- Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl'
- New party wants seats for cyclists
- Epic walk 'changed our lives'
- 'There’s mortars going off now in Donetsk'
- 'I don't trust them. Watch your bills'
- 'Show some backbone': Napthine's message to UN, Putin
- Vandals target CFA stations
- Cadel Evans launches Geelong race
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Mandi on 'There’s mortars going off now in ... I agree Mylene they have an extremely deranged veiw on this horrific tragedy which is making the situation so much more ... more
- Milton on Epic walk 'changed our lives' Well done guys! more
- mylene on 'There’s mortars going off now in ... Back in the trenches in WWI we all stopped fighting for Xmas dinner and even played a game of soccer with the hun. These ... more
- jgl Melb on 'I don't trust them. Watch your bills' Power companies are slowly overhauling politicians and journalists as the masters of verbal gymnastics more
- Daniel on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' And now you're contributing to the problem Neil. It's not the fact that he just said 'something wrong' it's his mentality. ... more
- Eleanor Steel on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' Get rid of Taylor 3aw doesn't need an idiot big mouth like him!908DPC more
- Richie on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' Hearing Taylor lose his cool tonight on Sports Today when questioned about why some people don't see the apology as being ... more
- Delboy on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' The guy is living in the 80's. You can tell that by the mo. Lost me. more
- bc on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' brian taylor 2m words BIG MOUTH more
- poppitt on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' On 3aw last week you had 'like a girl' I was so pleased, I thought people are realising what they say has meaning. Now this ... more
- Stephen on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' Yet again political correctness gone mad!! Where does it stop I'm short for example as many are can we start demanding what ... more
- Nooky Hayes on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' How do you think Harry's wife feels when BT can say this and everyone say's don't worry about it. more
- Donna Grant on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' His comments were homophobic and unpleasant. Why can't he just behave like a grown up person.I usually listen to 3 AW on the ... more
- Gloria on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' It's about time homosexuals got over themselves and developed a sense of humour. I have never forgiven them for pinching the ... more
- Jan Widdop on Photos: Neil Mitchell's new puppy Cute puppy, enjoy him! more
- Georgia on Photos: Neil Mitchell's new puppy Lighten up Gloss, it's a happy subject. Don't be such a sourpuss. Cute puppy Neil more
- PJ on Photos: Neil Mitchell's new puppy And there's me thinking he'd been sent away for 'Lefty Training' to compete with Jon.Anyone that loves dogs is fundamentally ... more
- mylene on Thorpe's sexuality 'never an issue' I didn't watch any of those shows. Silent Witness and The Tunnel rule in my house. more
- Gloss on Thorpe's sexuality 'never an issue' None of us are shocked, we all knew long ago. more
- Gloss on Photos: Neil Mitchell's new puppy Don't think this dog is 'cute', he has a very sad eyes. Have to question why so many comments are printed about a dog when ... more
New head of the Docklands 'sand pit' needs to leave our football alone
Leave our football alone.
The new head of the Docklands sand pit, Paul Sergeant, has told the Herald Sun it is time for new ‘razzle dazzle’ around football.
He wants us to copy the nonsense of basketball and American baseball. Rubbish. We don’t want that.
Look, this bloke is English so we can’t expect him to understand. Football is about the sport, not the window dressing.
We love the ANZAC Day ceremony at the football, not Meatloaf. And this bloke at Etihad Stadium should realise he has far more things to fix than Football.
Like the surface on his sand pit.
LISTEN: Etihad Stadium spokesperson Bill Lane speaks with Neil Mitchell:
Just got back from Thailand and saw a game in Chiangmai last week. I thought it would be a novelty event but very suprised, huge crowd of around 8,000, the standard was excellent some great skills. (could be a recruiting ground for a small forward)They had the cheerleaders right througout the game and they were entertaining especially for the male supporters nice custumes (or lack of)very easy on the eye. I doubt if they could have them in Australia tho due to sexual exploitation of women thing.Sean - Doncaster Monday 19 November, 2012 - 3:36 PM
Don't try and turn it some gala event with frilly little edging leave that rubbish to non contact sports like soccer and basketball.Christine Monday 19 November, 2012 - 3:30 PM
Don't change anything, as Max said Aussie Ball is the greatest game in the world, have a look at its popularity, in over 150 years its has spread as far as Adelaide & Perth, that proves its the greatest game on the planet. Imagine in another 150 years, it might even be number one game in New Zealand, then we can play Internationals & maybe even the Aussie Ball World Cup, wow you can only dream!!!....with Mitchell promoting us any chance he gets anything is possible.Matt -proudly Un-Australian Monday 19 November, 2012 - 2:50 PM
We have the greatest game in the world that keeps us on the edge of our seats dont change a thing the other codes have to do something to stop the fans from going to sleep.Max Wednesday 14 November, 2012 - 8:09 PM
listen up pom get a roof/cover walk way from the tram stop so when we get off the tram and its pissing down, us country folk can get in there a lot dryer .. hey why do we get these poms etc runing our companys c e os over paid poms grrrr..bushiepete Wednesday 14 November, 2012 - 1:02 PM
Agree Neil, there already is too much extraneous noise at the footy. They are much more likely to turn people away with razzle dazzle than get more to come.Joe Garra Wednesday 14 November, 2012 - 12:27 PM