Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Borce Ristevski ordered to stand trial for wife Karen’s murder

3AW News

Borce Ristevski has been committed to stand trial for murder.

It comes after lawyers told the court last week they intended to make submissions for Mr Ristevski to be committed on the charge of manslaughter, not murder.

Magistrate Sue Cameron today agreed with the prosecution that there were a significant number of acts, utterances and omissions by the accused 54-year-old.

She found he deactivated his phone, delayed reporting his wife’s disappearance, told lies about his whereabouts and the use of his car, and gave varying accounts to police and others.

She said she was satisfied the case would be open to a jury properly instructed to find the accused caused the death of Karen Ristevski and at the time, had murderous intent and there was evidence of sufficient weight to support a conviction of murder.

The decision means Mr Ristevski will face a directions hearing in the Supreme Court on Monday.

3AW Reporter Stefanie Waclawik was in court.

3AW News
Advertisement