RECIPE: Emma Dean’s Chocolate and Yoghurt Cookies
I would best describe these cookies as adult!
The yoghurt adds a sour note and the chocolate a bitterness, so make sure you do add the salt.
Taste the mixture before you bake to adjust the salt content (you might need more!).
- 1 cup unbleached plain flour
- ? tsp. bicarbonate of soda
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 4 Tbsp. (80g) unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 7 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup thick full fat plain yoghurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ? cup chocolate chips, preferably Ghirardelli brand, either semisweet or bittersweet
- ? cup chopped pecans
Preheat the oven to 180C.
Mix together the flour, bicarb and salt in a large bowl.
In a saucepan, melt the butter, and then mix in both sugars and the cocoa.
Stir the butter mixture into the flour and then mix in the yoghurt and vanilla extract.
Stir in the chocolate chips and the pecans.
Drop walnut sized pieces onto a tray and squash with your fingers.
Bake for 10-11 minutes until they just crack.
Cool for 5 minutes, if you can!
I LOVE THESE!!!!