- Child attacked by stranger in park
- Teenage pregnancy declining
- Teenage pregnancy declining
- Officers face misconduct hearing
- Offensive graffiti to be removed
- AFLPA fires back at ASADA
- 'I hope I never have to do it again'
- Why your digital TV cuts out
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- jgl Melb on 'Street culture mixed with Islamism' Why?you ask;Because that thing between the ears that allows the overwhelming majority of us to function normally and more ... more
- Christine on 'Street culture mixed with Islamism' Christ, everytime I turn on the TV it's Muslim this, Muslim that. What are they, the centre of the Universe? I don't think ... more
- Peggy on The angry and the bizarre: Radio ... Smells of corruption.What is even more strange is that Reeva's parents are satisfied with the sentence. Which parent would ... more
- King of Footscray on Paid parking approved for Yarraville Only fair and reasonable in my view, especially considering the reliance of paid parking revenue is currently heaped solely ... more
- Mik on Paid parking approved for Yarraville Its about time councils understand that they work for us, not the other way around. I dont actually think that council can ... more
- cChris watts on Paid parking approved for Yarraville why not get rid of all councils and just install an adminastratoerr..saves us all a small fortune more
- greg scott on Paid parking approved for Yarraville Madness.We do not need this 3rd level of government. more
- Peggy on Paid parking approved for Yarraville It's all about revenue raising so they have more money to give themselves payrises and nice trips around the world.Councils ... more
- Ursula Fajerman on 250 animals face death in bank action Wonderful news about the sanctuary. Thank you to the buyers and 3aw. This is the feel good news people need to wake up to. I ... more
- Catherine on Abbott not a 'mainstream world ... Who cares what the Russians says or believed they are morons like there leader and here in Australia they believe a ... more
- Stephen on 'It's a long rant. It's not banter' Oh lets not spend too much time on this he's an educated professor. Lets concentrate on removing Black from Baa Baa Black ... more
- Yank on Abbott not a 'mainstream world ... You should be proud to have a leader with guts. At least Abott's gotta pair we in the US are stuck with Mom Jeans as a ... more
- Andrea on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' I bought a puppy from Greg and when it started growing I too doubted the breed of my puppy was what I had purchased. So, I ... more
- Brenda Mentz on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' I have owned five miniature poodles and have no doubt this dog is part poodle. But the breed standard for miniature poodles ... more
- Lucy Richards on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' What utter crap this pet shop owner is talking, this dog would have come from a puppy farm. They work as he said on the ... more
- Colin Lacivita on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' How can you expect a dog not to grow and remain small. It's impossible. more
- Fran & Romeo on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' I think that was a poorly conducted interview if you invite people to speak on your show don't try to ridicule them I didn't ... more
- Toby Bushby on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' Looks like a Cavoodle to me, with dominant Poodle genes. They can be very small, or grow to larger than this pup is. Ally ... more
- Mandi on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' Get over it and look after the dog it deserves a good life omg humans! more
- Peggy on Police probe school chook killing What is this need to decapitate anything with some people?I guess it might be training for future "tourists" to the middle ... more
VC recipient Mark Donaldson speaks with Neil Mitchell
LISTEN BELOW: Corporal Mark Donaldson speaks with Neil Mitchell
Victoria Cross recipient Mark Donaldson granted Neil Mitchell a rare interview after being named the Patron-in-Chief for 'Soldier On'.
The organisation was launched a year ago by two serving diggers to help Aussies who have been wounded, physically or mentally, while serving their country.
It was announced on Thursday at a function at the Australian War Memorial in Canberra that Corporal Donaldson would take up the important role.
The VC recipient, who is still a serving member of the ADF, is back in Australia after receiving a gun-shot wound while on tour of Afghanistan.
"It was a minor gun-shot wound to the lower half of my body, but that's about all I can say about it at this stage,”
"Other than that I am alright, but I think of myself as one of the lucky ones, if it was left or right up or down a little bit more I might have been worse but it wasn’t so, like I said, I was one of the lucky ones" Donaldson told Neil Mitchell.
It's been a rough year for the VC recipient who also had to farewell his friend Sergeant Blaine Diddams who was killed in action in Afghanistan in early July.
"It was tragic, it is hard for the family and all our mates and everyone in the regiment, but we got to bring him home which was not only good for his mates but his direct family,"
"That’s the nature of the job but it doesn’t make it any easier"
Corporal Donaldson says his own experiences have inspired him to become involved in with 'Soldier On'.
"I look those guys that have been injured and they inspire me because they have wounds that are much much worse and more severe than what I’ve had,"
"Now I look at them and say 'You know what...I have no excuse'. I have no excuse because they have it a lot worse then me, and they can still go on and they can continue to go on and do great things,"
"It’s inspiring for me, and hopefully we can help them to inspire Australians" Corporal Donaldson said.
To find out more or donate to 'Soldier On' head to: http://soldieron.org.au/
Johno & his mates just dont understand do they.Johno your freedom to express your opinions publicly was fought for & hard won by generations of Mark Donaldsons. People who are willing to put their lives on the line for us. We love & admire you "Digger Donaldson".woja Sunday 7 October, 2012 - 8:06 PM
Mark Donaldson - professional soldier, humanitarian, great Australian! Keep up the good talk and the good walk -you do great work.
Great interview Neil - better than the usual BS and gossip!Jake Sunday 7 October, 2012 - 6:40 PM
I don't particularly admire what you do. Having said that, your professional deportment coupled with much gusto and a willingness to maintain the highest level of self betterment needs to be commended. See you in the media or standing for election in 15 years. Well done.Johno Friday 5 October, 2012 - 12:28 PM
Melissa & I say to Mark Donladson Yiu arec an inspiration to Australia.JASON & MELISSA FROM BORONIA & FERNTREE GULLY Friday 5 October, 2012 - 10:49 AM