- Footscray surgeon's 'miracle' recovery
- Shooting star Laetisha Scanlan with Neil Mitchell
- Newsreader gaffe: Who am I again?
- Neil Mitchell concedes defeat on speed camera questions
- WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full responsibility for 'dirty mess'
- 'He was left lying in a pool of blood'
- Work for the dole 'unfair' on jobseekers
- Woman disgusted over 'death' plate
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Steve on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... How can this man expect anybody to believe such rubbish? Recording a private conversation is legal as long as it is not ... more
- Joe Garra on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Why did they destroy someone else's property?? more
- Eric on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... What a beat up,who cares it is of no importance in the running of the State. Just another example of Neil Mitchell making a ... more
- poppitt on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... It appears Mr Andrews likes to call other politicians out for lying, cheating, stealing, but when it comes to members of his ... more
- Vallipuram on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... so it is ok to vandalise someone elses property As leader of opposition you accept responsibility for vandalism of property ... more
- Dallas on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Peter dalglish forget about tying to find the State Labor website on-line the way you spell you'll end up at a maternity ... more
- Stephen on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Oh and Mr Andrews the property was not yours to destroy!! So theft and criminal damage! The potential charges grow!! more
- Marko on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... I'd like to know why no police charges have been laid against Daniel Andrews, Kosmos Samaras, etc? When I was a cop it was ... more
- Bruce on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Mr Andrews still did not take responsibility!He repeatedly stated "It is my responsibility to get to the bottom of it"He ... more
- Bob on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Dead man walking, Mr Andrews. You expect us to believe that all those around you knew about the tape, what was on it, copied ... more
- Kate on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Interesting comment he makes in the second half of the tape at 8.07 - "I first heard this and I am not entirely sure I have ... more
- Fred on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Someone needs to teach Andrews the definition of theft. Only then will he understand what a 'thief' is. Mealy mouthed ... more
- bc on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... poor baby huey andrews the carnival is over .One thing there are grubs on all sides grubby guy is after napthines job.Fancy ... more
- Peter dalglish on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Daniels Andrews connected with unions federal opposition leader connected with unions, see a pattern happening here.Now to ... more
- Big Al on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... I have no faith or respect for any of our politicians. They are all devious and incompetent. Most people I speak to are ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Woman disgusted over 'death' plate This is unforgivable. The driver of this vehicle should be exposed so we can see who he really is. He should not be allowed ... more
- IBARKER on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Poppitt ?? Where are you for out thou. more
- Liz on Work for the dole 'unfair' on jobseekers If they stop sending all our jobs overseas. There would be plenty avail.If they leave call centre jobs in Australia there ... more
- poppitt on Work for the dole 'unfair' on jobseekers I see the unemployed every day where I work. They can afford to work, they can afford to look clean and respectable. The ... more
- colin on Woman disgusted over 'death' plate What a thoughtful reply Sinbad. Who is Amanda?Alzheimer's already? Hmmm. more
Rudd vs Gillard: It's all your fault
This leadership uncertainty is your fault.
People from the polls keep ringing you up and asking: who do you prefer, Kevin Rudd or Julia Gillard?
And in increasing numbers you say ‘give us Kevin’, and off it all goes again.
So why? Why do you want Kevin Rudd as Prime Minister? I don’t get it.
The latest poll today has him twice as popular as Julia Gillard - 62 to 31. Why? Why is he twice as good?
I have never seen anything like this before. There is no doubt Kevin Rudd is running a campaign to promote himself; His Facebook page proves it.
Everybody denies it, but it is happening. He is rebuilding himself with the public to the point that he is a credible threat to the Prime Minister.
This is a people-driven revival - not a political one. He is forever releasing these videos of himself. Like this at the weekend:
He is running, and denying it.
I was talking to one of the Gillard camp at the weekend. This person said ‘If I was Rudd, I’d have a go’. That is how shaky Julia Gillard’s leadership is. This latest poll doesn’t help her, and she faces caucus tomorrow.
She has done a friendly interview with The Age today saying what a ‘tough bastard’ she is. Her words. So she will try to tough it out.
Rudd won’t challenge, he will wait for her to step down.
So that is where it stands. She could go this week, but she might last until the election. The point remains that on the polls, Rudd is a far greater chance to win for Labor than Gillard.
He was hardly a success as Prime Minister. He was a control freak who ran a bungling government. Remember the insulation debacle, the school halls, how his ex-ministers went after him only a year ago and called him a ‘psychopath’.
Perhaps he has learnt, but perhaps he has not.
Either way my question stands: Why do you prefer him?
This latest poll in The Age is good news again for Tony Abbott. The coalition has won 27 of the 27 polls since 2010. This shows they would walk in an election.
Labor’s support is down to 31 per cent, and staying there. The poll also show that the misogyny stuff hasn’t lasted, these attempts to show Abbott as anti-female have bombed.
38 per cent of the female vote approved of him, while Julia Gillard only slightly ahead on 41 per cent. 41 per cent of women versus 38 per cent.
So we stagger on.
Abbott has performed much better since the election date was set, so that strategy has back fired. And now, the government is thrashing around looking for an issue.
They threw out the child care bribe yesterday and they are trialling 24-hour child care for emergency workers (that is not a bad idea, I reckon, unlike the media laws which are obscene), the 457 visa nonsense and a few other things.
So it is all your fault. This uncertainty is because you keep answering the phone when the pollsters ring. Might be time to hang up.
You canbot be serious with this article. Sure Kevin Rudd wasnt a perfect leader, but he was the one we voted for. As well as the introduction of the carbon tax? In this economy? You cannot be serious saying that Gillard is more capable than Rudd if she cant even see that that was a stupid decision.Mike Toss Sunday 24 March, 2013 - 12:05 PM
Gillard acts desperately. Aboriginals bashed by cops on Australia Day 2012, continuously taking up the abusive woman victim status, etc.
Julia Gillard's actions have made it impossible to have another woman in power for a long time.Earth.W Wednesday 20 March, 2013 - 10:10 AM
Interesting to note that the the "I hate Julia Gillard" facebook side has 37,626 liking the site - which would suggest they hate Gillard.
By contrast the "I hate Tony Abbott" facebook site has only 1,893 likes.Ivan@kinnane Wednesday 20 March, 2013 - 9:32 AM
Last time I checked the Australian people voted Rudd in not Gillard, I am neither liberal or labor voter, but can both parties do the right thing by all Australians and give us the election we want this year firstly Labor get rid of Gillard and instill Rudd and also the liberal party remove Abbott and Put Malcolm turnbull in charge that way I believe we have the two best candidates to fight for itPatrick Tuesday 19 March, 2013 - 10:20 PM
Alright ppl are still talking about kevin's stabbing .....but what about the NT libs stabbing that happened as recently as less than 10 days....No liberal sympathiser speaks about it ...including you Mr Neilmanpreet Tuesday 19 March, 2013 - 8:56 PM
Rudd has a sympathy vote and support from many decent people who resent the way he was dispatched - by a stab in the back from colleagues and so-called friends. I doubt Gillard will ever be forgiven for this, let alone the carbon tax lie. Basically, people trust Rudd a lot more than they trust Gillard - which is hardly surprising.Keith Guest Tuesday 19 March, 2013 - 12:02 PM