- Child attacked by stranger in park
- Teenage pregnancy declining
- Teenage pregnancy declining
- Officers face misconduct hearing
- Offensive graffiti to be removed
- AFLPA fires back at ASADA
- 'I hope I never have to do it again'
- Why your digital TV cuts out
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- jgl Melb on 'Street culture mixed with Islamism' Why?you ask;Because that thing between the ears that allows the overwhelming majority of us to function normally and more ... more
- Christine on 'Street culture mixed with Islamism' Christ, everytime I turn on the TV it's Muslim this, Muslim that. What are they, the centre of the Universe? I don't think ... more
- Peggy on The angry and the bizarre: Radio ... Smells of corruption.What is even more strange is that Reeva's parents are satisfied with the sentence. Which parent would ... more
- King of Footscray on Paid parking approved for Yarraville Only fair and reasonable in my view, especially considering the reliance of paid parking revenue is currently heaped solely ... more
- Mik on Paid parking approved for Yarraville Its about time councils understand that they work for us, not the other way around. I dont actually think that council can ... more
- cChris watts on Paid parking approved for Yarraville why not get rid of all councils and just install an adminastratoerr..saves us all a small fortune more
- greg scott on Paid parking approved for Yarraville Madness.We do not need this 3rd level of government. more
- Peggy on Paid parking approved for Yarraville It's all about revenue raising so they have more money to give themselves payrises and nice trips around the world.Councils ... more
- Ursula Fajerman on 250 animals face death in bank action Wonderful news about the sanctuary. Thank you to the buyers and 3aw. This is the feel good news people need to wake up to. I ... more
- Catherine on Abbott not a 'mainstream world ... Who cares what the Russians says or believed they are morons like there leader and here in Australia they believe a ... more
- Stephen on 'It's a long rant. It's not banter' Oh lets not spend too much time on this he's an educated professor. Lets concentrate on removing Black from Baa Baa Black ... more
- Yank on Abbott not a 'mainstream world ... You should be proud to have a leader with guts. At least Abott's gotta pair we in the US are stuck with Mom Jeans as a ... more
- Andrea on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' I bought a puppy from Greg and when it started growing I too doubted the breed of my puppy was what I had purchased. So, I ... more
- Brenda Mentz on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' I have owned five miniature poodles and have no doubt this dog is part poodle. But the breed standard for miniature poodles ... more
- Lucy Richards on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' What utter crap this pet shop owner is talking, this dog would have come from a puppy farm. They work as he said on the ... more
- Colin Lacivita on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' How can you expect a dog not to grow and remain small. It's impossible. more
- Fran & Romeo on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' I think that was a poorly conducted interview if you invite people to speak on your show don't try to ridicule them I didn't ... more
- Toby Bushby on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' Looks like a Cavoodle to me, with dominant Poodle genes. They can be very small, or grow to larger than this pup is. Ally ... more
- Mandi on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' Get over it and look after the dog it deserves a good life omg humans! more
- Peggy on Police probe school chook killing What is this need to decapitate anything with some people?I guess it might be training for future "tourists" to the middle ... more
Police clash with protesters at Geert Wilders speech
UPDATE: Noisy protestors have blockaded a venue at Somerton where anti-Islamic Dutch MP Geert Wilders addressed a group of supporters on Tuesday afternoon.
The protestors locked arms in front of the Mirage centre, blocking the entrance and pushing people over.
Mounted police have now moved and are dispersed the 40 protesters, allowing the speech to commence.
Images: Simon Love/3AW
EARLIER: Police are preparing for possible protests as anger surrounds the decision to let anti-Islamic Dutch MP Geert Wilders into Australia.
The Q Society, have defended their decision to fund the controversial figure’s speaking tour.
It is understood the venue, where Mr Wilders was booked to speak at tonight, had to be changed amid fears of trouble from protestors.
Q spokesperson Andrew Horwood told Neil Mitchell Australians need to start looking ahead to what might happen if Islam is allowed to expand.
“Do we want to have an Australia in ten years time where every public swimming pool we go to has a curtain and we are segregated on the basis on religion,” he said.
Mr Horwood said they had brought Mr Wilders to Australia to educate people on the dangers of Islam.
“In the core religion of Islam it actually tells them not to take criticism and if there is criticism they need to react violently,” he said.
@Zena, you can keep quoting the Quran until the cows come home but the fact is that many, many Muslims (and unfortunately some of those are in Australia) do not follow the words but are intent on Jihad and terrorism.GIW Tuesday 26 February, 2013 - 2:19 PM
The Holy Quran
"And when they hear Al-Laghw (dirty, false, evil vain talk), they withdraw from it and say: "To us our deeds, and to you your deeds. Peace be to you. We seek not the ignorant."zena Saturday 23 February, 2013 - 10:35 PM
For those who say Islam encourages violence against Non Muslims and required to be spread by the sword, read this verse from the Quran:
2:256. There is no compulsion of any sort in religion (as) the right way does stand obviously distinguished from the way of error. Now he that shall reject the transgressor and accepts AllÃ¢h (let such know that he) has laid hold of a support firm and strong which knows no breaking. AllÃ¢h is All-Hearing, All-Knowing.Zena Thursday 21 February, 2013 - 6:52 PM
A recent article "1 in 4 Swedish Women Will be Raped as Sexual Assaults Increase 500%", supports Wilders thesis. Between the years 2004-2012, Sweden's population increased from 9 million to 9.5 million, with immigration from Afghanistan, Iraq and Somalia, etc. At present 16 per cent of all new-born babies have mothers born in non-Western countries. Immigrant unemployment is 54 per cent.
Sweden's rape statistics rose from 9.24 per 100,000 in 2003, to 36.8 in 2005 to a staggering 53.2 in 2008, after South Africa the second highest in the world. Muslims are represented in around 77 per cent of rape cases. Stockholm, a city which is one-third immigrant and between a fifth and a quarter Muslim, has an average of 5 rapes a day.ZOOTS ALOR Thursday 21 February, 2013 - 12:20 PM
What has Palestine have to do with Geert Wilder speaking in Australia Why do the protestors speak against racism then have banners with Free Palestine it has nothing to do withh Geert wildershlomog Thursday 21 February, 2013 - 11:19 AM
This is a conversation which needs to be had.
As a European, I can tell you first hand there are problems in Europe. We shouldn't have to adapt to them, but they to us. But Islam doesn't allow that. It's that simple. Otherwise stay where you are.
Don't see many Christian churches being build in Saudi or Pakistan.
Naive leftist liberals.Philip charlton Thursday 21 February, 2013 - 2:53 AM