- Suspend Buddy Franklin for a month: Neil Mitchell
- EXCLUSIVE: Ford is pulling out of Australia
- The King Kong stunt that terrified Neil Mitchell
- Surely they can't be serious
- Career changes: From butcher to opera singer
- If Jesus walked into Neil Mitchell's studio...
- Greg Davies steps down as Victoria Police Association Secretary
- Kids and sports betting: The AFL & state government have a problem
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- fay silk on The King Kong stunt that terrified Neil ... not king kong. It would take more than a stunt to make me see this rubbish. more
- fay silk on If Jesus walked into Neil Mitchell's ... the gay marriage debate is a smoke screen so that secret policies such as Agenda 21 don't get a word spoken about them. more
- Sinbad on Ambulance Service in crisis: one hour ... 'Fruitloop' continues with her illogical, inaccurate and generally offensive tirades against anything in uniform, in a ... more
- Glenn on Surely they can't be serious If men want to wear dresses why not? Some women have been dressing like men for years. It's true most blokes have pretty ... more
- PJ on If Jesus walked into Neil Mitchell's ... Labor could have brought in Equal Marriage 6 years ago. It's only talking about it now, today, because we're 4 months out ... more
- jgl Melb on If Jesus walked into Neil Mitchell's ... "If Jesus walked into the studio"...Hang on didn't Hinch get the flick a while back? more
- Henry on Kids and sports betting: The AFL & ... The majority of advertisements on web sites are automatically generated based on the content of the page as well as past ... more
- Frank Varga on Sandy Roberts isn't racist, his Indian ... Just as well that they don't show re-runs of the Paul Hogan Show any more. Poor old Hoges would be referred to as a ... more
- mylene on Greg Davies steps down as Victoria ... Bring back Paul 'The Fish' Mullett. :) more
- mylene on If Jesus walked into Neil Mitchell's ... How ridiculous. Everybody knows Jesus is a 774 listener :p more
- Sarah on An outbreak of common sense: Kevin Rudd ... What the hell is Greg saying I had to re-read it three times to understand his point, which I still do not understand. more
- mylene on An outbreak of common sense: Kevin Rudd ... Blaming the dead guy is an old tactic. That Neil fell for it is just pathetic. more
- Sophie on Kids and sports betting: The AFL & ... I agree, but I must say that I hate all the 3AW promotion of sports betting. I know you have no say in this Neil, but on the ... more
- lesson in manners needed on Ambulance Service in crisis: one hour ... They were probably drinking coffee, which is what they do, with the age group employed now. Also observed sipping coffee at ... more
- Greg on Greg Davies steps down as Victoria ... Has anyone thought about a Police Officer being the Secretary of the Victoria Police Association being a conflict of ... more
- Barry on An outbreak of common sense: Kevin Rudd ... Kevin who? We all thought he was not an invertebrate or is he not really because to be able to wriggle that much when it ... more
- Linda on An outbreak of common sense: Kevin Rudd ... One thing Mitchell missed this morning to get a horror circus trio: Dr Failure Hewson believes he can review his position as ... more
- Gina on An outbreak of common sense: Kevin Rudd ... Talking about YUK?When you use your mouth as a toilet hole or stick stuff in what would be your toilet device then review ... more
- Matt - proudly Un-Australian on An outbreak of common sense: Kevin Rudd ... @Faye, totally agree, these mindless fools who worship a sky fairy have the nerve to tell other people how to live their ... more
- jgl Melb on An outbreak of common sense: Kevin Rudd ... @GREG...WTF?? more
Your ABC: Who is 'Parker Bourke'?
This is the tale of a person who does not exist.
The story of an invented person – invented with your money, by your staff who are supposedly working for you and created with your taxes.
Here begins the story of Parker Bourke. Parker Bourke is very well quoted; I have found their name in Teacher Magazine, on the website of the Norwood Football Club, a netball forum, a French and Saunders website and he’s prominent in the Armenian-Australian community forums.
Parker Bourke reminds me of the old story: you ring to make a complaint to a government office and you have strong words with the person who answers.
That person then says: ‘Do you know who you are speaking to?’ You say no, so they say: ‘Good, well buzz off.’ They slam down the phone and hang up in your ear.
This is the same thing. Parker Bourke does not exist, but their title is ‘ABC audience and consumer affairs’.
They have been created because whoever really is in charge of such things doesn’t want you to have their real name in case you are unpleasant. They write off answers to news organisations, they explain things to the Armenians, the teachers, the footballers and the netballers when they complain.
They are quoted and taken seriously across the country, but they don’t exist.
Seriously, this is unbelievable. The ‘ABC audience and consumer affairs’, the spokesman quoted on the Armenian official website, Norwood football club – all manner of places – does not exist.
The person who invited them admitted as much to one of our listeners who was dealing with them. They got a letter signed by ‘Parker Bourke’, wrote back and it was returned unknown at the ABC.
They finally got to the bottom of it. So having created this person, they didn’t even tell their mail room they had a person who didn’t exist answering complaints.
What an unbelievable lot – precious and self-protective. Hey, I wonder if Ian Henderson really exists.
I think I’ll try the same thing. I’ll create a person who doesn’t exist then come on air and stir things up, but not take complaints because I don’t exist.
This is silly, not serious, but it is an indication of a very strange culture at your ABC. If you can judge an organisation by how it handles its complaints, that is your ABC.
Ask for your money back.
Seem to have discovered something similar on ABC RN "Counterpoint", which is sometimes not a bad show, for the ABC. They have twice interviewed "a psychiatrist- Dr George Henry. I thought it was odd I'd never heard of him, and he's not a "real person" either. Maybe a "nom de plume", but it is very inappropriate to be broadcasting this without making that key fact clear.Mark Thursday 29 November, 2012 - 12:02 AM
How dare they use a pseudonym? No one at 3AW would do that eh, Ross Stevenson (sorry) Campbell?Mal Bourne Wednesday 7 November, 2012 - 6:42 PM
@mylene, there is a difference between using a pseudonym, nom-de-plume or alias and using a name of a non-existent person.Willow Wednesday 7 November, 2012 - 5:55 PM
Gee... and no one at 3AW uses pseudonyms? :pmylene Wednesday 7 November, 2012 - 10:49 AM
I don't know who Parker Bourke is either, but when it comes to Ian Henderson or anything to do with ABC News, I get to answer all complaints as Victorian Editor for ABC News.
Last time I looked I thought I was real!!!
Shane CastlemanShane Castleman Wednesday 7 November, 2012 - 9:56 AM
Well lot better than the culture of your programme.
I only listen to Ross and John - gee is 3aw lucky to have them.maureen mckenna Wednesday 7 November, 2012 - 9:51 AM