- A last-ditch pitch to voters
- Brave victims snap attackers
- The art of AFL drafting
- Catherine Andrews: The woman behind the man
- Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking
- So, we like, don't like these words
- 'The results are amazing'
- Andrews attacks 'desperate' government
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Mike Genge on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The guy who shot this film needs a life, The poilce are hard working and are under pressure regardless where he parks to ... more
- Suzanne Bowtell on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Policemans actions are perhaps not a good luck. But what an arrogant, disrespectful twit the antagonistic filmer is. He's ... more
- garry robinson on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking This clown is nothing but a smartarse. Lack of respect is this county's biggest problem. Is the rear window open on the car ... more
- andy on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking This guy filming has some balls to talk this way to an officer to begin with, this is the trouble their is no respect for ... more
- Noel Hynes on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking To the person who recorded this video. "You are a complete and utter KNOB... "Wake up to yourself"... and "Show some respect ... more
- Joy tanti on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking I have no problem with this officer parking there as he is on duty at all times so if he got the call the car is there next ... more
- Dave on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Give us a break moron. Hardest job in the world, smart Alec's always filming everything cops do 24/7. Ten years ago the fool ... more
- ramin on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Keep up the good work guys, what I see here is police out being human and interacting with the community and at the same ... more
- Mariah on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Cudos to the guy ratting out that police officer. He is NOT above the law. He should be setting an example!! He should be ... more
- David Blackburn on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The guy filming that is a loser.He'd have something to say if he needed urgent police attention and they'd parked their car ... more
- Wayne on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Stupid guy. the officer needs to eat& be as close to his car as possible incase he needs to move quickly to save you're life! more
- Dennis Henry on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The policeman is a First Constable - not a Constable. The person behind the camera is an idiot not anyone of note. I ... more
- Stephen on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Cop parked illegal, that's wrong.Videographer filmed policeman (or anyone for that matter) in a public place, totally ... more
- Justin on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The tool behind the filming needs to get a life more
- Colin Lacivita on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking I agree 100% with the other comments. The Police are allowed to park anywhere. He is having lunch and the sooner he is back ... more
- Kris on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The fool with the camera should do his homework as its the council that fines you for parking in no standing zones not the ... more
- Darrell Gascoyne on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking As far as I am concerned I would be delighted an officer was there showing a visible presence, as a shop owner I would ... more
- Brendan on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Total Disrespect for the officer . Everyone is in favour of additional police presence on our streets and police should be ... more
- Guy Pearson on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking If they are allowed to do it, it's not "illegally parked"As long as they are safely parked I don't have a problem with ... more
- IGNATIUS on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking I would have not noticed the illegal parking because it is police officer.The dumb bugger who videoed this is a nutbag. more
Peter Ryan's ferocious attack on former advisor Tristan Weston
Deputy Premier Peter Ryan has made his first public, blistering attack on his former advisor Tristan Weston, tearing into his credibility over the secret tape affair on the Neil Mitchell program.
Tensions were running high between the Police Minister and Neil Mitchell, in a knock-down, drag-out battle over the issue which this week lead to the departure of Ted Baillieu as Premier of Victoria.
Mr Ryan’s tirade makes him the first politician to openly accuse Mr Weston of being responsible for the taping of conversations between himself, former Premier Ted Baillieu’s chief of staff Tony Nutt, and state director of the Liberal Party, Damian Mantach.
WATCH VIDEO: Neil Mitchell and Deputy Premier Peter Ryan go head-to-head over the Tristan Weston secret tape affair:
Mr Ryan flatly denied Mr Weston’s taped assertions that the Police Minister had lied about his involvement in the departure of former Victoria Police Commissioner Simon Overland, counter-attacking his former advisor’s reliability.
"We've got three guys sitting in a room in a conversation, a consensual conversation apparently to do with Mr Weston's future," Mr Ryan said on the Neil Mitchell program.
"Two of the contributors do not know that they are being taped.
"The third knows full well, because he's doing the taping, and in the course of the taping, he utters those words.
"If I may throw back to my legal career, if ever you saw a self-serving, apologist, half-baked commentary from a bloke who I would think, independently looking at this as much as I can be, set it so that he would be able to say those words into that tape which he was then making.
"I mean spare me, absolutely spare me. He (Tristian Weston) is doing the recording, Neil Mitchell. He's the one who set the whole thing up.
"He (Tristan Weston) is the one who taped this private conversation and did not tell these other two guys, and he feeds into that tape that verbiage and you're trying to tell me that's got some element of credibility about it?"
Neil Mitchell said he was astounded to hear from Peter Ryan that he was not aware of the job offers made to Tristan Weston for taking the fall in the OPI affair, the Deputy Premier he needs media advice on the issue.
"I'm just amazed that when it was stated in July 13 last year that this had happened, you or Ted Baillieu didn't bother to ask anybody about it," Neil Mitchell said.
"And particularly you because it's your advisor, the bloke, (who) has allegedly been hung out to dry, being offered deals from the Liberal Party."
At the end of the day Overland was gone. Surely a positive outcome! The current man is better than the last two put together. All else is political foolishnessNorman McLennan Tuesday 12 March, 2013 - 10:33 PM
Istrongly believe politics in Victoria and austrlia is moving to the gutters with all the lies and counter lies in the name of power and egosjohn celmanski Monday 11 March, 2013 - 1:51 AM
Typical ryan dirty as hell he will not be on westons christmas card list go for it neil dont hold back do it for all victoriansbarry Friday 8 March, 2013 - 7:21 PM
Bye bye Peter....Gazza Friday 8 March, 2013 - 4:47 PM
Some conversations are meant to be private I don't blame Ryan for spitting the dummy, and talking of blowhards who could be worse than Rob Hulls or John look at me Brumby when those two shifty morons were in government>..Steve Friday 8 March, 2013 - 2:20 PM
Clearly Mr Ryan does not like people who tape record conversations. It appears this is because he does not like the truth coming out. Mr Ryan you may be genuinely fooling yourself with your smart talk and spin but the public can see what is going on very clearly.Patrick Boyle Friday 8 March, 2013 - 1:07 PM