- ASADA interviews 'stressful' for Essendon players: Demetriou
- Napthine announces taskfore to deal with Ford job losses
- Neil Mitchell reflects on the late Hazel Hawke
- Neil Mitchell and Jeff Kennett argue penalty rates
- Franklin hung out to dry: Kennett
- Suspend Buddy Franklin for a month: Neil Mitchell
- EXCLUSIVE: Ford is pulling out of Australia
- The King Kong stunt that terrified Neil Mitchell
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kelly on Leaked memo: Ticket inspector ... Neil is getting TRAIN ticket inspectors CONFUSED with YARRA tram ticket inspectors.Different kettle of fish Neil! more
- Gazza on Neil Mitchell and Jeff Kennett argue ... Why should workers accept less so the owners can make more money.its the liberal way ...... more
- bc on Napthine announces taskfore to deal ... Napthine is only going down to geelong to have his photo taken when the doors close you will see and hear from nobody more
- fay silk on Franklin hung out to dry: Kennett My heroes are the workers at Ford or the CFMEU not this idiot. Football is boring. more
- fay silk on Neil Mitchell and Jeff Kennett argue ... Jeff gets $16,000 a week to be in charge of Beyond Blue. What would that globalist operative know about penalty rates. As ... more
- fay silk on Napthine announces taskfore to deal ... This is Agenda 21 the deliberate de industrialization of the west. It was planned back at the Rio earth summit. Ford will go ... more
- fay silk on Father demands answers after five year ... Why use a photo of an American bus. Lazy reporting. Glad the little kid is ok. more
- Harry Brown on Napthine announces taskfore to deal ... I have to pay $50k pa to state gov in Payroll Tax for the privilege of employing 15 people.You rip me off and hand out cash ... more
- JamesD on Neil Mitchell reflects on the late ... Good tribute from N Mitchell. Hazel had a lot to put up with - a very difficult man to stay with for that long. more
- MaryEmelda on Married Catholic priest excommunicated ... He is not Priest or Father he is Mr. Lee, and he should not mess with Church Docrime. If he wanted to get married, he should ... more
- Gloria on Neil Mitchell reflects on the late ... I hated (and still hate) Bob Hawke for the way he treated this wonderful lady but was angry with Hazel for sticking with him ... more
- Kirky on EXCLUSIVE: Ford is pulling out of ... PJ said it all and he should be commended. His picture of the state of this country is what we the real people can notice ... more
- unreal choices on EXCLUSIVE: Ford is pulling out of ... Gen x again..again..and again, always buying/promoting non- Australian productstccch tcchGrandma could have sat for half an ... more
- Phil on Surely they can't be serious Hello Neil,with everything going on with Ford and manufacturing will this mean this state government will rethink the new ... more
- Jillian on Suspend Buddy Franklin for a month: ... It's only human to find that you have made a quote only to regret it and would like to take it all back later...If Buddy was ... more
- Kate on EXCLUSIVE: Ford is pulling out of ... As far as manufacturing goes you only have to go into one of the big chain stores to see that there is a problem. Went into ... more
- Gayle M on EXCLUSIVE: Ford is pulling out of ... Nobody in the real world is surprised by what has happened here. Unfortunately Australia cannot afford to keep propping up ... more
- Stephen on EXCLUSIVE: Ford is pulling out of ... Mylene the reason this car company is closing is due to greedy union driven conditions and pay claims. Making a Ford made ... more
- Jillian on EXCLUSIVE: Ford is pulling out of ... The Footy Show sponsored by the great Nissan, Australian Tennis Open sponsored by our friends at Kia, Toyota proud sponsors ... more
- Jillian on Neil Mitchell reflects on the late ... What a beautiful priceless woman, who well could have had all the special qualities of the first successful woman ... more
The Prime Minister needs to explain the $5000
Julia Gillard must deal with this. She has many questions to answer about her time as a lawyer.
She has answered some questions, true, but since then, many more have emerged and she refuses to answer them.
She says she has addressed it, but she hasn’t – not fully.
She says she has done nothing wrong, fair enough, but the detail must be addressed and this needs to be addressed now.
Today The Australian newspaper has new evidence on the ‘slush fund’ controversy. A slush fund set up by then then-boyfriend, a crooked union official, taking money.
It is now claimed that in 1995 $5,000 in cash was put in Julia Gillard’s personal bank account at the direction of that boyfriend, Bruce Wilson, the dodgy official who was ripping off the union.
Now, there may have been good reason for that, it may have been legitimate. Maybe he owed it to her – who knows? But the Prime Minister needs to explain it.
$5,000 was a lot of money nearly twenty years ago; she would have noticed and she must have known. Was she owed it? Why?
A former union employee called Wayne Hem has sworn a statement to The Australian about this. And the paper has the diary of a very credible witness, Ian Cambridge, who was then a union official and now a Commissioner for Fair Work Australia.
The union official told him about it in 1996. He put it in his diary. The paper has the diary.
Wayne Hem says Bruce Wilson gave him the money in $50 notes and he said he put it into Julia Gillard’s account.
Mr Hem knew only that Gillard was a solicitor; Nobody had any idea she would end up as Prime Minister.
So there was no ugly motivation here from Wayne Hem or Ian Cambridge.
He says Wilson had been to the Casino and had a lot of cash. That in itself should ring alarm bells.
Now in fairness, I repeat, Julia Gillard says she has done nothing wrong. There may be an explanation here, but it is another question.
There are also questions about what she knew, when, and why authorities weren’t notified.
The point is this: the Prime Minister continues to say she has done nothing wrong - that may be right. She says she has answered all questions – that is not right.
Much more has come out since she last spoke about this. It goes to her credibility. Not just at the time of this, but now, today. That is why she must answer.
GILLARD & AWU SCANDAL: Political cartoonist Larry Pickering has caused a stir with his soap opera-type stories which Derryn Hinch has described as akin to ‘Days of Our Lives’, forecasting the end of Prime Minister Julia Gillard.
Good point Sophie - Where were the statements sent, if there's nothing to hide let the recipient show the records. PS in this electronic age I don't believe COM banks records have been destroyed these cheques would have been electronically imaged and would be in archives so stop the delays Julia lets see the facts!!!Robbo Friday 30 November, 2012 - 5:55 PM
My judgement of this PM and her government as a working man is simple. Last year i got a tax rebate this year I had to pay them money! No big bonuses, no big pay rises yet I'm over $2000 worse off. Thats before i take into account any rises in my bills!! You've lost my vote!!Stephen Friday 16 November, 2012 - 12:21 PM
@mylene, it is hard to understand why you follow 3AW as you obviously hate all the presenters and the stories that they speak about. Is it only so that you can make adverse comments? Please tell what the :p after all you comments is representive of!Willow Friday 16 November, 2012 - 11:46 AM
Interesting timesGlenn Ashley Thexton Friday 16 November, 2012 - 11:29 AM
What's the matter Mylene, is the stench coming from the Labor party starting to panic you, yes you had better frantically look around for some-one else to blame eh? that's the way to go, keep the blinkers onJan Friday 16 November, 2012 - 11:26 AM
If the Prime Minister has nothing to hide - let her produce bank records. The electorate are entitled to know - after all, wasn't transparent government promised by her at the last election? Looks like we were dudded.sophie Thursday 15 November, 2012 - 7:10 PM