Emma Dean’s Blood Orange Sorbet
BLOOD ORANGE SORBET
There is nothing better than homemade sorbet. Homemade sorbet contains no nasties and is relatively quick to made if you have an ice cream machine. If you don’t have a machine, you need to mix it up every hour whilst it is freezing so that you get some kind of ice cream consistency.
This recipe is fantastic with all kinds of fruit juice – pick your favourite.
The glucose syrup give a really nice mouth feel so it is an important ingredient.
- 500 ml blood orange juice (any fruit juice will work in this recipe)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2tbsp glucose syrup
- Pistachios and blood orange segments to serve.
- Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan over a medium heat and stir until the sugar fully dissolves.
- Cool, and then put in your ice cream churner, and churn until a soft serve consistency. Remove from your ice cream churner and scoop into a container and then pop into the freezer.
- Once firm, scoop into bowls and sprinkle pistachios and orange segments to serve!