Flip Shelton’s recipe for primavera vegetables
For me, spring is all about green veg and this ‘Primavera’ dish epitomizes that perfectly because it contains green spring veggies from A-Z? asparagus to zucchini!
Basically anything goes ? I love broad beans, green beans and peas but just adjust this to suit your taste.
Of course you can add a tangle of tagliatelle or zucchini pasta, on a bed or rice or quinoa but these days I serve it on it’s own with some zingy lemon juice and zest.
250 g broad beans, podded
2 zucchini, ends trimmed, thinly sliced on a diagonal
1 bunch of asparagus, ends trimmed, cut into 2 cm pieces
250 g snow peas
Coconut oil, melted
Lemon juice and zest
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup of currants ? optional
Salt and pepper
1. Cook broad beans in boiling water for 5 mins, cool, then shell if you like (like me). Place in a large mixing bowl.
2. Meanwhile, blanche zucchini, asparagus, snow peas in boiling water, for 2 minutes.
3. Place all veggies into a large bowl.
4. Add coconut oil, lemon juice and zest and mix so veggies are evenly coated.
5. Add shredded coconut and currants.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
Use asparagus ends to make an asparagus soup which is so deliciously light.