- Hackers target webcams
- Keep on holding on
- 'I don't deserve this'
- Car park rip-off
- Photo: Cane toad in Melbourne?
- Shrine shadow building approved
- From the steps of Parliament
- Is this Xmas tree worth $1m?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Solomons' Sword on 'I don't deserve this' Paramedic standing over a sick patient: "Who are you going to vote for" before deciding what treatment to administer...Some ... more
- Deffa on 'I don't deserve this' @ David, It is not the same deal. The potential labour offer is 12% over 2 years, Governmet offer is 12% over 3 yrs. There ... more
- Janelle on Photo: Cane toad in Melbourne? Looks like a 'Banjo Frog' to me. Found one in Greensborough. more
- Sam Maglitto on 'I don't deserve this' Over this Union lead Dispute, yes I think Ambos and Paramedics deserve a better deal, But using the Vehicles and their ... more
- Heather on 'I don't deserve this' Unbelievable!!! This story has just decided my vote! Thank you Louise for your service (ditto to all other paramedics) and ... more
- Anna Brown on 'I don't deserve this' Louise is an incredibly hard working & dedicated paramedic. Paramedics work long hours in what r often traumatic & ... more
- IBARKER on 'I don't deserve this' Wear the uniform ?? but not your political "VIEWS""" more
- Marsha on Photo: Cane toad in Melbourne? I had a look at some photos as I didn't think the feet looked like a cane toad. Thanks for the Pobblebonk name - feet are ... more
- Lukew on 'I don't deserve this' The ambulance service should not be political and I think the disciplinary action for using the uniform to promote a ... more
- David on 'I don't deserve this' They were offered the same deal they said Labor offered and they would accept.. This is another example of Union thugs ... more
- Peggy on 'I don't deserve this' If she wants to make it personal then she should protest. Even if in uniform she can protest but to represent her employer ... more
- The quiet 'medic on 'I don't deserve this' Not mentioned here is that wearing our uniform for union actions outside of work is covered under protected industrial ... more
- Mark Cornford on 'I don't deserve this' It's getting to the stage that the Ambo's will soon ask if you are Liberal or Labour and if you are not what they support ... more
- Kylie on 'I don't deserve this' This gives one some insight into the bullying culture ambos cop under Ambulance Victoria. They treat ambos like utter ... more
- Kris on 'I don't deserve this' Yeah it seems pathetic but if it is policy you knew about it and you broke the rules then you should get punished for it. more
- Angry Ambo on 'I don't deserve this' This is yet another example of Ambulance Victoria's adversarial management approach toward their employees. They ... more
- Luke on Photo: Cane toad in Melbourne? Just to add, there are quite a few variations of Pobblebonk frog, also known as an Eastern Banjo - ... more
- Luke on Photo: Cane toad in Melbourne? Its a native frog called a Pobblebonk! Got to be careful not misidentifying animals. more
- Tracy Anderson on Photo: Cane toad in Melbourne? You were right the first time That slimy pestle beast dose look like Clive Palmer but then again if it really was him he ... more
- Scott on Photo: Cane toad in Melbourne? 100% not a cane toad, it's a common froglet. more
Your ABC: Who is 'Parker Bourke'?
This is the tale of a person who does not exist.
The story of an invented person – invented with your money, by your staff who are supposedly working for you and created with your taxes.
Here begins the story of Parker Bourke. Parker Bourke is very well quoted; I have found their name in Teacher Magazine, on the website of the Norwood Football Club, a netball forum, a French and Saunders website and he’s prominent in the Armenian-Australian community forums.
Parker Bourke reminds me of the old story: you ring to make a complaint to a government office and you have strong words with the person who answers.
That person then says: ‘Do you know who you are speaking to?’ You say no, so they say: ‘Good, well buzz off.’ They slam down the phone and hang up in your ear.
This is the same thing. Parker Bourke does not exist, but their title is ‘ABC audience and consumer affairs’.
They have been created because whoever really is in charge of such things doesn’t want you to have their real name in case you are unpleasant. They write off answers to news organisations, they explain things to the Armenians, the teachers, the footballers and the netballers when they complain.
They are quoted and taken seriously across the country, but they don’t exist.
Seriously, this is unbelievable. The ‘ABC audience and consumer affairs’, the spokesman quoted on the Armenian official website, Norwood football club – all manner of places – does not exist.
The person who invited them admitted as much to one of our listeners who was dealing with them. They got a letter signed by ‘Parker Bourke’, wrote back and it was returned unknown at the ABC.
They finally got to the bottom of it. So having created this person, they didn’t even tell their mail room they had a person who didn’t exist answering complaints.
What an unbelievable lot – precious and self-protective. Hey, I wonder if Ian Henderson really exists.
I think I’ll try the same thing. I’ll create a person who doesn’t exist then come on air and stir things up, but not take complaints because I don’t exist.
This is silly, not serious, but it is an indication of a very strange culture at your ABC. If you can judge an organisation by how it handles its complaints, that is your ABC.
Ask for your money back.
Seem to have discovered something similar on ABC RN "Counterpoint", which is sometimes not a bad show, for the ABC. They have twice interviewed "a psychiatrist- Dr George Henry. I thought it was odd I'd never heard of him, and he's not a "real person" either. Maybe a "nom de plume", but it is very inappropriate to be broadcasting this without making that key fact clear.Mark Thursday 29 November, 2012 - 12:02 AM
How dare they use a pseudonym? No one at 3AW would do that eh, Ross Stevenson (sorry) Campbell?Mal Bourne Wednesday 7 November, 2012 - 6:42 PM
@mylene, there is a difference between using a pseudonym, nom-de-plume or alias and using a name of a non-existent person.Willow Wednesday 7 November, 2012 - 5:55 PM
Gee... and no one at 3AW uses pseudonyms? :pmylene Wednesday 7 November, 2012 - 10:49 AM
I don't know who Parker Bourke is either, but when it comes to Ian Henderson or anything to do with ABC News, I get to answer all complaints as Victorian Editor for ABC News.
Last time I looked I thought I was real!!!
Shane CastlemanShane Castleman Wednesday 7 November, 2012 - 9:56 AM
Well lot better than the culture of your programme.
I only listen to Ross and John - gee is 3aw lucky to have them.maureen mckenna Wednesday 7 November, 2012 - 9:51 AM