3AW Word on the Street Promotion T&Cs
3AW Word on the Street Promotion
Terms and Conditions
In order to be entered into the draw to win the Prize, you (Entrant) must acknowledge and accept the following terms and conditions, as well as the radio station’s general conditions of entry as amended from time to time.
The Promotional Period has been updated in these terms and conditions as at 4 August 2017.
- Promotion– 3AW Word on the Street
- Promoter– Radio 3AW Melbourne Pty Ltd trading as Radio 3AW of Media House, Level 7, 655 Collins Street, Docklands VIC 3008; ABN 47 006 962 358
- Promotional Period– Opens Monday 28 November 2016 and closes 14 December 2017 at 6pm AEDST
- Entry Restrictions
Entrants must be:
- at least 18 years or older;
- residents of Victoria
- Hold a current Victorian driver’s licence
Entrants must not be:
- employees of Macquarie Media Limited or their immediate family members;
- employees of Penfold Motor Group and all independent Mazda, Suzuki and Audi Dealerships, or their immediate family members; or
- employees of agencies associated with this promotion, or their immediate family members.
- Entry Procedure
To be entered into the Major Prize Draw to win the Prize, entrants must, during the Promotion Period contribute to the Word on Street segment via:
- Phone 3AW’s talkback line on 03 96 900 693 or 13 13 32 (cost of a local call);
- Be a contributor to 3AW’s Drive Program weekday ‘Word on the Street’ segment;
- Send an email to email@example.com; or
- Send a Facebook message at www.facebook.com/3awDrive/; or
- Contact via Twitter using hashtag @TomElliott3AW or @3aw693; and
- Be nominated as one of two Word on the Street contributors by the 3AW On-Air Drive Program
The ‘callers of the week’ are announced on air at the end of each week. Nomination of the ‘callers of the week’ is at the absolute discretion of the Promoter.
The Promoter will draw a name at random from the combined group of nominated weekly
contributors for the Major Prize Draw to determine a Winner.
- Maximum Entries per person
There are no maximum entries per entrant. An entrant may be nominated as a Word on the Street contributor of the week on more than one occasion.
- Major Prize Draw Time and Location
Major Prize Draw Date: Friday 15 December 2017
Time: 3:15pm (approximate)
Location: 3AW studios, Media House, Level 7, 655 Collins Street, Docklands
- Prize Provider
Penfold Motors Burwood Pty. Ltd. ABN. 28 005 667 461
A voucher of up to $50,000 to spend on a vehicle of the Prize Winner’s choice from any of Prize Provider’s dealers (Penfold Mazda, Pendfold Audi or Penfold Suzuki).
The voucher can be used by the Major Winner towards the:
- Purchase price of one or more vehicles; and
- On road costs, dealer delivery fee and government statutory charges (“Associated Costs”).
The vehicle(s) must be purchased and registered in the Major Prize Winner’s name.
The Major Prize Winner may elect to put their voucher of $50,000 towards a vehicle that exceeds the value of the voucher, at the Major Prize Winner’s discretion, but must pay any expenses that are in addition to the $50,000 voucher.
The voucher cannot be used towards any costs other than the vehicle and Associated Costs. All optional extras and accessories, comprehensive insurance and any other insurance not stated, fuel, personal costs and all other ancillary or related costs are excluded.
- Prize Restrictions
The voucher is valid until the voucher expiry date specified on the voucher or by the Prize Provider, and is subject to any terms and conditions imposed by the Prize Provider. The Promoter is not liable for any voucher that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way once awarded.
The voucher cannot be transferred or exchanged for cash.
If the total value of the voucher is not used at the time of redemption, any remaining value of the voucher will be forfeited.
The Major Prize Winner must provide all information and sign all documentation necessary to enable the Promoter to register the vehicle in Victoria.
The winner’s details may be provided to the Prize Provider for the purposes of prize fulfilment.
- Notification of Winner
The Major Prize winner’s name will be announced on-air on the Draw Date. The Major Prize winner will also receive a letter confirming their prize from the Promoter and their name and suburb will also be published on 3aw.com.au for a minimum of 28 days.
- Additional Terms
- Participation in this Promotion constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Throughout the Promotional Period the Promoter may contact entrants to interact with the station on air / online / in social media in relation to the Promotion.
- Entrants may be required by the Promoter and/or a nominated Prize Provider, to participate in photo, recording, video and/or film session(s) and acknowledge that they assign the right to use such publicity materials in any medium (including, without limitation, the internet) and in any reasonable manner it sees fit.
- It is a condition of Entry that the Promoter and/or a nominated Prize Provider, has the right to publicise, broadcast and communicate to the public the names, characters, likenesses or voices of entrants for any promotion or matter incidental to the Promotion. By agreeing to enter, all entrants consent to their Entry broadcast on air and/or to their telephone and other conversations with the Promoter and/or a nominated Prize Provider, being broadcast on air and communicated to the public on via any medium. Entrants will not be compensated for this use.
- The Promoter and/or its representatives may conduct security and/or verification checks (including enforcement of the Verification Requirements) in their absolute discretion to determine the bona fides of an entrant’s eligibility to enter the Promotion.
- Should an entrant be deemed by the Promoter to be ineligible, the entrant may not participate further in the Promotion. All decisions are at the discretion of the Promoter and no correspondence will be entered into in this regard.
- All decisions and actions of the Promoter relating to the Promotion and/or redemption of the prize is exercised accordingly at its absolute discretion and are final. No discussions or correspondence with entrants or any other person will be entered into.
- If the Promotion is not capable of being conducted due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control, including due to any technical or communications problems, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, suspend or cancel the Promotion subject to approval from any relevant authority.
- Prize(s) will be awarded as specified in the Prize details in item 9. If a Prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter, at its discretion, may substitute it for another item of equal or higher value. The Prize(s) is/are subject to any prize restrictions specified above. All Prize values stated are the recommended retail value as provided by the supplier, are in Australian dollars and are correct at the time of preparation of these terms and conditions.
- All Prizes and/or parts of the Prize(s) are subject to availability, non-transferable and non-exchangeable, must be used on any dates specified in these terms and conditions and/or as stipulated by the Prize Provider and are not redeemable for cash unless cash is specified. The Promoter and/or a nominated Prize Provider will not be responsible or liable if for any reason beyond their reasonable control any element of any prize is not provided. The Promoter will not be liable for any damage to or delay in transit of prizes, or for any compensation in relation to those prizes.
- A winner has rights under the Australian Consumer Law and other similar legislation which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified by the Promoter. These rights include a statutory guarantee that any services provided by the Promoter will be rendered with due care and skill and that any goods will be of acceptable quality. These Conditions of Entry do not exclude, restrict or modify those statutory rights in any way. However, to the extent it is permitted by law to do so, the Promoter makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, other than the Australian Consumer Law, regarding the quality and suitability of the prize awarded under these Conditions of Entry and will not be responsible for breach of any such implied terms.
- The Promoter and its agencies and representatives associated with this Promotion, including and/or a nominated Prize Provider, will not be liable for any loss (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss), damage or personal injury which is suffered or sustained (including without limitation to that caused by any person’s negligence) relating to this Promotion or the awarding or taking of the prizes except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case liability is limited to the minimum amount allowable by law).
- The entrant acknowledges that there may be inherent risks involved in entering this Promotion or taking or participating in the Prize(s). If Entry or a Prize involves travel, stunts or challenges the Promoter may require the participants to:
- Submit to a medical examination by a medical practitioner approved by the Promoter and obtain relevant medical clearance to participate in the Promotion and/or redeem a Prize; and/or
- Execute a Deed of Release and Indemnity in a form prescribed by the Promoter in order to participate further in the Promotion and/or redeem a Prize.
- The Promoter and/or a nominated Prize Provider, accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from winning of the prizes. Independent financial advice should be sought. The Promoter takes no responsibility for variations in the prize value.