- A last-ditch pitch to voters
- Brave victims snap attackers
- The art of AFL drafting
- Catherine Andrews: The woman behind the man
- Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking
- So, we like, don't like these words
- 'The results are amazing'
- Andrews attacks 'desperate' government
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Mike Genge on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The guy who shot this film needs a life, The poilce are hard working and are under pressure regardless where he parks to ... more
- Suzanne Bowtell on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Policemans actions are perhaps not a good luck. But what an arrogant, disrespectful twit the antagonistic filmer is. He's ... more
- garry robinson on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking This clown is nothing but a smartarse. Lack of respect is this county's biggest problem. Is the rear window open on the car ... more
- andy on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking This guy filming has some balls to talk this way to an officer to begin with, this is the trouble their is no respect for ... more
- Noel Hynes on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking To the person who recorded this video. "You are a complete and utter KNOB... "Wake up to yourself"... and "Show some respect ... more
- Joy tanti on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking I have no problem with this officer parking there as he is on duty at all times so if he got the call the car is there next ... more
- Dave on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Give us a break moron. Hardest job in the world, smart Alec's always filming everything cops do 24/7. Ten years ago the fool ... more
- ramin on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Keep up the good work guys, what I see here is police out being human and interacting with the community and at the same ... more
- Mariah on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Cudos to the guy ratting out that police officer. He is NOT above the law. He should be setting an example!! He should be ... more
- David Blackburn on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The guy filming that is a loser.He'd have something to say if he needed urgent police attention and they'd parked their car ... more
- Wayne on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Stupid guy. the officer needs to eat& be as close to his car as possible incase he needs to move quickly to save you're life! more
- Dennis Henry on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The policeman is a First Constable - not a Constable. The person behind the camera is an idiot not anyone of note. I ... more
- Stephen on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Cop parked illegal, that's wrong.Videographer filmed policeman (or anyone for that matter) in a public place, totally ... more
- Justin on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The tool behind the filming needs to get a life more
- Colin Lacivita on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking I agree 100% with the other comments. The Police are allowed to park anywhere. He is having lunch and the sooner he is back ... more
- Kris on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The fool with the camera should do his homework as its the council that fines you for parking in no standing zones not the ... more
- Darrell Gascoyne on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking As far as I am concerned I would be delighted an officer was there showing a visible presence, as a shop owner I would ... more
- Brendan on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Total Disrespect for the officer . Everyone is in favour of additional police presence on our streets and police should be ... more
- Guy Pearson on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking If they are allowed to do it, it's not "illegally parked"As long as they are safely parked I don't have a problem with ... more
- IGNATIUS on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking I would have not noticed the illegal parking because it is police officer.The dumb bugger who videoed this is a nutbag. more
Tensions flare between Hockey and Shorten over Gillard's involvement in AWU scandal
A discussion on the Prime Minister Julia Gillard’s involvement in the AWU scandal between Shadow Treasurer Joe Hockey and Workplace Relations and Employment Minister Bill Shorten has evoked ire on the Neil Mitchell program.
Mr Shorten challenged Mr Hockey on his claim that the Prime Minister has not been telling the truth over her involvement in the Australian Workers’ Union ‘slush fund’.
"New evidence is emerging that suggests that the Prime Minister hasn't been telling the truth,” Mr Hockey said.
"Not just not telling the truth 17 year ago, telling the truth now and telling the truth in answer to questions in parliament.”
Mr Hockey later watered down his comments, qualifying that the question of Ms Gillard not telling to truth ‘may appear to be the case’.
This prompted the following exchange between Mr Shorten and Mr Hockey:
Bill Shorten MP: "Joe, that's a serious allegation you're making. Are you saying on 3AW with no parliamentary privilege and immunity, are you saying that the Prime Minister has lied to parliament about her engagement in any illegal activities which other people are alleging? That’s a yes or a no."
Joe Hockey MP: "You'll see our reaction in parliament next week."
Bill Shorten MP: "What you're not willing to do is back up your first comment."
Mr Shorten then claimed Mr Hockey was trying to avoid a law suit by backing down from potentially defamatory comments against the Prime Minister.
"Joe said that the PM had misled, then he backed away from that, ran up the white flag and chucked the car into reverse," he said.
"Why won't you say it when there's no parliament to protect you."
LISTEN: Joe Hockey MP and Bill Shorten MP on the Neil Mitchell program:
So, Bill Shorten said that it doesn't matter what happened 20 years ago and Ju-Liar says it doesn't matter what happened 17 years ago. Obviously they do not support the apology given by KRudd over the decades old 'Stolen Generation' issue, nor do they think ANZAC Day or Remembrance Day matter. After all, didn't they all happened decades ago? I hope they do not celebrate Christmas either.
I can just imagine Ju-Liars speech after she gets smacked in the next election..."The Australian public are ALL sexist...!!!"
She says she has done nothing wrong. She ain't done anything right either!
She also said "Mr Blewitt, according to people who know him, has been described as a complete imbecile, an idiot, a stooge, a sexist pig, a liar, and his sister has said he's a crook, and rotten to the core. His word against mine. Make your mind up."
I have already...and he sounds far more credible than you do, Ju-Liar!!!Kraig Tuesday 27 November, 2012 - 11:34 AM
I dont really care about julia gillard she lost me a long time ago she could have been a great leader if she had waited her turn.. AND showed loyalty to RUDD.. This carbon tax is no good we have a lot of coal in Australia what we should have done was go bio fuels for our cars that would have a mad a megar differnce..marie Monday 26 November, 2012 - 7:32 PM
I would have voted for Kevin Rudd but not julia gillard if she had not formed government with the greens and independents and had the guts to say No and not make deals I would voted for her again a good leader knows when to retreat not go for power at any cost..frank Monday 26 November, 2012 - 7:23 PM
I listened to the interveiw and thought that NEIL WILLIAMS was a bit slow on the up take not asking BILL SHORTEN why he fed JULIA GILLARD to the wolves by stating on national tv ,THAT THE SLUSH FUND WAS INAPPROPRITE, and ilegal?Didn't Neil want to ask that?robynne morton Saturday 24 November, 2012 - 9:09 AM
Bill Shorten said that it doesn't matter what happened 20 years ago, she's the PM and what she does now is all that matters.What a tool! I will never vote Labor but if you want a chance of winning the next election get rid of her. On second thought keep her.Marjonnat Saturday 24 November, 2012 - 1:42 AM
Mr Shorten is trying to defend the indefensible. The woman was a lawyer. A first year law student would have been aware of the importance of checking facts. she was incompetent. she still is.brenda Friday 23 November, 2012 - 10:52 PM