- Hird has made correct call: Former legal advisor
- 'No one in the system gets justice'
- Niqab is not a 'symbol of evil'
- Toilet-cleaning ban in CBD offices
- 'An unsettled China is unsettling for Australia'
- David Davis denies Greg Sassella dispute
- Plan B: 'We have no choice'
- The Leaning Tower of Stupidity
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Michelle on Toilet-cleaning ban in CBD offices Alas, I remember the day when our lovely cleaning ladies, wiped the desks weekly, cleaned the bathrooms properly, spot ... more
- Sarah M on 'An unsettled China is unsettling for ... Part of me is smiling and part of me is crying. The innocence of a child in stark contrast to the corruption of a country. ... more
- Gazza on Toilet-cleaning ban in CBD offices @debsWell why are people on the so called minimum wage not lining up to be cleaners?.because $24 ph is insulting for a ... more
- Karen on Toilet-cleaning ban in CBD offices Let's see = $24 an hour x 4hrs x 5 days = $479, ooops! my maths is not too good.I work 8 hours a day and get slightly less ... more
- LNoolan on 'An unsettled China is unsettling for ... Naaaa! Lazy bludgers are taking the square in Hong Kong just as they do here. Nasty contagious diease can only bring nasty ... more
- David R on Toilet-cleaning ban in CBD offices Thats close to the minimum wage factoring in casual rates and night shift loading. more
- michael on Toilet-cleaning ban in CBD offices Even toilets! What's next?The sewer system? Why not!Maybe then we will send the tourists to have a trip to the red dirt for ... more
- Julie Loncar. on 'An unsettled China is unsettling for ... This little girl sings a powerful message, not only for China, but for all of the world.The message is about people power. more
- binary-zero on Niqab is not a 'symbol of evil' As I muslim, I've repeatdely said this that Niqaab is not an Islamic thing - It's a cultural thing from Arab/Afghanistan ... more
- John Duff on 'An unsettled China is unsettling for ... Why don't we leave it to the Children like that to be the world leaders. us adults aren't doing a very good job more
- Debs on Toilet-cleaning ban in CBD offices $24 per hour??? That's not a bad rate. That's more than the minimum wage. I'm sure there are a lot of people working out ... more
- Linda Pettit on 'An unsettled China is unsettling for ... Lets hope that this songbird reaches the masses and that there is a peaceful acknowledgement that some things in China need ... more
- Edward on 'An unsettled China is unsettling for ... Well done as it doesn't hurt to let people know how others feel in these times more
- judy wilson on 'An unsettled China is unsettling for ... just beautiful more
- mylene on 'An unsettled China is unsettling for ... Tony Abbott hasn't mentioned Hong Kong yet. It's obviously not a very important story. :p more
- poppitt on Plan B: 'We have no choice' If you have debt you pay interest. The more debt the more interest. Why is it people do not want to pay the debt? Do they ... more
- Lukew on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... The attack on that poor Muslim woman was appalling and would be roundly detested by most people. However, the Moreland ... more
- brendon on 'Something needs to be done about this' total moron !!!!! more
- Frances on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... HOW ON EARTH WAS SOMEONE LIKE SUE BOLTON EVEN ELECTED INTO BECOMING COUNCILLOR??? MAKING MASSIVE ACCUSATIONS OF PEOPLE ... more
- PJ on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... Four things need to happen to solve the problem:1.The continued expansion and growing influence of ISIS/ISIL needs to be ... more
Peter Ryan's ferocious attack on former advisor Tristan Weston
Deputy Premier Peter Ryan has made his first public, blistering attack on his former advisor Tristan Weston, tearing into his credibility over the secret tape affair on the Neil Mitchell program.
Tensions were running high between the Police Minister and Neil Mitchell, in a knock-down, drag-out battle over the issue which this week lead to the departure of Ted Baillieu as Premier of Victoria.
Mr Ryan’s tirade makes him the first politician to openly accuse Mr Weston of being responsible for the taping of conversations between himself, former Premier Ted Baillieu’s chief of staff Tony Nutt, and state director of the Liberal Party, Damian Mantach.
WATCH VIDEO: Neil Mitchell and Deputy Premier Peter Ryan go head-to-head over the Tristan Weston secret tape affair:
Mr Ryan flatly denied Mr Weston’s taped assertions that the Police Minister had lied about his involvement in the departure of former Victoria Police Commissioner Simon Overland, counter-attacking his former advisor’s reliability.
"We've got three guys sitting in a room in a conversation, a consensual conversation apparently to do with Mr Weston's future," Mr Ryan said on the Neil Mitchell program.
"Two of the contributors do not know that they are being taped.
"The third knows full well, because he's doing the taping, and in the course of the taping, he utters those words.
"If I may throw back to my legal career, if ever you saw a self-serving, apologist, half-baked commentary from a bloke who I would think, independently looking at this as much as I can be, set it so that he would be able to say those words into that tape which he was then making.
"I mean spare me, absolutely spare me. He (Tristian Weston) is doing the recording, Neil Mitchell. He's the one who set the whole thing up.
"He (Tristan Weston) is the one who taped this private conversation and did not tell these other two guys, and he feeds into that tape that verbiage and you're trying to tell me that's got some element of credibility about it?"
Neil Mitchell said he was astounded to hear from Peter Ryan that he was not aware of the job offers made to Tristan Weston for taking the fall in the OPI affair, the Deputy Premier he needs media advice on the issue.
"I'm just amazed that when it was stated in July 13 last year that this had happened, you or Ted Baillieu didn't bother to ask anybody about it," Neil Mitchell said.
"And particularly you because it's your advisor, the bloke, (who) has allegedly been hung out to dry, being offered deals from the Liberal Party."
At the end of the day Overland was gone. Surely a positive outcome! The current man is better than the last two put together. All else is political foolishnessNorman McLennan Tuesday 12 March, 2013 - 10:33 PM
Istrongly believe politics in Victoria and austrlia is moving to the gutters with all the lies and counter lies in the name of power and egosjohn celmanski Monday 11 March, 2013 - 1:51 AM
Typical ryan dirty as hell he will not be on westons christmas card list go for it neil dont hold back do it for all victoriansbarry Friday 8 March, 2013 - 7:21 PM
Bye bye Peter....Gazza Friday 8 March, 2013 - 4:47 PM
Some conversations are meant to be private I don't blame Ryan for spitting the dummy, and talking of blowhards who could be worse than Rob Hulls or John look at me Brumby when those two shifty morons were in government>..Steve Friday 8 March, 2013 - 2:20 PM
Clearly Mr Ryan does not like people who tape record conversations. It appears this is because he does not like the truth coming out. Mr Ryan you may be genuinely fooling yourself with your smart talk and spin but the public can see what is going on very clearly.Patrick Boyle Friday 8 March, 2013 - 1:07 PM