- Hird has made correct call: Former legal advisor
- 'No one in the system gets justice'
- Niqab is not a 'symbol of evil'
- Toilet-cleaning ban in CBD offices
- 'An unsettled China is unsettling for Australia'
- David Davis denies Greg Sassella dispute
- Plan B: 'We have no choice'
- The Leaning Tower of Stupidity
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Michelle on Toilet-cleaning ban in CBD offices Alas, I remember the day when our lovely cleaning ladies, wiped the desks weekly, cleaned the bathrooms properly, spot ... more
- Sarah M on 'An unsettled China is unsettling for ... Part of me is smiling and part of me is crying. The innocence of a child in stark contrast to the corruption of a country. ... more
- Gazza on Toilet-cleaning ban in CBD offices @debsWell why are people on the so called minimum wage not lining up to be cleaners?.because $24 ph is insulting for a ... more
- Karen on Toilet-cleaning ban in CBD offices Let's see = $24 an hour x 4hrs x 5 days = $479, ooops! my maths is not too good.I work 8 hours a day and get slightly less ... more
- LNoolan on 'An unsettled China is unsettling for ... Naaaa! Lazy bludgers are taking the square in Hong Kong just as they do here. Nasty contagious diease can only bring nasty ... more
- David R on Toilet-cleaning ban in CBD offices Thats close to the minimum wage factoring in casual rates and night shift loading. more
- michael on Toilet-cleaning ban in CBD offices Even toilets! What's next?The sewer system? Why not!Maybe then we will send the tourists to have a trip to the red dirt for ... more
- Julie Loncar. on 'An unsettled China is unsettling for ... This little girl sings a powerful message, not only for China, but for all of the world.The message is about people power. more
- binary-zero on Niqab is not a 'symbol of evil' As I muslim, I've repeatdely said this that Niqaab is not an Islamic thing - It's a cultural thing from Arab/Afghanistan ... more
- John Duff on 'An unsettled China is unsettling for ... Why don't we leave it to the Children like that to be the world leaders. us adults aren't doing a very good job more
- Debs on Toilet-cleaning ban in CBD offices $24 per hour??? That's not a bad rate. That's more than the minimum wage. I'm sure there are a lot of people working out ... more
- Linda Pettit on 'An unsettled China is unsettling for ... Lets hope that this songbird reaches the masses and that there is a peaceful acknowledgement that some things in China need ... more
- Edward on 'An unsettled China is unsettling for ... Well done as it doesn't hurt to let people know how others feel in these times more
- judy wilson on 'An unsettled China is unsettling for ... just beautiful more
- mylene on 'An unsettled China is unsettling for ... Tony Abbott hasn't mentioned Hong Kong yet. It's obviously not a very important story. :p more
- poppitt on Plan B: 'We have no choice' If you have debt you pay interest. The more debt the more interest. Why is it people do not want to pay the debt? Do they ... more
- Lukew on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... The attack on that poor Muslim woman was appalling and would be roundly detested by most people. However, the Moreland ... more
- brendon on 'Something needs to be done about this' total moron !!!!! more
- Frances on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... HOW ON EARTH WAS SOMEONE LIKE SUE BOLTON EVEN ELECTED INTO BECOMING COUNCILLOR??? MAKING MASSIVE ACCUSATIONS OF PEOPLE ... more
- PJ on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... Four things need to happen to solve the problem:1.The continued expansion and growing influence of ISIS/ISIL needs to be ... more
Victoria Police announce new integrated 'BlueNet' technology
Victoria Police Chief Commissioner Ken Lay has announced the introduction of new technology which will allow Police to track dodgy and dangerous drivers in real time on our roads, calling it a 'glimpse into the future' of policing.
On the Neil Mitchell program, Mr Lay announced the introduction of the ‘BlueNet’ system which will be trialed in four police cars from next year.
BlueNet will see the integration of Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) technology, in-car video and mobile data in one unit.
"It will give us the ability to do things like drive through car parks and actually check all the number plates in a particular car park, that will tell us if vehicles are stolen, if they're unregistered, if the owners are unlicensed," Mr Lay said.
"We can do hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of cars at any given time."
Mr Lay said the in-car video will give Police the ability to video officers’ interactions with motorists and film pursuits.
"That's a great boom for their safety as well as evidence," he said.
"I would think into the future that every police vehicle will look like this."
LISTEN: Chief Commissioner Ken Lay with Neil Mitchell:
Ken Lay . You are a total hypOcrit . Think about your own speed camera fine when you were returing from the Murray River . You used "fatigue" as your excuse on this 3AW program , i do not accept this as a excuse............... licence disqualifcation for whatever reason , does not get a seriously ill person to a pharmacistpaul nugent Saturday 30 March, 2013 - 5:36 PM
sadly the bashings continue, the assaults continue...when will it be safe to catch a rain after 8pm, visit the Melbourne CBD, or major suburban centres without feeling somebody is looking for a victim?
Just think a new PR stunt and Lay and Ryan feel they are safe for another year....as a car wraps itself around a pole...but, but, but we can certainly take a picture and send a fine....what do you mean it wont be paid because the driver is dead?
Please say it ain't true..please........Paddy Sunday 16 December, 2012 - 10:31 PM
The morons that are against this are the law breakers,this will help get unregistered and unlicensed morons off the roads well done Ted>..Steve Saturday 15 December, 2012 - 10:47 AM
The wags are already calling it (the car) big"ears" car
WILL THIS WASTE OF MONEY ALSO HAVE A BOOK IN IT WHICH INSTRUCTS OR SHOWS THESE BLUE ROBOTS HOW TO TREAT OUR OLDER CITIZENS WITH RESPECT AND NOT SAY "HEY BUDDY...noddy Friday 14 December, 2012 - 2:27 PM
$$$$$$$$ching ching $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$garry Friday 14 December, 2012 - 12:28 PM