- Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl'
- New party wants seats for cyclists
- Epic walk 'changed our lives'
- 'There’s mortars going off now in Donetsk'
- 'I don't trust them. Watch your bills'
- 'Show some backbone': Napthine's message to UN, Putin
- Vandals target CFA stations
- Cadel Evans launches Geelong race
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Mandi on 'There’s mortars going off now in ... I agree Mylene they have an extremely deranged veiw on this horrific tragedy which is making the situation so much more ... more
- Milton on Epic walk 'changed our lives' Well done guys! more
- mylene on 'There’s mortars going off now in ... Back in the trenches in WWI we all stopped fighting for Xmas dinner and even played a game of soccer with the hun. These ... more
- jgl Melb on 'I don't trust them. Watch your bills' Power companies are slowly overhauling politicians and journalists as the masters of verbal gymnastics more
- Daniel on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' And now you're contributing to the problem Neil. It's not the fact that he just said 'something wrong' it's his mentality. ... more
- Eleanor Steel on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' Get rid of Taylor 3aw doesn't need an idiot big mouth like him!908DPC more
- Richie on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' Hearing Taylor lose his cool tonight on Sports Today when questioned about why some people don't see the apology as being ... more
- Delboy on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' The guy is living in the 80's. You can tell that by the mo. Lost me. more
- bc on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' brian taylor 2m words BIG MOUTH more
- poppitt on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' On 3aw last week you had 'like a girl' I was so pleased, I thought people are realising what they say has meaning. Now this ... more
- Stephen on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' Yet again political correctness gone mad!! Where does it stop I'm short for example as many are can we start demanding what ... more
- Nooky Hayes on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' How do you think Harry's wife feels when BT can say this and everyone say's don't worry about it. more
- Donna Grant on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' His comments were homophobic and unpleasant. Why can't he just behave like a grown up person.I usually listen to 3 AW on the ... more
- Gloria on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' It's about time homosexuals got over themselves and developed a sense of humour. I have never forgiven them for pinching the ... more
- Jan Widdop on Photos: Neil Mitchell's new puppy Cute puppy, enjoy him! more
- Georgia on Photos: Neil Mitchell's new puppy Lighten up Gloss, it's a happy subject. Don't be such a sourpuss. Cute puppy Neil more
- PJ on Photos: Neil Mitchell's new puppy And there's me thinking he'd been sent away for 'Lefty Training' to compete with Jon.Anyone that loves dogs is fundamentally ... more
- mylene on Thorpe's sexuality 'never an issue' I didn't watch any of those shows. Silent Witness and The Tunnel rule in my house. more
- Gloss on Thorpe's sexuality 'never an issue' None of us are shocked, we all knew long ago. more
- Gloss on Photos: Neil Mitchell's new puppy Don't think this dog is 'cute', he has a very sad eyes. Have to question why so many comments are printed about a dog when ... more
Salvation Army 'Street Teams' take to the trains
Salvation Army response teams will take to our trains at night to increase safety, and try to defuse potentially violent situations.
The teams will work alongside PSO's and have the support of Police and Metro.
Salvation Army Officer Brendan Nottle told Neil Mitchell told Neil Mitchell the teams will travel on the train to help people who are 'doing it tough'.
"Could be homeless people, people with mental health issues, people who are lonely... and hopefully we'll improve people’s perceptions of safety on the rail network,”
“We’re definitely about the soft side of things, we’re not interested in violence or anything like that and if we see a violent situation we’ll call the police straight away”
“It’s really about coming alongside people that sometimes have the potential to cause other public transport users to be concerned” Major Nottle said.
The Salvation Army have trained 120 people in the program who will initially operate in the early evening during the week, and between 8pm and 2am on Friday and Saturdays.
I find it extremely annoying that the minute someone decent wants to do something positive there's always someone nasty making a ridiculous comment that wants to bring people down for the baggers move on and show some dam respect for these people they have done nothing wrong your hung up on some incident from the 60s.mandy Friday 2 November, 2012 - 1:21 PM
The response team would be a good deterrent for people that are vulnerable when there are thugs and creeps lingering.mandy Friday 2 November, 2012 - 10:41 AM
It could be quite risky there are so many dodgy people out there that don't appreciate help and are either drug addicted,bipolar,schizophrenic etc they would be a good deterrent on a train if there are people travelling alone and are vulnerable to creeps and thugs let's hope the PSOs are close by after all they were trained and are payed to do this job.mandy Thursday 1 November, 2012 - 9:27 PM
funny how when the Guardian Angels Australia wanted to do this the Police were ice cold on the idea and called them vigilantes, salvos do it and get full support. Good luck to them anyway, it's a tpugh gig, hope they have enougb training to handle violent drunks.ccitizen Thursday 1 November, 2012 - 9:12 PM
i would just like to bring to your attention a group of people who work in the city each night and who take the time to keep an eye on kids who may be in need of help. i am a foster parent and in recent times they have been a real blessing as they have kept an eye on a young person who didnt return back home. They are funded by the Department of Human Services. These people are out on the streets each night and rarely get a mention so thankyou for allowing me to bring their name forward as yet another vital service this city has for our youngsters in need. I understand they are there until about 3am each night so more power to them and the DHS for taking this initiative!!!susi Thursday 1 November, 2012 - 3:49 PM
Come off it Pru,
You could say about any group or Church. At least there being pro active and doing somethingBelushi Thursday 1 November, 2012 - 2:37 PM