- David Davis denies Greg Sassella dispute
- Plan B: 'We have no choice'
- The Leaning Tower of Stupidity
- 'I do hate this guy, he killed my husband': Sue Parsons
- 'Something needs to be done about this'
- 'You're responsible': Socialist Moreland councillor points the finger at Neil
- Germaine Greer has just kicked Bambi
- 'Miss a meeting, don't get paid'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- poppitt on Plan B: 'We have no choice' If you have debt you pay interest. The more debt the more interest. Why is it people do not want to pay the debt? Do they ... more
- Lukew on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... The attack on that poor Muslim woman was appalling and would be roundly detested by most people. However, the Moreland ... more
- brendon on 'Something needs to be done about this' total moron !!!!! more
- Frances on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... HOW ON EARTH WAS SOMEONE LIKE SUE BOLTON EVEN ELECTED INTO BECOMING COUNCILLOR??? MAKING MASSIVE ACCUSATIONS OF PEOPLE ... more
- PJ on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... Four things need to happen to solve the problem:1.The continued expansion and growing influence of ISIS/ISIL needs to be ... more
- IBARKER on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... She is a PERSON,That wants to divide us. "IN OUR SOCIETY.??? more
- IBARKER on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... This Sue Bolton is an absolute disgrace to the people that voted her in. more
- John on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... Cr Bolton you are a disgrace. You are unbelievable and totally lacking in credability. more
- Colin Lacivita on 'Something needs to be done about this' If I saw this happen I would have grabbed the guy and pulled him off. This is utterly reckless. more
- AA on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... I no longer listen to 3AW. It is clear that the station and its commentators are doing nothing about promoting ... more
- andy on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... cr bolton is going to be in state/ federal,she sounds just like a politician more
- CHRIS WATTS on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... does not like it when he is accused of something but boy, can he hand it out.... more
- Ricta on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... White, anglo saxon people should be banned from protesting on racial issues.1 of the biggest problems in this world is ... more
- Barney on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... Councillor Sue Bolton reminds me of the saying " if you cant be part of the solution ,don't be part of the problem . 3aw ... more
- Gloria on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... Sue Bolton is a radical left wing Socialist, she is a trouble maker and was very strongly opposed to CCTV in Moreland. This ... more
- poppitt on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... The Burqa should be banned the in the same way as motor bike helmets etc., in banks, fuel stations, and when stopped by the ... more
- Jester4212 on 'You're responsible': Socialist ... This councillor is truly unbelievable. more
- acetrim on Melbourne-Geelong speed increase ... its always about slowing cars down but never about slowing trucks down bring the speed down to 80 ks more
- Ran on 'Miss a meeting, don't get paid' These Government job agencies don't find jobs. They get a cut when a jobseeker finds a job without their help. They're main ... more
- David R on 'Miss a meeting, don't get paid' "breaches human rights obligations"... Really , in what universe? Does that apply to all parts of the globe? Does that apply ... more
'We don't teach drivers properly, and this survey says so'
We have a leaked copy of something that could set the template for road safety in Victoria. This could drive and effect exactly what the policy is.
The state government has been mucking around with road safety. The road toll has been climbing and we have awful figures for October.
The ‘Arrive Alive’ strategy expired and wasn’t replaced.
Now, almost two years in to its term of office, perhaps the government is getting ready to act. Let’s see.
In this leaked copy of the report on the biggest survey of community attitudes run around the road toll, there are a few surprises. For example, one of the major problems on the roads according to this is texting while driving, and the majority believe the penalities for testing need to be tougher.
Older drivers are also a worry. People are concerned by older drivers who are beyond driving. There is also strong support for tougher penalties on hooning.
And guess what the main issue, the top of the top ten issues concerning people is: driver education. The main issue is to increase young driver awareness of road safety risks.
That ties to driver training to me. Defensive driver training, better driver training – something I’ve been campaigning for now for probably 15 years.
We don’t teach drivers properly, and this survey says so. Because you know.
There’s very little support for a night curfew for young drivers, but drug driving is seen as a big issue. The TAC sponsorship of sport is seen as a waste of money.
I believe the government has been dragging its feet on road safety, and I know some senior Police share that view.
So now the government has been told by you, what happens? What does it do? What should it do?
Well to start, it’s time to get serious; enough mucking around. The road toll matters to every citizen and it’s time to act.
People need to be taught how to drive a car,not just how to pass a test.They need to be shown what trucks can and cant do,braking ect,as a truck driver I see this every day and I am getting sick and tired of the stupidity of car drivers causing near misses and accidents everyday.The police need to be more visible on the roads and enforce every road law(keeping to the left)When a car passes 3 to 4 cars up an emergency lane and then me in my truck at night and then proceeds to merge in to the left lane but she didnt relise that she wasnt passed me,hits the side of my truck spins around and I pushed her up the road sideways,when the police arrive they tell me there will be no report made as no one was hurt.Now if I did that in my truck as what the car driver did I would hate to think what I would be charged with.This sort of stupidity happens every day neil and is getting worse,people need to know that if you play in front of a moving truck there is a very good chance that you will be DEAD end of story.Is it really worth getting home 20 seconds earlier because the majority of the time your behind that same car at the next set of lightscorey Saturday 24 November, 2012 - 10:06 PM
A driver's attitude towards road safety is formed from their understanding of the hazards and techniques to defend agaianst them. Defensive driving is about knowledge, attitude and skill and should be part of licencing not just the ability to move off, steer and stop in accordance with road rules. Why not have the nationally acredited road safety skill set as a pre requisite to going for a licence?Justin Tuesday 13 November, 2012 - 7:28 AM
I'm a young driver recently off my probationary license. Several months ago I completed a defensive drivers course with AAMI that was offered for free as I have full comprehensive cover, it is also offered to young drivers who have full comp with them. I believe the course offered a practical way to learn about speed, emergency braking and a safe breaking distance. They also covered driver attitudes and decision making in regards to a whole range of situations. I also learnt about tyre pressure and tread. As a young driver I've strongly recommended the course to friends and family. I believe it should be something you complete either as part of the later stages of the learner period, or as soon as the probationary license is obtained. Not a bad idea to complete a refresher courses either. People seem to forget they are driving a dangerous piece of machinery, not a bumper car.Rose Tuesday 30 October, 2012 - 9:45 PM
why cant new cars and all trucks have speed limiters in them its so simple....
people go over the speed limmit all the time neil why dont you get up from the chair and get a raddar and do a experiment on speeding motoriststeve Friday 26 October, 2012 - 7:04 PM
the government likes people speeding so its gets revenue. All they have do is get police cars on the road and people will start to behave, behind the wheel and start booking motorist from police cars at the moment people think they can go as fast as they wantdavid Friday 26 October, 2012 - 6:58 PM
october is the start of daylight savings maybe why so many accidents on roads during this month. .hoddo Thursday 25 October, 2012 - 10:14 PM