- WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full responsibility for 'dirty mess'
- 'He was left lying in a pool of blood'
- Work for the dole 'unfair' on jobseekers
- Woman disgusted over 'death' plate
- Man dealt outrageous parking fee
- Neil Mitchell hits back at Clementine Ford's 'leathery ball' column
- Can you read Neil's writing? We can't
- AFL boss unsure about odd timeslot
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Bruce on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Mr Andrews still did not take responsibility!He repeatedly stated "It is my responsibility to get to the bottom of it"He ... more
- Bob on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Dead man walking, Mr Andrews. You expect us to believe that all those around you knew about the tape, what was on it, copied ... more
- Kate on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Interesting comment he makes in the second half of the tape at 8.07 - "I first heard this and I am not entirely sure I have ... more
- Fred on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Someone needs to teach Andrews the definition of theft. Only then will he understand what a 'thief' is. Mealy mouthed ... more
- bc on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... poor baby huey andrews the carnival is over .One thing there are grubs on all sides grubby guy is after napthines job.Fancy ... more
- Peter dalglish on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Daniels Andrews connected with unions federal opposition leader connected with unions, see a pattern happening here.Now to ... more
- Big Al on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... I have no faith or respect for any of our politicians. They are all devious and incompetent. Most people I speak to are ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Woman disgusted over 'death' plate This is unforgivable. The driver of this vehicle should be exposed so we can see who he really is. He should not be allowed ... more
- IBARKER on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Poppitt ?? Where are you for out thou. more
- Liz on Work for the dole 'unfair' on jobseekers If they stop sending all our jobs overseas. There would be plenty avail.If they leave call centre jobs in Australia there ... more
- poppitt on Work for the dole 'unfair' on jobseekers I see the unemployed every day where I work. They can afford to work, they can afford to look clean and respectable. The ... more
- colin on Woman disgusted over 'death' plate What a thoughtful reply Sinbad. Who is Amanda?Alzheimer's already? Hmmm. more
- Peggy on Woman disgusted over 'death' plate How brave of this racist.How long would his number plate and car stay intact if he wrote death to all Palesteninan militants ... more
- Stephen on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... OH Mr Andrews you were so adamnt as well that Labor had nothing to do with it. Labor from top to bottom rotten to the core!! more
- Peggy on Work for the dole 'unfair' on jobseekers Can the unemployed afford to work for 25 hours a week?The cost of suitable clothing, petrol and all other expenses with ... more
- Catherine on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Daniel Andrews and is mob can't trust them they are liars and most of all they are not fit to govern Victoria. more
- poppitt on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Let me make it clear Labour Party had nothing to do with this. This is disgraceful that someone would come out and say we ... more
- Kellie on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Daniel Andrews quick to point the finger at others. I do believe he knows how it got out dirty tricks what would you ... more
- Dallas on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... It seems to me the only way to get to the truth of what happened with the recording the journalist lost is to find out who ... more
- David T. on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Andrews said that as the leader, he "accepted responsibility". He qualified this by adding: "for investigating the matter". ... more
Victoria Police announce new integrated 'BlueNet' technology
Victoria Police Chief Commissioner Ken Lay has announced the introduction of new technology which will allow Police to track dodgy and dangerous drivers in real time on our roads, calling it a 'glimpse into the future' of policing.
On the Neil Mitchell program, Mr Lay announced the introduction of the ‘BlueNet’ system which will be trialed in four police cars from next year.
BlueNet will see the integration of Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) technology, in-car video and mobile data in one unit.
"It will give us the ability to do things like drive through car parks and actually check all the number plates in a particular car park, that will tell us if vehicles are stolen, if they're unregistered, if the owners are unlicensed," Mr Lay said.
"We can do hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of cars at any given time."
Mr Lay said the in-car video will give Police the ability to video officers’ interactions with motorists and film pursuits.
"That's a great boom for their safety as well as evidence," he said.
"I would think into the future that every police vehicle will look like this."
LISTEN: Chief Commissioner Ken Lay with Neil Mitchell:
Ken Lay . You are a total hypOcrit . Think about your own speed camera fine when you were returing from the Murray River . You used "fatigue" as your excuse on this 3AW program , i do not accept this as a excuse............... licence disqualifcation for whatever reason , does not get a seriously ill person to a pharmacistpaul nugent Saturday 30 March, 2013 - 5:36 PM
sadly the bashings continue, the assaults continue...when will it be safe to catch a rain after 8pm, visit the Melbourne CBD, or major suburban centres without feeling somebody is looking for a victim?
Just think a new PR stunt and Lay and Ryan feel they are safe for another year....as a car wraps itself around a pole...but, but, but we can certainly take a picture and send a fine....what do you mean it wont be paid because the driver is dead?
Please say it ain't true..please........Paddy Sunday 16 December, 2012 - 10:31 PM
The morons that are against this are the law breakers,this will help get unregistered and unlicensed morons off the roads well done Ted>..Steve Saturday 15 December, 2012 - 10:47 AM
The wags are already calling it (the car) big"ears" car
WILL THIS WASTE OF MONEY ALSO HAVE A BOOK IN IT WHICH INSTRUCTS OR SHOWS THESE BLUE ROBOTS HOW TO TREAT OUR OLDER CITIZENS WITH RESPECT AND NOT SAY "HEY BUDDY...noddy Friday 14 December, 2012 - 2:27 PM
$$$$$$$$ching ching $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$garry Friday 14 December, 2012 - 12:28 PM