Emma Dean’s recipe for Strawberry and Basil Salad
- 1 punnet strawberries, green tops removed and then sliced
- 1-2 tbsp caster sugar (depending on the sweetness of the strawberries)
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Small bunch of basil, finely sliced
- 1 tub Crème Fraiche (or about 200-300ml)
- Toasted coconut, to serve
- Combine the strawberries, caster sugar and balsamic vinegar together, and set aside to macerate for 5 minutes.
- Gently combine the basil and crème fraiche together so as to not loosen the crème fraiche up too much.
- Using pretty glasses, arrange the strawberries and crème fraiche together in layers, topping with the toasted coconut and fresh basil leaves!
Enjoy! This is one of my favourite summer desserts!