- Career changes: From butcher to opera singer
- If Jesus walked into Neil Mitchell's studio...
- Greg Davies steps down as Victoria Police Association Secretary
- Kids and sports betting: The AFL & state government have a problem
- An outbreak of common sense: Kevin Rudd and Denis Hart
- Neil Mitchell negotiates with protestor on Flinders Street rail tracks
- Ambulance Service in crisis: one hour and 22 minutes but still no response
- Show a little tact, Premier Napthine
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- PJ on If Jesus walked into Neil Mitchell's ... Labor could have brought in Equal Marriage 6 years ago. It's only talking about it now, today, because we're 4 months out ... more
- jgl Melb on If Jesus walked into Neil Mitchell's ... "If Jesus walked into the studio"...Hang on didn't Hinch get the flick a while back? more
- Henry on Kids and sports betting: The AFL & ... The majority of advertisements on web sites are automatically generated based on the content of the page as well as past ... more
- Frank Varga on Sandy Roberts isn't racist, his Indian ... Just as well that they don't show re-runs of the Paul Hogan Show any more. Poor old Hoges would be referred to as a ... more
- mylene on Greg Davies steps down as Victoria ... Bring back Paul 'The Fish' Mullett. :) more
- mylene on If Jesus walked into Neil Mitchell's ... How ridiculous. Everybody knows Jesus is a 774 listener :p more
- Sarah on An outbreak of common sense: Kevin Rudd ... What the hell is Greg saying I had to re-read it three times to understand his point, which I still do not understand. more
- mylene on An outbreak of common sense: Kevin Rudd ... Blaming the dead guy is an old tactic. That Neil fell for it is just pathetic. more
- Sophie on Kids and sports betting: The AFL & ... I agree, but I must say that I hate all the 3AW promotion of sports betting. I know you have no say in this Neil, but on the ... more
- lesson in manners needed on Ambulance Service in crisis: one hour ... They were probably drinking coffee, which is what they do, with the age group employed now. Also observed sipping coffee at ... more
- Greg on Greg Davies steps down as Victoria ... Has anyone thought about a Police Officer being the Secretary of the Victoria Police Association being a conflict of ... more
- Barry on An outbreak of common sense: Kevin Rudd ... Kevin who? We all thought he was not an invertebrate or is he not really because to be able to wriggle that much when it ... more
- Linda on An outbreak of common sense: Kevin Rudd ... One thing Mitchell missed this morning to get a horror circus trio: Dr Failure Hewson believes he can review his position as ... more
- Gina on An outbreak of common sense: Kevin Rudd ... Talking about YUK?When you use your mouth as a toilet hole or stick stuff in what would be your toilet device then review ... more
- Matt - proudly Un-Australian on An outbreak of common sense: Kevin Rudd ... @Faye, totally agree, these mindless fools who worship a sky fairy have the nerve to tell other people how to live their ... more
- jgl Melb on An outbreak of common sense: Kevin Rudd ... @GREG...WTF?? more
- Jack2967 on Kids and sports betting: The AFL & ... This is utterly disgusting. They may as well start advertising alcohol and cigarettes on the same site! This is NOT ... more
- John on An outbreak of common sense: Kevin Rudd ... How did the illogical and offensive post from 'GREG' get through moderation? more
- Rod Bridges on Neil Mitchell negotiates with protestor ... The title of this story is misleading, as per usual Mitchell your giant ego has taken over. The guy was never in any danger ... more
- Danny Grose on National Disability Insurance Scheme: ... Just had to ask that if the NDIS age applicability is capped to below 65, and seeing that we have the increased medicare ... more
Oz Lotto jackpots to $70 million tonight
Tonight Australians have the chance to win the second-highest lottery prize in our history, with $70 million up for grabs in Oz Lotto.
HAVE YOUR SAY: What would you do with the $70 million if you won?
Speaking with Neil Mitchell CEO of Tatts Lotteries Bill Thorburn said Tattersalls expect half the adult population will take a ticket in tonight's draw.
Bill Thorburn said there was a one in 3.8 million chance of winning when buying a twelve-game quick pick.
"This is a game where one person can win, but typically we might possibly get two or three winners," he said.
Bill Thorburn said the government take between 30 and 35 per cent of the revenue generated via ticket sales, while Tattersalls will walk away with four per cent.
The highest prize pool was $106 million in 2009.
LISTEN: Tatts Lotteries CEO Bill Thorburn speaks with Neil Mitchell:
I would give most to homeless biuld them homes to live in, and biuld sum were in out back to sed bad kids to fix them make good kids again.michael Wednesday 9 May, 2012 - 12:31 AM
Oh matt get off your high horse...what's that got to do with anything?! maybe if we had a bit more or a conservative liberal agenda things in this country wouldn't be quite so bad....not that that has anything to do with lotto!!!Sarah Tuesday 8 May, 2012 - 9:47 PM
If I won the lottery I would pay all my uni fee's, and I would buy myself a beautiful apartment in the city. Then I would buy a black mercedes convertible. I would then buy my mother a beautiful house and set her up for life. I would give a lot of money to cancer and multiple schlerosis research. I would also give money to disability organizations. I would take hold a wonderful event for all the students and teachers in my department at uni and we would have a wonderful gala together. That is what I would do if I won the lottery!Natalie Tuesday 8 May, 2012 - 9:26 PM
I would spend 60% of money on charity. Rest of the money I would use for myself and my family.Pramod Bhattarai Tuesday 8 May, 2012 - 9:01 PM
God if you make me win tonight I will change my name to Mike Oxsmall.Mike Oxbig Tuesday 8 May, 2012 - 3:17 PM
Is the rumour thismorning on the rumour file about the mining company purchasing $45,000,000 worth of lotto tickets confirmed?Sarah Tuesday 8 May, 2012 - 2:04 PM