- Two-thirds want cannabis legalised
- Taxi register confusion clarified
- Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl'
- New party wants seats for cyclists
- Epic walk 'changed our lives'
- 'There’s mortars going off now in Donetsk'
- 'I don't trust them. Watch your bills'
- 'Show some backbone': Napthine's message to UN, Putin
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Mark on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' Where's penny Wong now , Brian Taylor got hung drawn and quartered for his poof comment and yet no penny Wong standing up in ... more
- Stephen on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' No you're not a typical Aussie Girl! You're a disgrace and it has nothing to do with your gender either! You are in public ... more
- poppitt on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' If any male pollie mentioned a part of a womans body he would be walked over hot coals. This type of 'talk' is not ... more
- Gazza on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' If all politicians behaved like normal aussies the world would be a better place. Unfortunately this will never happen as ... more
- Willow on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' Would like to know how the people of Tassy, who voted for her, feel now. more
- bushiepete on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' at least we know what we got with this pollie. shes not afraid to speak her mind ..unlike the rest of the fence sitters ... more
- Sinbad on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' Two weeks ago, Brian Taylor gets vilified and lambasted for a throw away insult you would hear numerous times in any ... more
- Judi Pickett on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' Jacqui Lambie stating she's just a normal Aussie Girl? Neil, you need a mini survey on her comments, as I'd say the public, ... more
- mylene on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' The Prime Minister's comments on women, homosexuals and Aborigines make her look like a beginner. Leave offensiveness to the ... more
- Mandi on 'There’s mortars going off now in ... I agree Mylene they have an extremely deranged veiw on this horrific tragedy which is making the situation so much more ... more
- Milton on Epic walk 'changed our lives' Well done guys! more
- mylene on 'There’s mortars going off now in ... Back in the trenches in WWI we all stopped fighting for Xmas dinner and even played a game of soccer with the hun. These ... more
- jgl Melb on 'I don't trust them. Watch your bills' Power companies are slowly overhauling politicians and journalists as the masters of verbal gymnastics more
- Daniel on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' And now you're contributing to the problem Neil. It's not the fact that he just said 'something wrong' it's his mentality. ... more
- Eleanor Steel on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' Get rid of Taylor 3aw doesn't need an idiot big mouth like him!908DPC more
- Richie on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' Hearing Taylor lose his cool tonight on Sports Today when questioned about why some people don't see the apology as being ... more
- Delboy on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' The guy is living in the 80's. You can tell that by the mo. Lost me. more
- bc on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' brian taylor 2m words BIG MOUTH more
- poppitt on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' On 3aw last week you had 'like a girl' I was so pleased, I thought people are realising what they say has meaning. Now this ... more
- Stephen on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' Yet again political correctness gone mad!! Where does it stop I'm short for example as many are can we start demanding what ... more
VC recipient Mark Donaldson speaks with Neil Mitchell
LISTEN BELOW: Corporal Mark Donaldson speaks with Neil Mitchell
Victoria Cross recipient Mark Donaldson granted Neil Mitchell a rare interview after being named the Patron-in-Chief for 'Soldier On'.
The organisation was launched a year ago by two serving diggers to help Aussies who have been wounded, physically or mentally, while serving their country.
It was announced on Thursday at a function at the Australian War Memorial in Canberra that Corporal Donaldson would take up the important role.
The VC recipient, who is still a serving member of the ADF, is back in Australia after receiving a gun-shot wound while on tour of Afghanistan.
"It was a minor gun-shot wound to the lower half of my body, but that's about all I can say about it at this stage,”
"Other than that I am alright, but I think of myself as one of the lucky ones, if it was left or right up or down a little bit more I might have been worse but it wasn’t so, like I said, I was one of the lucky ones" Donaldson told Neil Mitchell.
It's been a rough year for the VC recipient who also had to farewell his friend Sergeant Blaine Diddams who was killed in action in Afghanistan in early July.
"It was tragic, it is hard for the family and all our mates and everyone in the regiment, but we got to bring him home which was not only good for his mates but his direct family,"
"That’s the nature of the job but it doesn’t make it any easier"
Corporal Donaldson says his own experiences have inspired him to become involved in with 'Soldier On'.
"I look those guys that have been injured and they inspire me because they have wounds that are much much worse and more severe than what I’ve had,"
"Now I look at them and say 'You know what...I have no excuse'. I have no excuse because they have it a lot worse then me, and they can still go on and they can continue to go on and do great things,"
"It’s inspiring for me, and hopefully we can help them to inspire Australians" Corporal Donaldson said.
To find out more or donate to 'Soldier On' head to: http://soldieron.org.au/
Johno & his mates just dont understand do they.Johno your freedom to express your opinions publicly was fought for & hard won by generations of Mark Donaldsons. People who are willing to put their lives on the line for us. We love & admire you "Digger Donaldson".woja Sunday 7 October, 2012 - 8:06 PM
Mark Donaldson - professional soldier, humanitarian, great Australian! Keep up the good talk and the good walk -you do great work.
Great interview Neil - better than the usual BS and gossip!Jake Sunday 7 October, 2012 - 6:40 PM
I don't particularly admire what you do. Having said that, your professional deportment coupled with much gusto and a willingness to maintain the highest level of self betterment needs to be commended. See you in the media or standing for election in 15 years. Well done.Johno Friday 5 October, 2012 - 12:28 PM
Melissa & I say to Mark Donladson Yiu arec an inspiration to Australia.JASON & MELISSA FROM BORONIA & FERNTREE GULLY Friday 5 October, 2012 - 10:49 AM