- Hackers target webcams
- Keep on holding on
- 'I don't deserve this'
- Car park rip-off
- Photo: Cane toad in Melbourne?
- Shrine shadow building approved
- From the steps of Parliament
- Is this Xmas tree worth $1m?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Paul on 'I don't deserve this' Solomons' Sword. You really think it happens that way. Your a joke.If your happy waiting 16mins for an Ambulance while ... more
- MikeO on 'I don't deserve this' Ambos need a pay rise but there many other people who need them too. I do not like people paid by the tax payer using their ... more
- Randal Woods on 'I don't deserve this' Solomon's Sword, you are obviously a moron. What ambo stands over patients, asking who they will vote for before they treat ... more
- Andrew on 'I don't deserve this' Advocating for patients is a professional trait and being outspoken is acceptable in that context. However, I'm not sure if ... more
- Solomons' Sword on 'I don't deserve this' Paramedic standing over a sick patient: "Who are you going to vote for" before deciding what treatment to administer...Some ... more
- Deffa on 'I don't deserve this' @ David, It is not the same deal. The potential labour offer is 12% over 2 years, Governmet offer is 12% over 3 yrs. There ... more
- Janelle on Photo: Cane toad in Melbourne? Looks like a 'Banjo Frog' to me. Found one in Greensborough. more
- Sam Maglitto on 'I don't deserve this' Over this Union lead Dispute, yes I think Ambos and Paramedics deserve a better deal, But using the Vehicles and their ... more
- Heather on 'I don't deserve this' Unbelievable!!! This story has just decided my vote! Thank you Louise for your service (ditto to all other paramedics) and ... more
- Anna Brown on 'I don't deserve this' Louise is an incredibly hard working & dedicated paramedic. Paramedics work long hours in what r often traumatic & ... more
- IBARKER on 'I don't deserve this' Wear the uniform ?? but not your political "VIEWS""" more
- Marsha on Photo: Cane toad in Melbourne? I had a look at some photos as I didn't think the feet looked like a cane toad. Thanks for the Pobblebonk name - feet are ... more
- Lukew on 'I don't deserve this' The ambulance service should not be political and I think the disciplinary action for using the uniform to promote a ... more
- David on 'I don't deserve this' They were offered the same deal they said Labor offered and they would accept.. This is another example of Union thugs ... more
- Peggy on 'I don't deserve this' If she wants to make it personal then she should protest. Even if in uniform she can protest but to represent her employer ... more
- The quiet 'medic on 'I don't deserve this' Not mentioned here is that wearing our uniform for union actions outside of work is covered under protected industrial ... more
- Mark Cornford on 'I don't deserve this' It's getting to the stage that the Ambo's will soon ask if you are Liberal or Labour and if you are not what they support ... more
- Kylie on 'I don't deserve this' This gives one some insight into the bullying culture ambos cop under Ambulance Victoria. They treat ambos like utter ... more
- Kris on 'I don't deserve this' Yeah it seems pathetic but if it is policy you knew about it and you broke the rules then you should get punished for it. more
- Angry Ambo on 'I don't deserve this' This is yet another example of Ambulance Victoria's adversarial management approach toward their employees. They ... more
'We don't teach drivers properly, and this survey says so'
We have a leaked copy of something that could set the template for road safety in Victoria. This could drive and effect exactly what the policy is.
The state government has been mucking around with road safety. The road toll has been climbing and we have awful figures for October.
The ‘Arrive Alive’ strategy expired and wasn’t replaced.
Now, almost two years in to its term of office, perhaps the government is getting ready to act. Let’s see.
In this leaked copy of the report on the biggest survey of community attitudes run around the road toll, there are a few surprises. For example, one of the major problems on the roads according to this is texting while driving, and the majority believe the penalities for testing need to be tougher.
Older drivers are also a worry. People are concerned by older drivers who are beyond driving. There is also strong support for tougher penalties on hooning.
And guess what the main issue, the top of the top ten issues concerning people is: driver education. The main issue is to increase young driver awareness of road safety risks.
That ties to driver training to me. Defensive driver training, better driver training – something I’ve been campaigning for now for probably 15 years.
We don’t teach drivers properly, and this survey says so. Because you know.
There’s very little support for a night curfew for young drivers, but drug driving is seen as a big issue. The TAC sponsorship of sport is seen as a waste of money.
I believe the government has been dragging its feet on road safety, and I know some senior Police share that view.
So now the government has been told by you, what happens? What does it do? What should it do?
Well to start, it’s time to get serious; enough mucking around. The road toll matters to every citizen and it’s time to act.
People need to be taught how to drive a car,not just how to pass a test.They need to be shown what trucks can and cant do,braking ect,as a truck driver I see this every day and I am getting sick and tired of the stupidity of car drivers causing near misses and accidents everyday.The police need to be more visible on the roads and enforce every road law(keeping to the left)When a car passes 3 to 4 cars up an emergency lane and then me in my truck at night and then proceeds to merge in to the left lane but she didnt relise that she wasnt passed me,hits the side of my truck spins around and I pushed her up the road sideways,when the police arrive they tell me there will be no report made as no one was hurt.Now if I did that in my truck as what the car driver did I would hate to think what I would be charged with.This sort of stupidity happens every day neil and is getting worse,people need to know that if you play in front of a moving truck there is a very good chance that you will be DEAD end of story.Is it really worth getting home 20 seconds earlier because the majority of the time your behind that same car at the next set of lightscorey Saturday 24 November, 2012 - 10:06 PM
A driver's attitude towards road safety is formed from their understanding of the hazards and techniques to defend agaianst them. Defensive driving is about knowledge, attitude and skill and should be part of licencing not just the ability to move off, steer and stop in accordance with road rules. Why not have the nationally acredited road safety skill set as a pre requisite to going for a licence?Justin Tuesday 13 November, 2012 - 7:28 AM
I'm a young driver recently off my probationary license. Several months ago I completed a defensive drivers course with AAMI that was offered for free as I have full comprehensive cover, it is also offered to young drivers who have full comp with them. I believe the course offered a practical way to learn about speed, emergency braking and a safe breaking distance. They also covered driver attitudes and decision making in regards to a whole range of situations. I also learnt about tyre pressure and tread. As a young driver I've strongly recommended the course to friends and family. I believe it should be something you complete either as part of the later stages of the learner period, or as soon as the probationary license is obtained. Not a bad idea to complete a refresher courses either. People seem to forget they are driving a dangerous piece of machinery, not a bumper car.Rose Tuesday 30 October, 2012 - 9:45 PM
why cant new cars and all trucks have speed limiters in them its so simple....
people go over the speed limmit all the time neil why dont you get up from the chair and get a raddar and do a experiment on speeding motoriststeve Friday 26 October, 2012 - 7:04 PM
the government likes people speeding so its gets revenue. All they have do is get police cars on the road and people will start to behave, behind the wheel and start booking motorist from police cars at the moment people think they can go as fast as they wantdavid Friday 26 October, 2012 - 6:58 PM
october is the start of daylight savings maybe why so many accidents on roads during this month. .hoddo Thursday 25 October, 2012 - 10:14 PM