Emma Dean’s recipe for Pav Roll
This is one of my dad’s favourite desserts. It is so delicious and so easy to make, plus you can assemble and pop it In the freezer for later! Perfect for an unexpected pop in!!!!
- 4 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- Flaked almonds
- 200 – 300 ml Thickened Cream
- Seasonal berries work really well
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Preheat the oven to 160C. Line a lamington tray with baking paper.
- Beat egg whites and sugar until peaks form and then spread the meringue mixture onto your lined tray. Spread smooth, making sure there are no air
- Sprinkle with flaked almonds and bake for 20 minutes in your 160c oven. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Cooling will not take long.
- Turn the meringue out, flaked but side down, onto another piece of baking Carefully remove the baking paper from the underside of the pav.
- Spread the underside with delicious whipped cream and beautiful berries, and then roll the pav up using the baking paper to help you.
- Slip onto a serving plate, dust with icing sugar, and serve!