- Should kids sit on Santa's lap?
- Cardiac scare at Melbourne hospital
- 'It always happens at this time of year'
- The Greens' role in Tony Abbott's new year resolution
- 'It's not a good look'
- Thieves target helpless veteran
- Have an extra merry Christmas, says Joe
- 'Insensitive' Lambie interrupts Hughes tributes
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Colin Lacivita on Dank set to spill beans at tribunal So Stephan Dank is finally ready to talk, that's only because ASADA is in a mess now and they are going to be thrown out of ... more
- poppitt on Dank set to spill beans at tribunal and if it does collapse they cant give Essendon back two seasons, but will they make a public apology to James Hird. Will ... more
- Pj on Tip-off: Abbott's $3b to stay in Vic Destined for Union boss pockets then more
- Christine on 'I have lots of things to build' Spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, that is Labor. EVERY time Labor is in they put the State finances into deficit, ... more
- Willow on 'I have lots of things to build' Yep @dee, the Unions will take hold and massive cost blowouts will occur such as was with the desal plant and Myki. THE ... more
- Joanne on 'I have lots of things to build' The East West link was estimated at $17 billion dollar. The West Link has been estimated at $10 billion.This is one of ... more
- Stephen on 'I have lots of things to build' So basically stuff all you hardworking people in the Western suburbs!!! more
- Gazza on 'I have lots of things to build' Great interview,Dan is the man.... more
- dee on 'I have lots of things to build' Lots of things to build with huge cost blowouts. Wait and see. more
- Mike Genge on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The guy who shot this film needs a life, The poilce are hard working and are under pressure regardless where he parks to ... more
- Suzanne Bowtell on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Policemans actions are perhaps not a good luck. But what an arrogant, disrespectful twit the antagonistic filmer is. He's ... more
- garry robinson on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking This clown is nothing but a smartarse. Lack of respect is this county's biggest problem. Is the rear window open on the car ... more
- andy on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking This guy filming has some balls to talk this way to an officer to begin with, this is the trouble their is no respect for ... more
- Noel Hynes on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking To the person who recorded this video. "You are a complete and utter KNOB... "Wake up to yourself"... and "Show some respect ... more
- Joy tanti on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking I have no problem with this officer parking there as he is on duty at all times so if he got the call the car is there next ... more
- Dave on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Give us a break moron. Hardest job in the world, smart Alec's always filming everything cops do 24/7. Ten years ago the fool ... more
- ramin on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Keep up the good work guys, what I see here is police out being human and interacting with the community and at the same ... more
- Mariah on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Cudos to the guy ratting out that police officer. He is NOT above the law. He should be setting an example!! He should be ... more
- David Blackburn on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking The guy filming that is a loser.He'd have something to say if he needed urgent police attention and they'd parked their car ... more
- Wayne on Cop filmed, taunted for illegal parking Stupid guy. the officer needs to eat& be as close to his car as possible incase he needs to move quickly to save you're life! more
Twitter the official method of communication
The world has changed and now Twitter is officially the method of communication.
Prince William and Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge, are having a baby and the news was announced on Twitter through Clarence House.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are expecting a baby - bit.ly/11GYnaj— Clarence House (@ClarenceHouse) December 3, 2012
It was officially announced by the Royal publicity machine on Twitter.
There are all sorts of implications to a Royal Baby; there always are. The pregnancy will be photographed inch-by-inch, once it arrives the baby will be turned out in ancient christening clothes, there will be huge church functions and services, and the law is being changed so, male or female, the child can be a monarch one day.
Kate and William are already popular, but this will add to it.
But the other change is the news was announced by the Palace on Twitter, and Twitter reacted. Richard Branson, even the Kardashians, sent messages through Twitter. There was a four-fold increase in the use of the words ‘Royal Baby’, and the international Twitter trend was ‘The Baby’.