- 'The Easter Bunny is bad for kids'
- Thumbtack terrorists target Kew cyclists
- 'Do we need to see that?': Shaw
- Police to immobilise hoon drivers
- Government warned of pensioner backlash
- Star wheel hits 100,000th customer
- Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania
- FIXED: Bank backs down
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Karl Gawlik on FIXED: Bank backs down Well done Neil and 3AW. I had a similar problem with the same bank, not as serious but still a lot of money was involved. ... more
- sm on Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania Do it Hawks - Do it !! ASAPbetter ground - no covering to "protect fully matured men from rain etc etc"DO IT HAWKS more
- Ron G on FIXED: Bank backs down Ditch the Combank.Take accounts to Bendigo or Community based Bank more
- Amazed on FIXED: Bank backs down Yep my tears are flowing as well. How can you not have tears... more
- Amazed on Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania You have to be kidding Jeff Why TASMANIA :( more
- Graham on Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania May Jeff Kennett should move to Launceston. Has he considered 60,000 true and passionate members ? What an amazing statement ... more
- Colin Lacivita on FIXED: Bank backs down We all in the community would be lost without 3AW and Neil Mitchell CBA should know better the poor guy shouldn't have to ... more
- Noel Goodear on FIXED: Bank backs down My shares in the Commonwealth Bank says help the family, you might be right legally but where is your compassion - he has ... more
- Neddy on FIXED: Bank backs down Bloody Greedy COMMONWEALTH BANK. I removed my term deposit from this GREEDY bank in January because of their SNEEKY charges. ... more
- Chez on FIXED: Bank backs down Mr Simpson I am feeling for you and your family, re your situation. I am elated with the Commonwealth Bank, Its wonderful ... more
- Milton on FIXED: Bank backs down Neil:They shouldn't have to be dragged kicking and screaming to that position.Sorry, good move but no credit to them I am ... more
- Gavan Wignall on FIXED: Bank backs down Thanks Neil. Well done sorting the Commbank. Stuart is a former colleague of mine and having worked with him for 7 years can ... more
- David on FIXED: Bank backs down Just like warranties on cars.. not worth the paper they are written on.. I hope CBA come to this families aid but I doubt ... more
- Dame Mylene on 'Rats are eating my new home': Family's ... The rats are winning. more
- Dame Mylene on Speed camera mystery: Is this the ... They could save a lot of money by just sending out fines to P platers that drive sports utes. Before you can own one you ... more
- poppitt on 'Rats are eating my new home': Family's ... Why would it be the builders fault? more
- Stephen on Demetriou on Sunday night's clash There lays the problem with the AFL thinking Sunday night football suits the supporters. REALLY!! more
- Keith J on School porn incident 'isolated' Being the father of the other child i understand the frustration and anger.This is an unfortunate event that has taken ... more
- Christine on Jealous parents target Bonds babies To the people who shared their poisoness views, how totally disgusting, you should be ashamed of yourselves. more
- Ms Bobby Cobani on Rosie Batty's anger at TV host I hope Chief Commissioner and other prominent males speak up. No one can know the type of fear Rosie is talking about. ... more
VC recipient Mark Donaldson speaks with Neil Mitchell
LISTEN BELOW: Corporal Mark Donaldson speaks with Neil Mitchell
Victoria Cross recipient Mark Donaldson granted Neil Mitchell a rare interview after being named the Patron-in-Chief for 'Soldier On'.
The organisation was launched a year ago by two serving diggers to help Aussies who have been wounded, physically or mentally, while serving their country.
It was announced on Thursday at a function at the Australian War Memorial in Canberra that Corporal Donaldson would take up the important role.
The VC recipient, who is still a serving member of the ADF, is back in Australia after receiving a gun-shot wound while on tour of Afghanistan.
"It was a minor gun-shot wound to the lower half of my body, but that's about all I can say about it at this stage,”
"Other than that I am alright, but I think of myself as one of the lucky ones, if it was left or right up or down a little bit more I might have been worse but it wasn’t so, like I said, I was one of the lucky ones" Donaldson told Neil Mitchell.
It's been a rough year for the VC recipient who also had to farewell his friend Sergeant Blaine Diddams who was killed in action in Afghanistan in early July.
"It was tragic, it is hard for the family and all our mates and everyone in the regiment, but we got to bring him home which was not only good for his mates but his direct family,"
"That’s the nature of the job but it doesn’t make it any easier"
Corporal Donaldson says his own experiences have inspired him to become involved in with 'Soldier On'.
"I look those guys that have been injured and they inspire me because they have wounds that are much much worse and more severe than what I’ve had,"
"Now I look at them and say 'You know what...I have no excuse'. I have no excuse because they have it a lot worse then me, and they can still go on and they can continue to go on and do great things,"
"It’s inspiring for me, and hopefully we can help them to inspire Australians" Corporal Donaldson said.
To find out more or donate to 'Soldier On' head to: http://soldieron.org.au/
Johno & his mates just dont understand do they.Johno your freedom to express your opinions publicly was fought for & hard won by generations of Mark Donaldsons. People who are willing to put their lives on the line for us. We love & admire you "Digger Donaldson".woja Sunday 7 October, 2012 - 8:06 PM
Mark Donaldson - professional soldier, humanitarian, great Australian! Keep up the good talk and the good walk -you do great work.
Great interview Neil - better than the usual BS and gossip!Jake Sunday 7 October, 2012 - 6:40 PM
I don't particularly admire what you do. Having said that, your professional deportment coupled with much gusto and a willingness to maintain the highest level of self betterment needs to be commended. See you in the media or standing for election in 15 years. Well done.Johno Friday 5 October, 2012 - 12:28 PM
Melissa & I say to Mark Donladson Yiu arec an inspiration to Australia.JASON & MELISSA FROM BORONIA & FERNTREE GULLY Friday 5 October, 2012 - 10:49 AM