- Kids and sports betting: The AFL & state government have a problem
- An outbreak of common sense: Kevin Rudd and Denis Hart
- Neil Mitchell negotiates with protestor on Flinders Street rail tracks
- Ambulance Service in crisis: one hour and 22 minutes but still no response
- Show a little tact, Premier Napthine
- Sandy Roberts isn't racist, his Indian impression was just a bad joke
- Demetriou: Bump is not dead
- Demetriou: Drug policy has saved AFL players' lives
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- GREG on An outbreak of common sense: Kevin Rudd ... I WISH YOU NEIL WHEN YOU DINE WITH YOUR WIFE (I THING YOU HAVE ONE FROM MEMORY)TO CONFRONT A SAME SEX MARRIAGE HAVEIN SEX OF ... more
- Faye on An outbreak of common sense: Kevin Rudd ... Church, YUK!!Priests and nuns, double YUK!!Controlling the minds of, and frightening poor sods who run to church is ... more
- Peter on Ambulance Service in crisis: one hour ... Being a retired paramedic and dispatcher, given what the caller said, indeed the case would have been classified code red ... more
- Matty on Neil Mitchell negotiates with protestor ... Just another idiot on our public transport system who respects nobody else and has no idea! Clearly unable to allow for ... more
- d.river on Neil Mitchell negotiates with protestor ... As a train driver, i want to express my thanks at your prompt and calm manner in talking Gerry from the tracks. Having had a ... more
- Steve on Neil Mitchell negotiates with protestor ... And so quick to big note himself soon after what does he want a medal?? more
- mandy on Neil Mitchell negotiates with protestor ... The stupid myki system is driving people mad I'm glad the poor bloke managed to get through to you by phone obviously nobody ... more
- Cam on Ambulance Service in crisis: one hour ... Although every person wants to have a world class health system, this is difficult to acheive with the policys currently in ... more
- Lukew on Show a little tact, Premier Napthine Of course this coming from a journalist; a profession notorious for its stomping all over decency in the tactless pursuit of ... more
- Lukew on Sandy Roberts isn't racist, his Indian ... This is not even remotely racist in any negative sense. more
- Paddy on Show a little tact, Premier Napthine No mention of seat belt.....? more
- sue ostroff on Neil Mitchell negotiates with protestor ... well done Neil, you spoke to Gerry with respect. Thankyou more
- Ambo on Ambulance Service in crisis: one hour ... Clearly, from the decision to leave the hospital and see the GP over blood test results, this was NOT an emergency case.Had ... more
- Worried on Ambulance Service in crisis: one hour ... Please don't blame the Ambos - blame the system that they are desperately trying to work within.CODE RED - Value YOUR Ambos more
- Greg on Show a little tact, Premier Napthine He will take any opportunity for a pic. The one you won't see is him with the ambo's that worked on the driver with a truck ... more
- supportourambos on Ambulance Service in crisis: one hour ... Simple fact is Ambulance Victoria is in crisis. How Mr.Sasella remains in his job is a joke. Vic Pol had a massive shake up ... more
- Maurice Xanthos on Sandy Roberts isn't racist, his Indian ... Has anyone mentioned Darren James's impressions. All done in good humour and no one seems to get offended. And what about ... more
- IAN on Sandy Roberts isn't racist, his Indian ... Get over it. more
- Mighty Mick on Sandy Roberts isn't racist, his Indian ... Amazing of what we are becoming as a society soon no-one will talk to one another because of fear of descrimination. Our ... more
- Pete Wilson on Sandy Roberts isn't racist, his Indian ... Amazing isn't it, several years back Ernie Dingo interviewed Cathy Freeman on the great outdoors, opening line was "G'day ... more
Vote One Zombie: A prejudice against the undead
This is bureaucracy at work – your bureaucracy. This of this as we head into council elections.
A Melbourne council has taken a stand against Zombies, the walking dead.
They are popular are popular these days. We have Zombie parades, Zombie parties, and a bunch of people have a Zombie game.
They get kids, dress some as Zombies, some as humans, and then they play tag in the park.
They run around chasing each other, and if you get tagged – you are a Zombie.
It’s called ‘Humans vs Zombies’ and, they’ve been banned.
The recreation support officer at the City of Glen Eira has said: “Our parks within Glen Eira are not suitable for the type of event you are proposing to organise.”
However Cr Michael Lipshutz insists this was not a refusal: "They may think that it was a refusal, and I accept that but it was not a refusal."
"I'll accept that the wording was unfortunate, but the reality is that they have not been banned, and if they wanted to play in our parks, they'd be welcome to."
This is the same lot that banned Frisbee throwing without a fee. And now, Zombie games. What is this, a campaign against Zombies? A campaign against kids? A campaign to cut back exercise for kids?
This is so much nonsense. Are they worried dogs will be frightened by Zombies?
There’s a prejudice here. It looks like a prejudice against the undead.
So, the elections are coming up. Vote One Zombie!
LISTEN: Neil Mitchell speaks with 'Sue', a mother of a human, and Anthony Osborne, Secretary of Humans vs Zombies Victoria:
to jack, those with black blasters are asked not ti use them as they are against the organisation's rules. As for those running around in Army Camouflage, there are no laws against that, and they are freely available from commercial storesalex Sunday 28 October, 2012 - 12:38 PM
The full story has not been told! I have observed people from "Humans Vs Zombies Victoria" running around with black blasters and Army Camouflage at Karkarook Park in Melbourne's South East. There is quite a few examples of this is on their facebook page, here's just one example http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150911418738984&set=oa.468290683186862&type=1&src=http%3A%2F%2Fsphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-ak-ash3%2F533400_10150911418738984_250527924_n.jpg&size=960%2C720
-JackAnonymous Wednesday 24 October, 2012 - 6:03 PM
BABY BONUS - I heard the clip of Tony Abbott that Neil played this morning before 9am and what I heard made complete sense and I didn't even consider it a slur againgst our Prime Minister until Neil brought it up. Tony abbott was correct in saying that many parents have their children close together, therefore need an additional cot, etc. My children were over 4 years about and it wasn't an issue to me to use hand me downs for my 2nd child.
From a happy Nanna of two.michelle Tuesday 23 October, 2012 - 9:51 AM
Getting kids and teenagers to play outside in a park is a parents dream. It is a kids dream to have lots of kids to play with, dress up and play with their Nerf guns. What problems are occuring that concerns the Council? it could be nowhere near the violence currently being experienced on local street throughout Melbourne. Parks are not just for looking at and nowadays too many parks are empty. Councils need to wake up and embrace change. It is time to have the stuffy suited Councillors booted out!Gayle M Tuesday 23 October, 2012 - 9:40 AM
Councils are ridiculous and a waste of taxpayers money. Another stupid decision to ban something that allows kids to get out and about in 'our' parks and play their games. I heard on your show this morning that the 'zombies' are distinguished by wearing a bandana - big deal and where's the harm in that??? Too many councils in this state / country - they aren't necessary.michelle Tuesday 23 October, 2012 - 9:32 AM