Man dies after being bitten by snake
A man has died after he was bitten on the arm by a snake in north Queensland.
Bystanders had started giving the man, believed to be 46-years-old, CPR at a property in Deeragun, Townsville just before 5.30pm yesterday.
Paramedics continued to try to revive the man but he died at the scene.
It’s believed he was bitten by an Eastern Brown snake, the second most toxic land snake in the world.
It accounts for more fatalities than any other snake deaths in Australia.
Photo: An Eastern Brown snake