Port Adelaide may be forced to abandon clash with Gold Coast in China due to North Korea tensions
The historic round 8 clash between Port Adelaide and the Gold Coast in China could be abandoned if the Australian Government says not safe to play there.
Power CEO Keith Thomas said on Tuesday the club was reviewing its trip to Shanghai, given escalating political tensions with North Korea.
The match is scheduled for Sunday, May 14, in what will be the first game for premiership points outside Australia or New Zealand.?
Thomas said the club would take the ‘best advice possible’ before it made a decision.
Port Adelaide released a statement on Tuesday evening, stressing it had been given no information to suggest the game was under any threat.