Five “underrated” suburbs worth a visit in Melbourne!
Fitzroy has been ranked the 10th “hippest” suburb on earth by Timeout magazine.
It prompted Tom Elliott to ask the question – is that the first suburb you’d tell a tourist to visit in Melbourne?
He spoke with Emily Power from Domain.com.au, who offered up five other suburbs she says are well worth visiting.
And there’s some choices that may surprise!
- Wonga Park – “It’s the low-key playground of Melbourne’s well-off. I think it’s a great spot for those who love architecture.”
- Windsor – “This is the new Fitzroy. The Windsor end of Chapel Street is now the hip and happening end of Chapel Street.”
- Frankston – “It’s got the foreshore and boardwalk and is just a short drive to Portsea and Sorrento.”
- Carlton – “It’s always been a melting pot and is still a charming suburb.”
- Abbotsford – “It’s an extremely underrated part of Melbourne. There’s great food and pubs.”
Click PLAY below to hear more on 3AW Drive