Lachie Strachan’s recipe for grilled pineapple mojitos
Grilled pineapple mojitos
- 1 lime, halved
- 2 pineapple wedges
- 2 teaspoons of brown sugar
- 12 mint leaves, plus extra for garnish
- 2 cups of crushed ice
- 90 milimetres of white rum
- ½ cup soda water
- Set up your barbecue for direct cooking. Pre-heat your barbecue for barbecuing.
- Once the barbecue has preheated, adjust the burners to medium. Place the pineapple on the barbecue. Barbecue for 3 minutes per side on the open grill.
- Place the lime halves on the grill and cook for one minute. Remove the pineapple and lime halves from the barbecue and set aside.
- Place the lime halves, cut side down in the brown sugar.
- Divide the mint leaves between two tall glasses. Squeeze the juice from the limes into the two glasses. Muddle the mint leaves with a muddler or another similar object. Pour the crushed ice into the two glasses. Pour in 45 milimetres of white rum in each glass and top with soda water. Stir for a couple seconds. Add the slices of grilled pineapple.
- Finish off with a garnish of mint leaves.