Victoria records 324 new COVID-19 cases, as vaccination rules come into effect
Victoria recorded 324 new local COVID-19 cases yesterday.
It’s the highest daily case number since August last year.
Of the new cases, 107 have been linked to known cases or outbreaks.
The remaining 217 are mystery cases.
There are 111 people in hospital with COVID-19 in Victoria, 32 of those receiving intensive care and 19 are on a ventilator.
Martin Foley said 89 per cent of people in hospital were not vaccinated at all, the remaining 11 per cent having received one dose.
There is nobody in hospital with COVID-19 in Victoria who has been fully vaccinated.
The health minister also confirmed ALL aged care workers in Victoria must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by September 17.
Border restrictions have also tightened again.
All freight and healthcare workers must have had at least one dose of the vaccine to travel interstate for work.
There were 37,604 vaccines administered at state-run hubs yesterday and 54,242 test results received.
Of the 324 local cases, 107 have so far been linked to known cases and outbreaks. Further case information will be provided this morning. [2/2]
— VicGovDH (@VicGovDH) September 8, 2021