- 'It's very little time for taking a life'
- Kennett: 'This is sheer incompetence'
- Ice driving killer verdict 'not adequate'
- Good idea or just rubbish?
- 'It's complex': Mayor defends slow Sydney Rd CCTV installation
- 'Blame the tradie, not contestants'
- Lambie: 'Strip Sharia supporters of welfare'
- Classic or crazy? Cazaly re-made
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Aaaa on Ice driving killer verdict 'not ... It doesn't set a good example does it! Just proves how easily anyone can get away with a situation like this. They are ... more
- Lukew on Ice driving killer verdict 'not ... What would be enough? more
- Gazza on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... The yanks spend billions on the biggest and baddest weapons,time to use them all,now. more
- Steve on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... One of your most most stupid statements so far mylyene! more
- Jane on Lambie: 'Strip Sharia supporters of ... Well this is one thing i agree with. Tired of tip-toeing on this issue. There are not hundreds of Muslims that support ... more
- Linda on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... Christine Milne is as big a threat to our national security as groups like ISIS. Even the tiniest chink in our political ... more
- GIW on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... Yes Mylene, that is the aim of Islam to take over the world. As a caller on the Sunday Morning show yesterdays said, there ... more
- mylene on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... Don't worry in a couple of years we'll be trading with ISIS and the Taliban and anyone who mentions the war will be shouted ... more
- Jeff on 'Players leave': Gillon gives it ... As parents of young kids i cannot believe Essendon has put James Hird back in as coach, Hird should have nothing to do with ... more
- Stephen on 'Players leave': Gillon gives it ... Doesn't know a lot really does he! Including if the Bombers took anything illeagal!AFL Another Fool Leader. more
- Diane on 'Players leave': Gillon gives it ... How silly to have a coaches meeting when there are finals on and other coaches are having their reviews. more
- Jimbob on 'Players leave': Gillon gives it ... I wonder what the risk factor is for those other clubs attempting to poach essendong starts caught in this. If the worst ... more
- Mel on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... Our neighbours also have a fox terrier & it's one of the most aggressive & unsocialised dogs I have seen! Has prevented us ... more
- Wayne on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... to wendy who wrote "Perhaps the dogs that did the killings were Miniature Pit Bulls rather than Fox Terriers? Surely this ... more
- Sam Maglitto on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... I heard this report on the radio this afternoon and being a Dog Lover I was horrified to think there are other owners who ... more
- wendy on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... Perhaps the dogs that did the killings were Miniature Pit Bulls rather than Fox Terriers? Surely this would get peoples ... more
- Stephanie on Horrified children find pet dogs mauled ... Such a tragedy for all involved. more
- Robert on 'PM's popularity between asbestos and ... But when he opposes public transport, his ratings suffer. His being so good at opposing things, particularly public ... more
- jgl Melb on 'If Ashby is right, Pyne should quit' Christopher Pyne;Verbal gymnast extraordinaire...Putting it politely more
- Colin Lacivita on Phone scam targets grieving widow I always get emails promising me money. I don't care who they are I always send a email back warning that their contact ... more
Vote One Zombie: A prejudice against the undead
This is bureaucracy at work – your bureaucracy. This of this as we head into council elections.
A Melbourne council has taken a stand against Zombies, the walking dead.
They are popular are popular these days. We have Zombie parades, Zombie parties, and a bunch of people have a Zombie game.
They get kids, dress some as Zombies, some as humans, and then they play tag in the park.
They run around chasing each other, and if you get tagged – you are a Zombie.
It’s called ‘Humans vs Zombies’ and, they’ve been banned.
The recreation support officer at the City of Glen Eira has said: “Our parks within Glen Eira are not suitable for the type of event you are proposing to organise.”
However Cr Michael Lipshutz insists this was not a refusal: "They may think that it was a refusal, and I accept that but it was not a refusal."
"I'll accept that the wording was unfortunate, but the reality is that they have not been banned, and if they wanted to play in our parks, they'd be welcome to."
This is the same lot that banned Frisbee throwing without a fee. And now, Zombie games. What is this, a campaign against Zombies? A campaign against kids? A campaign to cut back exercise for kids?
This is so much nonsense. Are they worried dogs will be frightened by Zombies?
There’s a prejudice here. It looks like a prejudice against the undead.
So, the elections are coming up. Vote One Zombie!
LISTEN: Neil Mitchell speaks with 'Sue', a mother of a human, and Anthony Osborne, Secretary of Humans vs Zombies Victoria:
to jack, those with black blasters are asked not ti use them as they are against the organisation's rules. As for those running around in Army Camouflage, there are no laws against that, and they are freely available from commercial storesalex Sunday 28 October, 2012 - 12:38 PM
The full story has not been told! I have observed people from "Humans Vs Zombies Victoria" running around with black blasters and Army Camouflage at Karkarook Park in Melbourne's South East. There is quite a few examples of this is on their facebook page, here's just one example http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150911418738984&set=oa.468290683186862&type=1&src=http%3A%2F%2Fsphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-ak-ash3%2F533400_10150911418738984_250527924_n.jpg&size=960%2C720
-JackAnonymous Wednesday 24 October, 2012 - 6:03 PM
BABY BONUS - I heard the clip of Tony Abbott that Neil played this morning before 9am and what I heard made complete sense and I didn't even consider it a slur againgst our Prime Minister until Neil brought it up. Tony abbott was correct in saying that many parents have their children close together, therefore need an additional cot, etc. My children were over 4 years about and it wasn't an issue to me to use hand me downs for my 2nd child.
From a happy Nanna of two.michelle Tuesday 23 October, 2012 - 9:51 AM
Getting kids and teenagers to play outside in a park is a parents dream. It is a kids dream to have lots of kids to play with, dress up and play with their Nerf guns. What problems are occuring that concerns the Council? it could be nowhere near the violence currently being experienced on local street throughout Melbourne. Parks are not just for looking at and nowadays too many parks are empty. Councils need to wake up and embrace change. It is time to have the stuffy suited Councillors booted out!Gayle M Tuesday 23 October, 2012 - 9:40 AM
Councils are ridiculous and a waste of taxpayers money. Another stupid decision to ban something that allows kids to get out and about in 'our' parks and play their games. I heard on your show this morning that the 'zombies' are distinguished by wearing a bandana - big deal and where's the harm in that??? Too many councils in this state / country - they aren't necessary.michelle Tuesday 23 October, 2012 - 9:32 AM