- Footscray surgeon's 'miracle' recovery
- Shooting star Laetisha Scanlan with Neil Mitchell
- Newsreader gaffe: Who am I again?
- Neil Mitchell concedes defeat on speed camera questions
- WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full responsibility for 'dirty mess'
- 'He was left lying in a pool of blood'
- Work for the dole 'unfair' on jobseekers
- Woman disgusted over 'death' plate
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Steve on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... How can this man expect anybody to believe such rubbish? Recording a private conversation is legal as long as it is not ... more
- Joe Garra on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Why did they destroy someone else's property?? more
- Eric on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... What a beat up,who cares it is of no importance in the running of the State. Just another example of Neil Mitchell making a ... more
- poppitt on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... It appears Mr Andrews likes to call other politicians out for lying, cheating, stealing, but when it comes to members of his ... more
- Vallipuram on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... so it is ok to vandalise someone elses property As leader of opposition you accept responsibility for vandalism of property ... more
- Dallas on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Peter dalglish forget about tying to find the State Labor website on-line the way you spell you'll end up at a maternity ... more
- Stephen on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Oh and Mr Andrews the property was not yours to destroy!! So theft and criminal damage! The potential charges grow!! more
- Marko on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... I'd like to know why no police charges have been laid against Daniel Andrews, Kosmos Samaras, etc? When I was a cop it was ... more
- Bruce on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Mr Andrews still did not take responsibility!He repeatedly stated "It is my responsibility to get to the bottom of it"He ... more
- Bob on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Dead man walking, Mr Andrews. You expect us to believe that all those around you knew about the tape, what was on it, copied ... more
- Kate on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Interesting comment he makes in the second half of the tape at 8.07 - "I first heard this and I am not entirely sure I have ... more
- Fred on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Someone needs to teach Andrews the definition of theft. Only then will he understand what a 'thief' is. Mealy mouthed ... more
- bc on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... poor baby huey andrews the carnival is over .One thing there are grubs on all sides grubby guy is after napthines job.Fancy ... more
- Peter dalglish on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Daniels Andrews connected with unions federal opposition leader connected with unions, see a pattern happening here.Now to ... more
- Big Al on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... I have no faith or respect for any of our politicians. They are all devious and incompetent. Most people I speak to are ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Woman disgusted over 'death' plate This is unforgivable. The driver of this vehicle should be exposed so we can see who he really is. He should not be allowed ... more
- IBARKER on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Poppitt ?? Where are you for out thou. more
- Liz on Work for the dole 'unfair' on jobseekers If they stop sending all our jobs overseas. There would be plenty avail.If they leave call centre jobs in Australia there ... more
- poppitt on Work for the dole 'unfair' on jobseekers I see the unemployed every day where I work. They can afford to work, they can afford to look clean and respectable. The ... more
- colin on Woman disgusted over 'death' plate What a thoughtful reply Sinbad. Who is Amanda?Alzheimer's already? Hmmm. more
No end in sight for smoke police
A large percentage of the people who listen to me could become criminals - Crooks, lawbreakers, and it was inevitable.
The health police have had a big win with plain packaging of cigarettes. And they are so brave now, they may not stop.
The next step as reported today - they want to ban cigarettes totally.
That is the suggestion in The Age.
Several health lobbyists want to ban cigarettes as a legal product. That's madness.
You can't allow people to become addicted legally then suddenly make it illegal.
Imagine it. We'll have flying squads of smoke police raiding garages in Glen Waverley, dragging away four pensioners caught smoking.
There will be paddy wagons patrolling the streets, looking for one cigarette butt, doing DNA tests to lock up Beryl from Broadmeadows.
Or, the next step will be to allow older people to smoke but make it illegal for younger people. Perhaps nobody under the age of twenty will be allowed to buy smokes. All of which will make it even more attractive.
That's the danger with something like this. Those who want to run our lives are encouraged and don't know when to stop. Perhaps plain packaging for alcohol? Who knows...
What would you do if smoking suddenly became illegal?
PLAIN PACKAGING: The High Court has ruled the Federal Government's world-first plain packaging cigerette laws are constitutionally valid. Today's decision clears the way for all cigarette and tobacco products to be sold in drab olive-brown packs from December.
Bring it on, I can't wait!
Al Capone set up his family for life (and for many generations after he died - after all, the American Mafia is still one of the richest and most powerful criminal syndicates in the world today). If/when this suggestion becomes law, I'm giving up my day job!David Williams Tuesday 21 August, 2012 - 5:34 PM
I have been trying to give up smoking for years, banning might actually help me, but there is a raft of illegal tabacco out there at a much lower price, and as far as the smoke police, what a joke, it's hard enough to get a policeman for real crime out here in the country.
The plain packaging or graphic pictures on them, that's not a turn off to anybody I know, including school kids that smoke, besides can the government afford to lose the tax, while still copping the health bill from illegal tabacco smoking.Then there is grass which is readily available as well.gez Friday 17 August, 2012 - 5:37 AM
The average 3AW listener would be on the phone 24/7 dobbing in smokers. They'd be no time for the funeral parlour, nursing home and denture commercials. :pmylene Thursday 16 August, 2012 - 10:32 AM