- 'Why can't I relax and enjoy my meal?'
- Moira Kelly set to help deformed boy
- School bans cross-dressing for charity
- Can we move on from 'porn ring'?
- 19-year-old arrested over bus attack
- 'It's a long rant. It's not banter'
- Australia's Ebola promise to neighbours
- Abbott not a 'mainstream world politician'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Ursula Fajerman on 250 animals face death in bank action Wonderful news about the sanctuary. Thank you to the buyers and 3aw. This is the feel good news people need to wake up to. I ... more
- Catherine on Abbott not a 'mainstream world ... Who cares what the Russians says or believed they are morons like there leader and here in Australia they believe a ... more
- Stephen on 'It's a long rant. It's not banter' Oh lets not spend too much time on this he's an educated professor. Lets concentrate on removing Black from Baa Baa Black ... more
- Yank on Abbott not a 'mainstream world ... You should be proud to have a leader with guts. At least Abott's gotta pair we in the US are stuck with Mom Jeans as a ... more
- Andrea on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' I bought a puppy from Greg and when it started growing I too doubted the breed of my puppy was what I had purchased. So, I ... more
- Brenda Mentz on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' I have owned five miniature poodles and have no doubt this dog is part poodle. But the breed standard for miniature poodles ... more
- Lucy Richards on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' What utter crap this pet shop owner is talking, this dog would have come from a puppy farm. They work as he said on the ... more
- Colin Lacivita on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' How can you expect a dog not to grow and remain small. It's impossible. more
- Fran & Romeo on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' I think that was a poorly conducted interview if you invite people to speak on your show don't try to ridicule them I didn't ... more
- Toby Bushby on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' Looks like a Cavoodle to me, with dominant Poodle genes. They can be very small, or grow to larger than this pup is. Ally ... more
- Mandi on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' Get over it and look after the dog it deserves a good life omg humans! more
- Peggy on Police probe school chook killing What is this need to decapitate anything with some people?I guess it might be training for future "tourists" to the middle ... more
- Frank from Frankston on Police probe school chook killing This may be the work of foxes as they are notorious for killing and biting off the heads of all the chickens in a coop, if ... more
- Michelle on Bike thieves caught on CCTV So hope these thieves are caught! more
- Lukew on Bike thieves caught on CCTV So you can be filmed knocking off a motor bike and nothing can be done but pity help you if you do 44kmh in a 40kmh zone. more
- Mike on 'I'd grab the bastard' Considering Abbott is still saying that Russian backed rebels were behind MH17 despite all evidence to the contrary and the ... more
- Robbie on 'I'd grab the bastard' A civilian passenger plane, at high altitude, sqawking a civilian ident code is shot down by a missile fired from a Rushian ... more
- Lucy Richards on Surely this can't be a mini poodle! Please don't accept this pet shop excuse. If I was you I would not accept this, I would tell them that I will go on social ... more
- Keith on 'I'd grab the bastard' This guy is defiantly on the money. If Australia wants to play on the world stage then it has to adopt a certain amount ... more
- Joyless on Surely this can't be a mini poodle! Whilst I am very sorry you didn't get what you asked and paid for & I'm annoyed at the attitude of the Pet shop, really, ... more
Tensions flare between Hockey and Shorten over Gillard's involvement in AWU scandal
A discussion on the Prime Minister Julia Gillard’s involvement in the AWU scandal between Shadow Treasurer Joe Hockey and Workplace Relations and Employment Minister Bill Shorten has evoked ire on the Neil Mitchell program.
Mr Shorten challenged Mr Hockey on his claim that the Prime Minister has not been telling the truth over her involvement in the Australian Workers’ Union ‘slush fund’.
"New evidence is emerging that suggests that the Prime Minister hasn't been telling the truth,” Mr Hockey said.
"Not just not telling the truth 17 year ago, telling the truth now and telling the truth in answer to questions in parliament.”
Mr Hockey later watered down his comments, qualifying that the question of Ms Gillard not telling to truth ‘may appear to be the case’.
This prompted the following exchange between Mr Shorten and Mr Hockey:
Bill Shorten MP: "Joe, that's a serious allegation you're making. Are you saying on 3AW with no parliamentary privilege and immunity, are you saying that the Prime Minister has lied to parliament about her engagement in any illegal activities which other people are alleging? That’s a yes or a no."
Joe Hockey MP: "You'll see our reaction in parliament next week."
Bill Shorten MP: "What you're not willing to do is back up your first comment."
Mr Shorten then claimed Mr Hockey was trying to avoid a law suit by backing down from potentially defamatory comments against the Prime Minister.
"Joe said that the PM had misled, then he backed away from that, ran up the white flag and chucked the car into reverse," he said.
"Why won't you say it when there's no parliament to protect you."
LISTEN: Joe Hockey MP and Bill Shorten MP on the Neil Mitchell program:
So, Bill Shorten said that it doesn't matter what happened 20 years ago and Ju-Liar says it doesn't matter what happened 17 years ago. Obviously they do not support the apology given by KRudd over the decades old 'Stolen Generation' issue, nor do they think ANZAC Day or Remembrance Day matter. After all, didn't they all happened decades ago? I hope they do not celebrate Christmas either.
I can just imagine Ju-Liars speech after she gets smacked in the next election..."The Australian public are ALL sexist...!!!"
She says she has done nothing wrong. She ain't done anything right either!
She also said "Mr Blewitt, according to people who know him, has been described as a complete imbecile, an idiot, a stooge, a sexist pig, a liar, and his sister has said he's a crook, and rotten to the core. His word against mine. Make your mind up."
I have already...and he sounds far more credible than you do, Ju-Liar!!!Kraig Tuesday 27 November, 2012 - 11:34 AM
I dont really care about julia gillard she lost me a long time ago she could have been a great leader if she had waited her turn.. AND showed loyalty to RUDD.. This carbon tax is no good we have a lot of coal in Australia what we should have done was go bio fuels for our cars that would have a mad a megar differnce..marie Monday 26 November, 2012 - 7:32 PM
I would have voted for Kevin Rudd but not julia gillard if she had not formed government with the greens and independents and had the guts to say No and not make deals I would voted for her again a good leader knows when to retreat not go for power at any cost..frank Monday 26 November, 2012 - 7:23 PM
I listened to the interveiw and thought that NEIL WILLIAMS was a bit slow on the up take not asking BILL SHORTEN why he fed JULIA GILLARD to the wolves by stating on national tv ,THAT THE SLUSH FUND WAS INAPPROPRITE, and ilegal?Didn't Neil want to ask that?robynne morton Saturday 24 November, 2012 - 9:09 AM
Bill Shorten said that it doesn't matter what happened 20 years ago, she's the PM and what she does now is all that matters.What a tool! I will never vote Labor but if you want a chance of winning the next election get rid of her. On second thought keep her.Marjonnat Saturday 24 November, 2012 - 1:42 AM
Mr Shorten is trying to defend the indefensible. The woman was a lawyer. A first year law student would have been aware of the importance of checking facts. she was incompetent. she still is.brenda Friday 23 November, 2012 - 10:52 PM