- Brave victims snap attackers
- The art of AFL drafting
- Catherine Andrews: The woman behind the man
- Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking
- So, we like, don't like these words
- 'The results are amazing'
- Andrews attacks 'desperate' government
- Calls to legalise marijuana
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Mike Genge on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The guy who shot this film needs a life, The poilce are hard working and are under pressure regardless where he parks to ... more
- Suzanne Bowtell on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Policemans actions are perhaps not a good luck. But what an arrogant, disrespectful twit the antagonistic filmer is. He's ... more
- garry robinson on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking This clown is nothing but a smartarse. Lack of respect is this county's biggest problem. Is the rear window open on the car ... more
- andy on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking This guy filming has some balls to talk this way to an officer to begin with, this is the trouble their is no respect for ... more
- Noel Hynes on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking To the person who recorded this video. "You are a complete and utter KNOB... "Wake up to yourself"... and "Show some respect ... more
- Joy tanti on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking I have no problem with this officer parking there as he is on duty at all times so if he got the call the car is there next ... more
- Dave on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Give us a break moron. Hardest job in the world, smart Alec's always filming everything cops do 24/7. Ten years ago the fool ... more
- ramin on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Keep up the good work guys, what I see here is police out being human and interacting with the community and at the same ... more
- Mariah on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Cudos to the guy ratting out that police officer. He is NOT above the law. He should be setting an example!! He should be ... more
- David Blackburn on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The guy filming that is a loser.He'd have something to say if he needed urgent police attention and they'd parked their car ... more
- Wayne on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Stupid guy. the officer needs to eat& be as close to his car as possible incase he needs to move quickly to save you're life! more
- Dennis Henry on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The policeman is a First Constable - not a Constable. The person behind the camera is an idiot not anyone of note. I ... more
- Stephen on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Cop parked illegal, that's wrong.Videographer filmed policeman (or anyone for that matter) in a public place, totally ... more
- Justin on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The tool behind the filming needs to get a life more
- Colin Lacivita on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking I agree 100% with the other comments. The Police are allowed to park anywhere. He is having lunch and the sooner he is back ... more
- Kris on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The fool with the camera should do his homework as its the council that fines you for parking in no standing zones not the ... more
- Darrell Gascoyne on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking As far as I am concerned I would be delighted an officer was there showing a visible presence, as a shop owner I would ... more
- Brendan on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Total Disrespect for the officer . Everyone is in favour of additional police presence on our streets and police should be ... more
- Guy Pearson on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking If they are allowed to do it, it's not "illegally parked"As long as they are safely parked I don't have a problem with ... more
- IGNATIUS on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking I would have not noticed the illegal parking because it is police officer.The dumb bugger who videoed this is a nutbag. more
The Prime Minister needs to explain the $5000
Julia Gillard must deal with this. She has many questions to answer about her time as a lawyer.
She has answered some questions, true, but since then, many more have emerged and she refuses to answer them.
She says she has addressed it, but she hasn’t – not fully.
She says she has done nothing wrong, fair enough, but the detail must be addressed and this needs to be addressed now.
Today The Australian newspaper has new evidence on the ‘slush fund’ controversy. A slush fund set up by then then-boyfriend, a crooked union official, taking money.
It is now claimed that in 1995 $5,000 in cash was put in Julia Gillard’s personal bank account at the direction of that boyfriend, Bruce Wilson, the dodgy official who was ripping off the union.
Now, there may have been good reason for that, it may have been legitimate. Maybe he owed it to her – who knows? But the Prime Minister needs to explain it.
$5,000 was a lot of money nearly twenty years ago; she would have noticed and she must have known. Was she owed it? Why?
A former union employee called Wayne Hem has sworn a statement to The Australian about this. And the paper has the diary of a very credible witness, Ian Cambridge, who was then a union official and now a Commissioner for Fair Work Australia.
The union official told him about it in 1996. He put it in his diary. The paper has the diary.
Wayne Hem says Bruce Wilson gave him the money in $50 notes and he said he put it into Julia Gillard’s account.
Mr Hem knew only that Gillard was a solicitor; Nobody had any idea she would end up as Prime Minister.
So there was no ugly motivation here from Wayne Hem or Ian Cambridge.
He says Wilson had been to the Casino and had a lot of cash. That in itself should ring alarm bells.
Now in fairness, I repeat, Julia Gillard says she has done nothing wrong. There may be an explanation here, but it is another question.
There are also questions about what she knew, when, and why authorities weren’t notified.
The point is this: the Prime Minister continues to say she has done nothing wrong - that may be right. She says she has answered all questions – that is not right.
Much more has come out since she last spoke about this. It goes to her credibility. Not just at the time of this, but now, today. That is why she must answer.
GILLARD & AWU SCANDAL: Political cartoonist Larry Pickering has caused a stir with his soap opera-type stories which Derryn Hinch has described as akin to ‘Days of Our Lives’, forecasting the end of Prime Minister Julia Gillard.
Good point Sophie - Where were the statements sent, if there's nothing to hide let the recipient show the records. PS in this electronic age I don't believe COM banks records have been destroyed these cheques would have been electronically imaged and would be in archives so stop the delays Julia lets see the facts!!!Robbo Friday 30 November, 2012 - 5:55 PM
My judgement of this PM and her government as a working man is simple. Last year i got a tax rebate this year I had to pay them money! No big bonuses, no big pay rises yet I'm over $2000 worse off. Thats before i take into account any rises in my bills!! You've lost my vote!!Stephen Friday 16 November, 2012 - 12:21 PM
@mylene, it is hard to understand why you follow 3AW as you obviously hate all the presenters and the stories that they speak about. Is it only so that you can make adverse comments? Please tell what the :p after all you comments is representive of!Willow Friday 16 November, 2012 - 11:46 AM
Interesting timesGlenn Ashley Thexton Friday 16 November, 2012 - 11:29 AM
What's the matter Mylene, is the stench coming from the Labor party starting to panic you, yes you had better frantically look around for some-one else to blame eh? that's the way to go, keep the blinkers onJan Friday 16 November, 2012 - 11:26 AM
If the Prime Minister has nothing to hide - let her produce bank records. The electorate are entitled to know - after all, wasn't transparent government promised by her at the last election? Looks like we were dudded.sophie Thursday 15 November, 2012 - 7:10 PM