- Ice driving killer verdict 'not adequate'
- Good idea or just rubbish?
- 'It's complex': Mayor defends slow Sydney Rd CCTV installation
- 'Blame the tradie, not contestants'
- Lambie: 'Strip Sharia supporters of welfare'
- Classic or crazy? Cazaly re-made
- Australia in for 'long haul' against ISIS
- George the Goldfish saved with surgery
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Gazza on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... The yanks spend billions on the biggest and baddest weapons,time to use them all,now. more
- Steve on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... One of your most most stupid statements so far mylyene! more
- Jane on Lambie: 'Strip Sharia supporters of ... Well this is one thing i agree with. Tired of tip-toeing on this issue. There are not hundreds of Muslims that support ... more
- Linda on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... Christine Milne is as big a threat to our national security as groups like ISIS. Even the tiniest chink in our political ... more
- GIW on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... Yes Mylene, that is the aim of Islam to take over the world. As a caller on the Sunday Morning show yesterdays said, there ... more
- mylene on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... Don't worry in a couple of years we'll be trading with ISIS and the Taliban and anyone who mentions the war will be shouted ... more
- Jeff on 'Players leave': Gillon gives it ... As parents of young kids i cannot believe Essendon has put James Hird back in as coach, Hird should have nothing to do with ... more
- Stephen on 'Players leave': Gillon gives it ... Doesn't know a lot really does he! Including if the Bombers took anything illeagal!AFL Another Fool Leader. more
- Diane on 'Players leave': Gillon gives it ... How silly to have a coaches meeting when there are finals on and other coaches are having their reviews. more
- Jimbob on 'Players leave': Gillon gives it ... I wonder what the risk factor is for those other clubs attempting to poach essendong starts caught in this. If the worst ... more
- Mel on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... Our neighbours also have a fox terrier & it's one of the most aggressive & unsocialised dogs I have seen! Has prevented us ... more
- Wayne on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... to wendy who wrote "Perhaps the dogs that did the killings were Miniature Pit Bulls rather than Fox Terriers? Surely this ... more
- Sam Maglitto on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... I heard this report on the radio this afternoon and being a Dog Lover I was horrified to think there are other owners who ... more
- wendy on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... Perhaps the dogs that did the killings were Miniature Pit Bulls rather than Fox Terriers? Surely this would get peoples ... more
- Stephanie on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... Such a tragedy for all involved. more
- Robert on 'PM's popularity between asbestos and ... But when he opposes public transport, his ratings suffer. His being so good at opposing things, particularly public ... more
- jgl Melb on 'If Ashby is right, Pyne should quit' Christopher Pyne;Verbal gymnast extraordinaire...Putting it politely more
- Colin Lacivita on Phone scam targets grieving widow I always get emails promising me money. I don't care who they are I always send a email back warning that their contact ... more
- David R on Council backs down over fees Typical heartless unthinking council bureaucrats. And its not the Councillors its the people manning the front desk or the ... more
- mike on Labor's tough new stance against 'evil' So trafficking drugs away from a school is less illegal?And why drug busses? Target pubs/clubs! I hear more and more people ... more
Tensions flare between Hockey and Shorten over Gillard's involvement in AWU scandal
A discussion on the Prime Minister Julia Gillard’s involvement in the AWU scandal between Shadow Treasurer Joe Hockey and Workplace Relations and Employment Minister Bill Shorten has evoked ire on the Neil Mitchell program.
Mr Shorten challenged Mr Hockey on his claim that the Prime Minister has not been telling the truth over her involvement in the Australian Workers’ Union ‘slush fund’.
"New evidence is emerging that suggests that the Prime Minister hasn't been telling the truth,” Mr Hockey said.
"Not just not telling the truth 17 year ago, telling the truth now and telling the truth in answer to questions in parliament.”
Mr Hockey later watered down his comments, qualifying that the question of Ms Gillard not telling to truth ‘may appear to be the case’.
This prompted the following exchange between Mr Shorten and Mr Hockey:
Bill Shorten MP: "Joe, that's a serious allegation you're making. Are you saying on 3AW with no parliamentary privilege and immunity, are you saying that the Prime Minister has lied to parliament about her engagement in any illegal activities which other people are alleging? That’s a yes or a no."
Joe Hockey MP: "You'll see our reaction in parliament next week."
Bill Shorten MP: "What you're not willing to do is back up your first comment."
Mr Shorten then claimed Mr Hockey was trying to avoid a law suit by backing down from potentially defamatory comments against the Prime Minister.
"Joe said that the PM had misled, then he backed away from that, ran up the white flag and chucked the car into reverse," he said.
"Why won't you say it when there's no parliament to protect you."
LISTEN: Joe Hockey MP and Bill Shorten MP on the Neil Mitchell program:
So, Bill Shorten said that it doesn't matter what happened 20 years ago and Ju-Liar says it doesn't matter what happened 17 years ago. Obviously they do not support the apology given by KRudd over the decades old 'Stolen Generation' issue, nor do they think ANZAC Day or Remembrance Day matter. After all, didn't they all happened decades ago? I hope they do not celebrate Christmas either.
I can just imagine Ju-Liars speech after she gets smacked in the next election..."The Australian public are ALL sexist...!!!"
She says she has done nothing wrong. She ain't done anything right either!
She also said "Mr Blewitt, according to people who know him, has been described as a complete imbecile, an idiot, a stooge, a sexist pig, a liar, and his sister has said he's a crook, and rotten to the core. His word against mine. Make your mind up."
I have already...and he sounds far more credible than you do, Ju-Liar!!!Kraig Tuesday 27 November, 2012 - 11:34 AM
I dont really care about julia gillard she lost me a long time ago she could have been a great leader if she had waited her turn.. AND showed loyalty to RUDD.. This carbon tax is no good we have a lot of coal in Australia what we should have done was go bio fuels for our cars that would have a mad a megar differnce..marie Monday 26 November, 2012 - 7:32 PM
I would have voted for Kevin Rudd but not julia gillard if she had not formed government with the greens and independents and had the guts to say No and not make deals I would voted for her again a good leader knows when to retreat not go for power at any cost..frank Monday 26 November, 2012 - 7:23 PM
I listened to the interveiw and thought that NEIL WILLIAMS was a bit slow on the up take not asking BILL SHORTEN why he fed JULIA GILLARD to the wolves by stating on national tv ,THAT THE SLUSH FUND WAS INAPPROPRITE, and ilegal?Didn't Neil want to ask that?robynne morton Saturday 24 November, 2012 - 9:09 AM
Bill Shorten said that it doesn't matter what happened 20 years ago, she's the PM and what she does now is all that matters.What a tool! I will never vote Labor but if you want a chance of winning the next election get rid of her. On second thought keep her.Marjonnat Saturday 24 November, 2012 - 1:42 AM
Mr Shorten is trying to defend the indefensible. The woman was a lawyer. A first year law student would have been aware of the importance of checking facts. she was incompetent. she still is.brenda Friday 23 November, 2012 - 10:52 PM