- Child attacked by stranger in park
- Teenage pregnancy declining
- Teenage pregnancy declining
- Officers face misconduct hearing
- Offensive graffiti to be removed
- AFLPA fires back at ASADA
- 'I hope I never have to do it again'
- Why your digital TV cuts out
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- jgl Melb on 'Street culture mixed with Islamism' Why?you ask;Because that thing between the ears that allows the overwhelming majority of us to function normally and more ... more
- Christine on 'Street culture mixed with Islamism' Christ, everytime I turn on the TV it's Muslim this, Muslim that. What are they, the centre of the Universe? I don't think ... more
- Peggy on The angry and the bizarre: Radio ... Smells of corruption.What is even more strange is that Reeva's parents are satisfied with the sentence. Which parent would ... more
- King of Footscray on Paid parking approved for Yarraville Only fair and reasonable in my view, especially considering the reliance of paid parking revenue is currently heaped solely ... more
- Mik on Paid parking approved for Yarraville Its about time councils understand that they work for us, not the other way around. I dont actually think that council can ... more
- cChris watts on Paid parking approved for Yarraville why not get rid of all councils and just install an adminastratoerr..saves us all a small fortune more
- greg scott on Paid parking approved for Yarraville Madness.We do not need this 3rd level of government. more
- Peggy on Paid parking approved for Yarraville It's all about revenue raising so they have more money to give themselves payrises and nice trips around the world.Councils ... more
- Ursula Fajerman on 250 animals face death in bank action Wonderful news about the sanctuary. Thank you to the buyers and 3aw. This is the feel good news people need to wake up to. I ... more
- Catherine on Abbott not a 'mainstream world ... Who cares what the Russians says or believed they are morons like there leader and here in Australia they believe a ... more
- Stephen on 'It's a long rant. It's not banter' Oh lets not spend too much time on this he's an educated professor. Lets concentrate on removing Black from Baa Baa Black ... more
- Yank on Abbott not a 'mainstream world ... You should be proud to have a leader with guts. At least Abott's gotta pair we in the US are stuck with Mom Jeans as a ... more
- Andrea on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' I bought a puppy from Greg and when it started growing I too doubted the breed of my puppy was what I had purchased. So, I ... more
- Brenda Mentz on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' I have owned five miniature poodles and have no doubt this dog is part poodle. But the breed standard for miniature poodles ... more
- Lucy Richards on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' What utter crap this pet shop owner is talking, this dog would have come from a puppy farm. They work as he said on the ... more
- Colin Lacivita on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' How can you expect a dog not to grow and remain small. It's impossible. more
- Fran & Romeo on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' I think that was a poorly conducted interview if you invite people to speak on your show don't try to ridicule them I didn't ... more
- Toby Bushby on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' Looks like a Cavoodle to me, with dominant Poodle genes. They can be very small, or grow to larger than this pup is. Ally ... more
- Mandi on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' Get over it and look after the dog it deserves a good life omg humans! more
- Peggy on Police probe school chook killing What is this need to decapitate anything with some people?I guess it might be training for future "tourists" to the middle ... more
Neil Mitchell's ticks and crosses
A game of ticks and crosses, pluses and minuses, because there is a mixture today and I would like to nominate what I loved about the last few days and what got up my nose.
I want one from each of you – a plus and a minus from the past few days.
I loved the Christmas decorations Robert Doyle has put up around the city. The huge sign at Flinders and Elizabeth and the big present on the steps of the station gives the city a sense of occasion. If you have little kids, you’ll want to bring them in to absorb it.
I love the support we’re getting for our purple campaign to help cheer up a little 13-year-old girl with an inoperable brain tumour.
I love the good will and decency that it illustrates.
I love the ‘Dragonfly’ – that tiny helicopter camera at the cricket. The Channel 9 ‘Dragonfly’. I needs a name.
I love the fact that kangaroos took on bureaucrats from VicRoads and won. They closed the Calder Highway for three hours and tried to herd kangaroos out of the road plantation where they are living.
You can’t herd kangaroos – the kangaroos won. They are still there.
I love the little Daschund called ‘Segnor’, down at Flinders on Western Port. Segnor spent two days lost with his head stuck down a pipe. No food or water, but he’s been rescued and now is alive and well.
That’s what I love; Those are the ticks. Now for what I don’t like, the crosses.
Sexpo. Is this the biggest event to hit Melbourne this year? Everywhere I look there are signs, helicopters carrying flags and people promoting it. They’re celebrating some grubby old porn star as if he is a genuine celebrity.
Sexpo to me is sleazy, but dominating the town at the moment.
I’m grumpy about the desal plant – the damn thing is bigger than we need and we are paying for it.
This was an almighty stuff up by the previous government, the Brumby government and I reckon we are now owed an apology from the current lot.
Daniel Andrews is in China at the moment. The phones work to China. He should get on the phone and apologise to the people of Victoria for what his lot did in government.
It cost us $3.5 billion, $24 billion more to run it, water bills up $300 next year, and now the company that built it says it was always too big for what was needed. They just did what they were told.
The government got it wrong, time for an apology from Labor.
Another cross. The power bills. Julia Gillard says she is going to fix it. Nonsense. This is political trickery, an end-of-year stunt.
She is even going to have a consumer advocate. Terrific. Just like ‘Grocery Watch’ or ‘Fuel Watch’, the petrol commissioner. Trickery.
And what gets a cross finally; The cab industry says it is going to clean up taxis and improve service. Well, terrific.
Have they finally woken up? It took a government inquiry from Professor Allan Fels to convince them to do this.
They are now selling themselves as being clean and efficient. Well, they’re not.
Yes, Labor deserves a BIG electoral kick in the pants because of the desal plant. What about blaming the greenies that convinced/scared them into that big, fat, expensive white elephant?David Friday 14 December, 2012 - 1:35 PM
Its the wrong time of year for SEXPO, it should be held in winter or some thing..
This time of year should be treated with respect not only for christmas and the new year but about people who deserve something better than SEXPO what are we animals on heat........george Tuesday 4 December, 2012 - 8:04 PM
Big cross to Kingston City Council. Their contribution to Christmas Decorations are "seasons greetings" decals around rubbish bins. Bunch of ScroogesJane Tuesday 4 December, 2012 - 5:29 PM
@ Ian Big cross desalcol Tuesday 4 December, 2012 - 10:19 AM
Anyone that goes to sexpo must have that definate grubby sleaze side in them it would be full of deviates,kinky swingers,and sex predators how degrading.mandy Tuesday 4 December, 2012 - 9:55 AM
Re the kangaroos, geez Vic Roads tries to makes the roads safer and you laugh at them for trying and not quite succeeding.
Kangaroos on the road are incredibly dangerous and a collision with one can kill people. Sounds like a great joke, not! Sometimes I wonder if you really do think road safety is important.
Or was the opportunity to make snide and condescending remarks to a hard working govt employee just too good to pass up?
They were in a no win position, do nothing and you'll abuse them, do something you probably don't understand and you abuse them.PH Monday 3 December, 2012 - 10:16 PM