- 'The Easter Bunny is bad for kids'
- Thumbtack terrorists target Kew cyclists
- 'Do we need to see that?': Shaw
- Police to immobilise hoon drivers
- Government warned of pensioner backlash
- Star wheel hits 100,000th customer
- Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania
- FIXED: Bank backs down
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Karl Gawlik on FIXED: Bank backs down Well done Neil and 3AW. I had a similar problem with the same bank, not as serious but still a lot of money was involved. ... more
- sm on Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania Do it Hawks - Do it !! ASAPbetter ground - no covering to "protect fully matured men from rain etc etc"DO IT HAWKS more
- Ron G on FIXED: Bank backs down Ditch the Combank.Take accounts to Bendigo or Community based Bank more
- Amazed on FIXED: Bank backs down Yep my tears are flowing as well. How can you not have tears... more
- Amazed on Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania You have to be kidding Jeff Why TASMANIA :( more
- Graham on Kennett: Move Hawks to Tasmania May Jeff Kennett should move to Launceston. Has he considered 60,000 true and passionate members ? What an amazing statement ... more
- Colin Lacivita on FIXED: Bank backs down We all in the community would be lost without 3AW and Neil Mitchell CBA should know better the poor guy shouldn't have to ... more
- Noel Goodear on FIXED: Bank backs down My shares in the Commonwealth Bank says help the family, you might be right legally but where is your compassion - he has ... more
- Neddy on FIXED: Bank backs down Bloody Greedy COMMONWEALTH BANK. I removed my term deposit from this GREEDY bank in January because of their SNEEKY charges. ... more
- Chez on FIXED: Bank backs down Mr Simpson I am feeling for you and your family, re your situation. I am elated with the Commonwealth Bank, Its wonderful ... more
- Milton on FIXED: Bank backs down Neil:They shouldn't have to be dragged kicking and screaming to that position.Sorry, good move but no credit to them I am ... more
- Gavan Wignall on FIXED: Bank backs down Thanks Neil. Well done sorting the Commbank. Stuart is a former colleague of mine and having worked with him for 7 years can ... more
- David on FIXED: Bank backs down Just like warranties on cars.. not worth the paper they are written on.. I hope CBA come to this families aid but I doubt ... more
- Dame Mylene on 'Rats are eating my new home': Family's ... The rats are winning. more
- Dame Mylene on Speed camera mystery: Is this the ... They could save a lot of money by just sending out fines to P platers that drive sports utes. Before you can own one you ... more
- poppitt on 'Rats are eating my new home': Family's ... Why would it be the builders fault? more
- Stephen on Demetriou on Sunday night's clash There lays the problem with the AFL thinking Sunday night football suits the supporters. REALLY!! more
- Keith J on School porn incident 'isolated' Being the father of the other child i understand the frustration and anger.This is an unfortunate event that has taken ... more
- Christine on Jealous parents target Bonds babies To the people who shared their poisoness views, how totally disgusting, you should be ashamed of yourselves. more
- Ms Bobby Cobani on Rosie Batty's anger at TV host I hope Chief Commissioner and other prominent males speak up. No one can know the type of fear Rosie is talking about. ... more
Vote One Zombie: A prejudice against the undead
This is bureaucracy at work – your bureaucracy. This of this as we head into council elections.
A Melbourne council has taken a stand against Zombies, the walking dead.
They are popular are popular these days. We have Zombie parades, Zombie parties, and a bunch of people have a Zombie game.
They get kids, dress some as Zombies, some as humans, and then they play tag in the park.
They run around chasing each other, and if you get tagged – you are a Zombie.
It’s called ‘Humans vs Zombies’ and, they’ve been banned.
The recreation support officer at the City of Glen Eira has said: “Our parks within Glen Eira are not suitable for the type of event you are proposing to organise.”
However Cr Michael Lipshutz insists this was not a refusal: "They may think that it was a refusal, and I accept that but it was not a refusal."
"I'll accept that the wording was unfortunate, but the reality is that they have not been banned, and if they wanted to play in our parks, they'd be welcome to."
This is the same lot that banned Frisbee throwing without a fee. And now, Zombie games. What is this, a campaign against Zombies? A campaign against kids? A campaign to cut back exercise for kids?
This is so much nonsense. Are they worried dogs will be frightened by Zombies?
There’s a prejudice here. It looks like a prejudice against the undead.
So, the elections are coming up. Vote One Zombie!
LISTEN: Neil Mitchell speaks with 'Sue', a mother of a human, and Anthony Osborne, Secretary of Humans vs Zombies Victoria:
to jack, those with black blasters are asked not ti use them as they are against the organisation's rules. As for those running around in Army Camouflage, there are no laws against that, and they are freely available from commercial storesalex Sunday 28 October, 2012 - 12:38 PM
The full story has not been told! I have observed people from "Humans Vs Zombies Victoria" running around with black blasters and Army Camouflage at Karkarook Park in Melbourne's South East. There is quite a few examples of this is on their facebook page, here's just one example http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150911418738984&set=oa.468290683186862&type=1&src=http%3A%2F%2Fsphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-ak-ash3%2F533400_10150911418738984_250527924_n.jpg&size=960%2C720
-JackAnonymous Wednesday 24 October, 2012 - 6:03 PM
BABY BONUS - I heard the clip of Tony Abbott that Neil played this morning before 9am and what I heard made complete sense and I didn't even consider it a slur againgst our Prime Minister until Neil brought it up. Tony abbott was correct in saying that many parents have their children close together, therefore need an additional cot, etc. My children were over 4 years about and it wasn't an issue to me to use hand me downs for my 2nd child.
From a happy Nanna of two.michelle Tuesday 23 October, 2012 - 9:51 AM
Getting kids and teenagers to play outside in a park is a parents dream. It is a kids dream to have lots of kids to play with, dress up and play with their Nerf guns. What problems are occuring that concerns the Council? it could be nowhere near the violence currently being experienced on local street throughout Melbourne. Parks are not just for looking at and nowadays too many parks are empty. Councils need to wake up and embrace change. It is time to have the stuffy suited Councillors booted out!Gayle M Tuesday 23 October, 2012 - 9:40 AM
Councils are ridiculous and a waste of taxpayers money. Another stupid decision to ban something that allows kids to get out and about in 'our' parks and play their games. I heard on your show this morning that the 'zombies' are distinguished by wearing a bandana - big deal and where's the harm in that??? Too many councils in this state / country - they aren't necessary.michelle Tuesday 23 October, 2012 - 9:32 AM