Emma Dean’s Rhubarb Chutney Recipe
Rhubarb Chutney for Denis
- 1 bunch of rhubarb, trimmed of leaves and chopped into 2cm pieces
- 1 granny smith apple, cored and chopped (leave the skin on)
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 250g brown sugar
- 200ml apple cider vinegar
- 100g cranberries
- 1 or 2 teaspoons of Keens curry powder (depending on taste)
- 1tbs mustard seeds
- 1 cm ginger – grated
Combine all ingredients and cook over medium heat until thick and jammy ? about 15 -20 minutes.
Put hot chutney into sterilised jars.
Good to eat now, or in the months to come!
Great served with cheese on a biscuit!