- 'Hamas is not interested in ceasefire'
- Losing war against dangerous phone chargers
- Nitschke: This won't stop me
- Two-thirds want cannabis legalised
- Taxi register confusion clarified
- Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl'
- New party wants seats for cyclists
- Epic walk 'changed our lives'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Mark on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' Where's penny Wong now , Brian Taylor got hung drawn and quartered for his poof comment and yet no penny Wong standing up in ... more
- Stephen on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' No you're not a typical Aussie Girl! You're a disgrace and it has nothing to do with your gender either! You are in public ... more
- poppitt on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' If any male pollie mentioned a part of a womans body he would be walked over hot coals. This type of 'talk' is not ... more
- Gazza on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' If all politicians behaved like normal aussies the world would be a better place. Unfortunately this will never happen as ... more
- Willow on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' Would like to know how the people of Tassy, who voted for her, feel now. more
- bushiepete on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' at least we know what we got with this pollie. shes not afraid to speak her mind ..unlike the rest of the fence sitters ... more
- Sinbad on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' Two weeks ago, Brian Taylor gets vilified and lambasted for a throw away insult you would hear numerous times in any ... more
- Judi Pickett on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' Jacqui Lambie stating she's just a normal Aussie Girl? Neil, you need a mini survey on her comments, as I'd say the public, ... more
- mylene on Lambie: 'I'm a normal Aussie girl' The Prime Minister's comments on women, homosexuals and Aborigines make her look like a beginner. Leave offensiveness to the ... more
- Mandi on 'There’s mortars going off now in ... I agree Mylene they have an extremely deranged veiw on this horrific tragedy which is making the situation so much more ... more
- Milton on Epic walk 'changed our lives' Well done guys! more
- mylene on 'There’s mortars going off now in ... Back in the trenches in WWI we all stopped fighting for Xmas dinner and even played a game of soccer with the hun. These ... more
- jgl Melb on 'I don't trust them. Watch your bills' Power companies are slowly overhauling politicians and journalists as the masters of verbal gymnastics more
- Daniel on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' And now you're contributing to the problem Neil. It's not the fact that he just said 'something wrong' it's his mentality. ... more
- Eleanor Steel on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' Get rid of Taylor 3aw doesn't need an idiot big mouth like him!908DPC more
- Richie on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' Hearing Taylor lose his cool tonight on Sports Today when questioned about why some people don't see the apology as being ... more
- Delboy on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' The guy is living in the 80's. You can tell that by the mo. Lost me. more
- bc on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' brian taylor 2m words BIG MOUTH more
- poppitt on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' On 3aw last week you had 'like a girl' I was so pleased, I thought people are realising what they say has meaning. Now this ... more
- Stephen on 'Dumb, stupid, but not homophobic' Yet again political correctness gone mad!! Where does it stop I'm short for example as many are can we start demanding what ... more
Vote One Zombie: A prejudice against the undead
This is bureaucracy at work – your bureaucracy. This of this as we head into council elections.
A Melbourne council has taken a stand against Zombies, the walking dead.
They are popular are popular these days. We have Zombie parades, Zombie parties, and a bunch of people have a Zombie game.
They get kids, dress some as Zombies, some as humans, and then they play tag in the park.
They run around chasing each other, and if you get tagged – you are a Zombie.
It’s called ‘Humans vs Zombies’ and, they’ve been banned.
The recreation support officer at the City of Glen Eira has said: “Our parks within Glen Eira are not suitable for the type of event you are proposing to organise.”
However Cr Michael Lipshutz insists this was not a refusal: "They may think that it was a refusal, and I accept that but it was not a refusal."
"I'll accept that the wording was unfortunate, but the reality is that they have not been banned, and if they wanted to play in our parks, they'd be welcome to."
This is the same lot that banned Frisbee throwing without a fee. And now, Zombie games. What is this, a campaign against Zombies? A campaign against kids? A campaign to cut back exercise for kids?
This is so much nonsense. Are they worried dogs will be frightened by Zombies?
There’s a prejudice here. It looks like a prejudice against the undead.
So, the elections are coming up. Vote One Zombie!
LISTEN: Neil Mitchell speaks with 'Sue', a mother of a human, and Anthony Osborne, Secretary of Humans vs Zombies Victoria:
to jack, those with black blasters are asked not ti use them as they are against the organisation's rules. As for those running around in Army Camouflage, there are no laws against that, and they are freely available from commercial storesalex Sunday 28 October, 2012 - 12:38 PM
The full story has not been told! I have observed people from "Humans Vs Zombies Victoria" running around with black blasters and Army Camouflage at Karkarook Park in Melbourne's South East. There is quite a few examples of this is on their facebook page, here's just one example http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150911418738984&set=oa.468290683186862&type=1&src=http%3A%2F%2Fsphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-ak-ash3%2F533400_10150911418738984_250527924_n.jpg&size=960%2C720
-JackAnonymous Wednesday 24 October, 2012 - 6:03 PM
BABY BONUS - I heard the clip of Tony Abbott that Neil played this morning before 9am and what I heard made complete sense and I didn't even consider it a slur againgst our Prime Minister until Neil brought it up. Tony abbott was correct in saying that many parents have their children close together, therefore need an additional cot, etc. My children were over 4 years about and it wasn't an issue to me to use hand me downs for my 2nd child.
From a happy Nanna of two.michelle Tuesday 23 October, 2012 - 9:51 AM
Getting kids and teenagers to play outside in a park is a parents dream. It is a kids dream to have lots of kids to play with, dress up and play with their Nerf guns. What problems are occuring that concerns the Council? it could be nowhere near the violence currently being experienced on local street throughout Melbourne. Parks are not just for looking at and nowadays too many parks are empty. Councils need to wake up and embrace change. It is time to have the stuffy suited Councillors booted out!Gayle M Tuesday 23 October, 2012 - 9:40 AM
Councils are ridiculous and a waste of taxpayers money. Another stupid decision to ban something that allows kids to get out and about in 'our' parks and play their games. I heard on your show this morning that the 'zombies' are distinguished by wearing a bandana - big deal and where's the harm in that??? Too many councils in this state / country - they aren't necessary.michelle Tuesday 23 October, 2012 - 9:32 AM