- Racial abuse on the rise
- Why demean Gallipoli?
- 'Geoff Shaw should quit parliament'
- Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal with James Hird and Essendon
- 'The AFL and Essendon drug scandal is back'
- Mandate for Abbott?
- Fairfield station's new holding cell
- Zac Young's story to live on
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Gloria on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... Can't believe the vitriol levelled at Andrew, he is telling the truth and if Essendon or some benefactor is paying Hird he ... more
- CHRIS WATTS on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... DOES THIS 2 MILLION DOLLAR A YEAR MAN REALLY KNOW WHAT DAY IT IS more
- mylene on Why demean Gallipoli? Keating did really well in the ratings and was never out of the top 10. Maybe they could follow it up with Andrew Bolt ... more
- JamesD on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... Herald continues with banner headlines on AFL & Demetriou - during the year Fairfax seemed to know lot more about issue. Is ... more
- Robert Rich on 'The AFL and Essendon drug scandal is ... I believe if James Hird took the AFL to court he would have won what a joke sack Andrew more
- Maureen on 'Geoff Shaw should quit parliament' He was found NOT guilty of anything and has left plenty of egg on the face of Mitchell, the Herald Sun and feral Labor ... more
- Matthew on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... I wonder how Demetriou will cope in jail? Because that's what this is all about, he is facing a jail sentence if found ... more
- Jake on Why demean Gallipoli? Would anyone expect different of bagman Keating? more
- Jake on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... This is not about integrity and doing teh right thing. Rather it is about protecting the AFL brand and for Andrew ... more
- Jake on 'Geoff Shaw should quit parliament' That Shaw is a disgrace is not in question But I disagree that he should resign. Let the ballot box decide at the next ... more
- mylene on Mandate for Abbott? "One blue"?? He's tried to start conflict with both Indonesia and China and sent ASIO after Aussie lawyers. If the rest of ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Why demean Gallipoli? @Milton posting - yes an excellent comment indeed. Maybe we right thinking voters should have a Hall of Shame in the ... more
- Tim on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... So what's the threat tape that's been rumoured??I doubt Demetrio will survive this and he should take Wilson with him. more
- Albert chapman on Why demean Gallipoli? Neil Gallipoli is important in our history but not the "Birth of the Nation". I believe the event of December 1854 at Eureka ... more
- nat carr on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... If no Essendon player is stood down for taking illegal drugs then Essendon and the AFL have done the deal . more
- Greg on 'Geoff Shaw should quit parliament' Australia is far too lenient when it comes to Politicians indiscretions.That's why they all rort the system.When it comes to ... more
- Willow on Why demean Gallipoli? I have always detested Keating and believe that he and Hawke were/are both evil men. more
- Aaron on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... Gloria, more fool you if you believe Andrew D. AD is a criminal himself. more
- Aaron on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... Craig, this story has nothing to do with what Essendon may or may not have done. It has ALL to do with how dodgy the AFL ... more
- Samuel J on 'Geoff Shaw should quit parliament' This is but another glaring example of our foolhardy judicial system being off the rails and in urgent need of a complete ... more
These are the questions I believe Julia Gillard needs to answer
The Gillard government spin has reached a new level, and it is insulting stuff.
First, the government called in a magazine to interview the female ministers only, where they were asked questions about their sex drive amongst other things. Terrific.
Now, the first bloke Tim Mathieson has been trotted out for an interview and he sounds like the old-fashioned wife. If there was a male Prime Minister with his wife like this, there would be screams of outrage.
Tim gets up in the morning, does the Prime Minister’s hair and then sits on the couch watching TV. He regularly pours her bath when she gets home and brings her a cup of tea in the morning.
Imagine if Tony Abbott’s wife said that was how their relationship worked. He’d be portrayed as the old-fashioned sexist with the mousey little wife.
If it was a woman doing that for a man, he’d be sexist. But it is their business, not ours.
It is the spin that annoys me here. More spin. The government has gone out to sell it while the Prime Minister refuses to answer questions that must be answered.
I know this stuff about her solicitor is complex and I know she addressed some questions back in August, but this goes to the credibility of the Prime Minister.
More questions have come up and she refuses to answer them. Her party will force her to do it eventually, but she is dodging and looking bad.
She may have very good reasons and good answers for all the questions, but she cannot have a reason to refuse to answer.
She denies any wrongdoing at all. Fair enough, but yesterday again she refused to answer specific questions. That is not good politics, it looks bad.
So, what are the questions? These are the questions I believe Julia Gillard needs to answer. They have come up mostly through The Australian newspaper and other information that has come out from her former law firm Slater & Gordon.
Question One: In 1995, $5,000 in cash was reportedly paid into your private bank account by the now disgraced union official, Bruce Wilson. Is that correct? If so, why was the money paid?
Question Two: In 1995, you told Slater & Gordon the association you helped set up was in fact a ‘slush fund’ – not for the purposes it was claimed to exist. The union and the authorities did not discover that until 1996. Why did you not tell them when you found out? Was it not your obligation as a solicitor?
Question Three: In August this year you denied having any involvement in the ‘slush fund’ beyond its establishment, but the fund was used to buy a house in Fitzroy where Slater & Gordon says you handled the conveyancing. Is that correct?
Question Four: In 1995, you told Slater & Gordon you could not be sure the ‘slush fund’ didn’t pay for some renovations at your house. But in August this year, you said you were sure it had not. Why? What changed?
Fairly simple questions. We have sent them to the Prime Minister’s office. There are more and more will evolve.
She needs to answer them. To do otherwise damages her credibility and her party.
And the response from the Prime Minister's office?
Any suggestion the Prime Minister has not responded to these issues is false.
I refer you to the Prime Minister's previous comments on these matters, including in August, while overseas recently, and yesterday.
garry @ 802.... Find a new line.
going on about work choices every week shows you have nothing to offer.The Dean Monday 19 November, 2012 - 12:01 PM
@mandy - We must award you Most Gullible Blogger!Ivan@kinnane Sunday 18 November, 2012 - 4:29 PM
The treachery within this government is moving to another level , we are becoming communist.
The people's voice is not heard, dictatorship, deception , the order of the day. Gillard is not above the law, she must be held accountable, their is no respect left for this woman, she is a public servant . A servant of the people, this must not go unresolved, or we ultimately will pay the price.Susan Arcadipane Friday 16 November, 2012 - 10:31 PM
Jan what the hell is a troglodytesa??Please explain.mandy Friday 16 November, 2012 - 8:18 PM
the only question gillard needs to answer is,how long can you keep workchoices/abbott at bay and what can we do to help...garry Friday 16 November, 2012 - 8:02 PM
The Dean, What makes you think I have never met any liberals I worked at 2 Melbourne newspapers and met plenty, I also have been a taxpayer all my working life and that's been a long time and I'm proud to say I certainly don't hang out at centrelink you have some nerve you know nothing about me so how do you like those apples?mandy Friday 16 November, 2012 - 7:51 PM