Firefighters smash window to rescue toddler from hot car at Springvale
Firefighters have smashed the windows of a car in a Springvale carpark to rescue a toddler, prompting a renewed warning to all parents and carers ahead of another warm autumn day.
The incident was one of eight yesterday, the child had started to show signs of heat stroke, he was vomiting and sweating.
Ambulance Victoria spokesperson Paul Bentley says while most of the incidents were accidents, people must be vigilant.
‘Tragically in the last few years we’ve seen at least three children die after leaving children in hot cars.
‘Within minutes the temperature can climb to 60 degrees inside a vehicle.
‘It’s just not worth the risk,’ Paul Bentley told 3AW News.