Woman dies after eating death cap

UPDATE: A woman has lost her fight for survival after eating poisonous mushrooms handpicked from the Box Hill area.

The woman, aged in her early 50s was taken to the Austin Hospital in a critical condition on Wednesday.. after eating the mushrooms in a meal at the weekend.

Despite round the clock intensive care treatment, she died in hospital today.

YESTERDAY: A woman is in a critical condition in the Austin hospital after eating mushrooms.

The woman in her 50's is believed to have eaten death cap mushrooms, which are a highly poisonous fungi to humans.

It's understood she prepared the meal which included the mushrooms herself.

Earlier this year, two people died after eating death cap mushrooms at New Year's eve party in Canberra.

The chances of dying after ingesting death cap mushrooms is around 25-50%.

The Australian government has a webpage detailing the aesthetics and dangers of death cap mushrooms.

View Here.

A woman is fighting for her life at the Austin hospital, after eating Death Cap mushrooms she picked locally from the Box Hill area. @3AW693

Share

Comments

Be the first to comment.

Make a comment

You are logged in as [Logout]

All information entered below may be published.

Error: Please enter your screen name.

Error: Your Screen Name must be less than 255 characters.

Error: Your Location must be less than 255 characters.

Error: Please enter your comment.

Error: Your Message must be less than 300 words.

Post to

You need to have read and accepted the Conditions of Use.

Thank you

Your comment has been submitted for approval.

Comments are moderated and are generally published if they are on-topic and not abusive.

On Air Next

Buy, Swap and Sell, from 8am Saturday and Sunday.

Buy, Swap and Sell

6am - 8am