- 'Blame the tradie, not contestants'
- Lambie: 'Strip Sharia supporters of welfare'
- Classic or crazy? Cazaly re-made
- Australia in for 'long haul' against ISIS
- George the Goldfish saved with surgery
- 'Players leave': Gillon gives it straight to Bombers caller
- Horrified children find pet dogs mauled in backyard
- 'Drugs war unwinnable, time to legalise'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Gazza on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... The yanks spend billions on the biggest and baddest weapons,time to use them all,now. more
- Steve on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... One of your most most stupid statements so far mylyene! more
- Jane on Lambie: 'Strip Sharia supporters of ... Well this is one thing i agree with. Tired of tip-toeing on this issue. There are not hundreds of Muslims that support ... more
- Linda on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... Christine Milne is as big a threat to our national security as groups like ISIS. Even the tiniest chink in our political ... more
- GIW on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... Yes Mylene, that is the aim of Islam to take over the world. As a caller on the Sunday Morning show yesterdays said, there ... more
- mylene on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... Don't worry in a couple of years we'll be trading with ISIS and the Taliban and anyone who mentions the war will be shouted ... more
- Jeff on 'Players leave': Gillon gives it ... As parents of young kids i cannot believe Essendon has put James Hird back in as coach, Hird should have nothing to do with ... more
- Stephen on 'Players leave': Gillon gives it ... Doesn't know a lot really does he! Including if the Bombers took anything illeagal!AFL Another Fool Leader. more
- Diane on 'Players leave': Gillon gives it ... How silly to have a coaches meeting when there are finals on and other coaches are having their reviews. more
- Jimbob on 'Players leave': Gillon gives it ... I wonder what the risk factor is for those other clubs attempting to poach essendong starts caught in this. If the worst ... more
- Mel on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... Our neighbours also have a fox terrier & it's one of the most aggressive & unsocialised dogs I have seen! Has prevented us ... more
- Wayne on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... to wendy who wrote "Perhaps the dogs that did the killings were Miniature Pit Bulls rather than Fox Terriers? Surely this ... more
- Sam Maglitto on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... I heard this report on the radio this afternoon and being a Dog Lover I was horrified to think there are other owners who ... more
- wendy on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... Perhaps the dogs that did the killings were Miniature Pit Bulls rather than Fox Terriers? Surely this would get peoples ... more
- Stephanie on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... Such a tragedy for all involved. more
- Robert on 'PM's popularity between asbestos and ... But when he opposes public transport, his ratings suffer. His being so good at opposing things, particularly public ... more
- jgl Melb on 'If Ashby is right, Pyne should quit' Christopher Pyne;Verbal gymnast extraordinaire...Putting it politely more
- Colin Lacivita on Phone scam targets grieving widow I always get emails promising me money. I don't care who they are I always send a email back warning that their contact ... more
- David R on Council backs down over fees Typical heartless unthinking council bureaucrats. And its not the Councillors its the people manning the front desk or the ... more
- mike on Labor's tough new stance against 'evil' So trafficking drugs away from a school is less illegal?And why drug busses? Target pubs/clubs! I hear more and more people ... more
Peter Ryan's ferocious attack on former advisor Tristan Weston
Deputy Premier Peter Ryan has made his first public, blistering attack on his former advisor Tristan Weston, tearing into his credibility over the secret tape affair on the Neil Mitchell program.
Tensions were running high between the Police Minister and Neil Mitchell, in a knock-down, drag-out battle over the issue which this week lead to the departure of Ted Baillieu as Premier of Victoria.
Mr Ryan’s tirade makes him the first politician to openly accuse Mr Weston of being responsible for the taping of conversations between himself, former Premier Ted Baillieu’s chief of staff Tony Nutt, and state director of the Liberal Party, Damian Mantach.
WATCH VIDEO: Neil Mitchell and Deputy Premier Peter Ryan go head-to-head over the Tristan Weston secret tape affair:
Mr Ryan flatly denied Mr Weston’s taped assertions that the Police Minister had lied about his involvement in the departure of former Victoria Police Commissioner Simon Overland, counter-attacking his former advisor’s reliability.
"We've got three guys sitting in a room in a conversation, a consensual conversation apparently to do with Mr Weston's future," Mr Ryan said on the Neil Mitchell program.
"Two of the contributors do not know that they are being taped.
"The third knows full well, because he's doing the taping, and in the course of the taping, he utters those words.
"If I may throw back to my legal career, if ever you saw a self-serving, apologist, half-baked commentary from a bloke who I would think, independently looking at this as much as I can be, set it so that he would be able to say those words into that tape which he was then making.
"I mean spare me, absolutely spare me. He (Tristian Weston) is doing the recording, Neil Mitchell. He's the one who set the whole thing up.
"He (Tristan Weston) is the one who taped this private conversation and did not tell these other two guys, and he feeds into that tape that verbiage and you're trying to tell me that's got some element of credibility about it?"
Neil Mitchell said he was astounded to hear from Peter Ryan that he was not aware of the job offers made to Tristan Weston for taking the fall in the OPI affair, the Deputy Premier he needs media advice on the issue.
"I'm just amazed that when it was stated in July 13 last year that this had happened, you or Ted Baillieu didn't bother to ask anybody about it," Neil Mitchell said.
"And particularly you because it's your advisor, the bloke, (who) has allegedly been hung out to dry, being offered deals from the Liberal Party."
At the end of the day Overland was gone. Surely a positive outcome! The current man is better than the last two put together. All else is political foolishnessNorman McLennan Tuesday 12 March, 2013 - 10:33 PM
Istrongly believe politics in Victoria and austrlia is moving to the gutters with all the lies and counter lies in the name of power and egosjohn celmanski Monday 11 March, 2013 - 1:51 AM
Typical ryan dirty as hell he will not be on westons christmas card list go for it neil dont hold back do it for all victoriansbarry Friday 8 March, 2013 - 7:21 PM
Bye bye Peter....Gazza Friday 8 March, 2013 - 4:47 PM
Some conversations are meant to be private I don't blame Ryan for spitting the dummy, and talking of blowhards who could be worse than Rob Hulls or John look at me Brumby when those two shifty morons were in government>..Steve Friday 8 March, 2013 - 2:20 PM
Clearly Mr Ryan does not like people who tape record conversations. It appears this is because he does not like the truth coming out. Mr Ryan you may be genuinely fooling yourself with your smart talk and spin but the public can see what is going on very clearly.Patrick Boyle Friday 8 March, 2013 - 1:07 PM