- Career changes: From butcher to opera singer
- If Jesus walked into Neil Mitchell's studio...
- Greg Davies steps down as Victoria Police Association Secretary
- Kids and sports betting: The AFL & state government have a problem
- An outbreak of common sense: Kevin Rudd and Denis Hart
- Neil Mitchell negotiates with protestor on Flinders Street rail tracks
- Ambulance Service in crisis: one hour and 22 minutes but still no response
- Show a little tact, Premier Napthine
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- PJ on If Jesus walked into Neil Mitchell's ... Labor could have brought in Equal Marriage 6 years ago. It's only talking about it now, today, because we're 4 months out ... more
- jgl Melb on If Jesus walked into Neil Mitchell's ... "If Jesus walked into the studio"...Hang on didn't Hinch get the flick a while back? more
- Henry on Kids and sports betting: The AFL & ... The majority of advertisements on web sites are automatically generated based on the content of the page as well as past ... more
- Frank Varga on Sandy Roberts isn't racist, his Indian ... Just as well that they don't show re-runs of the Paul Hogan Show any more. Poor old Hoges would be referred to as a ... more
- mylene on Greg Davies steps down as Victoria ... Bring back Paul 'The Fish' Mullett. :) more
- mylene on If Jesus walked into Neil Mitchell's ... How ridiculous. Everybody knows Jesus is a 774 listener :p more
- Sarah on An outbreak of common sense: Kevin Rudd ... What the hell is Greg saying I had to re-read it three times to understand his point, which I still do not understand. more
- mylene on An outbreak of common sense: Kevin Rudd ... Blaming the dead guy is an old tactic. That Neil fell for it is just pathetic. more
- Sophie on Kids and sports betting: The AFL & ... I agree, but I must say that I hate all the 3AW promotion of sports betting. I know you have no say in this Neil, but on the ... more
- lesson in manners needed on Ambulance Service in crisis: one hour ... They were probably drinking coffee, which is what they do, with the age group employed now. Also observed sipping coffee at ... more
- Greg on Greg Davies steps down as Victoria ... Has anyone thought about a Police Officer being the Secretary of the Victoria Police Association being a conflict of ... more
- Barry on An outbreak of common sense: Kevin Rudd ... Kevin who? We all thought he was not an invertebrate or is he not really because to be able to wriggle that much when it ... more
- Linda on An outbreak of common sense: Kevin Rudd ... One thing Mitchell missed this morning to get a horror circus trio: Dr Failure Hewson believes he can review his position as ... more
- Gina on An outbreak of common sense: Kevin Rudd ... Talking about YUK?When you use your mouth as a toilet hole or stick stuff in what would be your toilet device then review ... more
- Matt - proudly Un-Australian on An outbreak of common sense: Kevin Rudd ... @Faye, totally agree, these mindless fools who worship a sky fairy have the nerve to tell other people how to live their ... more
- jgl Melb on An outbreak of common sense: Kevin Rudd ... @GREG...WTF?? more
- Jack2967 on Kids and sports betting: The AFL & ... This is utterly disgusting. They may as well start advertising alcohol and cigarettes on the same site! This is NOT ... more
- John on An outbreak of common sense: Kevin Rudd ... How did the illogical and offensive post from 'GREG' get through moderation? more
- Rod Bridges on Neil Mitchell negotiates with protestor ... The title of this story is misleading, as per usual Mitchell your giant ego has taken over. The guy was never in any danger ... more
- Danny Grose on National Disability Insurance Scheme: ... Just had to ask that if the NDIS age applicability is capped to below 65, and seeing that we have the increased medicare ... more
New head of the Docklands 'sand pit' needs to leave our football alone
Leave our football alone.
The new head of the Docklands sand pit, Paul Sergeant, has told the Herald Sun it is time for new ‘razzle dazzle’ around football.
He wants us to copy the nonsense of basketball and American baseball. Rubbish. We don’t want that.
Look, this bloke is English so we can’t expect him to understand. Football is about the sport, not the window dressing.
We love the ANZAC Day ceremony at the football, not Meatloaf. And this bloke at Etihad Stadium should realise he has far more things to fix than Football.
Like the surface on his sand pit.
LISTEN: Etihad Stadium spokesperson Bill Lane speaks with Neil Mitchell:
Just got back from Thailand and saw a game in Chiangmai last week. I thought it would be a novelty event but very suprised, huge crowd of around 8,000, the standard was excellent some great skills. (could be a recruiting ground for a small forward)They had the cheerleaders right througout the game and they were entertaining especially for the male supporters nice custumes (or lack of)very easy on the eye. I doubt if they could have them in Australia tho due to sexual exploitation of women thing.Sean - Doncaster Monday 19 November, 2012 - 3:36 PM
Don't try and turn it some gala event with frilly little edging leave that rubbish to non contact sports like soccer and basketball.Christine Monday 19 November, 2012 - 3:30 PM
Don't change anything, as Max said Aussie Ball is the greatest game in the world, have a look at its popularity, in over 150 years its has spread as far as Adelaide & Perth, that proves its the greatest game on the planet. Imagine in another 150 years, it might even be number one game in New Zealand, then we can play Internationals & maybe even the Aussie Ball World Cup, wow you can only dream!!!....with Mitchell promoting us any chance he gets anything is possible.Matt -proudly Un-Australian Monday 19 November, 2012 - 2:50 PM
We have the greatest game in the world that keeps us on the edge of our seats dont change a thing the other codes have to do something to stop the fans from going to sleep.Max Wednesday 14 November, 2012 - 8:09 PM
listen up pom get a roof/cover walk way from the tram stop so when we get off the tram and its pissing down, us country folk can get in there a lot dryer .. hey why do we get these poms etc runing our companys c e os over paid poms grrrr..bushiepete Wednesday 14 November, 2012 - 1:02 PM
Agree Neil, there already is too much extraneous noise at the footy. They are much more likely to turn people away with razzle dazzle than get more to come.Joe Garra Wednesday 14 November, 2012 - 12:27 PM