- New party wants seats for cyclists
- Epic walk 'changed our lives'
- 'There’s mortars going off now in Donetsk'
- 'I don't trust them. Watch your bills'
- 'Show some backbone': Napthine's message to UN, Putin
- Vandals target CFA stations
- Cadel Evans launches Geelong race
- Sky-rise phase to 'taper off'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Mandi on 'There’s mortars going off now in ... I agree Mylene they have an extremely deranged veiw on this horrific tragedy which is making the situation so much more ... more
- Milton on Epic walk 'changed our lives' Well done guys! more
- mylene on 'There’s mortars going off now in ... Back in the trenches in WWI we all stopped fighting for Xmas dinner and even played a game of soccer with the hun. These ... more
- jgl Melb on 'I don't trust them. Watch your bills' Power companies are slowly overhauling politicians and journalists as the masters of verbal gymnastics more
- Daniel on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' And now you're contributing to the problem Neil. It's not the fact that he just said 'something wrong' it's his mentality. ... more
- Eleanor Steel on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' Get rid of Taylor 3aw doesn't need an idiot big mouth like him!908DPC more
- Richie on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' Hearing Taylor lose his cool tonight on Sports Today when questioned about why some people don't see the apology as being ... more
- Delboy on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' The guy is living in the 80's. You can tell that by the mo. Lost me. more
- bc on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' brian taylor 2m words BIG MOUTH more
- poppitt on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' On 3aw last week you had 'like a girl' I was so pleased, I thought people are realising what they say has meaning. Now this ... more
- Stephen on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' Yet again political correctness gone mad!! Where does it stop I'm short for example as many are can we start demanding what ... more
- Nooky Hayes on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' How do you think Harry's wife feels when BT can say this and everyone say's don't worry about it. more
- Donna Grant on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' His comments were homophobic and unpleasant. Why can't he just behave like a grown up person.I usually listen to 3 AW on the ... more
- Gloria on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' It's about time homosexuals got over themselves and developed a sense of humour. I have never forgiven them for pinching the ... more
- Jan Widdop on Photos: Neil Mitchell's new puppy Cute puppy, enjoy him! more
- Georgia on Photos: Neil Mitchell's new puppy Lighten up Gloss, it's a happy subject. Don't be such a sourpuss. Cute puppy Neil more
- PJ on Photos: Neil Mitchell's new puppy And there's me thinking he'd been sent away for 'Lefty Training' to compete with Jon.Anyone that loves dogs is fundamentally ... more
- mylene on Thorpe's sexuality 'never an issue' I didn't watch any of those shows. Silent Witness and The Tunnel rule in my house. more
- Gloss on Thorpe's sexuality 'never an issue' None of us are shocked, we all knew long ago. more
- Gloss on Photos: Neil Mitchell's new puppy Don't think this dog is 'cute', he has a very sad eyes. Have to question why so many comments are printed about a dog when ... more
Neil Mitchell's ticks and crosses
A game of ticks and crosses, pluses and minuses, because there is a mixture today and I would like to nominate what I loved about the last few days and what got up my nose.
I want one from each of you – a plus and a minus from the past few days.
I loved the Christmas decorations Robert Doyle has put up around the city. The huge sign at Flinders and Elizabeth and the big present on the steps of the station gives the city a sense of occasion. If you have little kids, you’ll want to bring them in to absorb it.
I love the support we’re getting for our purple campaign to help cheer up a little 13-year-old girl with an inoperable brain tumour.
I love the good will and decency that it illustrates.
I love the ‘Dragonfly’ – that tiny helicopter camera at the cricket. The Channel 9 ‘Dragonfly’. I needs a name.
I love the fact that kangaroos took on bureaucrats from VicRoads and won. They closed the Calder Highway for three hours and tried to herd kangaroos out of the road plantation where they are living.
You can’t herd kangaroos – the kangaroos won. They are still there.
I love the little Daschund called ‘Segnor’, down at Flinders on Western Port. Segnor spent two days lost with his head stuck down a pipe. No food or water, but he’s been rescued and now is alive and well.
That’s what I love; Those are the ticks. Now for what I don’t like, the crosses.
Sexpo. Is this the biggest event to hit Melbourne this year? Everywhere I look there are signs, helicopters carrying flags and people promoting it. They’re celebrating some grubby old porn star as if he is a genuine celebrity.
Sexpo to me is sleazy, but dominating the town at the moment.
I’m grumpy about the desal plant – the damn thing is bigger than we need and we are paying for it.
This was an almighty stuff up by the previous government, the Brumby government and I reckon we are now owed an apology from the current lot.
Daniel Andrews is in China at the moment. The phones work to China. He should get on the phone and apologise to the people of Victoria for what his lot did in government.
It cost us $3.5 billion, $24 billion more to run it, water bills up $300 next year, and now the company that built it says it was always too big for what was needed. They just did what they were told.
The government got it wrong, time for an apology from Labor.
Another cross. The power bills. Julia Gillard says she is going to fix it. Nonsense. This is political trickery, an end-of-year stunt.
She is even going to have a consumer advocate. Terrific. Just like ‘Grocery Watch’ or ‘Fuel Watch’, the petrol commissioner. Trickery.
And what gets a cross finally; The cab industry says it is going to clean up taxis and improve service. Well, terrific.
Have they finally woken up? It took a government inquiry from Professor Allan Fels to convince them to do this.
They are now selling themselves as being clean and efficient. Well, they’re not.
Yes, Labor deserves a BIG electoral kick in the pants because of the desal plant. What about blaming the greenies that convinced/scared them into that big, fat, expensive white elephant?David Friday 14 December, 2012 - 1:35 PM
Its the wrong time of year for SEXPO, it should be held in winter or some thing..
This time of year should be treated with respect not only for christmas and the new year but about people who deserve something better than SEXPO what are we animals on heat........george Tuesday 4 December, 2012 - 8:04 PM
Big cross to Kingston City Council. Their contribution to Christmas Decorations are "seasons greetings" decals around rubbish bins. Bunch of ScroogesJane Tuesday 4 December, 2012 - 5:29 PM
@ Ian Big cross desalcol Tuesday 4 December, 2012 - 10:19 AM
Anyone that goes to sexpo must have that definate grubby sleaze side in them it would be full of deviates,kinky swingers,and sex predators how degrading.mandy Tuesday 4 December, 2012 - 9:55 AM
Re the kangaroos, geez Vic Roads tries to makes the roads safer and you laugh at them for trying and not quite succeeding.
Kangaroos on the road are incredibly dangerous and a collision with one can kill people. Sounds like a great joke, not! Sometimes I wonder if you really do think road safety is important.
Or was the opportunity to make snide and condescending remarks to a hard working govt employee just too good to pass up?
They were in a no win position, do nothing and you'll abuse them, do something you probably don't understand and you abuse them.PH Monday 3 December, 2012 - 10:16 PM