Emma Dean’s recipe for Grannie’s Hedgehog!
I am lucky enough to inherit my beautiful Grandma’s cook book, written and typed out by hand. It is a treasure trove of recipes and nostalgia. If you look closely in the photo you can see her beautiful handwriting!
Grannie would always have a batch of these beauties on hand. I love you Gran!
- 125g butter.
- 250g Granita biscuits, crushed.
- ½ cup sugar.
- 1 ½ tbsp cocoa powder.
- 1 tsp vanilla.
- 1 egg.
- Place a small saucepan onto a medium heat and add butter, sugar, and cocoa. Stir until butter has melted and combined and sugar has dissolved, add vanilla and stir.
- Whisk egg in a small bowl. Crush the biscuits in a bowl, until there is a combination of fine and chunky crumbs. Add the butter mixture and egg into the biscuits and stir until its well combined.
- Place into a slice pan and refrigerate overnight or until it becomes firm.
- Serve with sifted cocoa over the top.