- Footscray surgeon's 'miracle' recovery
- Shooting star Laetisha Scanlan with Neil Mitchell
- Newsreader gaffe: Who am I again?
- Neil Mitchell concedes defeat on speed camera questions
- WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full responsibility for 'dirty mess'
- 'He was left lying in a pool of blood'
- Work for the dole 'unfair' on jobseekers
- Woman disgusted over 'death' plate
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Steve on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... How can this man expect anybody to believe such rubbish? Recording a private conversation is legal as long as it is not ... more
- Joe Garra on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Why did they destroy someone else's property?? more
- Eric on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... What a beat up,who cares it is of no importance in the running of the State. Just another example of Neil Mitchell making a ... more
- poppitt on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... It appears Mr Andrews likes to call other politicians out for lying, cheating, stealing, but when it comes to members of his ... more
- Vallipuram on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... so it is ok to vandalise someone elses property As leader of opposition you accept responsibility for vandalism of property ... more
- Dallas on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Peter dalglish forget about tying to find the State Labor website on-line the way you spell you'll end up at a maternity ... more
- Stephen on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Oh and Mr Andrews the property was not yours to destroy!! So theft and criminal damage! The potential charges grow!! more
- Marko on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... I'd like to know why no police charges have been laid against Daniel Andrews, Kosmos Samaras, etc? When I was a cop it was ... more
- Bruce on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Mr Andrews still did not take responsibility!He repeatedly stated "It is my responsibility to get to the bottom of it"He ... more
- Bob on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Dead man walking, Mr Andrews. You expect us to believe that all those around you knew about the tape, what was on it, copied ... more
- Kate on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Interesting comment he makes in the second half of the tape at 8.07 - "I first heard this and I am not entirely sure I have ... more
- Fred on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Someone needs to teach Andrews the definition of theft. Only then will he understand what a 'thief' is. Mealy mouthed ... more
- bc on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... poor baby huey andrews the carnival is over .One thing there are grubs on all sides grubby guy is after napthines job.Fancy ... more
- Peter dalglish on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Daniels Andrews connected with unions federal opposition leader connected with unions, see a pattern happening here.Now to ... more
- Big Al on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... I have no faith or respect for any of our politicians. They are all devious and incompetent. Most people I speak to are ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Woman disgusted over 'death' plate This is unforgivable. The driver of this vehicle should be exposed so we can see who he really is. He should not be allowed ... more
- IBARKER on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Poppitt ?? Where are you for out thou. more
- Liz on Work for the dole 'unfair' on jobseekers If they stop sending all our jobs overseas. There would be plenty avail.If they leave call centre jobs in Australia there ... more
- poppitt on Work for the dole 'unfair' on jobseekers I see the unemployed every day where I work. They can afford to work, they can afford to look clean and respectable. The ... more
- colin on Woman disgusted over 'death' plate What a thoughtful reply Sinbad. Who is Amanda?Alzheimer's already? Hmmm. more
Police clash with protesters at Geert Wilders speech
UPDATE: Noisy protestors have blockaded a venue at Somerton where anti-Islamic Dutch MP Geert Wilders addressed a group of supporters on Tuesday afternoon.
The protestors locked arms in front of the Mirage centre, blocking the entrance and pushing people over.
Mounted police have now moved and are dispersed the 40 protesters, allowing the speech to commence.
Images: Simon Love/3AW
EARLIER: Police are preparing for possible protests as anger surrounds the decision to let anti-Islamic Dutch MP Geert Wilders into Australia.
The Q Society, have defended their decision to fund the controversial figure’s speaking tour.
It is understood the venue, where Mr Wilders was booked to speak at tonight, had to be changed amid fears of trouble from protestors.
Q spokesperson Andrew Horwood told Neil Mitchell Australians need to start looking ahead to what might happen if Islam is allowed to expand.
“Do we want to have an Australia in ten years time where every public swimming pool we go to has a curtain and we are segregated on the basis on religion,” he said.
Mr Horwood said they had brought Mr Wilders to Australia to educate people on the dangers of Islam.
“In the core religion of Islam it actually tells them not to take criticism and if there is criticism they need to react violently,” he said.
@Zena, you can keep quoting the Quran until the cows come home but the fact is that many, many Muslims (and unfortunately some of those are in Australia) do not follow the words but are intent on Jihad and terrorism.GIW Tuesday 26 February, 2013 - 2:19 PM
The Holy Quran
"And when they hear Al-Laghw (dirty, false, evil vain talk), they withdraw from it and say: "To us our deeds, and to you your deeds. Peace be to you. We seek not the ignorant."zena Saturday 23 February, 2013 - 10:35 PM
For those who say Islam encourages violence against Non Muslims and required to be spread by the sword, read this verse from the Quran:
2:256. There is no compulsion of any sort in religion (as) the right way does stand obviously distinguished from the way of error. Now he that shall reject the transgressor and accepts AllÃ¢h (let such know that he) has laid hold of a support firm and strong which knows no breaking. AllÃ¢h is All-Hearing, All-Knowing.Zena Thursday 21 February, 2013 - 6:52 PM
A recent article "1 in 4 Swedish Women Will be Raped as Sexual Assaults Increase 500%", supports Wilders thesis. Between the years 2004-2012, Sweden's population increased from 9 million to 9.5 million, with immigration from Afghanistan, Iraq and Somalia, etc. At present 16 per cent of all new-born babies have mothers born in non-Western countries. Immigrant unemployment is 54 per cent.
Sweden's rape statistics rose from 9.24 per 100,000 in 2003, to 36.8 in 2005 to a staggering 53.2 in 2008, after South Africa the second highest in the world. Muslims are represented in around 77 per cent of rape cases. Stockholm, a city which is one-third immigrant and between a fifth and a quarter Muslim, has an average of 5 rapes a day.ZOOTS ALOR Thursday 21 February, 2013 - 12:20 PM
What has Palestine have to do with Geert Wilder speaking in Australia Why do the protestors speak against racism then have banners with Free Palestine it has nothing to do withh Geert wildershlomog Thursday 21 February, 2013 - 11:19 AM
This is a conversation which needs to be had.
As a European, I can tell you first hand there are problems in Europe. We shouldn't have to adapt to them, but they to us. But Islam doesn't allow that. It's that simple. Otherwise stay where you are.
Don't see many Christian churches being build in Saudi or Pakistan.
Naive leftist liberals.Philip charlton Thursday 21 February, 2013 - 2:53 AM