- 'I feel like I've earned this'
- Ron Iddles: 'This could actually save lives'
- Footscray surgeon's 'miracle' recovery
- Shooting star Laetisha Scanlan with Neil Mitchell
- Newsreader gaffe: Who am I again?
- Neil Mitchell concedes defeat on speed camera questions
- WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full responsibility for 'dirty mess'
- 'He was left lying in a pool of blood'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- IBARKER on Ron Iddles: 'This could actually save ... This is not only a man V women it can happen the other way. more
- Milton on Ron Iddles: 'This could actually save ... Why wait for 3 breaches, why not 2 or possibly just 1? more
- Steve on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... How can this man expect anybody to believe such rubbish? Recording a private conversation is legal as long as it is not ... more
- Joe Garra on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Why did they destroy someone else's property?? more
- Eric on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... What a beat up,who cares it is of no importance in the running of the State. Just another example of Neil Mitchell making a ... more
- poppitt on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... It appears Mr Andrews likes to call other politicians out for lying, cheating, stealing, but when it comes to members of his ... more
- Vallipuram on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... so it is ok to vandalise someone elses property As leader of opposition you accept responsibility for vandalism of property ... more
- Dallas on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Peter dalglish forget about tying to find the State Labor website on-line the way you spell you'll end up at a maternity ... more
- Stephen on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Oh and Mr Andrews the property was not yours to destroy!! So theft and criminal damage! The potential charges grow!! more
- Marko on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... I'd like to know why no police charges have been laid against Daniel Andrews, Kosmos Samaras, etc? When I was a cop it was ... more
- Bruce on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Mr Andrews still did not take responsibility!He repeatedly stated "It is my responsibility to get to the bottom of it"He ... more
- Bob on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Dead man walking, Mr Andrews. You expect us to believe that all those around you knew about the tape, what was on it, copied ... more
- Kate on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Interesting comment he makes in the second half of the tape at 8.07 - "I first heard this and I am not entirely sure I have ... more
- Fred on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Someone needs to teach Andrews the definition of theft. Only then will he understand what a 'thief' is. Mealy mouthed ... more
- bc on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... poor baby huey andrews the carnival is over .One thing there are grubs on all sides grubby guy is after napthines job.Fancy ... more
- Peter dalglish on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Daniels Andrews connected with unions federal opposition leader connected with unions, see a pattern happening here.Now to ... more
- Big Al on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... I have no faith or respect for any of our politicians. They are all devious and incompetent. Most people I speak to are ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Woman disgusted over 'death' plate This is unforgivable. The driver of this vehicle should be exposed so we can see who he really is. He should not be allowed ... more
- IBARKER on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Poppitt ?? Where are you for out thou. more
- Liz on Work for the dole 'unfair' on jobseekers If they stop sending all our jobs overseas. There would be plenty avail.If they leave call centre jobs in Australia there ... more
The Prime Minister needs to explain the $5000
Julia Gillard must deal with this. She has many questions to answer about her time as a lawyer.
She has answered some questions, true, but since then, many more have emerged and she refuses to answer them.
She says she has addressed it, but she hasn’t – not fully.
She says she has done nothing wrong, fair enough, but the detail must be addressed and this needs to be addressed now.
Today The Australian newspaper has new evidence on the ‘slush fund’ controversy. A slush fund set up by then then-boyfriend, a crooked union official, taking money.
It is now claimed that in 1995 $5,000 in cash was put in Julia Gillard’s personal bank account at the direction of that boyfriend, Bruce Wilson, the dodgy official who was ripping off the union.
Now, there may have been good reason for that, it may have been legitimate. Maybe he owed it to her – who knows? But the Prime Minister needs to explain it.
$5,000 was a lot of money nearly twenty years ago; she would have noticed and she must have known. Was she owed it? Why?
A former union employee called Wayne Hem has sworn a statement to The Australian about this. And the paper has the diary of a very credible witness, Ian Cambridge, who was then a union official and now a Commissioner for Fair Work Australia.
The union official told him about it in 1996. He put it in his diary. The paper has the diary.
Wayne Hem says Bruce Wilson gave him the money in $50 notes and he said he put it into Julia Gillard’s account.
Mr Hem knew only that Gillard was a solicitor; Nobody had any idea she would end up as Prime Minister.
So there was no ugly motivation here from Wayne Hem or Ian Cambridge.
He says Wilson had been to the Casino and had a lot of cash. That in itself should ring alarm bells.
Now in fairness, I repeat, Julia Gillard says she has done nothing wrong. There may be an explanation here, but it is another question.
There are also questions about what she knew, when, and why authorities weren’t notified.
The point is this: the Prime Minister continues to say she has done nothing wrong - that may be right. She says she has answered all questions – that is not right.
Much more has come out since she last spoke about this. It goes to her credibility. Not just at the time of this, but now, today. That is why she must answer.
GILLARD & AWU SCANDAL: Political cartoonist Larry Pickering has caused a stir with his soap opera-type stories which Derryn Hinch has described as akin to ‘Days of Our Lives’, forecasting the end of Prime Minister Julia Gillard.
Good point Sophie - Where were the statements sent, if there's nothing to hide let the recipient show the records. PS in this electronic age I don't believe COM banks records have been destroyed these cheques would have been electronically imaged and would be in archives so stop the delays Julia lets see the facts!!!Robbo Friday 30 November, 2012 - 5:55 PM
My judgement of this PM and her government as a working man is simple. Last year i got a tax rebate this year I had to pay them money! No big bonuses, no big pay rises yet I'm over $2000 worse off. Thats before i take into account any rises in my bills!! You've lost my vote!!Stephen Friday 16 November, 2012 - 12:21 PM
@mylene, it is hard to understand why you follow 3AW as you obviously hate all the presenters and the stories that they speak about. Is it only so that you can make adverse comments? Please tell what the :p after all you comments is representive of!Willow Friday 16 November, 2012 - 11:46 AM
Interesting timesGlenn Ashley Thexton Friday 16 November, 2012 - 11:29 AM
What's the matter Mylene, is the stench coming from the Labor party starting to panic you, yes you had better frantically look around for some-one else to blame eh? that's the way to go, keep the blinkers onJan Friday 16 November, 2012 - 11:26 AM
If the Prime Minister has nothing to hide - let her produce bank records. The electorate are entitled to know - after all, wasn't transparent government promised by her at the last election? Looks like we were dudded.sophie Thursday 15 November, 2012 - 7:10 PM