- Hackers target webcams
- Keep on holding on
- 'I don't deserve this'
- Car park rip-off
- Photo: Cane toad in Melbourne?
- Shrine shadow building approved
- From the steps of Parliament
- Is this Xmas tree worth $1m?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Heather on 'I don't deserve this' Unbelievable!!! This story has just decided my vote! Thank you Louise for your service (ditto to all other paramedics) and ... more
- Anna Brown on 'I don't deserve this' Louise is an incredibly hard working & dedicated paramedic. Paramedics work long hours in what r often traumatic & ... more
- IBARKER on 'I don't deserve this' Wear the uniform ?? but not your political "VIEWS""" more
- Lukew on 'I don't deserve this' The ambulance service should not be political and I think the disciplinary action for using the uniform to promote a ... more
- David on 'I don't deserve this' They were offered the same deal they said Labor offered and they would accept.. This is another example of Union thugs ... more
- Peggy on 'I don't deserve this' If she wants to make it personal then she should protest. Even if in uniform she can protest but to represent her employer ... more
- The quiet 'medic on 'I don't deserve this' Not mentioned here is that wearing our uniform for union actions outside of work is covered under protected industrial ... more
- Mark Cornford on 'I don't deserve this' It's getting to the stage that the Ambo's will soon ask if you are Liberal or Labour and if you are not what they support ... more
- Kylie on 'I don't deserve this' This gives one some insight into the bullying culture ambos cop under Ambulance Victoria. They treat ambos like utter ... more
- Kris on 'I don't deserve this' Yeah it seems pathetic but if it is policy you knew about it and you broke the rules then you should get punished for it. more
- Angry Ambo on 'I don't deserve this' This is yet another example of Ambulance Victoria's adversarial management approach toward their employees. They ... more
- John Karmouche on From the steps of Parliament Thank you Neil for allowing the VMC to put forward its argument for Lane Filtering. The facts are - every motorcycle rider ... more
- andy on Is this Xmas tree worth $1m? not worth a $ more
- David R on Is this Xmas tree worth $1m? Ahhh the easy way to riches .... a government contract!!! more
- Mick on Is this Xmas tree worth $1m? Wait till its lit up at night, it will be worth it. People will drive from Melbourne to see it. more
- Gloss on Is this Xmas tree worth $1m? If it lights up at night it would be awesome! more
- Nick on Is this Xmas tree worth $1m? Christine, I don't know her personally but I doubt Sally is responsible for Geelong being in the situation it's in ... more
- Brad on Is this Xmas tree worth $1m? I see it as a beacon for the greater Geelong area. As the tourists flock through over the Christmas period hopefully a few ... more
- Bugs54 on Is this Xmas tree worth $1m? This is how Lord Mayor Paparazzi went bankrupt in England and he will do the same to Geelong. more
- Frank on Is this Xmas tree worth $1m? Mr Squiggle's Rocket. more
The Prime Minister needs to explain the $5000
Julia Gillard must deal with this. She has many questions to answer about her time as a lawyer.
She has answered some questions, true, but since then, many more have emerged and she refuses to answer them.
She says she has addressed it, but she hasn’t – not fully.
She says she has done nothing wrong, fair enough, but the detail must be addressed and this needs to be addressed now.
Today The Australian newspaper has new evidence on the ‘slush fund’ controversy. A slush fund set up by then then-boyfriend, a crooked union official, taking money.
It is now claimed that in 1995 $5,000 in cash was put in Julia Gillard’s personal bank account at the direction of that boyfriend, Bruce Wilson, the dodgy official who was ripping off the union.
Now, there may have been good reason for that, it may have been legitimate. Maybe he owed it to her – who knows? But the Prime Minister needs to explain it.
$5,000 was a lot of money nearly twenty years ago; she would have noticed and she must have known. Was she owed it? Why?
A former union employee called Wayne Hem has sworn a statement to The Australian about this. And the paper has the diary of a very credible witness, Ian Cambridge, who was then a union official and now a Commissioner for Fair Work Australia.
The union official told him about it in 1996. He put it in his diary. The paper has the diary.
Wayne Hem says Bruce Wilson gave him the money in $50 notes and he said he put it into Julia Gillard’s account.
Mr Hem knew only that Gillard was a solicitor; Nobody had any idea she would end up as Prime Minister.
So there was no ugly motivation here from Wayne Hem or Ian Cambridge.
He says Wilson had been to the Casino and had a lot of cash. That in itself should ring alarm bells.
Now in fairness, I repeat, Julia Gillard says she has done nothing wrong. There may be an explanation here, but it is another question.
There are also questions about what she knew, when, and why authorities weren’t notified.
The point is this: the Prime Minister continues to say she has done nothing wrong - that may be right. She says she has answered all questions – that is not right.
Much more has come out since she last spoke about this. It goes to her credibility. Not just at the time of this, but now, today. That is why she must answer.
GILLARD & AWU SCANDAL: Political cartoonist Larry Pickering has caused a stir with his soap opera-type stories which Derryn Hinch has described as akin to ‘Days of Our Lives’, forecasting the end of Prime Minister Julia Gillard.
Good point Sophie - Where were the statements sent, if there's nothing to hide let the recipient show the records. PS in this electronic age I don't believe COM banks records have been destroyed these cheques would have been electronically imaged and would be in archives so stop the delays Julia lets see the facts!!!Robbo Friday 30 November, 2012 - 5:55 PM
My judgement of this PM and her government as a working man is simple. Last year i got a tax rebate this year I had to pay them money! No big bonuses, no big pay rises yet I'm over $2000 worse off. Thats before i take into account any rises in my bills!! You've lost my vote!!Stephen Friday 16 November, 2012 - 12:21 PM
@mylene, it is hard to understand why you follow 3AW as you obviously hate all the presenters and the stories that they speak about. Is it only so that you can make adverse comments? Please tell what the :p after all you comments is representive of!Willow Friday 16 November, 2012 - 11:46 AM
Interesting timesGlenn Ashley Thexton Friday 16 November, 2012 - 11:29 AM
What's the matter Mylene, is the stench coming from the Labor party starting to panic you, yes you had better frantically look around for some-one else to blame eh? that's the way to go, keep the blinkers onJan Friday 16 November, 2012 - 11:26 AM
If the Prime Minister has nothing to hide - let her produce bank records. The electorate are entitled to know - after all, wasn't transparent government promised by her at the last election? Looks like we were dudded.sophie Thursday 15 November, 2012 - 7:10 PM