Emma Dean’s recipe for coconut and cacao slice
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 ½ cups medjool dates
- 1 ½ cups shredded or flaked coconut (not dessicated)
- ½ cup raw cacao
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp salt (a little more if it is flaked)
- 2 tbs chia seeds
- ¼ cup water (you may need less)
- Place all of the ingredients, except the water into the food processor and blitz until a fine crumble.
- Slowly add in the water until the mixture grabs and forms a ball. Don’t worry too much if you feel like you have added too much water as the chia seeds will absorb the moisture when you are setting it in the fridge.
- Line a square baking dish with either baking paper or cling wrap (both work well), and press the mixture into the base of the dish. Using a back of a spoon, smooth the mixture down, Dust with additional cacao powder.
- Loosely cover with a tea towel or a little cling film and place into the fridge to set. This wont take long – maybe an hour or so.
- Cut into 24 piecs (approx.) and enjoy with a cup of tea.
- Alternatively, you can roll the mixture into little balls and dust with cacao for a delightful healthy alternative to the truffle!