- 'Blame the tradie, not contestants'
- Lambie: 'Strip Sharia supporters of welfare'
- Classic or crazy? Cazaly re-made
- Australia in for 'long haul' against ISIS
- George the Goldfish saved with surgery
- 'Players leave': Gillon gives it straight to Bombers caller
- Horrified children find pet dogs mauled in backyard
- 'Drugs war unwinnable, time to legalise'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Gazza on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... The yanks spend billions on the biggest and baddest weapons,time to use them all,now. more
- Steve on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... One of your most most stupid statements so far mylyene! more
- Jane on Lambie: 'Strip Sharia supporters of ... Well this is one thing i agree with. Tired of tip-toeing on this issue. There are not hundreds of Muslims that support ... more
- Linda on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... Christine Milne is as big a threat to our national security as groups like ISIS. Even the tiniest chink in our political ... more
- GIW on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... Yes Mylene, that is the aim of Islam to take over the world. As a caller on the Sunday Morning show yesterdays said, there ... more
- mylene on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... Don't worry in a couple of years we'll be trading with ISIS and the Taliban and anyone who mentions the war will be shouted ... more
- Jeff on 'Players leave': Gillon gives it ... As parents of young kids i cannot believe Essendon has put James Hird back in as coach, Hird should have nothing to do with ... more
- Stephen on 'Players leave': Gillon gives it ... Doesn't know a lot really does he! Including if the Bombers took anything illeagal!AFL Another Fool Leader. more
- Diane on 'Players leave': Gillon gives it ... How silly to have a coaches meeting when there are finals on and other coaches are having their reviews. more
- Jimbob on 'Players leave': Gillon gives it ... I wonder what the risk factor is for those other clubs attempting to poach essendong starts caught in this. If the worst ... more
- Mel on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... Our neighbours also have a fox terrier & it's one of the most aggressive & unsocialised dogs I have seen! Has prevented us ... more
- Wayne on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... to wendy who wrote "Perhaps the dogs that did the killings were Miniature Pit Bulls rather than Fox Terriers? Surely this ... more
- Sam Maglitto on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... I heard this report on the radio this afternoon and being a Dog Lover I was horrified to think there are other owners who ... more
- wendy on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... Perhaps the dogs that did the killings were Miniature Pit Bulls rather than Fox Terriers? Surely this would get peoples ... more
- Stephanie on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... Such a tragedy for all involved. more
- Robert on 'PM's popularity between asbestos and ... But when he opposes public transport, his ratings suffer. His being so good at opposing things, particularly public ... more
- jgl Melb on 'If Ashby is right, Pyne should quit' Christopher Pyne;Verbal gymnast extraordinaire...Putting it politely more
- Colin Lacivita on Phone scam targets grieving widow I always get emails promising me money. I don't care who they are I always send a email back warning that their contact ... more
- David R on Council backs down over fees Typical heartless unthinking council bureaucrats. And its not the Councillors its the people manning the front desk or the ... more
- mike on Labor's tough new stance against 'evil' So trafficking drugs away from a school is less illegal?And why drug busses? Target pubs/clubs! I hear more and more people ... more
Police clash with protesters at Geert Wilders speech
UPDATE: Noisy protestors have blockaded a venue at Somerton where anti-Islamic Dutch MP Geert Wilders addressed a group of supporters on Tuesday afternoon.
The protestors locked arms in front of the Mirage centre, blocking the entrance and pushing people over.
Mounted police have now moved and are dispersed the 40 protesters, allowing the speech to commence.
Images: Simon Love/3AW
EARLIER: Police are preparing for possible protests as anger surrounds the decision to let anti-Islamic Dutch MP Geert Wilders into Australia.
The Q Society, have defended their decision to fund the controversial figure’s speaking tour.
It is understood the venue, where Mr Wilders was booked to speak at tonight, had to be changed amid fears of trouble from protestors.
Q spokesperson Andrew Horwood told Neil Mitchell Australians need to start looking ahead to what might happen if Islam is allowed to expand.
“Do we want to have an Australia in ten years time where every public swimming pool we go to has a curtain and we are segregated on the basis on religion,” he said.
Mr Horwood said they had brought Mr Wilders to Australia to educate people on the dangers of Islam.
“In the core religion of Islam it actually tells them not to take criticism and if there is criticism they need to react violently,” he said.
@Zena, you can keep quoting the Quran until the cows come home but the fact is that many, many Muslims (and unfortunately some of those are in Australia) do not follow the words but are intent on Jihad and terrorism.GIW Tuesday 26 February, 2013 - 2:19 PM
The Holy Quran
"And when they hear Al-Laghw (dirty, false, evil vain talk), they withdraw from it and say: "To us our deeds, and to you your deeds. Peace be to you. We seek not the ignorant."zena Saturday 23 February, 2013 - 10:35 PM
For those who say Islam encourages violence against Non Muslims and required to be spread by the sword, read this verse from the Quran:
2:256. There is no compulsion of any sort in religion (as) the right way does stand obviously distinguished from the way of error. Now he that shall reject the transgressor and accepts AllÃ¢h (let such know that he) has laid hold of a support firm and strong which knows no breaking. AllÃ¢h is All-Hearing, All-Knowing.Zena Thursday 21 February, 2013 - 6:52 PM
A recent article "1 in 4 Swedish Women Will be Raped as Sexual Assaults Increase 500%", supports Wilders thesis. Between the years 2004-2012, Sweden's population increased from 9 million to 9.5 million, with immigration from Afghanistan, Iraq and Somalia, etc. At present 16 per cent of all new-born babies have mothers born in non-Western countries. Immigrant unemployment is 54 per cent.
Sweden's rape statistics rose from 9.24 per 100,000 in 2003, to 36.8 in 2005 to a staggering 53.2 in 2008, after South Africa the second highest in the world. Muslims are represented in around 77 per cent of rape cases. Stockholm, a city which is one-third immigrant and between a fifth and a quarter Muslim, has an average of 5 rapes a day.ZOOTS ALOR Thursday 21 February, 2013 - 12:20 PM
What has Palestine have to do with Geert Wilder speaking in Australia Why do the protestors speak against racism then have banners with Free Palestine it has nothing to do withh Geert wildershlomog Thursday 21 February, 2013 - 11:19 AM
This is a conversation which needs to be had.
As a European, I can tell you first hand there are problems in Europe. We shouldn't have to adapt to them, but they to us. But Islam doesn't allow that. It's that simple. Otherwise stay where you are.
Don't see many Christian churches being build in Saudi or Pakistan.
Naive leftist liberals.Philip charlton Thursday 21 February, 2013 - 2:53 AM