- Thumbtack terrorists target Kew cyclists
- 'Do we need to see that?': Shaw
- Police to immobilise hoon drivers
- Government warned of pensioner backlash
- Star wheel hits 100,000th customer
- Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania
- FIXED: Bank backs down
- Bob Carr: I didn't deceive Australians
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Karl Gawlik on FIXED: Bank backs down Well done Neil and 3AW. I had a similar problem with the same bank, not as serious but still a lot of money was involved. ... more
- sm on Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania Do it Hawks - Do it !! ASAPbetter ground - no covering to "protect fully matured men from rain etc etc"DO IT HAWKS more
- Ron G on FIXED: Bank backs down Ditch the Combank.Take accounts to Bendigo or Community based Bank more
- Amazed on FIXED: Bank backs down Yep my tears are flowing as well. How can you not have tears... more
- Amazed on Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania You have to be kidding Jeff Why TASMANIA :( more
- Graham on Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania May Jeff Kennett should move to Launceston. Has he considered 60,000 true and passionate members ? What an amazing statement ... more
- Colin Lacivita on FIXED: Bank backs down We all in the community would be lost without 3AW and Neil Mitchell CBA should know better the poor guy shouldn't have to ... more
- Noel Goodear on FIXED: Bank backs down My shares in the Commonwealth Bank says help the family, you might be right legally but where is your compassion - he has ... more
- Neddy on FIXED: Bank backs down Bloody Greedy COMMONWEALTH BANK. I removed my term deposit from this GREEDY bank in January because of their SNEEKY charges. ... more
- Chez on FIXED: Bank backs down Mr Simpson I am feeling for you and your family, re your situation. I am elated with the Commonwealth Bank, Its wonderful ... more
- Milton on FIXED: Bank backs down Neil:They shouldn't have to be dragged kicking and screaming to that position.Sorry, good move but no credit to them I am ... more
- Gavan Wignall on FIXED: Bank backs down Thanks Neil. Well done sorting the Commbank. Stuart is a former colleague of mine and having worked with him for 7 years can ... more
- David on FIXED: Bank backs down Just like warranties on cars.. not worth the paper they are written on.. I hope CBA come to this families aid but I doubt ... more
- Dame Mylene on 'Rats are eating my new home': Family's ... The rats are winning. more
- Dame Mylene on Speed camera mystery: Is this the ... They could save a lot of money by just sending out fines to P platers that drive sports utes. Before you can own one you ... more
- poppitt on 'Rats are eating my new home': Family's ... Why would it be the builders fault? more
- Stephen on Demetriou on Sunday night's clash There lays the problem with the AFL thinking Sunday night football suits the supporters. REALLY!! more
- Keith J on School porn incident 'isolated' Being the father of the other child i understand the frustration and anger.This is an unfortunate event that has taken ... more
- Christine on Jealous parents target Bonds babies To the people who shared their poisoness views, how totally disgusting, you should be ashamed of yourselves. more
- Ms Bobby Cobani on Rosie Batty's anger at TV host I hope Chief Commissioner and other prominent males speak up. No one can know the type of fear Rosie is talking about. ... more
Peter Ryan's ferocious attack on former advisor Tristan Weston
Deputy Premier Peter Ryan has made his first public, blistering attack on his former advisor Tristan Weston, tearing into his credibility over the secret tape affair on the Neil Mitchell program.
Tensions were running high between the Police Minister and Neil Mitchell, in a knock-down, drag-out battle over the issue which this week lead to the departure of Ted Baillieu as Premier of Victoria.
Mr Ryan’s tirade makes him the first politician to openly accuse Mr Weston of being responsible for the taping of conversations between himself, former Premier Ted Baillieu’s chief of staff Tony Nutt, and state director of the Liberal Party, Damian Mantach.
WATCH VIDEO: Neil Mitchell and Deputy Premier Peter Ryan go head-to-head over the Tristan Weston secret tape affair:
Mr Ryan flatly denied Mr Weston’s taped assertions that the Police Minister had lied about his involvement in the departure of former Victoria Police Commissioner Simon Overland, counter-attacking his former advisor’s reliability.
"We've got three guys sitting in a room in a conversation, a consensual conversation apparently to do with Mr Weston's future," Mr Ryan said on the Neil Mitchell program.
"Two of the contributors do not know that they are being taped.
"The third knows full well, because he's doing the taping, and in the course of the taping, he utters those words.
"If I may throw back to my legal career, if ever you saw a self-serving, apologist, half-baked commentary from a bloke who I would think, independently looking at this as much as I can be, set it so that he would be able to say those words into that tape which he was then making.
"I mean spare me, absolutely spare me. He (Tristian Weston) is doing the recording, Neil Mitchell. He's the one who set the whole thing up.
"He (Tristan Weston) is the one who taped this private conversation and did not tell these other two guys, and he feeds into that tape that verbiage and you're trying to tell me that's got some element of credibility about it?"
Neil Mitchell said he was astounded to hear from Peter Ryan that he was not aware of the job offers made to Tristan Weston for taking the fall in the OPI affair, the Deputy Premier he needs media advice on the issue.
"I'm just amazed that when it was stated in July 13 last year that this had happened, you or Ted Baillieu didn't bother to ask anybody about it," Neil Mitchell said.
"And particularly you because it's your advisor, the bloke, (who) has allegedly been hung out to dry, being offered deals from the Liberal Party."
At the end of the day Overland was gone. Surely a positive outcome! The current man is better than the last two put together. All else is political foolishnessNorman McLennan Tuesday 12 March, 2013 - 10:33 PM
Istrongly believe politics in Victoria and austrlia is moving to the gutters with all the lies and counter lies in the name of power and egosjohn celmanski Monday 11 March, 2013 - 1:51 AM
Typical ryan dirty as hell he will not be on westons christmas card list go for it neil dont hold back do it for all victoriansbarry Friday 8 March, 2013 - 7:21 PM
Bye bye Peter....Gazza Friday 8 March, 2013 - 4:47 PM
Some conversations are meant to be private I don't blame Ryan for spitting the dummy, and talking of blowhards who could be worse than Rob Hulls or John look at me Brumby when those two shifty morons were in government>..Steve Friday 8 March, 2013 - 2:20 PM
Clearly Mr Ryan does not like people who tape record conversations. It appears this is because he does not like the truth coming out. Mr Ryan you may be genuinely fooling yourself with your smart talk and spin but the public can see what is going on very clearly.Patrick Boyle Friday 8 March, 2013 - 1:07 PM