Emma Dean’s Backyard Summer Salad of greens, figs and cheese.
Summer is definitely a time to embrace seasonal produce. The fig tree in my backyard, produces so much fruit, that, I try and incorporate a few delicious pieces in each meal!
This salad serves around four.
- 2 handfuls baby spinach leaves
- 1 handful rocket leaves
- 4 figs, torn in half, or four pieces if they are large
- 1 pomegranate, seeds removed
- 1 orange, peeled and segmented
- 80 g goats feta
- 1 tablespoon pistachio nuts, chopped
- few sprigs of fresh thyme, leaves only
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons cold pressed olive oil
- Sea salt flakes
What to do:
In your trusty salad dressing jar, combine all of the dressing ingredients, and shake to combine.
Set aside and get onto to constructing your salad.
Using a platter or bowl that you are going to be serving on, arrange the spinach and rocket leaves evenly.
Tear figs and arrange over the salad.
Sprinkle the orange segments over as well.
Then sprinkle the pomegranate seeds.
Drizzle over the dressing.
Finish off with the goats fetta, pistachios, and thyme leaves.
A perfect light lunch!