Emma Dean’s recipe for apple and raspberry sponge pudding
- 3 granny smith apples, peeled, cored
- 185g caster sugar
- 115g unsalted butter, chopped and softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups SR flour
- ¼ cup milk
- 500g frozen raspberries, thawed slightly (by this, I mean take them out of the freezer when you start the recipe xx)
- icing sugar and thickened cream to serve
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- Grease an 8 cup baking dish with butter and set aside.
- Place your apples into the dish and then sprinkle 1/3 cup of the sugar on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes until slightly tender.
- Whilst your apples are baking, its time to make the sponge topping.
- Beat the butter and the remaining sugar until light and pale.
- Add the eggs, one at a time.
- Sift the flour over the mixture, and then add the milk and fold until combined. Set aside.
- Once the apples are done, add the raspberries to the apple mixture.
- Spoon the sponge mixture over the fruit mixture.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the sponge is golden brown and baked through.
- Remove from the oven and then dust with icing sugar.
- Let sit for 5 minutes and serve with cream.