- Child attacked by stranger in park
- Teenage pregnancy declining
- Teenage pregnancy declining
- Officers face misconduct hearing
- Offensive graffiti to be removed
- AFLPA fires back at ASADA
- 'I hope I never have to do it again'
- Why your digital TV cuts out
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- jgl Melb on 'Street culture mixed with Islamism' Why?you ask;Because that thing between the ears that allows the overwhelming majority of us to function normally and more ... more
- Christine on 'Street culture mixed with Islamism' Christ, everytime I turn on the TV it's Muslim this, Muslim that. What are they, the centre of the Universe? I don't think ... more
- Peggy on The angry and the bizarre: Radio ... Smells of corruption.What is even more strange is that Reeva's parents are satisfied with the sentence. Which parent would ... more
- King of Footscray on Paid parking approved for Yarraville Only fair and reasonable in my view, especially considering the reliance of paid parking revenue is currently heaped solely ... more
- Mik on Paid parking approved for Yarraville Its about time councils understand that they work for us, not the other way around. I dont actually think that council can ... more
- cChris watts on Paid parking approved for Yarraville why not get rid of all councils and just install an adminastratoerr..saves us all a small fortune more
- greg scott on Paid parking approved for Yarraville Madness.We do not need this 3rd level of government. more
- Peggy on Paid parking approved for Yarraville It's all about revenue raising so they have more money to give themselves payrises and nice trips around the world.Councils ... more
- Ursula Fajerman on 250 animals face death in bank action Wonderful news about the sanctuary. Thank you to the buyers and 3aw. This is the feel good news people need to wake up to. I ... more
- Catherine on Abbott not a 'mainstream world ... Who cares what the Russians says or believed they are morons like there leader and here in Australia they believe a ... more
- Stephen on 'It's a long rant. It's not banter' Oh lets not spend too much time on this he's an educated professor. Lets concentrate on removing Black from Baa Baa Black ... more
- Yank on Abbott not a 'mainstream world ... You should be proud to have a leader with guts. At least Abott's gotta pair we in the US are stuck with Mom Jeans as a ... more
- Andrea on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' I bought a puppy from Greg and when it started growing I too doubted the breed of my puppy was what I had purchased. So, I ... more
- Brenda Mentz on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' I have owned five miniature poodles and have no doubt this dog is part poodle. But the breed standard for miniature poodles ... more
- Lucy Richards on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' What utter crap this pet shop owner is talking, this dog would have come from a puppy farm. They work as he said on the ... more
- Colin Lacivita on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' How can you expect a dog not to grow and remain small. It's impossible. more
- Fran & Romeo on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' I think that was a poorly conducted interview if you invite people to speak on your show don't try to ridicule them I didn't ... more
- Toby Bushby on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' Looks like a Cavoodle to me, with dominant Poodle genes. They can be very small, or grow to larger than this pup is. Ally ... more
- Mandi on 'We still believe that it was a poodle' Get over it and look after the dog it deserves a good life omg humans! more
- Peggy on Police probe school chook killing What is this need to decapitate anything with some people?I guess it might be training for future "tourists" to the middle ... more
Vote One Zombie: A prejudice against the undead
This is bureaucracy at work – your bureaucracy. This of this as we head into council elections.
A Melbourne council has taken a stand against Zombies, the walking dead.
They are popular are popular these days. We have Zombie parades, Zombie parties, and a bunch of people have a Zombie game.
They get kids, dress some as Zombies, some as humans, and then they play tag in the park.
They run around chasing each other, and if you get tagged – you are a Zombie.
It’s called ‘Humans vs Zombies’ and, they’ve been banned.
The recreation support officer at the City of Glen Eira has said: “Our parks within Glen Eira are not suitable for the type of event you are proposing to organise.”
However Cr Michael Lipshutz insists this was not a refusal: "They may think that it was a refusal, and I accept that but it was not a refusal."
"I'll accept that the wording was unfortunate, but the reality is that they have not been banned, and if they wanted to play in our parks, they'd be welcome to."
This is the same lot that banned Frisbee throwing without a fee. And now, Zombie games. What is this, a campaign against Zombies? A campaign against kids? A campaign to cut back exercise for kids?
This is so much nonsense. Are they worried dogs will be frightened by Zombies?
There’s a prejudice here. It looks like a prejudice against the undead.
So, the elections are coming up. Vote One Zombie!
LISTEN: Neil Mitchell speaks with 'Sue', a mother of a human, and Anthony Osborne, Secretary of Humans vs Zombies Victoria:
to jack, those with black blasters are asked not ti use them as they are against the organisation's rules. As for those running around in Army Camouflage, there are no laws against that, and they are freely available from commercial storesalex Sunday 28 October, 2012 - 12:38 PM
The full story has not been told! I have observed people from "Humans Vs Zombies Victoria" running around with black blasters and Army Camouflage at Karkarook Park in Melbourne's South East. There is quite a few examples of this is on their facebook page, here's just one example http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150911418738984&set=oa.468290683186862&type=1&src=http%3A%2F%2Fsphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-ak-ash3%2F533400_10150911418738984_250527924_n.jpg&size=960%2C720
-JackAnonymous Wednesday 24 October, 2012 - 6:03 PM
BABY BONUS - I heard the clip of Tony Abbott that Neil played this morning before 9am and what I heard made complete sense and I didn't even consider it a slur againgst our Prime Minister until Neil brought it up. Tony abbott was correct in saying that many parents have their children close together, therefore need an additional cot, etc. My children were over 4 years about and it wasn't an issue to me to use hand me downs for my 2nd child.
From a happy Nanna of two.michelle Tuesday 23 October, 2012 - 9:51 AM
Getting kids and teenagers to play outside in a park is a parents dream. It is a kids dream to have lots of kids to play with, dress up and play with their Nerf guns. What problems are occuring that concerns the Council? it could be nowhere near the violence currently being experienced on local street throughout Melbourne. Parks are not just for looking at and nowadays too many parks are empty. Councils need to wake up and embrace change. It is time to have the stuffy suited Councillors booted out!Gayle M Tuesday 23 October, 2012 - 9:40 AM
Councils are ridiculous and a waste of taxpayers money. Another stupid decision to ban something that allows kids to get out and about in 'our' parks and play their games. I heard on your show this morning that the 'zombies' are distinguished by wearing a bandana - big deal and where's the harm in that??? Too many councils in this state / country - they aren't necessary.michelle Tuesday 23 October, 2012 - 9:32 AM