Thanks for logging in.

You can now click/tap WATCH to start the live stream.

Thanks for logging in.

You can now click/tap LISTEN to start the live stream.

Thanks for logging in.

You can now click/tap LATEST NEWS to start the live stream.

LISTEN
Watch
on air now

Create a 3AW account today!

You can now log in once to listen live, watch live, join competitions, enjoy exclusive 3AW content and other benefits.


Joining is easy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Queen’s Birthday party gets sick after BBQ was left on

3AW News
Article image for Queen’s Birthday party gets sick after BBQ was left on

The MFB says it’s lucky none of the five people who became ill while cooking a barbecue indoors weren’t killed.

Paramedics were called to the Campbellfield home last night to learn the gas barbecue had been going for about four hours.

Five people, from teenagers to people aged in their 50s, had suffered carbon-monoxide poisoning.

Three people were taken to Northern Hospital and two went to the Royal Melbourne Hospital, all with headaches and nausea.

MFB Commander Bob Lannigan told 3AW News it could have been a lot worse.

“It had the potential to make these people very ill and – worse case scenario – there could’ve been a fatality,” he said.

“It’s a colourless, odorless and very toxic to humans.”

By Pat Mitchell

3AW News
Advertisement