- Child attacked by stranger in park
- Teenage pregnancy declining
- Teenage pregnancy declining
- Officers face misconduct hearing
- Offensive graffiti to be removed
- AFLPA fires back at ASADA
- 'I hope I never have to do it again'
- Why your digital TV cuts out
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- jgl Melb on 'Street culture mixed with Islamism' Why?you ask;Because that thing between the ears that allows the overwhelming majority of us to function normally and more ... more
- Christine on 'Street culture mixed with Islamism' Christ, everytime I turn on the TV it's Muslim this, Muslim that. What are they, the centre of the Universe? I don't think ... more
- Peggy on The angry and the bizarre: Radio ... Smells of corruption.What is even more strange is that Reeva's parents are satisfied with the sentence. Which parent would ... more
- King of Footscray on Paid parking approved for Yarraville Only fair and reasonable in my view, especially considering the reliance of paid parking revenue is currently heaped solely ... more
- Mik on Paid parking approved for Yarraville Its about time councils understand that they work for us, not the other way around. I dont actually think that council can ... more
- cChris watts on Paid parking approved for Yarraville why not get rid of all councils and just install an adminastratoerr..saves us all a small fortune more
- greg scott on Paid parking approved for Yarraville Madness.We do not need this 3rd level of government. more
- Peggy on Paid parking approved for Yarraville It's all about revenue raising so they have more money to give themselves payrises and nice trips around the world.Councils ... more
- Ursula Fajerman on 250 animals face death in bank action Wonderful news about the sanctuary. Thank you to the buyers and 3aw. This is the feel good news people need to wake up to. I ... more
- Catherine on Abbott not a 'mainstream world ... Who cares what the Russians says or believed they are morons like there leader and here in Australia they believe a ... more
- Stephen on 'It's a long rant. It's not banter' Oh lets not spend too much time on this he's an educated professor. Lets concentrate on removing Black from Baa Baa Black ... more
- Yank on Abbott not a 'mainstream world ... You should be proud to have a leader with guts. At least Abott's gotta pair we in the US are stuck with Mom Jeans as a ... more
- Andrea on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' I bought a puppy from Greg and when it started growing I too doubted the breed of my puppy was what I had purchased. So, I ... more
- Brenda Mentz on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' I have owned five miniature poodles and have no doubt this dog is part poodle. But the breed standard for miniature poodles ... more
- Lucy Richards on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' What utter crap this pet shop owner is talking, this dog would have come from a puppy farm. They work as he said on the ... more
- Colin Lacivita on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' How can you expect a dog not to grow and remain small. It's impossible. more
- Fran & Romeo on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' I think that was a poorly conducted interview if you invite people to speak on your show don't try to ridicule them I didn't ... more
- Toby Bushby on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' Looks like a Cavoodle to me, with dominant Poodle genes. They can be very small, or grow to larger than this pup is. Ally ... more
- Mandi on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' Get over it and look after the dog it deserves a good life omg humans! more
- Peggy on Police probe school chook killing What is this need to decapitate anything with some people?I guess it might be training for future "tourists" to the middle ... more
Peter Ryan's ferocious attack on former advisor Tristan Weston
Deputy Premier Peter Ryan has made his first public, blistering attack on his former advisor Tristan Weston, tearing into his credibility over the secret tape affair on the Neil Mitchell program.
Tensions were running high between the Police Minister and Neil Mitchell, in a knock-down, drag-out battle over the issue which this week lead to the departure of Ted Baillieu as Premier of Victoria.
Mr Ryan’s tirade makes him the first politician to openly accuse Mr Weston of being responsible for the taping of conversations between himself, former Premier Ted Baillieu’s chief of staff Tony Nutt, and state director of the Liberal Party, Damian Mantach.
WATCH VIDEO: Neil Mitchell and Deputy Premier Peter Ryan go head-to-head over the Tristan Weston secret tape affair:
Mr Ryan flatly denied Mr Weston’s taped assertions that the Police Minister had lied about his involvement in the departure of former Victoria Police Commissioner Simon Overland, counter-attacking his former advisor’s reliability.
"We've got three guys sitting in a room in a conversation, a consensual conversation apparently to do with Mr Weston's future," Mr Ryan said on the Neil Mitchell program.
"Two of the contributors do not know that they are being taped.
"The third knows full well, because he's doing the taping, and in the course of the taping, he utters those words.
"If I may throw back to my legal career, if ever you saw a self-serving, apologist, half-baked commentary from a bloke who I would think, independently looking at this as much as I can be, set it so that he would be able to say those words into that tape which he was then making.
"I mean spare me, absolutely spare me. He (Tristian Weston) is doing the recording, Neil Mitchell. He's the one who set the whole thing up.
"He (Tristan Weston) is the one who taped this private conversation and did not tell these other two guys, and he feeds into that tape that verbiage and you're trying to tell me that's got some element of credibility about it?"
Neil Mitchell said he was astounded to hear from Peter Ryan that he was not aware of the job offers made to Tristan Weston for taking the fall in the OPI affair, the Deputy Premier he needs media advice on the issue.
"I'm just amazed that when it was stated in July 13 last year that this had happened, you or Ted Baillieu didn't bother to ask anybody about it," Neil Mitchell said.
"And particularly you because it's your advisor, the bloke, (who) has allegedly been hung out to dry, being offered deals from the Liberal Party."
At the end of the day Overland was gone. Surely a positive outcome! The current man is better than the last two put together. All else is political foolishnessNorman McLennan Tuesday 12 March, 2013 - 10:33 PM
Istrongly believe politics in Victoria and austrlia is moving to the gutters with all the lies and counter lies in the name of power and egosjohn celmanski Monday 11 March, 2013 - 1:51 AM
Typical ryan dirty as hell he will not be on westons christmas card list go for it neil dont hold back do it for all victoriansbarry Friday 8 March, 2013 - 7:21 PM
Bye bye Peter....Gazza Friday 8 March, 2013 - 4:47 PM
Some conversations are meant to be private I don't blame Ryan for spitting the dummy, and talking of blowhards who could be worse than Rob Hulls or John look at me Brumby when those two shifty morons were in government>..Steve Friday 8 March, 2013 - 2:20 PM
Clearly Mr Ryan does not like people who tape record conversations. It appears this is because he does not like the truth coming out. Mr Ryan you may be genuinely fooling yourself with your smart talk and spin but the public can see what is going on very clearly.Patrick Boyle Friday 8 March, 2013 - 1:07 PM