- WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full responsibility for 'dirty mess'
- 'He was left lying in a pool of blood'
- Work for the dole 'unfair' on jobseekers
- Woman disgusted over 'death' plate
- Man dealt outrageous parking fee
- Neil Mitchell hits back at Clementine Ford's 'leathery ball' column
- Can you read Neil's writing? We can't
- AFL boss unsure about odd timeslot
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Colin Lacivita on Woman disgusted over 'death' plate This is unforgivable. The driver of this vehicle should be exposed so we can see who he really is. He should not be allowed ... more
- IBARKER on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Poppitt ?? Where are you for out thou. more
- Liz on Work for the dole 'unfair' on jobseekers If they stop sending all our jobs overseas. There would be plenty avail.If they leave call centre jobs in Australia there ... more
- poppitt on Work for the dole 'unfair' on jobseekers I see the unemployed every day where I work. They can afford to work, they can afford to look clean and respectable. The ... more
- colin on Woman disgusted over 'death' plate What a thoughtful reply Sinbad. Who is Amanda?Alzheimer's already? Hmmm. more
- Peggy on Woman disgusted over 'death' plate How brave of this racist.How long would his number plate and car stay intact if he wrote death to all Palesteninan militants ... more
- Stephen on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... OH Mr Andrews you were so adamnt as well that Labor had nothing to do with it. Labor from top to bottom rotten to the core!! more
- Peggy on Work for the dole 'unfair' on jobseekers Can the unemployed afford to work for 25 hours a week?The cost of suitable clothing, petrol and all other expenses with ... more
- Catherine on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Daniel Andrews and is mob can't trust them they are liars and most of all they are not fit to govern Victoria. more
- poppitt on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Let me make it clear Labour Party had nothing to do with this. This is disgraceful that someone would come out and say we ... more
- Kellie on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Daniel Andrews quick to point the finger at others. I do believe he knows how it got out dirty tricks what would you ... more
- Dallas on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... It seems to me the only way to get to the truth of what happened with the recording the journalist lost is to find out who ... more
- David T. on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Andrews said that as the leader, he "accepted responsibility". He qualified this by adding: "for investigating the matter". ... more
- henry porter on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... I caught some re-runs of "Fawlty Towers" last night - Daniels Andrews' stories sounded as if the had come straight out of ... more
- Hooksy of the Bush on Melbourne's most successful camera Do the crime, pay the fine!!! more
- Ros on Can you read Neil's writing? We can't I could read it Neil. The word 'fox' gave it away but you left out the word 'brown' before dogLove your shows more
- DEBBIE on Can you read Neil's writing? We can't I cannot read it all except the first word, "hello". more
- Michelle on Melbourne's most successful camera The problem is, the speed zones change over time and if you are not a regular traveller in the area, you don't realise it ... more
- michael on Melbourne's most successful camera So let's see, 7,500 drivers speeding through this highly dangerous fatality prone area and not one incident ? makes you ... more
- martin on Melbourne's most successful camera if got pinged on this camera..i was at dead stop ay red lights on barkly street. first in line..and apparently was speeding ... more
VC recipient Mark Donaldson speaks with Neil Mitchell
LISTEN BELOW: Corporal Mark Donaldson speaks with Neil Mitchell
Victoria Cross recipient Mark Donaldson granted Neil Mitchell a rare interview after being named the Patron-in-Chief for 'Soldier On'.
The organisation was launched a year ago by two serving diggers to help Aussies who have been wounded, physically or mentally, while serving their country.
It was announced on Thursday at a function at the Australian War Memorial in Canberra that Corporal Donaldson would take up the important role.
The VC recipient, who is still a serving member of the ADF, is back in Australia after receiving a gun-shot wound while on tour of Afghanistan.
"It was a minor gun-shot wound to the lower half of my body, but that's about all I can say about it at this stage,”
"Other than that I am alright, but I think of myself as one of the lucky ones, if it was left or right up or down a little bit more I might have been worse but it wasn’t so, like I said, I was one of the lucky ones" Donaldson told Neil Mitchell.
It's been a rough year for the VC recipient who also had to farewell his friend Sergeant Blaine Diddams who was killed in action in Afghanistan in early July.
"It was tragic, it is hard for the family and all our mates and everyone in the regiment, but we got to bring him home which was not only good for his mates but his direct family,"
"That’s the nature of the job but it doesn’t make it any easier"
Corporal Donaldson says his own experiences have inspired him to become involved in with 'Soldier On'.
"I look those guys that have been injured and they inspire me because they have wounds that are much much worse and more severe than what I’ve had,"
"Now I look at them and say 'You know what...I have no excuse'. I have no excuse because they have it a lot worse then me, and they can still go on and they can continue to go on and do great things,"
"It’s inspiring for me, and hopefully we can help them to inspire Australians" Corporal Donaldson said.
To find out more or donate to 'Soldier On' head to: http://soldieron.org.au/
Johno & his mates just dont understand do they.Johno your freedom to express your opinions publicly was fought for & hard won by generations of Mark Donaldsons. People who are willing to put their lives on the line for us. We love & admire you "Digger Donaldson".woja Sunday 7 October, 2012 - 8:06 PM
Mark Donaldson - professional soldier, humanitarian, great Australian! Keep up the good talk and the good walk -you do great work.
Great interview Neil - better than the usual BS and gossip!Jake Sunday 7 October, 2012 - 6:40 PM
I don't particularly admire what you do. Having said that, your professional deportment coupled with much gusto and a willingness to maintain the highest level of self betterment needs to be commended. See you in the media or standing for election in 15 years. Well done.Johno Friday 5 October, 2012 - 12:28 PM
Melissa & I say to Mark Donladson Yiu arec an inspiration to Australia.JASON & MELISSA FROM BORONIA & FERNTREE GULLY Friday 5 October, 2012 - 10:49 AM