- Take away Camilleri's privileges
- Racial abuse on the rise
- Why demean Gallipoli?
- 'Geoff Shaw should quit parliament'
- Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal with James Hird and Essendon
- 'The AFL and Essendon drug scandal is back'
- Mandate for Abbott?
- Fairfield station's new holding cell
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- BRENDA on Black Saturday survivor: The money's ... something to consider, people. While the fire victims need counselling many veterans from Afghanistan and other places who ... more
- Gloria on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... Can't believe the vitriol levelled at Andrew, he is telling the truth and if Essendon or some benefactor is paying Hird he ... more
- CHRIS WATTS on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... DOES THIS 2 MILLION DOLLAR A YEAR MAN REALLY KNOW WHAT DAY IT IS more
- mylene on Why demean Gallipoli? Keating did really well in the ratings and was never out of the top 10. Maybe they could follow it up with Andrew Bolt ... more
- JamesD on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... Herald continues with banner headlines on AFL & Demetriou - during the year Fairfax seemed to know lot more about issue. Is ... more
- Robert Rich on 'The AFL and Essendon drug scandal is ... I believe if James Hird took the AFL to court he would have won what a joke sack Andrew more
- Maureen on 'Geoff Shaw should quit parliament' He was found NOT guilty of anything and has left plenty of egg on the face of Mitchell, the Herald Sun and feral Labor ... more
- Matthew on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... I wonder how Demetriou will cope in jail? Because that's what this is all about, he is facing a jail sentence if found ... more
- Jake on Why demean Gallipoli? Would anyone expect different of bagman Keating? more
- Jake on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... This is not about integrity and doing teh right thing. Rather it is about protecting the AFL brand and for Andrew ... more
- Jake on 'Geoff Shaw should quit parliament' That Shaw is a disgrace is not in question But I disagree that he should resign. Let the ballot box decide at the next ... more
- mylene on Mandate for Abbott? "One blue"?? He's tried to start conflict with both Indonesia and China and sent ASIO after Aussie lawyers. If the rest of ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Why demean Gallipoli? @Milton posting - yes an excellent comment indeed. Maybe we right thinking voters should have a Hall of Shame in the ... more
- Tim on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... So what's the threat tape that's been rumoured??I doubt Demetrio will survive this and he should take Wilson with him. more
- Albert chapman on Why demean Gallipoli? Neil Gallipoli is important in our history but not the "Birth of the Nation". I believe the event of December 1854 at Eureka ... more
- nat carr on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... If no Essendon player is stood down for taking illegal drugs then Essendon and the AFL have done the deal . more
- Greg on 'Geoff Shaw should quit parliament' Australia is far too lenient when it comes to Politicians indiscretions.That's why they all rort the system.When it comes to ... more
- Willow on Why demean Gallipoli? I have always detested Keating and believe that he and Hawke were/are both evil men. more
- Aaron on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... Gloria, more fool you if you believe Andrew D. AD is a criminal himself. more
- Aaron on Andrew Demetriou denies secret deal ... Craig, this story has nothing to do with what Essendon may or may not have done. It has ALL to do with how dodgy the AFL ... more
Vote One Zombie: A prejudice against the undead
This is bureaucracy at work – your bureaucracy. This of this as we head into council elections.
A Melbourne council has taken a stand against Zombies, the walking dead.
They are popular are popular these days. We have Zombie parades, Zombie parties, and a bunch of people have a Zombie game.
They get kids, dress some as Zombies, some as humans, and then they play tag in the park.
They run around chasing each other, and if you get tagged – you are a Zombie.
It’s called ‘Humans vs Zombies’ and, they’ve been banned.
The recreation support officer at the City of Glen Eira has said: “Our parks within Glen Eira are not suitable for the type of event you are proposing to organise.”
However Cr Michael Lipshutz insists this was not a refusal: "They may think that it was a refusal, and I accept that but it was not a refusal."
"I'll accept that the wording was unfortunate, but the reality is that they have not been banned, and if they wanted to play in our parks, they'd be welcome to."
This is the same lot that banned Frisbee throwing without a fee. And now, Zombie games. What is this, a campaign against Zombies? A campaign against kids? A campaign to cut back exercise for kids?
This is so much nonsense. Are they worried dogs will be frightened by Zombies?
There’s a prejudice here. It looks like a prejudice against the undead.
So, the elections are coming up. Vote One Zombie!
LISTEN: Neil Mitchell speaks with 'Sue', a mother of a human, and Anthony Osborne, Secretary of Humans vs Zombies Victoria:
to jack, those with black blasters are asked not ti use them as they are against the organisation's rules. As for those running around in Army Camouflage, there are no laws against that, and they are freely available from commercial storesalex Sunday 28 October, 2012 - 12:38 PM
The full story has not been told! I have observed people from "Humans Vs Zombies Victoria" running around with black blasters and Army Camouflage at Karkarook Park in Melbourne's South East. There is quite a few examples of this is on their facebook page, here's just one example http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150911418738984&set=oa.468290683186862&type=1&src=http%3A%2F%2Fsphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-ak-ash3%2F533400_10150911418738984_250527924_n.jpg&size=960%2C720
-JackAnonymous Wednesday 24 October, 2012 - 6:03 PM
BABY BONUS - I heard the clip of Tony Abbott that Neil played this morning before 9am and what I heard made complete sense and I didn't even consider it a slur againgst our Prime Minister until Neil brought it up. Tony abbott was correct in saying that many parents have their children close together, therefore need an additional cot, etc. My children were over 4 years about and it wasn't an issue to me to use hand me downs for my 2nd child.
From a happy Nanna of two.michelle Tuesday 23 October, 2012 - 9:51 AM
Getting kids and teenagers to play outside in a park is a parents dream. It is a kids dream to have lots of kids to play with, dress up and play with their Nerf guns. What problems are occuring that concerns the Council? it could be nowhere near the violence currently being experienced on local street throughout Melbourne. Parks are not just for looking at and nowadays too many parks are empty. Councils need to wake up and embrace change. It is time to have the stuffy suited Councillors booted out!Gayle M Tuesday 23 October, 2012 - 9:40 AM
Councils are ridiculous and a waste of taxpayers money. Another stupid decision to ban something that allows kids to get out and about in 'our' parks and play their games. I heard on your show this morning that the 'zombies' are distinguished by wearing a bandana - big deal and where's the harm in that??? Too many councils in this state / country - they aren't necessary.michelle Tuesday 23 October, 2012 - 9:32 AM