Peter Ford pays tribute to disability advocate Quentin Kenihan
Actor, writer, entertainer and disability advocate Quentin Kenihan passed away over the weekend, at the age of 43.
Born with osteogenesis imperfecta (brittle bone disease), over his lifetime he suffered almost 600 broken bones because of the condition.
Quentin appeared in a documentary with Mike Willesee when he was seven-years-old and endeared himself to the Australian public ever since.
“He was quite extraordinary,” Peter Ford told Ross and John.
“He had boundless energy, his latest project was to get onto the Adelaide City Council.
“This was a bloke who on paper, probably should have died 30 years ago.”
Actor Russell Crowe was one of Quentin’s many friends to pay tribute to him online, describing Quentin as “the bravest bloke I ever met” and said he was devastated by the loss of his “little mate”.
Click PLAY below to hear the details
Devastating news. My little mate , the bravest bloke I ever met… gone . We will meet again … @qkenihan . Not confined any more …
Between your interviews, your book, your one man show, your zany little movies …what a creative and productive life.
Lots of love.
— Russell Crowe (@russellcrowe) October 7, 2018
Feels weird looking at someone’s tweets or Facebook after they’ve died. But this was Quentin just a few days ago. Eager , determined and on a mission. https://t.co/Cdul7bFffy
— Peter Ford (@mrpford) October 7, 2018
So deeply saddened to hear of the passing of darling @qkenihan last night. I only spoke with him a day ago & he reminded me we had been mates for 27years. What an incredible man with a heart that overflowed with kindness Rip dear man 😢🌹🌟 pic.twitter.com/LBO6M00y3E
— Rhonda Burchmore (@rhondaburchmore) October 7, 2018