- Hackers target webcams
- Keep on holding on
- 'I don't deserve this'
- Car park rip-off
- Photo: Cane toad in Melbourne?
- Shrine shadow building approved
- From the steps of Parliament
- Is this Xmas tree worth $1m?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Solomons' Sword on 'I don't deserve this' Paramedic standing over a sick patient: "Who are you going to vote for" before deciding what treatment to administer...Some ... more
- Deffa on 'I don't deserve this' @ David, It is not the same deal. The potential labour offer is 12% over 2 years, Governmet offer is 12% over 3 yrs. There ... more
- Janelle on Photo: Cane toad in Melbourne? Looks like a 'Banjo Frog' to me. Found one in Greensborough. more
- Sam Maglitto on 'I don't deserve this' Over this Union lead Dispute, yes I think Ambos and Paramedics deserve a better deal, But using the Vehicles and their ... more
- Heather on 'I don't deserve this' Unbelievable!!! This story has just decided my vote! Thank you Louise for your service (ditto to all other paramedics) and ... more
- Anna Brown on 'I don't deserve this' Louise is an incredibly hard working & dedicated paramedic. Paramedics work long hours in what r often traumatic & ... more
- IBARKER on 'I don't deserve this' Wear the uniform ?? but not your political "VIEWS""" more
- Marsha on Photo: Cane toad in Melbourne? I had a look at some photos as I didn't think the feet looked like a cane toad. Thanks for the Pobblebonk name - feet are ... more
- Lukew on 'I don't deserve this' The ambulance service should not be political and I think the disciplinary action for using the uniform to promote a ... more
- David on 'I don't deserve this' They were offered the same deal they said Labor offered and they would accept.. This is another example of Union thugs ... more
- Peggy on 'I don't deserve this' If she wants to make it personal then she should protest. Even if in uniform she can protest but to represent her employer ... more
- The quiet 'medic on 'I don't deserve this' Not mentioned here is that wearing our uniform for union actions outside of work is covered under protected industrial ... more
- Mark Cornford on 'I don't deserve this' It's getting to the stage that the Ambo's will soon ask if you are Liberal or Labour and if you are not what they support ... more
- Kylie on 'I don't deserve this' This gives one some insight into the bullying culture ambos cop under Ambulance Victoria. They treat ambos like utter ... more
- Kris on 'I don't deserve this' Yeah it seems pathetic but if it is policy you knew about it and you broke the rules then you should get punished for it. more
- Angry Ambo on 'I don't deserve this' This is yet another example of Ambulance Victoria's adversarial management approach toward their employees. They ... more
- Luke on Photo: Cane toad in Melbourne? Just to add, there are quite a few variations of Pobblebonk frog, also known as an Eastern Banjo - ... more
- Luke on Photo: Cane toad in Melbourne? Its a native frog called a Pobblebonk! Got to be careful not misidentifying animals. more
- Tracy Anderson on Photo: Cane toad in Melbourne? You were right the first time That slimy pestle beast dose look like Clive Palmer but then again if it really was him he ... more
- Scott on Photo: Cane toad in Melbourne? 100% not a cane toad, it's a common froglet. more
No end in sight for smoke police
A large percentage of the people who listen to me could become criminals - Crooks, lawbreakers, and it was inevitable.
The health police have had a big win with plain packaging of cigarettes. And they are so brave now, they may not stop.
The next step as reported today - they want to ban cigarettes totally.
That is the suggestion in The Age.
Several health lobbyists want to ban cigarettes as a legal product. That's madness.
You can't allow people to become addicted legally then suddenly make it illegal.
Imagine it. We'll have flying squads of smoke police raiding garages in Glen Waverley, dragging away four pensioners caught smoking.
There will be paddy wagons patrolling the streets, looking for one cigarette butt, doing DNA tests to lock up Beryl from Broadmeadows.
Or, the next step will be to allow older people to smoke but make it illegal for younger people. Perhaps nobody under the age of twenty will be allowed to buy smokes. All of which will make it even more attractive.
That's the danger with something like this. Those who want to run our lives are encouraged and don't know when to stop. Perhaps plain packaging for alcohol? Who knows...
What would you do if smoking suddenly became illegal?
PLAIN PACKAGING: The High Court has ruled the Federal Government's world-first plain packaging cigerette laws are constitutionally valid. Today's decision clears the way for all cigarette and tobacco products to be sold in drab olive-brown packs from December.
Bring it on, I can't wait!
Al Capone set up his family for life (and for many generations after he died - after all, the American Mafia is still one of the richest and most powerful criminal syndicates in the world today). If/when this suggestion becomes law, I'm giving up my day job!David Williams Tuesday 21 August, 2012 - 5:34 PM
I have been trying to give up smoking for years, banning might actually help me, but there is a raft of illegal tabacco out there at a much lower price, and as far as the smoke police, what a joke, it's hard enough to get a policeman for real crime out here in the country.
The plain packaging or graphic pictures on them, that's not a turn off to anybody I know, including school kids that smoke, besides can the government afford to lose the tax, while still copping the health bill from illegal tabacco smoking.Then there is grass which is readily available as well.gez Friday 17 August, 2012 - 5:37 AM
The average 3AW listener would be on the phone 24/7 dobbing in smokers. They'd be no time for the funeral parlour, nursing home and denture commercials. :pmylene Thursday 16 August, 2012 - 10:32 AM