- Germaine Greer has just kicked Bambi
- 'Miss a meeting, don't get paid'
- What's the cost of scrapping EW Link?
- Beams' transfer a sign of trouble?
- Melbourne-Geelong speed increase dismissed - for now
- 'Congratulations Melbourne'
- 'Melbourne is evolving by accident'
- Toddler hospitalised after snake bite
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Ran on 'Miss a meeting, don't get paid' These Government job agencies don't find jobs. They get a cut when a jobseeker finds a job without their help. They're main ... more
- David R on 'Miss a meeting, don't get paid' "breaches human rights obligations"... Really , in what universe? Does that apply to all parts of the globe? Does that apply ... more
- poppitt on What's the cost of scrapping EW Link? Maybe the liberals should have ripped up the desal contract, and the myki contract, may have saved some money there too! We ... more
- Peggy on What's the cost of scrapping EW Link? Instead of forcing us to vote Liberal at the November election because it will cost us far too much to vote Labor, Liberals ... more
- Dave on Melbourne-Geelong speed increase ... Maybe they don't want to change the speed limit to 110 kph because that would mean that they would have to adjust the speed ... more
- Mark on 'Melbourne is evolving by accident' Neil is so out of tough with reality! All major cities around the World have to have highrise apartment buildings. Melbourne ... more
- PJ on 'Melbourne is evolving by accident' the elephant in the room is immigration. Mass immigration. In the UK Labor apologised for it. It brings more problems that ... more
- otto on Melbourne-Geelong speed increase ... To raise the limit on an existing road, would be detrimental to the revenue raising machine and nanny state road safety ... more
- Glenda on Melbourne-Geelong speed increase ... What about the 80k speed limit on the Calder freeway - about 23k of slowway between Keilor & Thunderdome at Calder ... more
- Peggy on Melbourne-Geelong speed increase ... Rubbish.They need to decrease limits not increase due to not making enough from speeding fines now. more
- michael on Melbourne-Geelong speed increase ... To raise the limit on an existing road would be detrimental to the revenue raising machine and nanny state road safety ... more
- acetrim on Melbourne-Geelong speed increase ... not a word about hawks supporters booing goodes every time he went near the ball more
- Colin Lacivita on Melbourne-Geelong speed increase ... The Speed limit on the Geelong road is too high. The Police are right not to increase it. There are to many trill seekers on ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Jeff Kennett: 'Don't boo Buddy' Don't worry Jeff we won't boo Buddy we'll all boo you Jeff for stuffing up the state when you were in power. more
- Jason & Lissy on Jeff Kennett: 'Don't boo Buddy' Lissy & I say that there are Victorians who will not be getting behind Hawthorn and those who will be. more
- Milton on Jeff Kennett: 'Don't boo Buddy' Jeff: I agree with you booing anyone is poor sportsmanship and childish. more
- Aaaa on Ice driving killer verdict 'not ... It doesn't set a good example does it! Just proves how easily anyone can get away with a situation like this. They are ... more
- Lukew on Ice driving killer verdict 'not ... What would be enough? more
- Gazza on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... The yanks spend billions on the biggest and baddest weapons,time to use them all,now. more
- Steve on Australia in for 'long haul' against ... One of your most most stupid statements so far mylyene! more
Vote One Zombie: A prejudice against the undead
This is bureaucracy at work – your bureaucracy. This of this as we head into council elections.
A Melbourne council has taken a stand against Zombies, the walking dead.
They are popular are popular these days. We have Zombie parades, Zombie parties, and a bunch of people have a Zombie game.
They get kids, dress some as Zombies, some as humans, and then they play tag in the park.
They run around chasing each other, and if you get tagged – you are a Zombie.
It’s called ‘Humans vs Zombies’ and, they’ve been banned.
The recreation support officer at the City of Glen Eira has said: “Our parks within Glen Eira are not suitable for the type of event you are proposing to organise.”
However Cr Michael Lipshutz insists this was not a refusal: "They may think that it was a refusal, and I accept that but it was not a refusal."
"I'll accept that the wording was unfortunate, but the reality is that they have not been banned, and if they wanted to play in our parks, they'd be welcome to."
This is the same lot that banned Frisbee throwing without a fee. And now, Zombie games. What is this, a campaign against Zombies? A campaign against kids? A campaign to cut back exercise for kids?
This is so much nonsense. Are they worried dogs will be frightened by Zombies?
There’s a prejudice here. It looks like a prejudice against the undead.
So, the elections are coming up. Vote One Zombie!
LISTEN: Neil Mitchell speaks with 'Sue', a mother of a human, and Anthony Osborne, Secretary of Humans vs Zombies Victoria:
to jack, those with black blasters are asked not ti use them as they are against the organisation's rules. As for those running around in Army Camouflage, there are no laws against that, and they are freely available from commercial storesalex Sunday 28 October, 2012 - 12:38 PM
The full story has not been told! I have observed people from "Humans Vs Zombies Victoria" running around with black blasters and Army Camouflage at Karkarook Park in Melbourne's South East. There is quite a few examples of this is on their facebook page, here's just one example http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150911418738984&set=oa.468290683186862&type=1&src=http%3A%2F%2Fsphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-ak-ash3%2F533400_10150911418738984_250527924_n.jpg&size=960%2C720
-JackAnonymous Wednesday 24 October, 2012 - 6:03 PM
BABY BONUS - I heard the clip of Tony Abbott that Neil played this morning before 9am and what I heard made complete sense and I didn't even consider it a slur againgst our Prime Minister until Neil brought it up. Tony abbott was correct in saying that many parents have their children close together, therefore need an additional cot, etc. My children were over 4 years about and it wasn't an issue to me to use hand me downs for my 2nd child.
From a happy Nanna of two.michelle Tuesday 23 October, 2012 - 9:51 AM
Getting kids and teenagers to play outside in a park is a parents dream. It is a kids dream to have lots of kids to play with, dress up and play with their Nerf guns. What problems are occuring that concerns the Council? it could be nowhere near the violence currently being experienced on local street throughout Melbourne. Parks are not just for looking at and nowadays too many parks are empty. Councils need to wake up and embrace change. It is time to have the stuffy suited Councillors booted out!Gayle M Tuesday 23 October, 2012 - 9:40 AM
Councils are ridiculous and a waste of taxpayers money. Another stupid decision to ban something that allows kids to get out and about in 'our' parks and play their games. I heard on your show this morning that the 'zombies' are distinguished by wearing a bandana - big deal and where's the harm in that??? Too many councils in this state / country - they aren't necessary.michelle Tuesday 23 October, 2012 - 9:32 AM