- Hird has made correct call: Former legal advisor
- 'No one in the system gets justice'
- Niqab is not a 'symbol of evil'
- Toilet-cleaning ban in CBD offices
- 'An unsettled China is unsettling for Australia'
- David Davis denies Greg Sassella dispute
- Plan B: 'We have no choice'
- The Leaning Tower of Stupidity
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Michelle on Toilet-cleaning ban in CBD offices Alas, I remember the day when our lovely cleaning ladies, wiped the desks weekly, cleaned the bathrooms properly, spot ... more
- Sarah M on 'An unsettled China is unsettling for ... Part of me is smiling and part of me is crying. The innocence of a child in stark contrast to the corruption of a country. ... more
- Gazza on Toilet-cleaning ban in CBD offices @debsWell why are people on the so called minimum wage not lining up to be cleaners?.because $24 ph is insulting for a ... more
- Karen on Toilet-cleaning ban in CBD offices Let's see = $24 an hour x 4hrs x 5 days = $479, ooops! my maths is not too good.I work 8 hours a day and get slightly less ... more
- LNoolan on 'An unsettled China is unsettling for ... Naaaa! Lazy bludgers are taking the square in Hong Kong just as they do here. Nasty contagious diease can only bring nasty ... more
- David R on Toilet-cleaning ban in CBD offices Thats close to the minimum wage factoring in casual rates and night shift loading. more
- michael on Toilet-cleaning ban in CBD offices Even toilets! What's next?The sewer system? Why not!Maybe then we will send the tourists to have a trip to the red dirt for ... more
- Julie Loncar. on 'An unsettled China is unsettling for ... This little girl sings a powerful message, not only for China, but for all of the world.The message is about people power. more
- binary-zero on Niqab is not a 'symbol of evil' As I muslim, I've repeatdely said this that Niqaab is not an Islamic thing - It's a cultural thing from Arab/Afghanistan ... more
- John Duff on 'An unsettled China is unsettling for ... Why don't we leave it to the Children like that to be the world leaders. us adults aren't doing a very good job more
- Debs on Toilet-cleaning ban in CBD offices $24 per hour??? That's not a bad rate. That's more than the minimum wage. I'm sure there are a lot of people working out ... more
- Linda Pettit on 'An unsettled China is unsettling for ... Lets hope that this songbird reaches the masses and that there is a peaceful acknowledgement that some things in China need ... more
- Edward on 'An unsettled China is unsettling for ... Well done as it doesn't hurt to let people know how others feel in these times more
- judy wilson on 'An unsettled China is unsettling for ... just beautiful more
- mylene on 'An unsettled China is unsettling for ... Tony Abbott hasn't mentioned Hong Kong yet. It's obviously not a very important story. :p more
- poppitt on Plan B: 'We have no choice' If you have debt you pay interest. The more debt the more interest. Why is it people do not want to pay the debt? Do they ... more
- Lukew on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... The attack on that poor Muslim woman was appalling and would be roundly detested by most people. However, the Moreland ... more
- brendon on 'Something needs to be done about this' total moron !!!!! more
- Frances on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... HOW ON EARTH WAS SOMEONE LIKE SUE BOLTON EVEN ELECTED INTO BECOMING COUNCILLOR??? MAKING MASSIVE ACCUSATIONS OF PEOPLE ... more
- PJ on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... Four things need to happen to solve the problem:1.The continued expansion and growing influence of ISIS/ISIL needs to be ... more
The Prime Minister needs to explain the $5000
Julia Gillard must deal with this. She has many questions to answer about her time as a lawyer.
She has answered some questions, true, but since then, many more have emerged and she refuses to answer them.
She says she has addressed it, but she hasn’t – not fully.
She says she has done nothing wrong, fair enough, but the detail must be addressed and this needs to be addressed now.
Today The Australian newspaper has new evidence on the ‘slush fund’ controversy. A slush fund set up by then then-boyfriend, a crooked union official, taking money.
It is now claimed that in 1995 $5,000 in cash was put in Julia Gillard’s personal bank account at the direction of that boyfriend, Bruce Wilson, the dodgy official who was ripping off the union.
Now, there may have been good reason for that, it may have been legitimate. Maybe he owed it to her – who knows? But the Prime Minister needs to explain it.
$5,000 was a lot of money nearly twenty years ago; she would have noticed and she must have known. Was she owed it? Why?
A former union employee called Wayne Hem has sworn a statement to The Australian about this. And the paper has the diary of a very credible witness, Ian Cambridge, who was then a union official and now a Commissioner for Fair Work Australia.
The union official told him about it in 1996. He put it in his diary. The paper has the diary.
Wayne Hem says Bruce Wilson gave him the money in $50 notes and he said he put it into Julia Gillard’s account.
Mr Hem knew only that Gillard was a solicitor; Nobody had any idea she would end up as Prime Minister.
So there was no ugly motivation here from Wayne Hem or Ian Cambridge.
He says Wilson had been to the Casino and had a lot of cash. That in itself should ring alarm bells.
Now in fairness, I repeat, Julia Gillard says she has done nothing wrong. There may be an explanation here, but it is another question.
There are also questions about what she knew, when, and why authorities weren’t notified.
The point is this: the Prime Minister continues to say she has done nothing wrong - that may be right. She says she has answered all questions – that is not right.
Much more has come out since she last spoke about this. It goes to her credibility. Not just at the time of this, but now, today. That is why she must answer.
GILLARD & AWU SCANDAL: Political cartoonist Larry Pickering has caused a stir with his soap opera-type stories which Derryn Hinch has described as akin to ‘Days of Our Lives’, forecasting the end of Prime Minister Julia Gillard.
Good point Sophie - Where were the statements sent, if there's nothing to hide let the recipient show the records. PS in this electronic age I don't believe COM banks records have been destroyed these cheques would have been electronically imaged and would be in archives so stop the delays Julia lets see the facts!!!Robbo Friday 30 November, 2012 - 5:55 PM
My judgement of this PM and her government as a working man is simple. Last year i got a tax rebate this year I had to pay them money! No big bonuses, no big pay rises yet I'm over $2000 worse off. Thats before i take into account any rises in my bills!! You've lost my vote!!Stephen Friday 16 November, 2012 - 12:21 PM
@mylene, it is hard to understand why you follow 3AW as you obviously hate all the presenters and the stories that they speak about. Is it only so that you can make adverse comments? Please tell what the :p after all you comments is representive of!Willow Friday 16 November, 2012 - 11:46 AM
Interesting timesGlenn Ashley Thexton Friday 16 November, 2012 - 11:29 AM
What's the matter Mylene, is the stench coming from the Labor party starting to panic you, yes you had better frantically look around for some-one else to blame eh? that's the way to go, keep the blinkers onJan Friday 16 November, 2012 - 11:26 AM
If the Prime Minister has nothing to hide - let her produce bank records. The electorate are entitled to know - after all, wasn't transparent government promised by her at the last election? Looks like we were dudded.sophie Thursday 15 November, 2012 - 7:10 PM