- A last-ditch pitch to voters
- Brave victims snap attackers
- The art of AFL drafting
- Catherine Andrews: The woman behind the man
- Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking
- So, we like, don't like these words
- 'The results are amazing'
- Andrews attacks 'desperate' government
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Mike Genge on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The guy who shot this film needs a life, The poilce are hard working and are under pressure regardless where he parks to ... more
- Suzanne Bowtell on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Policemans actions are perhaps not a good luck. But what an arrogant, disrespectful twit the antagonistic filmer is. He's ... more
- garry robinson on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking This clown is nothing but a smartarse. Lack of respect is this county's biggest problem. Is the rear window open on the car ... more
- andy on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking This guy filming has some balls to talk this way to an officer to begin with, this is the trouble their is no respect for ... more
- Noel Hynes on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking To the person who recorded this video. "You are a complete and utter KNOB... "Wake up to yourself"... and "Show some respect ... more
- Joy tanti on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking I have no problem with this officer parking there as he is on duty at all times so if he got the call the car is there next ... more
- Dave on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Give us a break moron. Hardest job in the world, smart Alec's always filming everything cops do 24/7. Ten years ago the fool ... more
- ramin on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Keep up the good work guys, what I see here is police out being human and interacting with the community and at the same ... more
- Mariah on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Cudos to the guy ratting out that police officer. He is NOT above the law. He should be setting an example!! He should be ... more
- David Blackburn on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The guy filming that is a loser.He'd have something to say if he needed urgent police attention and they'd parked their car ... more
- Wayne on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Stupid guy. the officer needs to eat& be as close to his car as possible incase he needs to move quickly to save you're life! more
- Dennis Henry on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The policeman is a First Constable - not a Constable. The person behind the camera is an idiot not anyone of note. I ... more
- Stephen on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Cop parked illegal, that's wrong.Videographer filmed policeman (or anyone for that matter) in a public place, totally ... more
- Justin on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The tool behind the filming needs to get a life more
- Colin Lacivita on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking I agree 100% with the other comments. The Police are allowed to park anywhere. He is having lunch and the sooner he is back ... more
- Kris on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The fool with the camera should do his homework as its the council that fines you for parking in no standing zones not the ... more
- Darrell Gascoyne on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking As far as I am concerned I would be delighted an officer was there showing a visible presence, as a shop owner I would ... more
- Brendan on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Total Disrespect for the officer . Everyone is in favour of additional police presence on our streets and police should be ... more
- Guy Pearson on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking If they are allowed to do it, it's not "illegally parked"As long as they are safely parked I don't have a problem with ... more
- IGNATIUS on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking I would have not noticed the illegal parking because it is police officer.The dumb bugger who videoed this is a nutbag. more
Salvation Army 'Street Teams' take to the trains
Salvation Army response teams will take to our trains at night to increase safety, and try to defuse potentially violent situations.
The teams will work alongside PSO's and have the support of Police and Metro.
Salvation Army Officer Brendan Nottle told Neil Mitchell told Neil Mitchell the teams will travel on the train to help people who are 'doing it tough'.
"Could be homeless people, people with mental health issues, people who are lonely... and hopefully we'll improve people’s perceptions of safety on the rail network,”
“We’re definitely about the soft side of things, we’re not interested in violence or anything like that and if we see a violent situation we’ll call the police straight away”
“It’s really about coming alongside people that sometimes have the potential to cause other public transport users to be concerned” Major Nottle said.
The Salvation Army have trained 120 people in the program who will initially operate in the early evening during the week, and between 8pm and 2am on Friday and Saturdays.
I find it extremely annoying that the minute someone decent wants to do something positive there's always someone nasty making a ridiculous comment that wants to bring people down for the baggers move on and show some dam respect for these people they have done nothing wrong your hung up on some incident from the 60s.mandy Friday 2 November, 2012 - 1:21 PM
The response team would be a good deterrent for people that are vulnerable when there are thugs and creeps lingering.mandy Friday 2 November, 2012 - 10:41 AM
It could be quite risky there are so many dodgy people out there that don't appreciate help and are either drug addicted,bipolar,schizophrenic etc they would be a good deterrent on a train if there are people travelling alone and are vulnerable to creeps and thugs let's hope the PSOs are close by after all they were trained and are payed to do this job.mandy Thursday 1 November, 2012 - 9:27 PM
funny how when the Guardian Angels Australia wanted to do this the Police were ice cold on the idea and called them vigilantes, salvos do it and get full support. Good luck to them anyway, it's a tpugh gig, hope they have enougb training to handle violent drunks.ccitizen Thursday 1 November, 2012 - 9:12 PM
i would just like to bring to your attention a group of people who work in the city each night and who take the time to keep an eye on kids who may be in need of help. i am a foster parent and in recent times they have been a real blessing as they have kept an eye on a young person who didnt return back home. They are funded by the Department of Human Services. These people are out on the streets each night and rarely get a mention so thankyou for allowing me to bring their name forward as yet another vital service this city has for our youngsters in need. I understand they are there until about 3am each night so more power to them and the DHS for taking this initiative!!!susi Thursday 1 November, 2012 - 3:49 PM
Come off it Pru,
You could say about any group or Church. At least there being pro active and doing somethingBelushi Thursday 1 November, 2012 - 2:37 PM