- Rosie Batty sent 'obscene' hate mail
- Get kids off this 'digital meat market'
- Australia's new airplanes are "horrendous lemons"
- 'I'm not good, my mum's dead': Donations flood for struggling kids
- 'Stop exploiting Anzac Day'
- 'The Easter Bunny is bad for kids'
- Thumbtack terrorists target Kew cyclists
- 'Do we need to see that?': Shaw
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Andrew on Australia's new airplanes are ... The picture associated with this article is not an f-35. more
- Ben on 'I'm not good, my mum's dead': ... Our thoughts go to the family and children of Fiona. Kindess and support is what these children will need in the long run. ... more
- Tracy Tot on 'Stop exploiting Anzac Day' Wrong and totally disrespectful to our diggers , have a party but don't use the uniform or anzacs to promote it. more
- lw ross on 'Stop exploiting Anzac Day' But exploiting easter is ok more
- John wright on 'Stop exploiting Anzac Day' I completely agree with Neil, it's a very sobering day of sadness and realisation people died to keep and protect what we ... more
- Maree on 'Stop exploiting Anzac Day' yhese people have no respect for anything not even themselves. more
- Karl Gawlik on FIXED: Bank backs down Well done Neil and 3AW. I had a similar problem with the same bank, not as serious but still a lot of money was involved. ... more
- sm on Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania Do it Hawks - Do it !! ASAPbetter ground - no covering to "protect fully matured men from rain etc etc"DO IT HAWKS more
- Ron G on FIXED: Bank backs down Ditch the Combank.Take accounts to Bendigo or Community based Bank more
- Amazed on FIXED: Bank backs down Yep my tears are flowing as well. How can you not have tears... more
- Amazed on Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania You have to be kidding Jeff Why TASMANIA :( more
- Graham on Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania May Jeff Kennett should move to Launceston. Has he considered 60,000 true and passionate members ? What an amazing statement ... more
- Colin Lacivita on FIXED: Bank backs down We all in the community would be lost without 3AW and Neil Mitchell CBA should know better the poor guy shouldn't have to ... more
- Noel Goodear on FIXED: Bank backs down My shares in the Commonwealth Bank says help the family, you might be right legally but where is your compassion - he has ... more
- Neddy on FIXED: Bank backs down Bloody Greedy COMMONWEALTH BANK. I removed my term deposit from this GREEDY bank in January because of their SNEEKY charges. ... more
- Chez on FIXED: Bank backs down Mr Simpson I am feeling for you and your family, re your situation. I am elated with the Commonwealth Bank, Its wonderful ... more
- Milton on FIXED: Bank backs down Neil:They shouldn't have to be dragged kicking and screaming to that position.Sorry, good move but no credit to them I am ... more
- Gavan Wignall on FIXED: Bank backs down Thanks Neil. Well done sorting the Commbank. Stuart is a former colleague of mine and having worked with him for 7 years can ... more
- David on FIXED: Bank backs down Just like warranties on cars.. not worth the paper they are written on.. I hope CBA come to this families aid but I doubt ... more
- Dame Mylene on 'Rats are eating my new home': Family's ... The rats are winning. more
New head of the Docklands 'sand pit' needs to leave our football alone
Leave our football alone.
The new head of the Docklands sand pit, Paul Sergeant, has told the Herald Sun it is time for new ‘razzle dazzle’ around football.
He wants us to copy the nonsense of basketball and American baseball. Rubbish. We don’t want that.
Look, this bloke is English so we can’t expect him to understand. Football is about the sport, not the window dressing.
We love the ANZAC Day ceremony at the football, not Meatloaf. And this bloke at Etihad Stadium should realise he has far more things to fix than Football.
Like the surface on his sand pit.
LISTEN: Etihad Stadium spokesperson Bill Lane speaks with Neil Mitchell:
Just got back from Thailand and saw a game in Chiangmai last week. I thought it would be a novelty event but very suprised, huge crowd of around 8,000, the standard was excellent some great skills. (could be a recruiting ground for a small forward)They had the cheerleaders right througout the game and they were entertaining especially for the male supporters nice custumes (or lack of)very easy on the eye. I doubt if they could have them in Australia tho due to sexual exploitation of women thing.Sean - Doncaster Monday 19 November, 2012 - 3:36 PM
Don't try and turn it some gala event with frilly little edging leave that rubbish to non contact sports like soccer and basketball.Christine Monday 19 November, 2012 - 3:30 PM
Don't change anything, as Max said Aussie Ball is the greatest game in the world, have a look at its popularity, in over 150 years its has spread as far as Adelaide & Perth, that proves its the greatest game on the planet. Imagine in another 150 years, it might even be number one game in New Zealand, then we can play Internationals & maybe even the Aussie Ball World Cup, wow you can only dream!!!....with Mitchell promoting us any chance he gets anything is possible.Matt -proudly Un-Australian Monday 19 November, 2012 - 2:50 PM
We have the greatest game in the world that keeps us on the edge of our seats dont change a thing the other codes have to do something to stop the fans from going to sleep.Max Wednesday 14 November, 2012 - 8:09 PM
listen up pom get a roof/cover walk way from the tram stop so when we get off the tram and its pissing down, us country folk can get in there a lot dryer .. hey why do we get these poms etc runing our companys c e os over paid poms grrrr..bushiepete Wednesday 14 November, 2012 - 1:02 PM
Agree Neil, there already is too much extraneous noise at the footy. They are much more likely to turn people away with razzle dazzle than get more to come.Joe Garra Wednesday 14 November, 2012 - 12:27 PM