- Victoria gets a sprinkling of the white stuff
- 'I'm angry at the mums for doing this'
- AFL boss's plans to lure fans back
- Why we need to fix the welfare system
- ACGA boss: 'I'm not happy'
- Driver captures unmarked camera car
- 'Banks need to improve their reputation'
- 'I feel like I've earned this'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Aria Judilla on Victoria gets a sprinkling of the white ... PJ, like most uneducated people, you're confusing "Climate Change" with "Global Warming". Do some research. more
- PJ on Victoria gets a sprinkling of the white ... This won't please the Warmists, looking to justify handing large sums of Aussie cash to greedy big bonus European Bankers! more
- David R on Victoria gets a sprinkling of the white ... Monstrous = old.It would have been there before they built the shopping centre and the council probably either wanted them ... more
- Gloss on Victoria gets a sprinkling of the white ... Tanya, perhaps their bloody stupid Council woudn't let them get rid of it. When weather events, like we have been ... more
- Hooksy of the Bush on Victoria gets a sprinkling of the white ... Tanya, don't you mean why on earth did someone build a car park under a monstrous gum tree? more
- heisdeadjim on Victoria gets a sprinkling of the white ... @Tanya. Being my local, there's a chance the tree was there before the car park...m more
- Tanya on Victoria gets a sprinkling of the white ... Re the tree down in Coles - Bayswater.Why on earth did someone plant a monstrous gum tree in a car park?The mind boggles. more
- IBARKER on Ron Iddles: 'This could actually save ... This is not only a man V women it can happen the other way. more
- Milton on Ron Iddles: 'This could actually save ... Why wait for 3 breaches, why not 2 or possibly just 1? more
- Steve on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... How can this man expect anybody to believe such rubbish? Recording a private conversation is legal as long as it is not ... more
- Joe Garra on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Why did they destroy someone else's property?? more
- Eric on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... What a beat up,who cares it is of no importance in the running of the State. Just another example of Neil Mitchell making a ... more
- poppitt on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... It appears Mr Andrews likes to call other politicians out for lying, cheating, stealing, but when it comes to members of his ... more
- Vallipuram on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... so it is ok to vandalise someone elses property As leader of opposition you accept responsibility for vandalism of property ... more
- Dallas on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Peter dalglish forget about tying to find the State Labor website on-line the way you spell you'll end up at a maternity ... more
- Stephen on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Oh and Mr Andrews the property was not yours to destroy!! So theft and criminal damage! The potential charges grow!! more
- Marko on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... I'd like to know why no police charges have been laid against Daniel Andrews, Kosmos Samaras, etc? When I was a cop it was ... more
- Bruce on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Mr Andrews still did not take responsibility!He repeatedly stated "It is my responsibility to get to the bottom of it"He ... more
- Bob on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Dead man walking, Mr Andrews. You expect us to believe that all those around you knew about the tape, what was on it, copied ... more
- Kate on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Interesting comment he makes in the second half of the tape at 8.07 - "I first heard this and I am not entirely sure I have ... more
Tensions flare between Hockey and Shorten over Gillard's involvement in AWU scandal
A discussion on the Prime Minister Julia Gillard’s involvement in the AWU scandal between Shadow Treasurer Joe Hockey and Workplace Relations and Employment Minister Bill Shorten has evoked ire on the Neil Mitchell program.
Mr Shorten challenged Mr Hockey on his claim that the Prime Minister has not been telling the truth over her involvement in the Australian Workers’ Union ‘slush fund’.
"New evidence is emerging that suggests that the Prime Minister hasn't been telling the truth,” Mr Hockey said.
"Not just not telling the truth 17 year ago, telling the truth now and telling the truth in answer to questions in parliament.”
Mr Hockey later watered down his comments, qualifying that the question of Ms Gillard not telling to truth ‘may appear to be the case’.
This prompted the following exchange between Mr Shorten and Mr Hockey:
Bill Shorten MP: "Joe, that's a serious allegation you're making. Are you saying on 3AW with no parliamentary privilege and immunity, are you saying that the Prime Minister has lied to parliament about her engagement in any illegal activities which other people are alleging? That’s a yes or a no."
Joe Hockey MP: "You'll see our reaction in parliament next week."
Bill Shorten MP: "What you're not willing to do is back up your first comment."
Mr Shorten then claimed Mr Hockey was trying to avoid a law suit by backing down from potentially defamatory comments against the Prime Minister.
"Joe said that the PM had misled, then he backed away from that, ran up the white flag and chucked the car into reverse," he said.
"Why won't you say it when there's no parliament to protect you."
LISTEN: Joe Hockey MP and Bill Shorten MP on the Neil Mitchell program:
So, Bill Shorten said that it doesn't matter what happened 20 years ago and Ju-Liar says it doesn't matter what happened 17 years ago. Obviously they do not support the apology given by KRudd over the decades old 'Stolen Generation' issue, nor do they think ANZAC Day or Remembrance Day matter. After all, didn't they all happened decades ago? I hope they do not celebrate Christmas either.
I can just imagine Ju-Liars speech after she gets smacked in the next election..."The Australian public are ALL sexist...!!!"
She says she has done nothing wrong. She ain't done anything right either!
She also said "Mr Blewitt, according to people who know him, has been described as a complete imbecile, an idiot, a stooge, a sexist pig, a liar, and his sister has said he's a crook, and rotten to the core. His word against mine. Make your mind up."
I have already...and he sounds far more credible than you do, Ju-Liar!!!Kraig Tuesday 27 November, 2012 - 11:34 AM
I dont really care about julia gillard she lost me a long time ago she could have been a great leader if she had waited her turn.. AND showed loyalty to RUDD.. This carbon tax is no good we have a lot of coal in Australia what we should have done was go bio fuels for our cars that would have a mad a megar differnce..marie Monday 26 November, 2012 - 7:32 PM
I would have voted for Kevin Rudd but not julia gillard if she had not formed government with the greens and independents and had the guts to say No and not make deals I would voted for her again a good leader knows when to retreat not go for power at any cost..frank Monday 26 November, 2012 - 7:23 PM
I listened to the interveiw and thought that NEIL WILLIAMS was a bit slow on the up take not asking BILL SHORTEN why he fed JULIA GILLARD to the wolves by stating on national tv ,THAT THE SLUSH FUND WAS INAPPROPRITE, and ilegal?Didn't Neil want to ask that?robynne morton Saturday 24 November, 2012 - 9:09 AM
Bill Shorten said that it doesn't matter what happened 20 years ago, she's the PM and what she does now is all that matters.What a tool! I will never vote Labor but if you want a chance of winning the next election get rid of her. On second thought keep her.Marjonnat Saturday 24 November, 2012 - 1:42 AM
Mr Shorten is trying to defend the indefensible. The woman was a lawyer. A first year law student would have been aware of the importance of checking facts. she was incompetent. she still is.brenda Friday 23 November, 2012 - 10:52 PM