- Photos: Destructive winds lash the state
- 'Banks need to improve their reputation'
- 'I feel like I've earned this'
- Ron Iddles: 'This could actually save lives'
- Footscray surgeon's 'miracle' recovery
- Shooting star Laetisha Scanlan with Neil Mitchell
- Newsreader gaffe: Who am I again?
- Neil Mitchell concedes defeat on speed camera questions
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Tanya on Photos: Destructive winds lash the state Re the tree down in Coles - Bayswater.Why on earth did someone plant a monstrous gum tree in a car park?The mind boggles. more
- IBARKER on Ron Iddles: 'This could actually save ... This is not only a man V women it can happen the other way. more
- Milton on Ron Iddles: 'This could actually save ... Why wait for 3 breaches, why not 2 or possibly just 1? more
- Steve on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... How can this man expect anybody to believe such rubbish? Recording a private conversation is legal as long as it is not ... more
- Joe Garra on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Why did they destroy someone else's property?? more
- Eric on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... What a beat up,who cares it is of no importance in the running of the State. Just another example of Neil Mitchell making a ... more
- poppitt on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... It appears Mr Andrews likes to call other politicians out for lying, cheating, stealing, but when it comes to members of his ... more
- Vallipuram on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... so it is ok to vandalise someone elses property As leader of opposition you accept responsibility for vandalism of property ... more
- Dallas on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Peter dalglish forget about tying to find the State Labor website on-line the way you spell you'll end up at a maternity ... more
- Stephen on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Oh and Mr Andrews the property was not yours to destroy!! So theft and criminal damage! The potential charges grow!! more
- Marko on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... I'd like to know why no police charges have been laid against Daniel Andrews, Kosmos Samaras, etc? When I was a cop it was ... more
- Bruce on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Mr Andrews still did not take responsibility!He repeatedly stated "It is my responsibility to get to the bottom of it"He ... more
- Bob on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Dead man walking, Mr Andrews. You expect us to believe that all those around you knew about the tape, what was on it, copied ... more
- Kate on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Interesting comment he makes in the second half of the tape at 8.07 - "I first heard this and I am not entirely sure I have ... more
- Fred on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Someone needs to teach Andrews the definition of theft. Only then will he understand what a 'thief' is. Mealy mouthed ... more
- bc on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... poor baby huey andrews the carnival is over .One thing there are grubs on all sides grubby guy is after napthines job.Fancy ... more
- Peter dalglish on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Daniels Andrews connected with unions federal opposition leader connected with unions, see a pattern happening here.Now to ... more
- Big Al on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... I have no faith or respect for any of our politicians. They are all devious and incompetent. Most people I speak to are ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Woman disgusted over 'death' plate This is unforgivable. The driver of this vehicle should be exposed so we can see who he really is. He should not be allowed ... more
- IBARKER on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Poppitt ?? Where are you for out thou. more
Oz Lotto jackpots to $70 million tonight
Tonight Australians have the chance to win the second-highest lottery prize in our history, with $70 million up for grabs in Oz Lotto.
HAVE YOUR SAY: What would you do with the $70 million if you won?
Speaking with Neil Mitchell CEO of Tatts Lotteries Bill Thorburn said Tattersalls expect half the adult population will take a ticket in tonight's draw.
Bill Thorburn said there was a one in 3.8 million chance of winning when buying a twelve-game quick pick.
"This is a game where one person can win, but typically we might possibly get two or three winners," he said.
Bill Thorburn said the government take between 30 and 35 per cent of the revenue generated via ticket sales, while Tattersalls will walk away with four per cent.
The highest prize pool was $106 million in 2009.
LISTEN: Tatts Lotteries CEO Bill Thorburn speaks with Neil Mitchell:
I would give most to homeless biuld them homes to live in, and biuld sum were in out back to sed bad kids to fix them make good kids again.michael Wednesday 9 May, 2012 - 12:31 AM
Oh matt get off your high horse...what's that got to do with anything?! maybe if we had a bit more or a conservative liberal agenda things in this country wouldn't be quite so bad....not that that has anything to do with lotto!!!Sarah Tuesday 8 May, 2012 - 9:47 PM
If I won the lottery I would pay all my uni fee's, and I would buy myself a beautiful apartment in the city. Then I would buy a black mercedes convertible. I would then buy my mother a beautiful house and set her up for life. I would give a lot of money to cancer and multiple schlerosis research. I would also give money to disability organizations. I would take hold a wonderful event for all the students and teachers in my department at uni and we would have a wonderful gala together. That is what I would do if I won the lottery!Natalie Tuesday 8 May, 2012 - 9:26 PM
I would spend 60% of money on charity. Rest of the money I would use for myself and my family.Pramod Bhattarai Tuesday 8 May, 2012 - 9:01 PM
God if you make me win tonight I will change my name to Mike Oxsmall.Mike Oxbig Tuesday 8 May, 2012 - 3:17 PM
Is the rumour thismorning on the rumour file about the mining company purchasing $45,000,000 worth of lotto tickets confirmed?Sarah Tuesday 8 May, 2012 - 2:04 PM