- Child attacked by stranger in park
- Teenage pregnancy declining
- Teenage pregnancy declining
- Officers face misconduct hearing
- Offensive graffiti to be removed
- AFLPA fires back at ASADA
- 'I hope I never have to do it again'
- Why your digital TV cuts out
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- jgl Melb on 'Street culture mixed with Islamism' Why?you ask;Because that thing between the ears that allows the overwhelming majority of us to function normally and more ... more
- Christine on 'Street culture mixed with Islamism' Christ, everytime I turn on the TV it's Muslim this, Muslim that. What are they, the centre of the Universe? I don't think ... more
- Peggy on The angry and the bizarre: Radio ... Smells of corruption.What is even more strange is that Reeva's parents are satisfied with the sentence. Which parent would ... more
- King of Footscray on Paid parking approved for Yarraville Only fair and reasonable in my view, especially considering the reliance of paid parking revenue is currently heaped solely ... more
- Mik on Paid parking approved for Yarraville Its about time councils understand that they work for us, not the other way around. I dont actually think that council can ... more
- cChris watts on Paid parking approved for Yarraville why not get rid of all councils and just install an adminastratoerr..saves us all a small fortune more
- greg scott on Paid parking approved for Yarraville Madness.We do not need this 3rd level of government. more
- Peggy on Paid parking approved for Yarraville It's all about revenue raising so they have more money to give themselves payrises and nice trips around the world.Councils ... more
- Ursula Fajerman on 250 animals face death in bank action Wonderful news about the sanctuary. Thank you to the buyers and 3aw. This is the feel good news people need to wake up to. I ... more
- Catherine on Abbott not a 'mainstream world ... Who cares what the Russians says or believed they are morons like there leader and here in Australia they believe a ... more
- Stephen on 'It's a long rant. It's not banter' Oh lets not spend too much time on this he's an educated professor. Lets concentrate on removing Black from Baa Baa Black ... more
- Yank on Abbott not a 'mainstream world ... You should be proud to have a leader with guts. At least Abott's gotta pair we in the US are stuck with Mom Jeans as a ... more
- Andrea on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' I bought a puppy from Greg and when it started growing I too doubted the breed of my puppy was what I had purchased. So, I ... more
- Brenda Mentz on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' I have owned five miniature poodles and have no doubt this dog is part poodle. But the breed standard for miniature poodles ... more
- Lucy Richards on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' What utter crap this pet shop owner is talking, this dog would have come from a puppy farm. They work as he said on the ... more
- Colin Lacivita on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' How can you expect a dog not to grow and remain small. It's impossible. more
- Fran & Romeo on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' I think that was a poorly conducted interview if you invite people to speak on your show don't try to ridicule them I didn't ... more
- Toby Bushby on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' Looks like a Cavoodle to me, with dominant Poodle genes. They can be very small, or grow to larger than this pup is. Ally ... more
- Mandi on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' Get over it and look after the dog it deserves a good life omg humans! more
- Peggy on Police probe school chook killing What is this need to decapitate anything with some people?I guess it might be training for future "tourists" to the middle ... more
Victoria Police announce new integrated 'BlueNet' technology
Victoria Police Chief Commissioner Ken Lay has announced the introduction of new technology which will allow Police to track dodgy and dangerous drivers in real time on our roads, calling it a 'glimpse into the future' of policing.
On the Neil Mitchell program, Mr Lay announced the introduction of the ‘BlueNet’ system which will be trialed in four police cars from next year.
BlueNet will see the integration of Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) technology, in-car video and mobile data in one unit.
"It will give us the ability to do things like drive through car parks and actually check all the number plates in a particular car park, that will tell us if vehicles are stolen, if they're unregistered, if the owners are unlicensed," Mr Lay said.
"We can do hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of cars at any given time."
Mr Lay said the in-car video will give Police the ability to video officers’ interactions with motorists and film pursuits.
"That's a great boom for their safety as well as evidence," he said.
"I would think into the future that every police vehicle will look like this."
LISTEN: Chief Commissioner Ken Lay with Neil Mitchell:
Ken Lay . You are a total hypOcrit . Think about your own speed camera fine when you were returing from the Murray River . You used "fatigue" as your excuse on this 3AW program , i do not accept this as a excuse............... licence disqualifcation for whatever reason , does not get a seriously ill person to a pharmacistpaul nugent Saturday 30 March, 2013 - 5:36 PM
sadly the bashings continue, the assaults continue...when will it be safe to catch a rain after 8pm, visit the Melbourne CBD, or major suburban centres without feeling somebody is looking for a victim?
Just think a new PR stunt and Lay and Ryan feel they are safe for another year....as a car wraps itself around a pole...but, but, but we can certainly take a picture and send a fine....what do you mean it wont be paid because the driver is dead?
Please say it ain't true..please........Paddy Sunday 16 December, 2012 - 10:31 PM
The morons that are against this are the law breakers,this will help get unregistered and unlicensed morons off the roads well done Ted>..Steve Saturday 15 December, 2012 - 10:47 AM
The wags are already calling it (the car) big"ears" car
WILL THIS WASTE OF MONEY ALSO HAVE A BOOK IN IT WHICH INSTRUCTS OR SHOWS THESE BLUE ROBOTS HOW TO TREAT OUR OLDER CITIZENS WITH RESPECT AND NOT SAY "HEY BUDDY...noddy Friday 14 December, 2012 - 2:27 PM
$$$$$$$$ching ching $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$garry Friday 14 December, 2012 - 12:28 PM