- Breakfast with Ross and John
- 3AW Mornings with Neil Mitchell
- Denis Walter's Afternoons page
- 3AW Drive with Tom Elliott
- 3AW's Sports Today
- Nightline with Bruce and Phil
- Andrew McLaren Overnight
- 3AW Football Central
- Weekends: Buy Swap and Sell
- Grubby & Dee Dee's Weekend Break
- Pub of the Week 2013
- Talking Health
- 3AW Food - Eating Melbourne
- The Big Backyard
- The Big House and Streetwise
- 3AW Fishing
- Donna Demaio: Entertainment
- Melbourne's Own 3AW on Twitter
- Stream 3AW via Mac & iPhone
David Mann: Profile
David Mann – best known as ‘Mann About Town’, plays the part of roving reporter for 3AW 693 and Magic 1278.
He commenced his working career at 3AW as an office boy in 1973, before being promoted to panel operator and given a cadetship in journalism, quickly moving onto an on air role as radio personality for a period of 20 years. For four decades now, David has held various roles within the Company, including Production Manager, Creative Director, and now in his current position as Promotions and Marketing Manager where he has held the reins for twenty years.
David is affectionately known as “the civilian with a trifecta of experience” in the Emergency Services circle for his roles with the Victoria Police Force, Melbourne Metropolitan Fire Brigade and Ambulance Victoria, where he has worked in an operational capacity for more than thirty years.
David was subsequently awarded an Order of Australia Medal (OAM) in the ‘Australia Day National Honours List’ in January 2006: “For service to the community through a range of police, nursing, heritage and emergency services organisations".
Then, in March 2007, David was appointed to the Committee of the Order of Australia Association (Victoria Branch) - and later, in November 2011 became Chair of the Order of Australia Association (Victoria branch).
In addition to his many roles, David still manages to make time to host events and present his message as corporate motivator with his presentation – ‘Personalities / Places / Performers’.
In January 2004, David joined highly respected business leaders from Qantas, Myer Grace Bros and McDonalds International as an Ambassador for ‘ICSP’ (International Customer Service Professionals) that is dedicated to lifting Australian customer service standards – which he continues to do.
Recent Appointments Include:
- Appointed an Ambassador for the Marsh Foundation, headed up by Dr David Marsh OAM
- Appointed as a Director of the Queen Victoria Market Board – July 2012
- Appointed to the Support Act Victoria Board - July 2012
- Australasian Police and Emergency Services Games Advisory Board – June 2012
- Melbourne City Council Moomba Festival Board - in March 2011
- Lord Mayor’s Charitable Foundation Fundraising and Marketing Committee - in February 2011
- Advisory Board Starlight Children’s Charity - Victoria 2010
- Ambassador for the Healthy Parks, Healthy People International Congress 2010
- Life membership of the Victoria Police Blue Ribbon Foundation - in July 2009
- Ambassador to Victoria’s Small Business Festival – Energise Enterprise 08 - in February 2008
- Australia Day Committee Victoria as an Australia Day Ambassador - in November 2008
Past Appointments Include:
Chair of the Royal District Nursing Service, Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors, and President of the Victorian Radio Time Club – plus appointments to more than a dozen committees over many years.
In 2003, David was presented with the Sir John Reid Community Service award by the Rotary Club of Melbourne for ‘Outstanding Services to the Community’ - and in December 2003, he was made a patron of the Hanging Rock Racing Club.
David has travelled extensively over the past 20 years working with Emergency Services across the United States. He lectures to Emergency Service personnel on the role of the media in Australia - and the organisation of Emergency Services in the United States.
In recognition of his dedication to Emergency Services, David was awarded a ‘Centenary Medal’ by the Governor General in April 2003.