COVID-19: Eight deaths as new cases dip for third day in a row
Victoria recorded a decline in new daily COVID-19 cases for the third day in a row.
There were 1466 new local cases across the state yesterday.
That’s a drop on the previous day’s figure of 1568.
Sadly another eight people with the virus died.
- A man in his 90s from the Hume area.
- A man in his 80s from the Monash area.
- A man in his 80s from the Moonee Valley area.
- A woman in her 80s from the Whittlesea area.
- A woman in her 70s from the Maribyrnong area.
- A man in his 70s and a woman in her 50s from the Moreland area.
- A man in his 40s from the bayside area.
There are 675 people in Victorian hospitals with COVID-19. 144 of those are receiving intensive care.
100 people need a ventilator to breathe.
Just seven per cent of those in hospital with COVID-19 yesterday were fully vaccinated.
There are currently 19,627 active cases of COVID-19 in Victoria.
Reported yesterday: 1,466 new local cases and 0 cases acquired overseas.
– 36,383 vaccines administered
– 68,509 test results received
– Sadly, 8 people with COVID-19 have died
— VicGovDH (@VicGovDH) October 11, 2021