AFL to introduce ‘dynamic’ ticket prices
The AFL has introduced ‘dynamic’ ticket prices for the 2016 season.
Key features of the system include:
- General Admission tickets for the MCG and Etihad Stadium frozen at $25 ($5 for kids).
- Clubs control any changes in price.
- Clubs can raise ticket prices in $3 increments ahead of matches they determine high-demand.
- The maximum increase is capped at $12.
- Ticket prices can be reduced to encourage attendance.
- Club members will not be affected.
The AFL’s General Manager of Clubs Travis Auld told Neil Mitchell clubs are in the best position to make prices fan-friendly.
‘One of their objectives is to maximise commercial opportunities,’ he said on Wednesday.
‘But that’s secondary to making sure they fill their stadiums. No one cares more about their supporters than clubs.’
Click play to hear Travis Auld explain