- Hackers target webcams
- Keep on holding on
- 'I don't deserve this'
- Car park rip-off
- Photo: Cane toad in Melbourne?
- Shrine shadow building approved
- From the steps of Parliament
- Is this Xmas tree worth $1m?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Paul on 'I don't deserve this' Solomons' Sword. You really think it happens that way. Your a joke.If your happy waiting 16mins for an Ambulance while ... more
- MikeO on 'I don't deserve this' Ambos need a pay rise but there many other people who need them too. I do not like people paid by the tax payer using their ... more
- Randal Woods on 'I don't deserve this' Solomon's Sword, you are obviously a moron. What ambo stands over patients, asking who they will vote for before they treat ... more
- Andrew on 'I don't deserve this' Advocating for patients is a professional trait and being outspoken is acceptable in that context. However, I'm not sure if ... more
- Solomons' Sword on 'I don't deserve this' Paramedic standing over a sick patient: "Who are you going to vote for" before deciding what treatment to administer...Some ... more
- Deffa on 'I don't deserve this' @ David, It is not the same deal. The potential labour offer is 12% over 2 years, Governmet offer is 12% over 3 yrs. There ... more
- Janelle on Photo: Cane toad in Melbourne? Looks like a 'Banjo Frog' to me. Found one in Greensborough. more
- Sam Maglitto on 'I don't deserve this' Over this Union lead Dispute, yes I think Ambos and Paramedics deserve a better deal, But using the Vehicles and their ... more
- Heather on 'I don't deserve this' Unbelievable!!! This story has just decided my vote! Thank you Louise for your service (ditto to all other paramedics) and ... more
- Anna Brown on 'I don't deserve this' Louise is an incredibly hard working & dedicated paramedic. Paramedics work long hours in what r often traumatic & ... more
- IBARKER on 'I don't deserve this' Wear the uniform ?? but not your political "VIEWS""" more
- Marsha on Photo: Cane toad in Melbourne? I had a look at some photos as I didn't think the feet looked like a cane toad. Thanks for the Pobblebonk name - feet are ... more
- Lukew on 'I don't deserve this' The ambulance service should not be political and I think the disciplinary action for using the uniform to promote a ... more
- David on 'I don't deserve this' They were offered the same deal they said Labor offered and they would accept.. This is another example of Union thugs ... more
- Peggy on 'I don't deserve this' If she wants to make it personal then she should protest. Even if in uniform she can protest but to represent her employer ... more
- The quiet 'medic on 'I don't deserve this' Not mentioned here is that wearing our uniform for union actions outside of work is covered under protected industrial ... more
- Mark Cornford on 'I don't deserve this' It's getting to the stage that the Ambo's will soon ask if you are Liberal or Labour and if you are not what they support ... more
- Kylie on 'I don't deserve this' This gives one some insight into the bullying culture ambos cop under Ambulance Victoria. They treat ambos like utter ... more
- Kris on 'I don't deserve this' Yeah it seems pathetic but if it is policy you knew about it and you broke the rules then you should get punished for it. more
- Angry Ambo on 'I don't deserve this' This is yet another example of Ambulance Victoria's adversarial management approach toward their employees. They ... more
Rudd vs Gillard: It's all your fault
This leadership uncertainty is your fault.
People from the polls keep ringing you up and asking: who do you prefer, Kevin Rudd or Julia Gillard?
And in increasing numbers you say ‘give us Kevin’, and off it all goes again.
So why? Why do you want Kevin Rudd as Prime Minister? I don’t get it.
The latest poll today has him twice as popular as Julia Gillard - 62 to 31. Why? Why is he twice as good?
I have never seen anything like this before. There is no doubt Kevin Rudd is running a campaign to promote himself; His Facebook page proves it.
Everybody denies it, but it is happening. He is rebuilding himself with the public to the point that he is a credible threat to the Prime Minister.
This is a people-driven revival - not a political one. He is forever releasing these videos of himself. Like this at the weekend:
He is running, and denying it.
I was talking to one of the Gillard camp at the weekend. This person said ‘If I was Rudd, I’d have a go’. That is how shaky Julia Gillard’s leadership is. This latest poll doesn’t help her, and she faces caucus tomorrow.
She has done a friendly interview with The Age today saying what a ‘tough bastard’ she is. Her words. So she will try to tough it out.
Rudd won’t challenge, he will wait for her to step down.
So that is where it stands. She could go this week, but she might last until the election. The point remains that on the polls, Rudd is a far greater chance to win for Labor than Gillard.
He was hardly a success as Prime Minister. He was a control freak who ran a bungling government. Remember the insulation debacle, the school halls, how his ex-ministers went after him only a year ago and called him a ‘psychopath’.
Perhaps he has learnt, but perhaps he has not.
Either way my question stands: Why do you prefer him?
This latest poll in The Age is good news again for Tony Abbott. The coalition has won 27 of the 27 polls since 2010. This shows they would walk in an election.
Labor’s support is down to 31 per cent, and staying there. The poll also show that the misogyny stuff hasn’t lasted, these attempts to show Abbott as anti-female have bombed.
38 per cent of the female vote approved of him, while Julia Gillard only slightly ahead on 41 per cent. 41 per cent of women versus 38 per cent.
So we stagger on.
Abbott has performed much better since the election date was set, so that strategy has back fired. And now, the government is thrashing around looking for an issue.
They threw out the child care bribe yesterday and they are trialling 24-hour child care for emergency workers (that is not a bad idea, I reckon, unlike the media laws which are obscene), the 457 visa nonsense and a few other things.
So it is all your fault. This uncertainty is because you keep answering the phone when the pollsters ring. Might be time to hang up.
You canbot be serious with this article. Sure Kevin Rudd wasnt a perfect leader, but he was the one we voted for. As well as the introduction of the carbon tax? In this economy? You cannot be serious saying that Gillard is more capable than Rudd if she cant even see that that was a stupid decision.Mike Toss Sunday 24 March, 2013 - 12:05 PM
Gillard acts desperately. Aboriginals bashed by cops on Australia Day 2012, continuously taking up the abusive woman victim status, etc.
Julia Gillard's actions have made it impossible to have another woman in power for a long time.Earth.W Wednesday 20 March, 2013 - 10:10 AM
Interesting to note that the the "I hate Julia Gillard" facebook side has 37,626 liking the site - which would suggest they hate Gillard.
By contrast the "I hate Tony Abbott" facebook site has only 1,893 likes.Ivan@kinnane Wednesday 20 March, 2013 - 9:32 AM
Last time I checked the Australian people voted Rudd in not Gillard, I am neither liberal or labor voter, but can both parties do the right thing by all Australians and give us the election we want this year firstly Labor get rid of Gillard and instill Rudd and also the liberal party remove Abbott and Put Malcolm turnbull in charge that way I believe we have the two best candidates to fight for itPatrick Tuesday 19 March, 2013 - 10:20 PM
Alright ppl are still talking about kevin's stabbing .....but what about the NT libs stabbing that happened as recently as less than 10 days....No liberal sympathiser speaks about it ...including you Mr Neilmanpreet Tuesday 19 March, 2013 - 8:56 PM
Rudd has a sympathy vote and support from many decent people who resent the way he was dispatched - by a stab in the back from colleagues and so-called friends. I doubt Gillard will ever be forgiven for this, let alone the carbon tax lie. Basically, people trust Rudd a lot more than they trust Gillard - which is hardly surprising.Keith Guest Tuesday 19 March, 2013 - 12:02 PM