Emma Dean’s recipe for Easy Baked Eggs
Emma Dean’s Easy Baked Eggs
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1/2 chorizo, sliced
- 4 free range eggs
- 200 – 300 ml cream
- 1 bunch English spinach
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
WHAT TO DO
- In a medium-sized fry pan over a low heat, melt a little butter and fry off the onion and chorizo until the onion is soft and the chorizo has rendered down. This will take at least 10 minutes. Then add in the spinach and cook until wilted down completely. Add in the cream (amount to your liking) and bring to a simmer. At this point, taste and season with salt and pepper if desired (the chorizo might be enough).
- Make 4 divots or spaces around the pan and crack the eggs into each divot.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top and pop a lid on.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook for about 5 minutes until the eggs whites have just set.
- Serve immediately with hot, buttered toast!