- Calls to legalise marijuana
- ABC work-ethic 'shocking': Former manager
- 'It was something we didn't want to see'
- RSL apologises over Turban ban
- Australian Open in 16-year-old's sights
- RSL slams Crowe's comments
- Hackers target webcams
- Keep on holding on
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Paul on 'I don't deserve this' Solomons' Sword. You really think it happens that way. Your a joke.If your happy waiting 16mins for an Ambulance while ... more
- MikeO on 'I don't deserve this' Ambos need a pay rise but there many other people who need them too. I do not like people paid by the tax payer using their ... more
- Randal Woods on 'I don't deserve this' Solomon's Sword, you are obviously a moron. What ambo stands over patients, asking who they will vote for before they treat ... more
- Andrew on 'I don't deserve this' Advocating for patients is a professional trait and being outspoken is acceptable in that context. However, I'm not sure if ... more
- Solomons' Sword on 'I don't deserve this' Paramedic standing over a sick patient: "Who are you going to vote for" before deciding what treatment to administer...Some ... more
- Deffa on 'I don't deserve this' @ David, It is not the same deal. The potential labour offer is 12% over 2 years, Governmet offer is 12% over 3 yrs. There ... more
- Janelle on Photo: Cane toad in Melbourne? Looks like a 'Banjo Frog' to me. Found one in Greensborough. more
- Sam Maglitto on 'I don't deserve this' Over this Union lead Dispute, yes I think Ambos and Paramedics deserve a better deal, But using the Vehicles and their ... more
- Heather on 'I don't deserve this' Unbelievable!!! This story has just decided my vote! Thank you Louise for your service (ditto to all other paramedics) and ... more
- Anna Brown on 'I don't deserve this' Louise is an incredibly hard working & dedicated paramedic. Paramedics work long hours in what r often traumatic & ... more
- IBARKER on 'I don't deserve this' Wear the uniform ?? but not your political "VIEWS""" more
- Marsha on Photo: Cane toad in Melbourne? I had a look at some photos as I didn't think the feet looked like a cane toad. Thanks for the Pobblebonk name - feet are ... more
- Lukew on 'I don't deserve this' The ambulance service should not be political and I think the disciplinary action for using the uniform to promote a ... more
- David on 'I don't deserve this' They were offered the same deal they said Labor offered and they would accept.. This is another example of Union thugs ... more
- Peggy on 'I don't deserve this' If she wants to make it personal then she should protest. Even if in uniform she can protest but to represent her employer ... more
- The quiet 'medic on 'I don't deserve this' Not mentioned here is that wearing our uniform for union actions outside of work is covered under protected industrial ... more
- Mark Cornford on 'I don't deserve this' It's getting to the stage that the Ambo's will soon ask if you are Liberal or Labour and if you are not what they support ... more
- Kylie on 'I don't deserve this' This gives one some insight into the bullying culture ambos cop under Ambulance Victoria. They treat ambos like utter ... more
- Kris on 'I don't deserve this' Yeah it seems pathetic but if it is policy you knew about it and you broke the rules then you should get punished for it. more
- Angry Ambo on 'I don't deserve this' This is yet another example of Ambulance Victoria's adversarial management approach toward their employees. They ... more
Tensions flare between Hockey and Shorten over Gillard's involvement in AWU scandal
A discussion on the Prime Minister Julia Gillard’s involvement in the AWU scandal between Shadow Treasurer Joe Hockey and Workplace Relations and Employment Minister Bill Shorten has evoked ire on the Neil Mitchell program.
Mr Shorten challenged Mr Hockey on his claim that the Prime Minister has not been telling the truth over her involvement in the Australian Workers’ Union ‘slush fund’.
"New evidence is emerging that suggests that the Prime Minister hasn't been telling the truth,” Mr Hockey said.
"Not just not telling the truth 17 year ago, telling the truth now and telling the truth in answer to questions in parliament.”
Mr Hockey later watered down his comments, qualifying that the question of Ms Gillard not telling to truth ‘may appear to be the case’.
This prompted the following exchange between Mr Shorten and Mr Hockey:
Bill Shorten MP: "Joe, that's a serious allegation you're making. Are you saying on 3AW with no parliamentary privilege and immunity, are you saying that the Prime Minister has lied to parliament about her engagement in any illegal activities which other people are alleging? That’s a yes or a no."
Joe Hockey MP: "You'll see our reaction in parliament next week."
Bill Shorten MP: "What you're not willing to do is back up your first comment."
Mr Shorten then claimed Mr Hockey was trying to avoid a law suit by backing down from potentially defamatory comments against the Prime Minister.
"Joe said that the PM had misled, then he backed away from that, ran up the white flag and chucked the car into reverse," he said.
"Why won't you say it when there's no parliament to protect you."
LISTEN: Joe Hockey MP and Bill Shorten MP on the Neil Mitchell program:
So, Bill Shorten said that it doesn't matter what happened 20 years ago and Ju-Liar says it doesn't matter what happened 17 years ago. Obviously they do not support the apology given by KRudd over the decades old 'Stolen Generation' issue, nor do they think ANZAC Day or Remembrance Day matter. After all, didn't they all happened decades ago? I hope they do not celebrate Christmas either.
I can just imagine Ju-Liars speech after she gets smacked in the next election..."The Australian public are ALL sexist...!!!"
She says she has done nothing wrong. She ain't done anything right either!
She also said "Mr Blewitt, according to people who know him, has been described as a complete imbecile, an idiot, a stooge, a sexist pig, a liar, and his sister has said he's a crook, and rotten to the core. His word against mine. Make your mind up."
I have already...and he sounds far more credible than you do, Ju-Liar!!!Kraig Tuesday 27 November, 2012 - 11:34 AM
I dont really care about julia gillard she lost me a long time ago she could have been a great leader if she had waited her turn.. AND showed loyalty to RUDD.. This carbon tax is no good we have a lot of coal in Australia what we should have done was go bio fuels for our cars that would have a mad a megar differnce..marie Monday 26 November, 2012 - 7:32 PM
I would have voted for Kevin Rudd but not julia gillard if she had not formed government with the greens and independents and had the guts to say No and not make deals I would voted for her again a good leader knows when to retreat not go for power at any cost..frank Monday 26 November, 2012 - 7:23 PM
I listened to the interveiw and thought that NEIL WILLIAMS was a bit slow on the up take not asking BILL SHORTEN why he fed JULIA GILLARD to the wolves by stating on national tv ,THAT THE SLUSH FUND WAS INAPPROPRITE, and ilegal?Didn't Neil want to ask that?robynne morton Saturday 24 November, 2012 - 9:09 AM
Bill Shorten said that it doesn't matter what happened 20 years ago, she's the PM and what she does now is all that matters.What a tool! I will never vote Labor but if you want a chance of winning the next election get rid of her. On second thought keep her.Marjonnat Saturday 24 November, 2012 - 1:42 AM
Mr Shorten is trying to defend the indefensible. The woman was a lawyer. A first year law student would have been aware of the importance of checking facts. she was incompetent. she still is.brenda Friday 23 November, 2012 - 10:52 PM