- NBN BS must stop: Turnbull
- 'Who's accountable for this mess?'
- Greenpeace Grinches: 'Outrageous' fake Santa video
- Boy suspended for kissing girl's hand
- 'Tania Hird is calling Andrew Demetriou a liar'
- Labor deal with Pies is 'ridiculous'
- 'Indian leaders must stand up for Australia'
- Father wants dog put down after attack
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Tony on 'Tania Hird is calling Andrew Demetriou ... I Agree Neil."a yearâ??s holiday on full pay."Where is the penalty in that?? more
- glenn on 'Tania Hird is calling Andrew Demetriou ... Gee you can see who the Essendon supporters are,why don't you all look outside your red and black bubble and admit that ... more
- Aditya on 'Indian leaders must stand up for ... As an Indian immigrant, this line resonates very strongly with me, "This is a fair country. It has some idiots, but mostly ... more
- Aditya on 'Indian leaders must stand up for ... As an Indian immigrant into this beautiful country, I absolutely agree with the above. In seven and a half years in ... more
- mandy on Boy suspended for kissing girl's hand Omg reporting a 6 yr old boy to police and the child being suspended this can't be true.Of course its America. more
- Peggy on Mum tells of Black Rock 'bike rage' ... So many cyclists here are complaining about bad drivers. I agree, there are a lot of bad drivers out there but there is one ... more
- mandy on 'Indian leaders must stand up for ... Australia has been extremely generous to Indians and other nationalitys and has given them every opportunity to enrich their ... more
- Martin Kelly on 'Tania Hird is calling Andrew Demetriou ... THis is what happens when people step outside the system.ASADA has a very legitimate role to play and the AFL does not.ASADA ... more
- Peggy on Father wants dog put down after attack Typical, people let dogs supervise their kids rather than them having to do it.Why is any child left alone with a dog? How ... more
- Sheldon on 'Tania Hird is calling Andrew Demetriou ... Why pick on Tania? Why not pick on Andrew for lying and misleading us? more
- JamesD on 'Tania Hird is calling Andrew Demetriou ... What was the AFL supposed to do? Let Essendon continue - play in finals -ignore everything. A negotiated settlement was ... more
- peter on 'Tania Hird is calling Andrew Demetriou ... Lovely stuff the tit for tat continues. All this shows is how incompetent the AFL are in the handling of this matter and ... more
- lawyer verbalising crap on Mum tells of Black Rock 'bike rage' ... Think sideways, even out of the square, JGL. So far all you have done in your mediocre efforts to contribute on a myriad of ... more
- Jester4212 on Smart Meter installer unleashes tirade @Roseagain. The SMART Meters communicate using low power RF electrical transmissions. Similar to that of your mobile ... more
- Jake on 'Tania Hird is calling Andrew Demetriou ... It is perfectly understandable why Tania is speaking out. Poor maligned James undoubtedly reached a soft deal with the AFL ... more
- Clarity on Labor deal with Pies is 'ridiculous' We are looking for a grant to purchase a property for the establishment of a refuge for victims of domestic violence. It is ... more
- colin on Smart Meter installer unleashes tirade I wonder what all the real advantages of having a smart meter are. Is there a documented list provided by the electricity ... more
- Gloria on 'Tania Hird is calling Andrew Demetriou ... If you believe that Hird had nothing to do with the EFC supplement experiment, whether they were banned drugs or not, you ... more
- Willow on 'Tania Hird is calling Andrew Demetriou ... Bulldust, Hird gaGged so the mIssus is now sticking up for him, as of course she would. Hird is complicit in an organised ... more
- Christine on 'Tania Hird is calling Andrew Demetriou ... Hold on Neil, the EFC has been gagged and bullied, good on his wife for speaking out. There are always 2 sides to the story ... more
The Prime Minister needs to explain the $5000
Julia Gillard must deal with this. She has many questions to answer about her time as a lawyer.
She has answered some questions, true, but since then, many more have emerged and she refuses to answer them.
She says she has addressed it, but she hasn’t – not fully.
She says she has done nothing wrong, fair enough, but the detail must be addressed and this needs to be addressed now.
Today The Australian newspaper has new evidence on the ‘slush fund’ controversy. A slush fund set up by then then-boyfriend, a crooked union official, taking money.
It is now claimed that in 1995 $5,000 in cash was put in Julia Gillard’s personal bank account at the direction of that boyfriend, Bruce Wilson, the dodgy official who was ripping off the union.
Now, there may have been good reason for that, it may have been legitimate. Maybe he owed it to her – who knows? But the Prime Minister needs to explain it.
$5,000 was a lot of money nearly twenty years ago; she would have noticed and she must have known. Was she owed it? Why?
A former union employee called Wayne Hem has sworn a statement to The Australian about this. And the paper has the diary of a very credible witness, Ian Cambridge, who was then a union official and now a Commissioner for Fair Work Australia.
The union official told him about it in 1996. He put it in his diary. The paper has the diary.
Wayne Hem says Bruce Wilson gave him the money in $50 notes and he said he put it into Julia Gillard’s account.
Mr Hem knew only that Gillard was a solicitor; Nobody had any idea she would end up as Prime Minister.
So there was no ugly motivation here from Wayne Hem or Ian Cambridge.
He says Wilson had been to the Casino and had a lot of cash. That in itself should ring alarm bells.
Now in fairness, I repeat, Julia Gillard says she has done nothing wrong. There may be an explanation here, but it is another question.
There are also questions about what she knew, when, and why authorities weren’t notified.
The point is this: the Prime Minister continues to say she has done nothing wrong - that may be right. She says she has answered all questions – that is not right.
Much more has come out since she last spoke about this. It goes to her credibility. Not just at the time of this, but now, today. That is why she must answer.
GILLARD & AWU SCANDAL: Political cartoonist Larry Pickering has caused a stir with his soap opera-type stories which Derryn Hinch has described as akin to ‘Days of Our Lives’, forecasting the end of Prime Minister Julia Gillard.
Good point Sophie - Where were the statements sent, if there's nothing to hide let the recipient show the records. PS in this electronic age I don't believe COM banks records have been destroyed these cheques would have been electronically imaged and would be in archives so stop the delays Julia lets see the facts!!!Robbo Friday 30 November, 2012 - 5:55 PM
My judgement of this PM and her government as a working man is simple. Last year i got a tax rebate this year I had to pay them money! No big bonuses, no big pay rises yet I'm over $2000 worse off. Thats before i take into account any rises in my bills!! You've lost my vote!!Stephen Friday 16 November, 2012 - 12:21 PM
@mylene, it is hard to understand why you follow 3AW as you obviously hate all the presenters and the stories that they speak about. Is it only so that you can make adverse comments? Please tell what the :p after all you comments is representive of!Willow Friday 16 November, 2012 - 11:46 AM
Interesting timesGlenn Ashley Thexton Friday 16 November, 2012 - 11:29 AM
What's the matter Mylene, is the stench coming from the Labor party starting to panic you, yes you had better frantically look around for some-one else to blame eh? that's the way to go, keep the blinkers onJan Friday 16 November, 2012 - 11:26 AM
If the Prime Minister has nothing to hide - let her produce bank records. The electorate are entitled to know - after all, wasn't transparent government promised by her at the last election? Looks like we were dudded.sophie Thursday 15 November, 2012 - 7:10 PM