- Two-thirds want cannabis legalised
- Taxi register confusion clarified
- Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl'
- New party wants seats for cyclists
- Epic walk 'changed our lives'
- 'There’s mortars going off now in Donetsk'
- 'I don't trust them. Watch your bills'
- 'Show some backbone': Napthine's message to UN, Putin
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Mark on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' Where's penny Wong now , Brian Taylor got hung drawn and quartered for his poof comment and yet no penny Wong standing up in ... more
- Stephen on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' No you're not a typical Aussie Girl! You're a disgrace and it has nothing to do with your gender either! You are in public ... more
- poppitt on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' If any male pollie mentioned a part of a womans body he would be walked over hot coals. This type of 'talk' is not ... more
- Gazza on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' If all politicians behaved like normal aussies the world would be a better place. Unfortunately this will never happen as ... more
- Willow on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' Would like to know how the people of Tassy, who voted for her, feel now. more
- bushiepete on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' at least we know what we got with this pollie. shes not afraid to speak her mind ..unlike the rest of the fence sitters ... more
- Sinbad on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' Two weeks ago, Brian Taylor gets vilified and lambasted for a throw away insult you would hear numerous times in any ... more
- Judi Pickett on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' Jacqui Lambie stating she's just a normal Aussie Girl? Neil, you need a mini survey on her comments, as I'd say the public, ... more
- mylene on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' The Prime Minister's comments on women, homosexuals and Aborigines make her look like a beginner. Leave offensiveness to the ... more
- Mandi on 'There’s mortars going off now in ... I agree Mylene they have an extremely deranged veiw on this horrific tragedy which is making the situation so much more ... more
- Milton on Epic walk 'changed our lives' Well done guys! more
- mylene on 'There’s mortars going off now in ... Back in the trenches in WWI we all stopped fighting for Xmas dinner and even played a game of soccer with the hun. These ... more
- jgl Melb on 'I don't trust them. Watch your bills' Power companies are slowly overhauling politicians and journalists as the masters of verbal gymnastics more
- Daniel on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' And now you're contributing to the problem Neil. It's not the fact that he just said 'something wrong' it's his mentality. ... more
- Eleanor Steel on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' Get rid of Taylor 3aw doesn't need an idiot big mouth like him!908DPC more
- Richie on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' Hearing Taylor lose his cool tonight on Sports Today when questioned about why some people don't see the apology as being ... more
- Delboy on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' The guy is living in the 80's. You can tell that by the mo. Lost me. more
- bc on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' brian taylor 2m words BIG MOUTH more
- poppitt on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' On 3aw last week you had 'like a girl' I was so pleased, I thought people are realising what they say has meaning. Now this ... more
- Stephen on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' Yet again political correctness gone mad!! Where does it stop I'm short for example as many are can we start demanding what ... more
Oz Lotto jackpots to $70 million tonight
Tonight Australians have the chance to win the second-highest lottery prize in our history, with $70 million up for grabs in Oz Lotto.
HAVE YOUR SAY: What would you do with the $70 million if you won?
Speaking with Neil Mitchell CEO of Tatts Lotteries Bill Thorburn said Tattersalls expect half the adult population will take a ticket in tonight's draw.
Bill Thorburn said there was a one in 3.8 million chance of winning when buying a twelve-game quick pick.
"This is a game where one person can win, but typically we might possibly get two or three winners," he said.
Bill Thorburn said the government take between 30 and 35 per cent of the revenue generated via ticket sales, while Tattersalls will walk away with four per cent.
The highest prize pool was $106 million in 2009.
LISTEN: Tatts Lotteries CEO Bill Thorburn speaks with Neil Mitchell:
I would give most to homeless biuld them homes to live in, and biuld sum were in out back to sed bad kids to fix them make good kids again.michael Wednesday 9 May, 2012 - 12:31 AM
Oh matt get off your high horse...what's that got to do with anything?! maybe if we had a bit more or a conservative liberal agenda things in this country wouldn't be quite so bad....not that that has anything to do with lotto!!!Sarah Tuesday 8 May, 2012 - 9:47 PM
If I won the lottery I would pay all my uni fee's, and I would buy myself a beautiful apartment in the city. Then I would buy a black mercedes convertible. I would then buy my mother a beautiful house and set her up for life. I would give a lot of money to cancer and multiple schlerosis research. I would also give money to disability organizations. I would take hold a wonderful event for all the students and teachers in my department at uni and we would have a wonderful gala together. That is what I would do if I won the lottery!Natalie Tuesday 8 May, 2012 - 9:26 PM
I would spend 60% of money on charity. Rest of the money I would use for myself and my family.Pramod Bhattarai Tuesday 8 May, 2012 - 9:01 PM
God if you make me win tonight I will change my name to Mike Oxsmall.Mike Oxbig Tuesday 8 May, 2012 - 3:17 PM
Is the rumour thismorning on the rumour file about the mining company purchasing $45,000,000 worth of lotto tickets confirmed?Sarah Tuesday 8 May, 2012 - 2:04 PM