- David Davis denies Greg Sassella dispute
- Plan B: 'We have no choice'
- The Leaning Tower of Stupidity
- 'I do hate this guy, he killed my husband': Sue Parsons
- 'Something needs to be done about this'
- 'You're responsible': Socialist Moreland councillor points the finger at Neil
- Germaine Greer has just kicked Bambi
- 'Miss a meeting, don't get paid'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- poppitt on Plan B: 'We have no choice' If you have debt you pay interest. The more debt the more interest. Why is it people do not want to pay the debt? Do they ... more
- Lukew on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... The attack on that poor Muslim woman was appalling and would be roundly detested by most people. However, the Moreland ... more
- brendon on 'Something needs to be done about this' total moron !!!!! more
- Frances on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... HOW ON EARTH WAS SOMEONE LIKE SUE BOLTON EVEN ELECTED INTO BECOMING COUNCILLOR??? MAKING MASSIVE ACCUSATIONS OF PEOPLE ... more
- PJ on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... Four things need to happen to solve the problem:1.The continued expansion and growing influence of ISIS/ISIL needs to be ... more
- IBARKER on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... She is a PERSON,That wants to divide us. "IN OUR SOCIETY.??? more
- IBARKER on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... This Sue Bolton is an absolute disgrace to the people that voted her in. more
- John on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... Cr Bolton you are a disgrace. You are unbelievable and totally lacking in credability. more
- Colin Lacivita on 'Something needs to be done about this' If I saw this happen I would have grabbed the guy and pulled him off. This is utterly reckless. more
- AA on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... I no longer listen to 3AW. It is clear that the station and its commentators are doing nothing about promoting ... more
- andy on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... cr bolton is going to be in state/ federal,she sounds just like a politician more
- CHRIS WATTS on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... does not like it when he is accused of something but boy, can he hand it out.... more
- Ricta on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... White, anglo saxon people should be banned from protesting on racial issues.1 of the biggest problems in this world is ... more
- Barney on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... Councillor Sue Bolton reminds me of the saying " if you cant be part of the solution ,don't be part of the problem . 3aw ... more
- Gloria on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... Sue Bolton is a radical left wing Socialist, she is a trouble maker and was very strongly opposed to CCTV in Moreland. This ... more
- poppitt on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... The Burqa should be banned the in the same way as motor bike helmets etc., in banks, fuel stations, and when stopped by the ... more
- Jester4212 on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... This councillor is truly unbelievable. more
- acetrim on Melbourne-Geelong speed increase ... its always about slowing cars down but never about slowing trucks down bring the speed down to 80 ks more
- Ran on 'Miss a meeting, don't get paid' These Government job agencies don't find jobs. They get a cut when a jobseeker finds a job without their help. They're main ... more
- David R on 'Miss a meeting, don't get paid' "breaches human rights obligations"... Really , in what universe? Does that apply to all parts of the globe? Does that apply ... more
Victorian government road safety survey results leaked
Results from a study into Victorians' Road Safety priorities have been obtained by 3AW reporter Heidi Murphy, revealing educating young drivers and combating drug driving are what we most want the government to action.
Last month, the study, coordinated by the Victorian Department of Justice and published via the Herald Sun and other newspapers, asked Victorians to specify what they believed should be priorities in tackling road safety.
A total of 16,356 valid questionnaires were processed, with participants asked to agree or disagree with 57 questions falling under 13 different road safety 'themes'.
The top ten specific road safety issues identified in the survey were:
Increasing education of young drivers around road safety risks (92%);
Repeat hoon/drink drivers should face longer bans from driving or owning a car (89%);
Texting while driving should lead to tougher penalties (89%); Requiring repeat drug drivers to have counselling by medical professionals (89%);
Increasing random testing for drug driving (88%);
Increasing public awareness about the dangerous of drug driving (87%);
Increasing penalties for drug driving (87%);
Increasing policing of heavy vehicle driver road behaviour (such as tailgating) (85%);
Educating older drivers on how to assess if they are safe to continue driving (85%); and
Proving more alternative transport options for older people (85%).
The study showed that a curfew for young drivers was unpopular with Victorians, with only 28 per cent of respondents agreeing it was a good idea.
Educating drivers was the top pick in tackling young peoples' road safety, with increased policing and penalties specifically targeting young people receiving approval from 81 per cent and 70 per cent of respondents respectively.
LISTEN: Deputy Premier Peter Ryan speaks with Neil Mitchell:
EDITORIAL: Neil Mitchell has been road testing the yet-to-be released Holden Volt electric car for the past day. Although it comes with a hefty price tag, Neil says the Volt is marks a huge step in the future of automobiles.
ROADwhyz Victoria is a young drivers awareness program aimed at educating our young drivers about the realities of road trauma. We provide vital skills that could save their life or someone else's. Kids have called us requesting that we bring this program to their schools! Our volunteers are from all the emergency services such as the ambulance service, SES, police and we also have victims of road trauma talk about their experiences. Our program is hard hitting and emotional and makes a lasting impression on all who participates. If you want to know more go to www.roadwhyzvic.com.auJason Callanan Friday 2 November, 2012 - 7:27 PM
I think its time that we increased the drivers license age TO 21 YEARS OLD..
Because I think at 18 there is too much going on in a young person life to all so drive...maryann Friday 26 October, 2012 - 7:14 PM
Just CANCEL the license of a P Plater at their first offence for a period of 6 months. Make them go through the license procedure every time they offend whilst on P Plates until they learn that a license is a privilege not a rightRene Tuesday 23 October, 2012 - 8:33 AM
Graded licenses, the most dangerous group of road users are those who use a car as transport from A to B. They have zero interest in improving their skill set.
So think of it this way.
Current standard lic. costs $500pa to re-new.
Silver lic. (obtained by doing danger awareness course) $250pa
Gold license (after doing and passing advanced driver course) $100pa
Platinum (after doing further advanced driver course) lic. free for life plus ability to argue speeding charges based on driving to conditions at the time of the offence.
This is about making a financial insentive for poor drivers to lift their standard and penalising those who just can't drive no matter how much you teach them.John F Monday 22 October, 2012 - 1:07 PM
Confiscated Hoon cars due for destruction should be sold for a token price to people who cannot afford a new car and drive vehicles that are close to being unsafe.David Monday 22 October, 2012 - 12:59 PM
Poptart, it's so learner drivers can learn to drive in peak hour traffic. Makes sense to me. Adults are the most dangerous drivers around schoolsSteven Monday 22 October, 2012 - 11:25 AM