Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Beloved dog dead after disturbing baiting incident

Inverloch residents have been urged to keep their dogs on leads in public after a man’s dog died after swallowing bait.

In a disturbing incident, Dave told Tom Elliott he woke to find his seven-year-old kelpie dead on his neighbour’s doorstep.

There was blue vomit everywhere.

He said he’d taken his dog for a walk by the beach the previous night.

“I suppose some people just have some sort of vendetta against dogs,” he told Tom Elliott.

“I’ve noticed recently there’s been a bit of controversy around the dog issue, particularly around the beach.”

Senior Constable Travis Ellams warned others to take care.

“Anybody who has seen anything, or the bait, or anybody placing bait, we’d love to hear from them,” he said.

Click PLAY below to hear more on 3AW Drive

Advertisement