- Pensioners petition over tough budget
- 'The most effective terrorists yet'
- Telstra faces court over late fees
- 'The figures say it all'
- Biological parents acknowledged in surrogacy law changes
- Julie Bishop to contact Chinese embassy over Palmer comments
- Son given bravery award after saving mother's life
- 'It's not just risk-taking, it's life-threatening'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- David THomas on 'The figures say it all' Statistical evidence mounts that the police often do not recruit the sharpest pencils in the box. Seriously. Turn the ... more
- John on 'The figures say it all' This is not about fairness, it is about deflecting responsibility. The camera system should conform to vehicles operating ... more
- Paul on 'The figures say it all' Have a look at the front of any modern bike and you will quickly see why it is not possible to put a front plate on. There ... more
- CHRIS WATTS on 'The figures say it all' i just cannot believe that a simple e tag cannot be stuck on the front of the bike...its so simple, surely... more
- Samuel J on 'The figures say it all' Motor cycles should have front and rear number plates. The notion that front number plates dissect pedestrians is complete ... more
- Mark on 'The figures say it all' All a bit of a joke, here in Europe, bikes get a much larger rear plate... more than double the size. Aussies often hide the ... more
- Richard on 'The figures say it all' If its such a problem why are the Penisula Link cameras facing the front? The fault is in the camera system. more
- Tom Bysen on 'The figures say it all' Why not ban bikes altogether? We can all sit jammed on the freeway, in our 2tonne suv's being safe. more
- John Karmouche on 'The figures say it all' Everyone is barking up the wrong tree. Its not about putting a number plate on a motorcycle- that's the cover story the ... more
- Lukew on 'The figures say it all' Commissioner Gordon Lewis can huff and puff all he likes but this is about the money. Never mind the doubt, why would we ... more
- poppitt on 'The figures say it all' Against the law to ride a bike that does have number plates back and front. Fine them $500 for each plate that is not ... more
- Time for a career change Neil on 'The figures say it all' Gee, it must be almost the 3rd week of the month. Time for Neil to roll out the anti motorcycle vitriol again. The same ... more
- Otto on 'The figures say it all' Anything to justify the cash cows, how many of these thousands of lethal speeding motorcycles actually result in a fatality ... more
- Gazza on Top cop concerned over pokies gang Multiculturalism at its finest more
- dom on Spot the 'ghost'? Sorry the line for popcorn was long... more
- Rory on Spot the 'ghost'? Why do ghosts always have clothes on? I wonder if a tradie has to wear Hi-Viz if they get a ghost. more
- charles on Spot the 'ghost'? I see an elderly lady old white shirt, black hair, pale skin sitting at the top of staircase, peering to the right as if ... more
- Rhees on Spot the 'ghost'? I can see through the railings.Enlarge picture and take a close look, definitely something there.One place i worked at ... more
- Anne of Dallas on Spot the 'ghost'? Well.. I cant see the ghost.. but I did learn something fabulous from one of the readers in comment! "Enlarge for a better ... more
- Joanne on Spot the 'ghost'? Enlarge for a better look. To enlarge the photo if using a computer: press control and the plus button at the same time more
Police clash with protesters at Geert Wilders speech
UPDATE: Noisy protestors have blockaded a venue at Somerton where anti-Islamic Dutch MP Geert Wilders addressed a group of supporters on Tuesday afternoon.
The protestors locked arms in front of the Mirage centre, blocking the entrance and pushing people over.
Mounted police have now moved and are dispersed the 40 protesters, allowing the speech to commence.
Images: Simon Love/3AW
EARLIER: Police are preparing for possible protests as anger surrounds the decision to let anti-Islamic Dutch MP Geert Wilders into Australia.
The Q Society, have defended their decision to fund the controversial figure’s speaking tour.
It is understood the venue, where Mr Wilders was booked to speak at tonight, had to be changed amid fears of trouble from protestors.
Q spokesperson Andrew Horwood told Neil Mitchell Australians need to start looking ahead to what might happen if Islam is allowed to expand.
“Do we want to have an Australia in ten years time where every public swimming pool we go to has a curtain and we are segregated on the basis on religion,” he said.
Mr Horwood said they had brought Mr Wilders to Australia to educate people on the dangers of Islam.
“In the core religion of Islam it actually tells them not to take criticism and if there is criticism they need to react violently,” he said.
@Zena, you can keep quoting the Quran until the cows come home but the fact is that many, many Muslims (and unfortunately some of those are in Australia) do not follow the words but are intent on Jihad and terrorism.GIW Tuesday 26 February, 2013 - 2:19 PM
The Holy Quran
"And when they hear Al-Laghw (dirty, false, evil vain talk), they withdraw from it and say: "To us our deeds, and to you your deeds. Peace be to you. We seek not the ignorant."zena Saturday 23 February, 2013 - 10:35 PM
For those who say Islam encourages violence against Non Muslims and required to be spread by the sword, read this verse from the Quran:
2:256. There is no compulsion of any sort in religion (as) the right way does stand obviously distinguished from the way of error. Now he that shall reject the transgressor and accepts AllÃ¢h (let such know that he) has laid hold of a support firm and strong which knows no breaking. AllÃ¢h is All-Hearing, All-Knowing.Zena Thursday 21 February, 2013 - 6:52 PM
A recent article "1 in 4 Swedish Women Will be Raped as Sexual Assaults Increase 500%", supports Wilders thesis. Between the years 2004-2012, Sweden's population increased from 9 million to 9.5 million, with immigration from Afghanistan, Iraq and Somalia, etc. At present 16 per cent of all new-born babies have mothers born in non-Western countries. Immigrant unemployment is 54 per cent.
Sweden's rape statistics rose from 9.24 per 100,000 in 2003, to 36.8 in 2005 to a staggering 53.2 in 2008, after South Africa the second highest in the world. Muslims are represented in around 77 per cent of rape cases. Stockholm, a city which is one-third immigrant and between a fifth and a quarter Muslim, has an average of 5 rapes a day.ZOOTS ALOR Thursday 21 February, 2013 - 12:20 PM
What has Palestine have to do with Geert Wilder speaking in Australia Why do the protestors speak against racism then have banners with Free Palestine it has nothing to do withh Geert wildershlomog Thursday 21 February, 2013 - 11:19 AM
This is a conversation which needs to be had.
As a European, I can tell you first hand there are problems in Europe. We shouldn't have to adapt to them, but they to us. But Islam doesn't allow that. It's that simple. Otherwise stay where you are.
Don't see many Christian churches being build in Saudi or Pakistan.
Naive leftist liberals.Philip charlton Thursday 21 February, 2013 - 2:53 AM