- Anger over abortion clinic protest
- 'My dogs didn't do this'
- Playful seal salutes beachgoers
- 'This smells like a Napthine government rort'
- Cruel thieves swipe oxygen trolley
- 'We need to get tough on truckies'
- Hinch freed from jail sans beard
- Woman nearly dies after lack of labelling
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jane on 'My dogs didn't do this' Yes all animals are loved. So what that's not a defence anymore than a thug's mother saying he is always a lovely boy and ... more
- katie on 'My dogs didn't do this' I am an animal lover, both cat and dog, i had a jack russell and CAT, few years ago, my jack russell attacked my cat and ... more
- annie king on 'My dogs didn't do this' these types of dogs should be more secured in anyones yard, she has not done this otherwise the dog would not have got out, ... more
- ian on 'My dogs didn't do this' Pam, If they were my dogs I would have done it at my own expense.?? Oh as if they were "MY DOGS" why should other people ... more
- pam on 'My dogs didn't do this' Ian, read the story.The lady has been at the Dept of Housing who own the property next door to have fences replaced.No funds ... more
- Sarah on 'My dogs didn't do this' My dogs chase and kill rabbits. Is my Council going to put them down or give them a reward. Come on!!! Animals have animal ... more
- Wendy on 'My dogs didn't do this' I am THE ultimate cat lover, however, if cats and dogs are not raised together, they are natural enemies( I also believe ... more
- ian on 'My dogs didn't do this' Why has she not had these dogs or dog registered,as she was told.Also fix the fences up. No excuse.?? more
- Samantha Piercy on 'My dogs didn't do this' I really hope the Frankston Council and Mayor of Frankston offer some kind of support to the family after the council put ... more
- Mark on 'My dogs didn't do this' Councils are siuch heartless animals.THEY are the cruel animals - who's going to punish THEM for the blood on THEIR hands! more
- wayne on Playful seal salutes beachgoers Wildlife officers should have been there to stop people getting to close, the elephant seal that was on a Perth beach ... more
- Mandi on Playful seal salutes beachgoers I couldn't agree more. more
- Angelo on Playful seal salutes beachgoers ^way to kill the mood!Great pics, great fun story more
- Greg on 'This smells like a Napthine government ... It's easy to stop the rort,don't play them. more
- Luke on Playful seal salutes beachgoers People are so clueless to what damage a wild seal can do to someone, particularly a child. But then many people are totally ... more
- ivan tipp on 'We need to get tough on truckies' Truckie bashing is GREAT for a few points Neil. But remember the driver of that small truck was a ratbag. more
- poppitt on Hinch freed from jail sans beard 50 days for $100,000.00 wow why would anyone pay fines. more
- jgl Melb on Hinch freed from jail sans beard A garden variety prison release,or the second coming of Christ? more
- Gloria on Hinch freed from jail sans beard Derryn, please, please, please grow your beard back. more
- PH on Hinch freed from jail sans beard My first though looking at that photo was Darren James in 30 years time. more
Vote One Zombie: A prejudice against the undead
This is bureaucracy at work – your bureaucracy. This of this as we head into council elections.
A Melbourne council has taken a stand against Zombies, the walking dead.
They are popular are popular these days. We have Zombie parades, Zombie parties, and a bunch of people have a Zombie game.
They get kids, dress some as Zombies, some as humans, and then they play tag in the park.
They run around chasing each other, and if you get tagged – you are a Zombie.
It’s called ‘Humans vs Zombies’ and, they’ve been banned.
The recreation support officer at the City of Glen Eira has said: “Our parks within Glen Eira are not suitable for the type of event you are proposing to organise.”
However Cr Michael Lipshutz insists this was not a refusal: "They may think that it was a refusal, and I accept that but it was not a refusal."
"I'll accept that the wording was unfortunate, but the reality is that they have not been banned, and if they wanted to play in our parks, they'd be welcome to."
This is the same lot that banned Frisbee throwing without a fee. And now, Zombie games. What is this, a campaign against Zombies? A campaign against kids? A campaign to cut back exercise for kids?
This is so much nonsense. Are they worried dogs will be frightened by Zombies?
There’s a prejudice here. It looks like a prejudice against the undead.
So, the elections are coming up. Vote One Zombie!
LISTEN: Neil Mitchell speaks with 'Sue', a mother of a human, and Anthony Osborne, Secretary of Humans vs Zombies Victoria:
to jack, those with black blasters are asked not ti use them as they are against the organisation's rules. As for those running around in Army Camouflage, there are no laws against that, and they are freely available from commercial storesalex Sunday 28 October, 2012 - 12:38 PM
The full story has not been told! I have observed people from "Humans Vs Zombies Victoria" running around with black blasters and Army Camouflage at Karkarook Park in Melbourne's South East. There is quite a few examples of this is on their facebook page, here's just one example http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150911418738984&set=oa.468290683186862&type=1&src=http%3A%2F%2Fsphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-ak-ash3%2F533400_10150911418738984_250527924_n.jpg&size=960%2C720
-JackAnonymous Wednesday 24 October, 2012 - 6:03 PM
BABY BONUS - I heard the clip of Tony Abbott that Neil played this morning before 9am and what I heard made complete sense and I didn't even consider it a slur againgst our Prime Minister until Neil brought it up. Tony abbott was correct in saying that many parents have their children close together, therefore need an additional cot, etc. My children were over 4 years about and it wasn't an issue to me to use hand me downs for my 2nd child.
From a happy Nanna of two.michelle Tuesday 23 October, 2012 - 9:51 AM
Getting kids and teenagers to play outside in a park is a parents dream. It is a kids dream to have lots of kids to play with, dress up and play with their Nerf guns. What problems are occuring that concerns the Council? it could be nowhere near the violence currently being experienced on local street throughout Melbourne. Parks are not just for looking at and nowadays too many parks are empty. Councils need to wake up and embrace change. It is time to have the stuffy suited Councillors booted out!Gayle M Tuesday 23 October, 2012 - 9:40 AM
Councils are ridiculous and a waste of taxpayers money. Another stupid decision to ban something that allows kids to get out and about in 'our' parks and play their games. I heard on your show this morning that the 'zombies' are distinguished by wearing a bandana - big deal and where's the harm in that??? Too many councils in this state / country - they aren't necessary.michelle Tuesday 23 October, 2012 - 9:32 AM