- Ice driving killer verdict 'not adequate'
- Good idea or just rubbish?
- 'It's complex': Mayor defends slow Sydney Rd CCTV installation
- 'Blame the tradie, not contestants'
- Lambie: 'Strip Sharia supporters of welfare'
- Classic or crazy? Cazaly re-made
- Australia in for 'long haul' against ISIS
- George the Goldfish saved with surgery
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Gazza on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... The yanks spend billions on the biggest and baddest weapons,time to use them all,now. more
- Steve on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... One of your most most stupid statements so far mylyene! more
- Jane on Lambie: 'Strip Sharia supporters of ... Well this is one thing i agree with. Tired of tip-toeing on this issue. There are not hundreds of Muslims that support ... more
- Linda on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... Christine Milne is as big a threat to our national security as groups like ISIS. Even the tiniest chink in our political ... more
- GIW on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... Yes Mylene, that is the aim of Islam to take over the world. As a caller on the Sunday Morning show yesterdays said, there ... more
- mylene on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... Don't worry in a couple of years we'll be trading with ISIS and the Taliban and anyone who mentions the war will be shouted ... more
- Jeff on 'Players leave': Gillon gives it ... As parents of young kids i cannot believe Essendon has put James Hird back in as coach, Hird should have nothing to do with ... more
- Stephen on 'Players leave': Gillon gives it ... Doesn't know a lot really does he! Including if the Bombers took anything illeagal!AFL Another Fool Leader. more
- Diane on 'Players leave': Gillon gives it ... How silly to have a coaches meeting when there are finals on and other coaches are having their reviews. more
- Jimbob on 'Players leave': Gillon gives it ... I wonder what the risk factor is for those other clubs attempting to poach essendong starts caught in this. If the worst ... more
- Mel on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... Our neighbours also have a fox terrier & it's one of the most aggressive & unsocialised dogs I have seen! Has prevented us ... more
- Wayne on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... to wendy who wrote "Perhaps the dogs that did the killings were Miniature Pit Bulls rather than Fox Terriers? Surely this ... more
- Sam Maglitto on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... I heard this report on the radio this afternoon and being a Dog Lover I was horrified to think there are other owners who ... more
- wendy on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... Perhaps the dogs that did the killings were Miniature Pit Bulls rather than Fox Terriers? Surely this would get peoples ... more
- Stephanie on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... Such a tragedy for all involved. more
- Robert on 'PM's popularity between asbestos and ... But when he opposes public transport, his ratings suffer. His being so good at opposing things, particularly public ... more
- jgl Melb on 'If Ashby is right, Pyne should quit' Christopher Pyne;Verbal gymnast extraordinaire...Putting it politely more
- Colin Lacivita on Phone scam targets grieving widow I always get emails promising me money. I don't care who they are I always send a email back warning that their contact ... more
- David R on Council backs down over fees Typical heartless unthinking council bureaucrats. And its not the Councillors its the people manning the front desk or the ... more
- mike on Labor's tough new stance against 'evil' So trafficking drugs away from a school is less illegal?And why drug busses? Target pubs/clubs! I hear more and more people ... more
Victoria Police announce new integrated 'BlueNet' technology
Victoria Police Chief Commissioner Ken Lay has announced the introduction of new technology which will allow Police to track dodgy and dangerous drivers in real time on our roads, calling it a 'glimpse into the future' of policing.
On the Neil Mitchell program, Mr Lay announced the introduction of the ‘BlueNet’ system which will be trialed in four police cars from next year.
BlueNet will see the integration of Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) technology, in-car video and mobile data in one unit.
"It will give us the ability to do things like drive through car parks and actually check all the number plates in a particular car park, that will tell us if vehicles are stolen, if they're unregistered, if the owners are unlicensed," Mr Lay said.
"We can do hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of cars at any given time."
Mr Lay said the in-car video will give Police the ability to video officers’ interactions with motorists and film pursuits.
"That's a great boom for their safety as well as evidence," he said.
"I would think into the future that every police vehicle will look like this."
LISTEN: Chief Commissioner Ken Lay with Neil Mitchell:
Ken Lay . You are a total hypOcrit . Think about your own speed camera fine when you were returing from the Murray River . You used "fatigue" as your excuse on this 3AW program , i do not accept this as a excuse............... licence disqualifcation for whatever reason , does not get a seriously ill person to a pharmacistpaul nugent Saturday 30 March, 2013 - 5:36 PM
sadly the bashings continue, the assaults continue...when will it be safe to catch a rain after 8pm, visit the Melbourne CBD, or major suburban centres without feeling somebody is looking for a victim?
Just think a new PR stunt and Lay and Ryan feel they are safe for another year....as a car wraps itself around a pole...but, but, but we can certainly take a picture and send a fine....what do you mean it wont be paid because the driver is dead?
Please say it ain't true..please........Paddy Sunday 16 December, 2012 - 10:31 PM
The morons that are against this are the law breakers,this will help get unregistered and unlicensed morons off the roads well done Ted>..Steve Saturday 15 December, 2012 - 10:47 AM
The wags are already calling it (the car) big"ears" car
WILL THIS WASTE OF MONEY ALSO HAVE A BOOK IN IT WHICH INSTRUCTS OR SHOWS THESE BLUE ROBOTS HOW TO TREAT OUR OLDER CITIZENS WITH RESPECT AND NOT SAY "HEY BUDDY...noddy Friday 14 December, 2012 - 2:27 PM
$$$$$$$$ching ching $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$garry Friday 14 December, 2012 - 12:28 PM