- Should kids sit on Santa's lap?
- Cardiac scare at Melbourne hospital
- 'It always happens at this time of year'
- The Greens' role in Tony Abbott's new year resolution
- 'It's not a good look'
- Thieves target helpless veteran
- Have an extra merry Christmas, says Joe
- 'Insensitive' Lambie interrupts Hughes tributes
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Colin Lacivita on Dank set to spill beans at tribunal So Stephan Dank is finally ready to talk, that's only because ASADA is in a mess now and they are going to be thrown out of ... more
- poppitt on Dank set to spill beans at tribunal and if it does collapse they cant give Essendon back two seasons, but will they make a public apology to James Hird. Will ... more
- Pj on Tip-off: Abbott's $3b to stay in Vic Destined for Union boss pockets then more
- Christine on 'I have lots of things to build' Spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, that is Labor. EVERY time Labor is in they put the State finances into deficit, ... more
- Willow on 'I have lots of things to build' Yep @dee, the Unions will take hold and massive cost blowouts will occur such as was with the desal plant and Myki. THE ... more
- Joanne on 'I have lots of things to build' The East West link was estimated at $17 billion dollar. The West Link has been estimated at $10 billion.This is one of ... more
- Stephen on 'I have lots of things to build' So basically stuff all you hardworking people in the Western suburbs!!! more
- Gazza on 'I have lots of things to build' Great interview,Dan is the man.... more
- dee on 'I have lots of things to build' Lots of things to build with huge cost blowouts. Wait and see. more
- Mike Genge on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The guy who shot this film needs a life, The poilce are hard working and are under pressure regardless where he parks to ... more
- Suzanne Bowtell on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Policemans actions are perhaps not a good luck. But what an arrogant, disrespectful twit the antagonistic filmer is. He's ... more
- garry robinson on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking This clown is nothing but a smartarse. Lack of respect is this county's biggest problem. Is the rear window open on the car ... more
- andy on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking This guy filming has some balls to talk this way to an officer to begin with, this is the trouble their is no respect for ... more
- Noel Hynes on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking To the person who recorded this video. "You are a complete and utter KNOB... "Wake up to yourself"... and "Show some respect ... more
- Joy tanti on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking I have no problem with this officer parking there as he is on duty at all times so if he got the call the car is there next ... more
- Dave on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Give us a break moron. Hardest job in the world, smart Alec's always filming everything cops do 24/7. Ten years ago the fool ... more
- ramin on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Keep up the good work guys, what I see here is police out being human and interacting with the community and at the same ... more
- Mariah on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Cudos to the guy ratting out that police officer. He is NOT above the law. He should be setting an example!! He should be ... more
- David Blackburn on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The guy filming that is a loser.He'd have something to say if he needed urgent police attention and they'd parked their car ... more
- Wayne on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Stupid guy. the officer needs to eat& be as close to his car as possible incase he needs to move quickly to save you're life! more
These are the questions I believe Julia Gillard needs to answer
The Gillard government spin has reached a new level, and it is insulting stuff.
First, the government called in a magazine to interview the female ministers only, where they were asked questions about their sex drive amongst other things. Terrific.
Now, the first bloke Tim Mathieson has been trotted out for an interview and he sounds like the old-fashioned wife. If there was a male Prime Minister with his wife like this, there would be screams of outrage.
Tim gets up in the morning, does the Prime Minister’s hair and then sits on the couch watching TV. He regularly pours her bath when she gets home and brings her a cup of tea in the morning.
Imagine if Tony Abbott’s wife said that was how their relationship worked. He’d be portrayed as the old-fashioned sexist with the mousey little wife.
If it was a woman doing that for a man, he’d be sexist. But it is their business, not ours.
It is the spin that annoys me here. More spin. The government has gone out to sell it while the Prime Minister refuses to answer questions that must be answered.
I know this stuff about her solicitor is complex and I know she addressed some questions back in August, but this goes to the credibility of the Prime Minister.
More questions have come up and she refuses to answer them. Her party will force her to do it eventually, but she is dodging and looking bad.
She may have very good reasons and good answers for all the questions, but she cannot have a reason to refuse to answer.
She denies any wrongdoing at all. Fair enough, but yesterday again she refused to answer specific questions. That is not good politics, it looks bad.
So, what are the questions? These are the questions I believe Julia Gillard needs to answer. They have come up mostly through The Australian newspaper and other information that has come out from her former law firm Slater & Gordon.
Question One: In 1995, $5,000 in cash was reportedly paid into your private bank account by the now disgraced union official, Bruce Wilson. Is that correct? If so, why was the money paid?
Question Two: In 1995, you told Slater & Gordon the association you helped set up was in fact a ‘slush fund’ – not for the purposes it was claimed to exist. The union and the authorities did not discover that until 1996. Why did you not tell them when you found out? Was it not your obligation as a solicitor?
Question Three: In August this year you denied having any involvement in the ‘slush fund’ beyond its establishment, but the fund was used to buy a house in Fitzroy where Slater & Gordon says you handled the conveyancing. Is that correct?
Question Four: In 1995, you told Slater & Gordon you could not be sure the ‘slush fund’ didn’t pay for some renovations at your house. But in August this year, you said you were sure it had not. Why? What changed?
Fairly simple questions. We have sent them to the Prime Minister’s office. There are more and more will evolve.
She needs to answer them. To do otherwise damages her credibility and her party.
And the response from the Prime Minister's office?
Any suggestion the Prime Minister has not responded to these issues is false.
I refer you to the Prime Minister's previous comments on these matters, including in August, while overseas recently, and yesterday.
garry @ 802.... Find a new line.
going on about work choices every week shows you have nothing to offer.The Dean Monday 19 November, 2012 - 12:01 PM
@mandy - We must award you Most Gullible Blogger!Ivan@kinnane Sunday 18 November, 2012 - 4:29 PM
The treachery within this government is moving to another level , we are becoming communist.
The people's voice is not heard, dictatorship, deception , the order of the day. Gillard is not above the law, she must be held accountable, their is no respect left for this woman, she is a public servant . A servant of the people, this must not go unresolved, or we ultimately will pay the price.Susan Arcadipane Friday 16 November, 2012 - 10:31 PM
Jan what the hell is a troglodytesa??Please explain.mandy Friday 16 November, 2012 - 8:18 PM
the only question gillard needs to answer is,how long can you keep workchoices/abbott at bay and what can we do to help...garry Friday 16 November, 2012 - 8:02 PM
The Dean, What makes you think I have never met any liberals I worked at 2 Melbourne newspapers and met plenty, I also have been a taxpayer all my working life and that's been a long time and I'm proud to say I certainly don't hang out at centrelink you have some nerve you know nothing about me so how do you like those apples?mandy Friday 16 November, 2012 - 7:51 PM