Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Man accused of alleged unprovoked assault in Frankston granted bail

UPDATE

The man accused of an unprovoked assault in Frankston last Thursday has been granted bail at the Frankston Magistrates Court this afternoon.

Nine News reporter Lana Murphy, who was in court, told Tom Elliott the accused, Ryan Wells was granted bail much to the surprise of the prosecution.

“The magistrate believes that he was not an unacceptable risk to the community,” Lana said.

“The informant said to the court the victim feared for his life and was too scared to make a formal complaint for fear of retribution.”

Click PLAY below to hear the details

EARLIER

Wells was arrested following an alleged unprovoked attack in Frankston last week.

Footage of the alleged incident sparked widespread community outrage, after the incident on Thursday night.

Police were told a 43-year-old Frankston North man was allegedly assaulted by Wells, who was in the company of two other men, on the Nepean Highway about 7.45pm.

Wells and one other man handed themselves in at the Frankston Crime Investigation Unit this morning and were questioned by detectives regarding the alleged assault.

The 32-year-old Frankston South man was charged with intentionally cause injury.

A second man was released pending further enquiries.

Advertisement