- Playful seal salutes beachgoers
- 'This smells like a Napthine government rort'
- Cruel thieves swipe oxygen trolley
- 'We need to get tough on truckies'
- Hinch freed from jail sans beard
- Woman nearly dies after lack of labelling
- Melbourne's rail horror
- Beach rules are a dog's breakfast
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- wayne on Playful seal salutes beachgoers Wildlife officers should have been there to stop people getting to close, the elephant seal that was on a Perth beach ... more
- Mandi on Playful seal salutes beachgoers I couldn't agree more. more
- Angelo on Playful seal salutes beachgoers ^way to kill the mood!Great pics, great fun story more
- Greg on 'This smells like a Napthine government ... It's easy to stop the rort,don't play them. more
- Luke on Playful seal salutes beachgoers People are so clueless to what damage a wild seal can do to someone, particularly a child. But then many people are totally ... more
- ivan tipp on 'We need to get tough on truckies' Truckie bashing is GREAT for a few points Neil. But remember the driver of that small truck was a ratbag. more
- poppitt on Hinch freed from jail sans beard 50 days for $100,000.00 wow why would anyone pay fines. more
- jgl Melb on Hinch freed from jail sans beard A garden variety prison release,or the second coming of Christ? more
- Gloria on Hinch freed from jail sans beard Derryn, please, please, please grow your beard back. more
- PH on Hinch freed from jail sans beard My first though looking at that photo was Darren James in 30 years time. more
- Pat Heuvel on 'We need to get tough on truckies' Definitely not the right thing to do. You want to crack down on someone? crack down on the ones that use their phones while ... more
- darrin on Hinch freed from jail sans beard Derryn your lucky i know people have had to spend 1 day per $100 but i guess like most people with some fame to there name ... more
- Sarah on 'We need to get tough on truckies' Truck drivers are constantly speeding on the roads I travel. I have watched a truck in front of me lose control and jack ... more
- joe on 'We need to get tough on truckies' I think a good idea for the point system on your licence is that the first 4 points are normal fines. Then next 4 points are ... more
- Russell Watts on 'We need to get tough on truckies' Neil, it should not matter if you are a truck driver or not, if you lose 12 points then you lose your licence. But the laws ... more
- Andrew on 'We need to get tough on truckies' Hi Neil. Why not extend fines to trucking companies as well as drivers? Truck company gets the same fine as the driver? Or a ... more
- poppitt on 'We need to get tough on truckies' They are supposed to be professional drivers, they are supposed to know the law. I think most truck drivers are fantastic ... more
- poppitt on Woman nearly dies after lack of ... Everything packaged or not should be labelled. It is not enough for the customer to ask, my son has gluten intolernace, asks ... more
- Wendy on Woman nearly dies after lack of ... How ridiculous not having to label fresh salad ingredients by law! It's still got ingredients and someone is still going to ... more
- Hazel Finney on Beach rules are a dog's breakfast Bass Coast Council brought this ban through without proper consultation from the public. more
VC recipient Mark Donaldson speaks with Neil Mitchell
LISTEN BELOW: Corporal Mark Donaldson speaks with Neil Mitchell
Victoria Cross recipient Mark Donaldson granted Neil Mitchell a rare interview after being named the Patron-in-Chief for 'Soldier On'.
The organisation was launched a year ago by two serving diggers to help Aussies who have been wounded, physically or mentally, while serving their country.
It was announced on Thursday at a function at the Australian War Memorial in Canberra that Corporal Donaldson would take up the important role.
The VC recipient, who is still a serving member of the ADF, is back in Australia after receiving a gun-shot wound while on tour of Afghanistan.
"It was a minor gun-shot wound to the lower half of my body, but that's about all I can say about it at this stage,”
"Other than that I am alright, but I think of myself as one of the lucky ones, if it was left or right up or down a little bit more I might have been worse but it wasn’t so, like I said, I was one of the lucky ones" Donaldson told Neil Mitchell.
It's been a rough year for the VC recipient who also had to farewell his friend Sergeant Blaine Diddams who was killed in action in Afghanistan in early July.
"It was tragic, it is hard for the family and all our mates and everyone in the regiment, but we got to bring him home which was not only good for his mates but his direct family,"
"That’s the nature of the job but it doesn’t make it any easier"
Corporal Donaldson says his own experiences have inspired him to become involved in with 'Soldier On'.
"I look those guys that have been injured and they inspire me because they have wounds that are much much worse and more severe than what I’ve had,"
"Now I look at them and say 'You know what...I have no excuse'. I have no excuse because they have it a lot worse then me, and they can still go on and they can continue to go on and do great things,"
"It’s inspiring for me, and hopefully we can help them to inspire Australians" Corporal Donaldson said.
To find out more or donate to 'Soldier On' head to: http://soldieron.org.au/
Johno & his mates just dont understand do they.Johno your freedom to express your opinions publicly was fought for & hard won by generations of Mark Donaldsons. People who are willing to put their lives on the line for us. We love & admire you "Digger Donaldson".woja Sunday 7 October, 2012 - 8:06 PM
Mark Donaldson - professional soldier, humanitarian, great Australian! Keep up the good talk and the good walk -you do great work.
Great interview Neil - better than the usual BS and gossip!Jake Sunday 7 October, 2012 - 6:40 PM
I don't particularly admire what you do. Having said that, your professional deportment coupled with much gusto and a willingness to maintain the highest level of self betterment needs to be commended. See you in the media or standing for election in 15 years. Well done.Johno Friday 5 October, 2012 - 12:28 PM
Melissa & I say to Mark Donladson Yiu arec an inspiration to Australia.JASON & MELISSA FROM BORONIA & FERNTREE GULLY Friday 5 October, 2012 - 10:49 AM