Emma Dean’s recipe for Geranium posset
- 400 ml pouring or thickened cream.
- 1 handful Rose Geranium leaves, bruised.
- 120 g caster sugar.
- 50 ml lemon juice.
- 1 punnet blueberries (or a generous cup)
- 1 vanilla bean.
- 1 lemon, zest and juice to taste.
- Caster sugar, to taste (I use about a tbsp)
- Pistachio nuts, crushed, to serve.
- Combine the cream, geranium leaves, sugar and lemon juice together in a saucepan and stir gently over a medium heat to infuse the flavours.
- Once the cream comes to a simmer, simmer gently for about 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, turn off the heat and strain the cream from the geranium leaves into a jug.
- Pour the fragrant cream mixture into 4 ramekins. Put in the fridge on a tray lined with a Scotch Brite and leave to set for about 4 hours.
- To make the blueberry compote, combine all of the ingredients together in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and immediately remove from the heat. Transfer to a bowl to stop the cooking process, cover and place in the fridge.
- To serve, dollop the blueberry compote onto the set possets and sprinkle with crushed pistachio nuts!
This is such a delightful dessert. Simple, elegant and delicious!