“Prankster” laces birthday cake with marijuana, leaving several people in hospital
A family birthday party has gone awry after guests unknowingly consumed a marijuana-laced cake.
The incident, which happened last weekend, has been described as a “prank” by one of the family members, who thought he’d “liven up” the party.
Anne – not her real name – told Neil Mitchell she was among those who had a slice of what she thought was a harmless birthday cake.
“But it turns out the chocolate chunks contained marijuana,” she said.
“Within three hours myself and four other family members (some aged in their 80s) were hospitalised.”
Click PLAY below to hear more on 3AW Mornings