- Victoria gets a sprinkling of the white stuff
- 'I'm angry at the mums for doing this'
- AFL boss's plans to lure fans back
- Why we need to fix the welfare system
- ACGA boss: 'I'm not happy'
- Driver captures unmarked camera car
- 'Banks need to improve their reputation'
- 'I feel like I've earned this'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Aria Judilla on Victoria gets a sprinkling of the white ... PJ, like most uneducated people, you're confusing "Climate Change" with "Global Warming". Do some research. more
- PJ on Victoria gets a sprinkling of the white ... This won't please the Warmists, looking to justify handing large sums of Aussie cash to greedy big bonus European Bankers! more
- David R on Victoria gets a sprinkling of the white ... Monstrous = old.It would have been there before they built the shopping centre and the council probably either wanted them ... more
- Gloss on Victoria gets a sprinkling of the white ... Tanya, perhaps their bloody stupid Council woudn't let them get rid of it. When weather events, like we have been ... more
- Hooksy of the Bush on Victoria gets a sprinkling of the white ... Tanya, don't you mean why on earth did someone build a car park under a monstrous gum tree? more
- heisdeadjim on Victoria gets a sprinkling of the white ... @Tanya. Being my local, there's a chance the tree was there before the car park...m more
- Tanya on Victoria gets a sprinkling of the white ... Re the tree down in Coles - Bayswater.Why on earth did someone plant a monstrous gum tree in a car park?The mind boggles. more
- IBARKER on Ron Iddles: 'This could actually save ... This is not only a man V women it can happen the other way. more
- Milton on Ron Iddles: 'This could actually save ... Why wait for 3 breaches, why not 2 or possibly just 1? more
- Steve on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... How can this man expect anybody to believe such rubbish? Recording a private conversation is legal as long as it is not ... more
- Joe Garra on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Why did they destroy someone else's property?? more
- Eric on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... What a beat up,who cares it is of no importance in the running of the State. Just another example of Neil Mitchell making a ... more
- poppitt on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... It appears Mr Andrews likes to call other politicians out for lying, cheating, stealing, but when it comes to members of his ... more
- Vallipuram on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... so it is ok to vandalise someone elses property As leader of opposition you accept responsibility for vandalism of property ... more
- Dallas on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Peter dalglish forget about tying to find the State Labor website on-line the way you spell you'll end up at a maternity ... more
- Stephen on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Oh and Mr Andrews the property was not yours to destroy!! So theft and criminal damage! The potential charges grow!! more
- Marko on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... I'd like to know why no police charges have been laid against Daniel Andrews, Kosmos Samaras, etc? When I was a cop it was ... more
- Bruce on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Mr Andrews still did not take responsibility!He repeatedly stated "It is my responsibility to get to the bottom of it"He ... more
- Bob on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Dead man walking, Mr Andrews. You expect us to believe that all those around you knew about the tape, what was on it, copied ... more
- Kate on WATCH: Daniel Andrews takes full ... Interesting comment he makes in the second half of the tape at 8.07 - "I first heard this and I am not entirely sure I have ... more
Waugh reveals his personal life’s ‘luck’
Cricket legend Steve Waugh has opened up about his private life and his wife's journey to recovery.
In 2008, the former test captain’s wife Lynette Waugh went into hospital with a blood clot in her brain.
Waugh was on a book tour when he received the “dreaded phone call” from his father-in-law telling him he needed to be in Sydney as quick as possible.
According to Waugh, with every subsequent phone call that night his wife’s condition worsened.
WATCH: See the full interview with Steve Waugh here
The star cricketer, who managed to find a private plane after no domestic flights were available, described the solo trip from Melbourne to Sydney as the longest hour of his life after a close friend asked him to prepare himself “for the worst case scenario”.
“Sitting on a plane by myself, just wondering what was going to happen, whether she was still going to be alive, if she wasn’t I’ve got three young kids, how am I going to cope with that, so everything I’d achieved on the sporting field went out the window,” he told Neil Mitchell this morning.
“Everything gets put into perspective when one of your family members is ill or sick.
Waugh’s wife has now recovered in what he believes was a testament to her positive attitude.
“She never complained once … she just said ‘how am I going to get better?’.
“That’s where the title of the book came from, The Meaning of Luck, and it was really inspired by Lynette when she said her stroke was a stroke of ‘luck’.”