Children as young as five gifted smartphones by their parents for Christmas
Children as young as five are being given smartphones.
Jeremy Blackman is the senior cyber safety advisor for the Alannah & Madeline Foundation, he spoke with 3AW Mornings.
He told Tony his top tips for parents giving their child their first smart phone.
- Establish a written usage agreement
- Make the most of parental controls
- Protect your bank account
- Protect the phone
- Balance active, passive and no screen time
- Get comfortable with the idea that you should check your child’s phone together
- Establish what your household culture of technology usage is going to be
- Turn off devices before bedtime
- Helpful links
Read more about the tips HERE.
Click PLAY below to hear more