- 'It's very little time for taking a life'
- Kennett: 'This is sheer incompetence'
- Ice driving killer verdict 'not adequate'
- Good idea or just rubbish?
- 'It's complex': Mayor defends slow Sydney Rd CCTV installation
- 'Blame the tradie, not contestants'
- Lambie: 'Strip Sharia supporters of welfare'
- Classic or crazy? Cazaly re-made
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Aaaa on Ice driving killer verdict 'not ... It doesn't set a good example does it! Just proves how easily anyone can get away with a situation like this. They are ... more
- Lukew on Ice driving killer verdict 'not ... What would be enough? more
- Gazza on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... The yanks spend billions on the biggest and baddest weapons,time to use them all,now. more
- Steve on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... One of your most most stupid statements so far mylyene! more
- Jane on Lambie: 'Strip Sharia supporters of ... Well this is one thing i agree with. Tired of tip-toeing on this issue. There are not hundreds of Muslims that support ... more
- Linda on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... Christine Milne is as big a threat to our national security as groups like ISIS. Even the tiniest chink in our political ... more
- GIW on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... Yes Mylene, that is the aim of Islam to take over the world. As a caller on the Sunday Morning show yesterdays said, there ... more
- mylene on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... Don't worry in a couple of years we'll be trading with ISIS and the Taliban and anyone who mentions the war will be shouted ... more
- Jeff on 'Players leave': Gillon gives it ... As parents of young kids i cannot believe Essendon has put James Hird back in as coach, Hird should have nothing to do with ... more
- Stephen on 'Players leave': Gillon gives it ... Doesn't know a lot really does he! Including if the Bombers took anything illeagal!AFL Another Fool Leader. more
- Diane on 'Players leave': Gillon gives it ... How silly to have a coaches meeting when there are finals on and other coaches are having their reviews. more
- Jimbob on 'Players leave': Gillon gives it ... I wonder what the risk factor is for those other clubs attempting to poach essendong starts caught in this. If the worst ... more
- Mel on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... Our neighbours also have a fox terrier & it's one of the most aggressive & unsocialised dogs I have seen! Has prevented us ... more
- Wayne on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... to wendy who wrote "Perhaps the dogs that did the killings were Miniature Pit Bulls rather than Fox Terriers? Surely this ... more
- Sam Maglitto on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... I heard this report on the radio this afternoon and being a Dog Lover I was horrified to think there are other owners who ... more
- wendy on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... Perhaps the dogs that did the killings were Miniature Pit Bulls rather than Fox Terriers? Surely this would get peoples ... more
- Stephanie on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... Such a tragedy for all involved. more
- Robert on 'PM's popularity between asbestos and ... But when he opposes public transport, his ratings suffer. His being so good at opposing things, particularly public ... more
- jgl Melb on 'If Ashby is right, Pyne should quit' Christopher Pyne;Verbal gymnast extraordinaire...Putting it politely more
- Colin Lacivita on Phone scam targets grieving widow I always get emails promising me money. I don't care who they are I always send a email back warning that their contact ... more
VC recipient Mark Donaldson speaks with Neil Mitchell
LISTEN BELOW: Corporal Mark Donaldson speaks with Neil Mitchell
Victoria Cross recipient Mark Donaldson granted Neil Mitchell a rare interview after being named the Patron-in-Chief for 'Soldier On'.
The organisation was launched a year ago by two serving diggers to help Aussies who have been wounded, physically or mentally, while serving their country.
It was announced on Thursday at a function at the Australian War Memorial in Canberra that Corporal Donaldson would take up the important role.
The VC recipient, who is still a serving member of the ADF, is back in Australia after receiving a gun-shot wound while on tour of Afghanistan.
"It was a minor gun-shot wound to the lower half of my body, but that's about all I can say about it at this stage,”
"Other than that I am alright, but I think of myself as one of the lucky ones, if it was left or right up or down a little bit more I might have been worse but it wasn’t so, like I said, I was one of the lucky ones" Donaldson told Neil Mitchell.
It's been a rough year for the VC recipient who also had to farewell his friend Sergeant Blaine Diddams who was killed in action in Afghanistan in early July.
"It was tragic, it is hard for the family and all our mates and everyone in the regiment, but we got to bring him home which was not only good for his mates but his direct family,"
"That’s the nature of the job but it doesn’t make it any easier"
Corporal Donaldson says his own experiences have inspired him to become involved in with 'Soldier On'.
"I look those guys that have been injured and they inspire me because they have wounds that are much much worse and more severe than what I’ve had,"
"Now I look at them and say 'You know what...I have no excuse'. I have no excuse because they have it a lot worse then me, and they can still go on and they can continue to go on and do great things,"
"It’s inspiring for me, and hopefully we can help them to inspire Australians" Corporal Donaldson said.
To find out more or donate to 'Soldier On' head to: http://soldieron.org.au/
Johno & his mates just dont understand do they.Johno your freedom to express your opinions publicly was fought for & hard won by generations of Mark Donaldsons. People who are willing to put their lives on the line for us. We love & admire you "Digger Donaldson".woja Sunday 7 October, 2012 - 8:06 PM
Mark Donaldson - professional soldier, humanitarian, great Australian! Keep up the good talk and the good walk -you do great work.
Great interview Neil - better than the usual BS and gossip!Jake Sunday 7 October, 2012 - 6:40 PM
I don't particularly admire what you do. Having said that, your professional deportment coupled with much gusto and a willingness to maintain the highest level of self betterment needs to be commended. See you in the media or standing for election in 15 years. Well done.Johno Friday 5 October, 2012 - 12:28 PM
Melissa & I say to Mark Donladson Yiu arec an inspiration to Australia.JASON & MELISSA FROM BORONIA & FERNTREE GULLY Friday 5 October, 2012 - 10:49 AM