- Neil Mitchell negotiates with protestor on Flinders Street rail tracks
- Ambulance Service in crisis: one hour and 22 minutes but still no response
- Show a little tact, Premier Napthine
- Sandy Roberts isn't racist, his Indian impression was just a bad joke
- Demetriou: Bump is not dead
- Demetriou: Drug policy has saved AFL players' lives
- Salvos frustrated by students' undercover homeless stunt
- A must-listen insight into the pressures our paramedics face
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Cam on Ambulance Service in crisis: one hour ... Although every person wants to have a world class health system, this is difficult to acheive with the policys currently in ... more
- Lukew on Show a little tact, Premier Napthine Of course this coming from a journalist; a profession notorious for its stomping all over decency in the tactless pursuit of ... more
- Lukew on Sandy Roberts isn't racist, his Indian ... This is not even remotely racist in any negative sense. more
- Paddy on Show a little tact, Premier Napthine No mention of seat belt.....? more
- sue ostroff on Neil Mitchell negotiates with protestor ... well done Neil, you spoke to Gerry with respect. Thankyou more
- Ambo on Ambulance Service in crisis: one hour ... Clearly, from the decision to leave the hospital and see the GP over blood test results, this was NOT an emergency case.Had ... more
- Worried on Ambulance Service in crisis: one hour ... Please don't blame the Ambos - blame the system that they are desperately trying to work within.CODE RED - Value YOUR Ambos more
- Greg on Show a little tact, Premier Napthine He will take any opportunity for a pic. The one you won't see is him with the ambo's that worked on the driver with a truck ... more
- supportourambos on Ambulance Service in crisis: one hour ... Simple fact is Ambulance Victoria is in crisis. How Mr.Sasella remains in his job is a joke. Vic Pol had a massive shake up ... more
- Maurice Xanthos on Sandy Roberts isn't racist, his Indian ... Has anyone mentioned Darren James's impressions. All done in good humour and no one seems to get offended. And what about ... more
- IAN on Sandy Roberts isn't racist, his Indian ... Get over it. more
- Mighty Mick on Sandy Roberts isn't racist, his Indian ... Amazing of what we are becoming as a society soon no-one will talk to one another because of fear of descrimination. Our ... more
- Pete Wilson on Sandy Roberts isn't racist, his Indian ... Amazing isn't it, several years back Ernie Dingo interviewed Cathy Freeman on the great outdoors, opening line was "G'day ... more
- Al Colley on A must-listen insight into the ... Thank you mr and mrs work snob for your kind words and support. As a baby boomer who has been a paramedic for 27 years I can ... more
- Ricky on Sandy Roberts isn't racist, his Indian ... Just as well the hand wringers weren't sround when Sandy introduced Miss Australia on live tv at the Mount Gambier races ... more
- Michael on Sandy Roberts isn't racist, his Indian ... Its getting ridiculous when innocuous comments get labled as racist vilification. What he actually said wasnt derogatory. An ... more
- Margaret on Sandy Roberts isn't racist, his Indian ... So Sandy is being castigated for his comments.What about "Football, meat pies, kangaroos and Holden cars". Do Aussies object ... more
- Mal on Sandy Roberts isn't racist, his Indian ... Sandy just did an innocent joke badly. What fair minded Australians find insulting is the over-reaction by those saying it ... more
- Gordon on Sandy Roberts isn't racist, his Indian ... What a vile little man Sandy Roberts is, people like him make it shameful to be Australian. more
- Barry Cooper on Sandy Roberts isn't racist, his Indian ... These poor fools with nothing better to do than whinge about anything that strikes their mind should get a bloody life I for ... more
Victoria Police announce new integrated 'BlueNet' technology
Victoria Police Chief Commissioner Ken Lay has announced the introduction of new technology which will allow Police to track dodgy and dangerous drivers in real time on our roads, calling it a 'glimpse into the future' of policing.
On the Neil Mitchell program, Mr Lay announced the introduction of the ‘BlueNet’ system which will be trialed in four police cars from next year.
BlueNet will see the integration of Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) technology, in-car video and mobile data in one unit.
"It will give us the ability to do things like drive through car parks and actually check all the number plates in a particular car park, that will tell us if vehicles are stolen, if they're unregistered, if the owners are unlicensed," Mr Lay said.
"We can do hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of cars at any given time."
Mr Lay said the in-car video will give Police the ability to video officers’ interactions with motorists and film pursuits.
"That's a great boom for their safety as well as evidence," he said.
"I would think into the future that every police vehicle will look like this."
LISTEN: Chief Commissioner Ken Lay with Neil Mitchell:
Ken Lay . You are a total hypOcrit . Think about your own speed camera fine when you were returing from the Murray River . You used "fatigue" as your excuse on this 3AW program , i do not accept this as a excuse............... licence disqualifcation for whatever reason , does not get a seriously ill person to a pharmacistpaul nugent Saturday 30 March, 2013 - 5:36 PM
sadly the bashings continue, the assaults continue...when will it be safe to catch a rain after 8pm, visit the Melbourne CBD, or major suburban centres without feeling somebody is looking for a victim?
Just think a new PR stunt and Lay and Ryan feel they are safe for another year....as a car wraps itself around a pole...but, but, but we can certainly take a picture and send a fine....what do you mean it wont be paid because the driver is dead?
Please say it ain't true..please........Paddy Sunday 16 December, 2012 - 10:31 PM
The morons that are against this are the law breakers,this will help get unregistered and unlicensed morons off the roads well done Ted>..Steve Saturday 15 December, 2012 - 10:47 AM
The wags are already calling it (the car) big"ears" car
WILL THIS WASTE OF MONEY ALSO HAVE A BOOK IN IT WHICH INSTRUCTS OR SHOWS THESE BLUE ROBOTS HOW TO TREAT OUR OLDER CITIZENS WITH RESPECT AND NOT SAY "HEY BUDDY...noddy Friday 14 December, 2012 - 2:27 PM
$$$$$$$$ching ching $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$garry Friday 14 December, 2012 - 12:28 PM