- Murdered Moonee Ponds man's possible link to Transfield
- Punting heartbreak: Family 'loses' $400k
- Smart Meter installer unleashes tirade
- Mum tells of Black Rock 'bike rage' horror
- Fuel discount ban will save prices
- Gay couple marry despite expected challenge
- Qantas ads 'political spin'
- Christmas cheer for young Rhyan
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Peter Jeffries on Mum tells of Black Rock 'bike rage' ... So registering bicycles will prevent road rage too? If we start registering bikes now, no child will be living in poverty by ... more
- Visionary on Mum tells of Black Rock 'bike rage' ... This stupid woman should of been charged with dangerous driving for doing an illegal u turn and nearly killing the cyclist. more
- richard on Mum tells of Black Rock 'bike rage' ... Rachel Wilson should have been aware not to do an unsafe U-turn and, the cyclist should have blasted her but didn't need to ... more
- Mark on Mum tells of Black Rock 'bike rage' ... Cyclists and drivers alike ignore red lights on both pedestrian crossings in Black Rock - the sooner we get registration for ... more
- Lisa on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl Horrified to hear, at 3:17 today, "Drive's" commentator say that "Australia doesn't support 'premeditated' violence against ... more
- andrew on Mum tells of Black Rock 'bike rage' ... She almost ran him over which could have killed him. No one should be punched, but why isn't the driver being ... more
- Lee on Ticket inspector body-slams teen girl Why are people defending a violent fare evader? I don't care how old someone is or what gender they are. If you respond ... more
- Nick on Mum tells of Black Rock 'bike rage' ... Some idiot does a (probably) illegal U-turn almost killing someone in the process and then gets upset when they go berserk. ... more
- Peter Hollister on Smart Meter installer unleashes tirade Neil you should be ashamed airing this rubbish.Did 3AW actually check the story before airing. Darren you seem to be lying ... more
- Dee on Mum tells of Black Rock 'bike rage' ... I'm tired of people saying 'this has nothing to do with cyclists' etc. The fact that cyclists are unregistered and ... more
- PJ on Mum tells of Black Rock 'bike rage' ... NAZI Cyclists are totally out of control along Beach Road.I was about to organise my friends parents out of the car, pathway ... more
- Troy on Smart Meter installer unleashes tirade i think youll find this smart meter guy was on Darrens property, unannounced. He has every right to ask him what he is doing ... more
- Victoria on Smart Meter installer unleashes tirade This is unacceptable these power companies need to be held accountable, where is our Democracy? people being bullied and ... more
- Cheryl on Smart Meter installer unleashes tirade You nosey little fool Darren. No doubt this installer was on his neighbours property and you were interferring with his ... more
- Lukew on Mum tells of Black Rock 'bike rage' ... This has nothing to do with bikes or cyclists, this is to do with some moron with anger management issues, acting in a ... more
- james on Mum tells of Black Rock 'bike rage' ... Cyclists regularly disobey red lights, turning signals and when it suits them are more then happy to ride on the footpath. I ... more
- A Falkingham on Mum tells of Black Rock 'bike rage' ... Licence these idiots and register their bicycles NOW more
- Steve on Smart Meter installer unleashes tirade Darren was lucky not be decked by the half smart installer>. more
- Steve on Mum tells of Black Rock 'bike rage' ... It's up to the state government to make bike rego compulsory nothing to do with who leads the country, but some dim wits ... more
- Warren on Mum tells of Black Rock 'bike rage' ... It's a shame that there is no footage from the cyclists perspective, he probably was nearly killed. Sounds like she did an ... more
Peter Ryan's ferocious attack on former advisor Tristan Weston
Deputy Premier Peter Ryan has made his first public, blistering attack on his former advisor Tristan Weston, tearing into his credibility over the secret tape affair on the Neil Mitchell program.
Tensions were running high between the Police Minister and Neil Mitchell, in a knock-down, drag-out battle over the issue which this week lead to the departure of Ted Baillieu as Premier of Victoria.
Mr Ryan’s tirade makes him the first politician to openly accuse Mr Weston of being responsible for the taping of conversations between himself, former Premier Ted Baillieu’s chief of staff Tony Nutt, and state director of the Liberal Party, Damian Mantach.
WATCH VIDEO: Neil Mitchell and Deputy Premier Peter Ryan go head-to-head over the Tristan Weston secret tape affair:
Mr Ryan flatly denied Mr Weston’s taped assertions that the Police Minister had lied about his involvement in the departure of former Victoria Police Commissioner Simon Overland, counter-attacking his former advisor’s reliability.
"We've got three guys sitting in a room in a conversation, a consensual conversation apparently to do with Mr Weston's future," Mr Ryan said on the Neil Mitchell program.
"Two of the contributors do not know that they are being taped.
"The third knows full well, because he's doing the taping, and in the course of the taping, he utters those words.
"If I may throw back to my legal career, if ever you saw a self-serving, apologist, half-baked commentary from a bloke who I would think, independently looking at this as much as I can be, set it so that he would be able to say those words into that tape which he was then making.
"I mean spare me, absolutely spare me. He (Tristian Weston) is doing the recording, Neil Mitchell. He's the one who set the whole thing up.
"He (Tristan Weston) is the one who taped this private conversation and did not tell these other two guys, and he feeds into that tape that verbiage and you're trying to tell me that's got some element of credibility about it?"
Neil Mitchell said he was astounded to hear from Peter Ryan that he was not aware of the job offers made to Tristan Weston for taking the fall in the OPI affair, the Deputy Premier he needs media advice on the issue.
"I'm just amazed that when it was stated in July 13 last year that this had happened, you or Ted Baillieu didn't bother to ask anybody about it," Neil Mitchell said.
"And particularly you because it's your advisor, the bloke, (who) has allegedly been hung out to dry, being offered deals from the Liberal Party."
At the end of the day Overland was gone. Surely a positive outcome! The current man is better than the last two put together. All else is political foolishnessNorman McLennan Tuesday 12 March, 2013 - 10:33 PM
Istrongly believe politics in Victoria and austrlia is moving to the gutters with all the lies and counter lies in the name of power and egosjohn celmanski Monday 11 March, 2013 - 1:51 AM
Typical ryan dirty as hell he will not be on westons christmas card list go for it neil dont hold back do it for all victoriansbarry Friday 8 March, 2013 - 7:21 PM
Bye bye Peter....Gazza Friday 8 March, 2013 - 4:47 PM
Some conversations are meant to be private I don't blame Ryan for spitting the dummy, and talking of blowhards who could be worse than Rob Hulls or John look at me Brumby when those two shifty morons were in government>..Steve Friday 8 March, 2013 - 2:20 PM
Clearly Mr Ryan does not like people who tape record conversations. It appears this is because he does not like the truth coming out. Mr Ryan you may be genuinely fooling yourself with your smart talk and spin but the public can see what is going on very clearly.Patrick Boyle Friday 8 March, 2013 - 1:07 PM