Emma Dean’s recipe for Parmesan Crisp Caprese
Parmesan Crisp Caprese
- 12 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- A few grinds of freshly ground black pepper
- 6 pieces of Montefiore Ovoline, halved
- 12 slices freshest vine ripened tomatoes
- 12 leaves of basil
- Extra virgin olive oil
- A few drops of the best quality red wine vinegar
Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius
Toss the parmesan together with the black pepper.
Place small mounds of parmesan onto a paper lined baking tray and bake for 5-7 minutes until golden.
Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
Place a leaf of basil and then a piece of tomato on each parmesan crisp, and season lightly with salt. Top with a halved Ovoline.
Drizzle with olive oil and a few drops of balsamic vinegar (less is more here).
Serve immediately as a delicious party snack or an impressive starter for your next dinner party!
Photo credit: Studio10