- Two-thirds want cannabis legalised
- Taxi register confusion clarified
- Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl'
- New party wants seats for cyclists
- Epic walk 'changed our lives'
- 'There’s mortars going off now in Donetsk'
- 'I don't trust them. Watch your bills'
- 'Show some backbone': Napthine's message to UN, Putin
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Mark on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' Where's penny Wong now , Brian Taylor got hung drawn and quartered for his poof comment and yet no penny Wong standing up in ... more
- Stephen on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' No you're not a typical Aussie Girl! You're a disgrace and it has nothing to do with your gender either! You are in public ... more
- poppitt on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' If any male pollie mentioned a part of a womans body he would be walked over hot coals. This type of 'talk' is not ... more
- Gazza on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' If all politicians behaved like normal aussies the world would be a better place. Unfortunately this will never happen as ... more
- Willow on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' Would like to know how the people of Tassy, who voted for her, feel now. more
- bushiepete on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' at least we know what we got with this pollie. shes not afraid to speak her mind ..unlike the rest of the fence sitters ... more
- Sinbad on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' Two weeks ago, Brian Taylor gets vilified and lambasted for a throw away insult you would hear numerous times in any ... more
- Judi Pickett on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' Jacqui Lambie stating she's just a normal Aussie Girl? Neil, you need a mini survey on her comments, as I'd say the public, ... more
- mylene on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' The Prime Minister's comments on women, homosexuals and Aborigines make her look like a beginner. Leave offensiveness to the ... more
- Mandi on 'There’s mortars going off now in ... I agree Mylene they have an extremely deranged veiw on this horrific tragedy which is making the situation so much more ... more
- Milton on Epic walk 'changed our lives' Well done guys! more
- mylene on 'There’s mortars going off now in ... Back in the trenches in WWI we all stopped fighting for Xmas dinner and even played a game of soccer with the hun. These ... more
- jgl Melb on 'I don't trust them. Watch your bills' Power companies are slowly overhauling politicians and journalists as the masters of verbal gymnastics more
- Daniel on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' And now you're contributing to the problem Neil. It's not the fact that he just said 'something wrong' it's his mentality. ... more
- Eleanor Steel on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' Get rid of Taylor 3aw doesn't need an idiot big mouth like him!908DPC more
- Richie on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' Hearing Taylor lose his cool tonight on Sports Today when questioned about why some people don't see the apology as being ... more
- Delboy on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' The guy is living in the 80's. You can tell that by the mo. Lost me. more
- bc on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' brian taylor 2m words BIG MOUTH more
- poppitt on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' On 3aw last week you had 'like a girl' I was so pleased, I thought people are realising what they say has meaning. Now this ... more
- Stephen on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' Yet again political correctness gone mad!! Where does it stop I'm short for example as many are can we start demanding what ... more
Police clash with protesters at Geert Wilders speech
UPDATE: Noisy protestors have blockaded a venue at Somerton where anti-Islamic Dutch MP Geert Wilders addressed a group of supporters on Tuesday afternoon.
The protestors locked arms in front of the Mirage centre, blocking the entrance and pushing people over.
Mounted police have now moved and are dispersed the 40 protesters, allowing the speech to commence.
Images: Simon Love/3AW
EARLIER: Police are preparing for possible protests as anger surrounds the decision to let anti-Islamic Dutch MP Geert Wilders into Australia.
The Q Society, have defended their decision to fund the controversial figure’s speaking tour.
It is understood the venue, where Mr Wilders was booked to speak at tonight, had to be changed amid fears of trouble from protestors.
Q spokesperson Andrew Horwood told Neil Mitchell Australians need to start looking ahead to what might happen if Islam is allowed to expand.
“Do we want to have an Australia in ten years time where every public swimming pool we go to has a curtain and we are segregated on the basis on religion,” he said.
Mr Horwood said they had brought Mr Wilders to Australia to educate people on the dangers of Islam.
“In the core religion of Islam it actually tells them not to take criticism and if there is criticism they need to react violently,” he said.
@Zena, you can keep quoting the Quran until the cows come home but the fact is that many, many Muslims (and unfortunately some of those are in Australia) do not follow the words but are intent on Jihad and terrorism.GIW Tuesday 26 February, 2013 - 2:19 PM
The Holy Quran
"And when they hear Al-Laghw (dirty, false, evil vain talk), they withdraw from it and say: "To us our deeds, and to you your deeds. Peace be to you. We seek not the ignorant."zena Saturday 23 February, 2013 - 10:35 PM
For those who say Islam encourages violence against Non Muslims and required to be spread by the sword, read this verse from the Quran:
2:256. There is no compulsion of any sort in religion (as) the right way does stand obviously distinguished from the way of error. Now he that shall reject the transgressor and accepts AllÃ¢h (let such know that he) has laid hold of a support firm and strong which knows no breaking. AllÃ¢h is All-Hearing, All-Knowing.Zena Thursday 21 February, 2013 - 6:52 PM
A recent article "1 in 4 Swedish Women Will be Raped as Sexual Assaults Increase 500%", supports Wilders thesis. Between the years 2004-2012, Sweden's population increased from 9 million to 9.5 million, with immigration from Afghanistan, Iraq and Somalia, etc. At present 16 per cent of all new-born babies have mothers born in non-Western countries. Immigrant unemployment is 54 per cent.
Sweden's rape statistics rose from 9.24 per 100,000 in 2003, to 36.8 in 2005 to a staggering 53.2 in 2008, after South Africa the second highest in the world. Muslims are represented in around 77 per cent of rape cases. Stockholm, a city which is one-third immigrant and between a fifth and a quarter Muslim, has an average of 5 rapes a day.ZOOTS ALOR Thursday 21 February, 2013 - 12:20 PM
What has Palestine have to do with Geert Wilder speaking in Australia Why do the protestors speak against racism then have banners with Free Palestine it has nothing to do withh Geert wildershlomog Thursday 21 February, 2013 - 11:19 AM
This is a conversation which needs to be had.
As a European, I can tell you first hand there are problems in Europe. We shouldn't have to adapt to them, but they to us. But Islam doesn't allow that. It's that simple. Otherwise stay where you are.
Don't see many Christian churches being build in Saudi or Pakistan.
Naive leftist liberals.Philip charlton Thursday 21 February, 2013 - 2:53 AM